Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #308824 09/01/20 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i feel like Allen Iverson here. i got no connection YJ or Jesters but you guys making a big deal about a scrimmage????
You play a game, the goal is winning by both teams.
a scrimmage is totally different; can play 2 goalies. reserve attackman and defenders. Winning isn’t always paramount. I don’t know what either of these coaches intention was but I got to believe that neither thought people be talking about a scrimmage 2 months later.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #308830 09/01/20 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who told you it was a game?? game for what league or what tourney, send me the box score and standings. Stop with it had officials.......so that makes it a game.
Play in college or HS and you have a scrimmage; are there refs there?? of course
Bottom line is nobody cares about the scrimmage or the score, we care about the process and getting your son or daughter into a great college. The list every single year on the YJ website is proof. horn is filled with top D1 prospects. Make sure you tell Cathy Reese you beat Thorn in a scrimmage with real live officials and it's even on youtube. very sad the things we hang out hat on.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #308852 09/01/20 02:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]i feel like Allen Iverson here. i got no connection YJ or Jesters but you guys making a big deal about a scrimmage????
You play a game, the goal is winning by both teams.
a scrimmage is totally different; can play 2 goalies. reserve attackman and defenders. Winning isn’t always paramount. I don’t know what either of these coaches intention was but I got to believe that neither thought people be talking about a scrimmage 2 months later

Winning isn’t paramount? You don’t know YJ

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #308946 09/02/20 03:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Bottom Line—These girls are in 10th grade. The TOP players are well established and defined over all these years.
So let’s SPELL this OUT for you and everyone else for the 50th time-Inside Lacrosse is NOT the Coach Thorne or CR. BOTC is NOT coach Thorne or CR. The Team USA combine is NOT c
Coach Thorne or CR yet each one of these ranked or chose basically the Same girls that are in the team. Are there about 5 that could have gone either way, sure. That is where you had better have kicked butt at the tryout.
Last NEWS FLASH....it is going to be basically the same girls at EVERY major event your daughter tries out for. They are the competition going in. We know it. The sooner you do too the sooner you will have less anger.

Bottom Line evaluations should be conducted by non partial evaluators. Things seem a little fishy when a YJ coach selects 15 players from her own club and the Jesters coach selects 5 players from his team.

Or, those were the best players at the try out. Did we expect a lot 2024s to make it on a 24/23 team? As someone said, long shot for most. I think there were maybe 2 or 3 last year, my point not many. I hear a lot of complaining about the evaluators. 2 were from Jesters and one was YJ. Jesters only took 4-5 girls, so coming down on them over the number of kids from their team is a little ridiculous. Yjs team is stacked after picking up igloo, no surprise there. What’s going to happen next year when the promising 2025 class show up? Stop complaining and train!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309285 09/07/20 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Bottom Line—These girls are in 10th grade. The TOP players are well established and defined over all these years.
So let’s SPELL this OUT for you and everyone else for the 50th time-Inside Lacrosse is NOT the Coach Thorne or CR. BOTC is NOT coach Thorne or CR. The Team USA combine is NOT c
Coach Thorne or CR yet each one of these ranked or chose basically the Same girls that are in the team. Are there about 5 that could have gone either way, sure. That is where you had better have kicked butt at the tryout.
Last NEWS FLASH....it is going to be basically the same girls at EVERY major event your daughter tries out for. They are the competition going in. We know it. The sooner you do too the sooner you will have less anger.

Bottom Line evaluations should be conducted by non partial evaluators. Things seem a little fishy when a YJ coach selects 15 players from her own club and the Jesters coach selects 5 players from his team.

Or, those were the best players at the try out. Did we expect a lot 2024s to make it on a 24/23 team? As someone said, long shot for most. I think there were maybe 2 or 3 last year, my point not many. I hear a lot of complaining about the evaluators. 2 were from Jesters and one was YJ. Jesters only took 4-5 girls, so coming down on them over the number of kids from their team is a little ridiculous. Yjs team is stacked after picking up igloo, no surprise there. What’s going to happen next year when the promising 2025 class show up? Stop complaining and train!

Don’t we all know that there are no impartial evaluators in anything?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #309292 09/07/20 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you expect impartial evaluators in anything is laughable. no offense but you are very naive. my daughter got overlooked at UA every year. after the first year.she did not even want to try out but she always made the uncommitted team and she did so well that we bought the tryout tape. it was pretty funny watching her beat the girls who made it over her on video. If yor daughter played as well as you say then i am telling you to do the same thing i did. it only helped her during recruiting as she had great highlights. now she has a full tuition athletic scholarship. I pay room and board. laughing all the way to the bank. I say let them keep UA as is... she dint make it adn it worked out freaking great.

Like Reply Quote
2 members like this: JohnWick, JohnWick
Anonymous #309375 09/08/20 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the uncommitted girls play against other 'uncommitted' girls AKA the girls who didn't make the UA team. Those girls don't play against the girls who made the team. You make the team you play other regions; not girls that got cut. Your daughter may have played well enough to buy the film, but stick to the facts; they don't play the girls who Made the team congrats on your full tuition deal.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309403 09/08/20 10:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the uncommitted girls play against other 'uncommitted' girls AKA the girls who didn't make the UA team. Those girls don't play against the girls who made the team. You make the team you play other regions; not girls that got cut. Your daughter may have played well enough to buy the film, but stick to the facts; they don't play the girls who Made the team congrats on your full tuition deal.

But that doesn’t fit the angry bitter narrative of the original post, lol. God, these parents knocking other kids and programs. Smh Would love to know where this full ride was to 🙄 Hope the coach is ready for this guy

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309618 09/12/20 10:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you expect impartial evaluators in anything is laughable. no offense but you are very naive. my daughter got overlooked at UA every year. after the first year.she did not even want to try out but she always made the uncommitted team and she did so well that we bought the tryout tape. it was pretty funny watching her beat the girls who made it over her on video. If yor daughter played as well as you say then i am telling you to do the same thing i did. it only helped her during recruiting as she had great highlights. now she has a full tuition athletic scholarship. I pay room and board. laughing all the way to the bank. I say let them keep UA as is... she dint make it adn it worked out freaking great.

Maybe after she”beat the girls who made it over her” she could have passed the ball. And we all know why she didn’t! YOU!!!!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #309628 09/12/20 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coach ready. she knows she got value with her pick. dont know if you guys are smart enough to get it......and NO you are wrong as to how it works at tryouts. the film was against the girls who made it UA. we still laugh about it at home...suckers. LOL

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #309683 09/14/20 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coach ready. she knows she got value with her pick. dont know if you guys are smart enough to get it......and NO you are wrong as to how it works at tryouts. the film was against the girls who made it UA. we still laugh about it at home...suckers. LOL
said the bitter dad. wonder if this attitude has worked against your kids on their teams? hmmm

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard