BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 313 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The holdback world of lacrosse has grown out of its private school beginnings. The Private schools still have the majority of holdbacks and are growing even now, but many other areas have joined in. Pretty sad that majority see this as the way to get to college lacrosse. Frankly they are right to a certain extent.

My biggest objection is actually the way these holdbacks game the system in youth lacrosse. High School is still an advantage no matter what many say, but not nearly the advantage it is in youth ( 8th and below) . And you do have to compete after many have started to go thru puberty,
It’s how club teams survive and why no one cares how bad the teams are in 4th-6th grade. The holdback game usually begins summer into 7th. So you see big changes in strength and abilities of most elite teams who did nothing but struggle in 4th-6th grades. Gotta cheat to win in lacrosse. It’s nothing new, it’s not going to change, so do yourself a favor and jump on the bandwagon of acceptance or keep objecting and make yourself miserable.

Spallina played most of his youth as a 2020.Sunderland and Pietramala played on the same 2021 club, Petro not held back. Ohio goalie played 2021 resolute, Dwan 2021 green turtle. Most very good players stick with their age group peers or up until 8th grade. I think club should be age based until 8th grade. But what the grade based segmentation really does is group the kids by skill

The majority of holdbacks are not playing ON AGE. The majority are playing down.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The majority of holdbacks are not playing ON AGE. The majority are playing down.
They wouldn’t be holdbacks if they were on age. Holdbacks don’t play up either. Go back to Lacrosse Cheats 101 please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also holdbacks are prevalent in hoops and football where kids get full rides. Check out the ages on typical high level WCAC player at one of the big 4 programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what site is the recruits with their birthdays??

Top 10 2022's
Rest of the 5* 2022's
First wave of 4* 2022's

So an on-age 2022 should be born after September 1st, 2003. That would make them turning 18 during the 2021-2022 school year.

Looking at the top 10, four of them are playing down. Only one from MD! Now note that the top prospect has an early birthday, but in his defense he's generally played up two years (with 2020's). So I'll give him a pass. Plus, he's a June 2003, so it's not a huge stretch there.

Among the rest of the 5* players (12 total), four of them are playing down. Again, only one from MD!

From the first wave of 4* players (13 total), eight are playing down, and again, only one from MD!

From what I can tell, the majority of them so far are borderline... June, July, or August birthdays. I'm not going to hold too much against them either. And unless I know they did a pre-high school year, I'm not going to give too much grief to parents about starting Kindergarten late. There are lots of things that factor into that. Plus, I see no kids that are two years ahead (birthdays between September, 2001 and August, 2002).

If your on-age kid is really "elite," he should have no problem hanging with kids that have been held back, whatever the reason. I think most of the whining about holdbacks is from parents who think their kid is elite, but think holdbacks are pushing their kid out of D1 opportunities. I think there are a few legitimately concerned about safety... heck, my kid played on a team that played a lot of teams that had a bunch of holdbacks and was on-age, plus he was late-onset puberty. So I totally get the whole 4-10 attacker against the 6'2 pole in 8th grade. But he got better for it. And he'll get more academic money at a solid D3 school than many of these kids will get athletic money at D1 schools. So I'm OK with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 10 2022's
Rest of the 5* 2022's
First wave of 4* 2022's

So an on-age 2022 should be born after September 1st, 2003. That would make them turning 18 during the 2021-2022 school year.

Looking at the top 10, four of them are playing down. Only one from MD! Now note that the top prospect has an early birthday, but in his defense he's generally played up two years (with 2020's). So I'll give him a pass. Plus, he's a June 2003, so it's not a huge stretch there.

Among the rest of the 5* players (12 total), four of them are playing down. Again, only one from MD!

From the first wave of 4* players (13 total), eight are playing down, and again, only one from MD!

From what I can tell, the majority of them so far are borderline... June, July, or August birthdays. I'm not going to hold too much against them either. And unless I know they did a pre-high school year, I'm not going to give too much grief to parents about starting Kindergarten late. There are lots of things that factor into that. Plus, I see no kids that are two years ahead (birthdays between September, 2001 and August, 2002).

If your on-age kid is really "elite," he should have no problem hanging with kids that have been held back, whatever the reason. I think most of the whining about holdbacks is from parents who think their kid is elite, but think holdbacks are pushing their kid out of D1 opportunities. I think there are a few legitimately concerned about safety... heck, my kid played on a team that played a lot of teams that had a bunch of holdbacks and was on-age, plus he was late-onset puberty. So I totally get the whole 4-10 attacker against the 6'2 pole in 8th grade. But he got better for it. And he'll get more academic money at a solid D3 school than many of these kids will get athletic money at D1 schools. So I'm OK with it.

You can be ok with anything..Rest of us are not at youth level. Bottom line is according to you.. 16 out of 35 are holdbacks ! They couldnt make it on age .... That is the OK thing with these holdbacks. Quick look at rest and there are very few March and beyond 2004's. Thesec palyers are 2023 now. What a joke. Spin away, holdbacks play down to get an advantage other on age kids dont. Rules should be anyone that wants irregardless of grade can play down a year.

Bottom line Holding back works and will continue at youth and beyond. Expect more of same.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You realize you are talking about holdbacks on a high school thread? It's not against the rules anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 10 2022's
Rest of the 5* 2022's
First wave of 4* 2022's

You can be ok with anything..Rest of us are not at youth level. Bottom line is according to you.. 16 out of 35 are holdbacks ! They couldnt make it on age .... That is the OK thing with these holdbacks. Quick look at rest and there are very few March and beyond 2004's. Thesec palyers are 2023 now. What a joke. Spin away, holdbacks play down to get an advantage other on age kids dont. Rules should be anyone that wants irregardless of grade can play down a year.

Bottom line Holding back works and will continue at youth and beyond. Expect more of same.

as mentioned earlier none of the kids on the IL list took their advantage in youth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your on-age kid is really "elite," he should have no problem hanging with kids that have been held back, whatever the reason.

But the holdbacks didnt do that?? So why should my son?? LOL.. Holdback logic is always interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your on-age kid is really "elite," he should have no problem hanging with kids that have been held back, whatever the reason.

But the holdbacks didnt do that?? So why should my son?? LOL.. Holdback logic is always interesting.

The elite holdbacks on the IL list still played club on age or even up. They heldback for high school, but they also played varsity as Freshman ("Sophomores") so again played against older kids up to this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the Maryland club commit list look like?

Hero's - Navy (2) William and Mary (1)
M&D - Maryland (1) Stanford (1)
MD United Navy (1)

Skywalkers - UVA (1)

https://sportsrecruits.com/

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based off of the commitments so far it appears that those that played at the Juniors Open deserved to be there. So much for the theory that the best players weren’t invited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based off of the commitments so far it appears that those that played at the Juniors Open deserved to be there. So much for the theory that the best players weren’t invited.

Theory? Stupidity comes easy to you it looks like. Majority of those players did belong but there was many of the top players in the country who were not. It’s not debatable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has dates/times on the fall leagues that are supposed to start this weekend and next week? Why is everything so late and seems to be disorganized?
Baltimore
Annapolis
Kent Island
HoCo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe because we are in the middle of a world wide pandemic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Theory? Stupidity comes easy to you it looks like. Majority of those players did belong but there was many of the top players in the country who were not. It’s not debatable.

19/22 Inside Lacrosse Magazine's 5-stars were on the rosters at the Juniors Open. Four kids couldn't go because of injury but were rostered. It was likely the best assembly of talent we have ever seen.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...tar-prospects-in-the-class-of-2022/56823

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

19/22 Inside Lacrosse Magazine's 5-stars were on the rosters at the Juniors Open. Four kids couldn't go because of injury but were rostered. It was likely the best assembly of talent we have ever seen.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...tar-prospects-in-the-class-of-2022/56823

Because D- bag tied to Inside Lacrosse was looped I’m financially.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy is such an expert that what he says is “not debatable”. stunad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are High Schools getting together and putting teams in these Fall Anne Arundel and Howrd leagues or are the club teams putting their teams in... From what I have seen it looks like High School teams are putting teams together for Fall under different names.....Seems like Club teams are sticking to events and tournaments in the fall but I could be wrong..... Things change by the minute it may seem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have info on Prostart?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The elite holdbacks on the IL list still played club on age or even up. They heldback for high school, but they also played varsity as Freshman ("Sophomores") so again played against older kids up to this year.

Spin away,,,,They are being recruited as Holdbacks, not competing and being recuited against other on age 2021's. Let all the 2021's who didnt get held back drop down, different story. Spin away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are High Schools getting together and putting teams in these Fall Anne Arundel and Howrd leagues or are the club teams putting their teams in... From what I have seen it looks like High School teams are putting teams together for Fall under different names.....Seems like Club teams are sticking to events and tournaments in the fall but I could be wrong..... Things change by the minute it may seem

The HOCO league is club teams - like normal. The MLL has turned into a weird hybrid where kids register individually and the league has created teams. They've tried to keep kids together with high school teamates though so each team will have a bunch of kids from the same school with some add ins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's mostly St. Mary's kids - right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

umm look on the Prostart website and get all the info you need? Or request one of the looney bin fellows a few threads up that has a list appareantly has every top high school kid in the nation on a spread sheet and can tell you what tournament and ranking they are or should be-

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

umm look on the Prostart website and get all the info you need? Or request one of the looney bin fellows a few threads up that has a list appareantly has every top high school kid in the nation on a spread sheet and can tell you what tournament and ranking they are or should be-

^^^^ That’s funny^^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding's Principal and Vice Principal were fired ?? Could be a rough year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This will have zero impact on lacrosse or any of the sports at Spalding 🙄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Maryland Lacrosse League screwed up with their Baltimore High School League. They initially planned on having three separate divisions (MIAA, Public, and Open). But there apparently wasn't enough interest so they grouped them all together into the Open division. The problem is that instead of mixing the kids up they allowed high school teams to stay together. Nothing like having Varsity MIAA teams playing teams made up of a mix of underclassmen, public school kids, and random individual registered kids. I'm not sure anyone benefits from the team disparity - other than some kids who want to show off their BTB shots in blow out games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so sure about that statement... The word on the street is that they were fired for being involved in grade changing with athletes from the Football and Lacrosse teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so sure about that statement... The word on the street is that they were fired for being involved in grade changing with athletes from the Football and Lacrosse teams.

Spalding's gonna Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots 2022 commits so far any surprises??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the dead period being extended out to January 1, any reason to wait for in person coaches meetings is gone. Now its just a matter of getting offers and choosing among them. Folks forget this is a game of musical chairs. Aside from programs that keep some $$ in reserve for late bloomers and/or poaching, most of the scholarship money goes early.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Positive cases among students at Spalding and the school has halted in-person learning.

Despite attempts in recent years to put lipstick on it that place is, and always has been, a Glen Burnie dumpster fire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 cases in a school of 1,000+ students. That is a .2% positivity rate or 15 times below the state average. There will be cases of Covid when schools open just like there are cases of the flu every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 cases in a school of 1,000+ students. That is a .2% positivity rate or 15 times below the state average. There will be cases of Covid when schools open just like there are cases of the flu every year.

So the lacrosse is still practicing and playing in the AACO fall league as the dingers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Positive cases among students at Spalding and the school has halted in-person learning.

Despite attempts in recent years to put lipstick on it that place is, and always has been, a Glen Burnie dumpster fire.

Who is this dude with such a hard on for ripley and spalding? Go worry about your own kid as much as you obsess about spalding weirdo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the lacrosse is still practicing and playing in the AACO fall league as the dingers?

Any updates as to why the principal and vice principal were fired?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? This is a lacrosse forum, not Peyton Place

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? This is a lacrosse forum, not Peyton Place
Great answer lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the dead period being extended out to January 1, any reason to wait for in person coaches meetings is gone. Now its just a matter of getting offers and choosing among them. Folks forget this is a game of musical chairs. Aside from programs that keep some $$ in reserve for late bloomers and/or poaching, most of the scholarship money goes early.

Get yer 1/12 early or miss out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, due to drama queen people like you !

Like Reply Quote
Page 84 of 313 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard