BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 38 39
Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the Smithtown question. It can't be out of jealousy-its a middle class town-there are far nicer zip codes all around, no elite golf clubs or nice beaches; it can't be about winning-when was the last county-championship either Smithtown won in Football/Basketball/Lacrosse (decades, except for one lone lax championship years ago). Maybe it is due to the experience having interacted with the residents of the town. Not sure. I really don't see jealousy as a reason to disparage Smithtown. Hey, its a great town if you are looking for a car dealership, strip mall, large mall or a moderate cooking cutter development. T

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol sound like someone is a little jelly!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol sound like someone is a little jelly!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do people not understand that it is just a numbers game? When the Smithton kids get to high school they will be split and their teams "Half" as good--not quite but close. Of course they are better than teams puling from player pools 50-75% their size or smaller in some cases. Also there are plenty of other town teams who could do well playing vs the clubs--these town teams play together all year round. As the kids get older the club teams tend to get much much better.
That being said good for Smithtown 2028's--they are a great team. Lots of strong players and have never heard opposing kids complain about the way their kids play. The complaints are always about the coach and parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SNORE....BORING

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every other dad tries to start a club team for their eldest every year and the island is awash in club teams that have core bases of certain towns. Talent is diluted. As the kids get older the talent rises and comes together and there are fewer clubs teams and but a handful of towns that can compete. By 7th grade virtually no town team can compete with the top 5 remaining A level club teams. Been down this road twice before and this is the way it is and I imagine will continue to be. Enjoy your run Smithtown guys. When the team starts to lose more games around junior high the coaches will get blamed (wrongly, competition has changed) and the team will disintegrate as the top players will gravitate to the established elite teams. And your town will have multiplied politics as East vs. West bias/favoritism takes over. Good luck. Same with Hills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every other dad tries to start a club team for their eldest every year and the island is awash in club teams that have core bases of certain towns. Talent is diluted. As the kids get older the talent rises and comes together and there are fewer clubs teams and but a handful of towns that can compete. By 7th grade virtually no town team can compete with the top 5 remaining A level club teams. Been down this road twice before and this is the way it is and I imagine will continue to be. Enjoy your run Smithtown guys. When the team starts to lose more games around junior high the coaches will get blamed (wrongly, competition has changed) and the team will disintegrate as the top players will gravitate to the established elite teams. And your town will have multiplied politics as East vs. West bias/favoritism takes over. Good luck. Same with Hills.
The way you sound like your opinion means anything . Its a dead end sport with no future in it . Who cares about elite teams . Scholarships are very rare . Let 2028s enjoy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way you sound like your opinion means anything . Its a dead end sport with no future in it . Who cares about elite teams . Scholarships are very rare . Let 2028s enjoy.

Smithtown is filled with awful kids and even worse families... kids from East/West lax class every year attend schools like Yale, UPenn, Penn State, Maryland, Cornell, Hopkins...what a dead end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any club teams still accepting a level players? My son is a really good b level player but I would like him to practice with kids that are better than himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown is filled with awful kids and even worse families... kids from East/West lax class every year attend schools like Yale, UPenn, Penn State, Maryland, Cornell, Hopkins...what a dead end.

Yeah sounds terrible lol. Smithtown pumps out quality players. Period. Deal with it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach and parents have something to do with the way the kids at. Don’t you think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown has more players drafted to the MLL in the last 15 years then maybe any other public school program. Look at the numbers it’s crazy. And I’m sure their parents were all crazy too?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the Smithtown question. It can't be out of jealousy-its a middle class town-there are far nicer zip codes all around, no elite golf clubs or nice beaches; it can't be about winning-when was the last county-championship either Smithtown won in Football/Basketball/Lacrosse (decades, except for one lone lax championship years ago). Maybe it is due to the experience having interacted with the residents of the town. Not sure. I really don't see jealousy as a reason to disparage Smithtown. Hey, its a great town if you are looking for a car dealership, strip mall, large mall or a moderate cooking cutter development. T

You could not be more wrong in your statements about Smithtown Lacrosse success...
2003 Class A champions
2006 School split
2008 West County Final
2011 West County Final
2013 West County Final

2014 East Class A Champions
2015 East Class A Champions
2017 East County Final

I count 3 Suffolk County Championships, 4 More appearances in County Finals which is traditionally the top public league in USA over last two decades. Other than Wm and WI has there been a more successful program in the best league over the last 2 decades plus? And I should say Programs as this district is split in half!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SNORE, who really cares. I think I remember hearing that the Smithtown PAL coach hand picks who and where they play their games. Let’s please move on. How much are these top clubs charging this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My statement about former players being drafted is not false at all. Take a look at the numbers. I am very aware of WM and WI success. I lived it. You can not argue about the individual success Smithtown players have had. The youth program feeds the varsity programs with bonafide talent every year. What their varsity coaches due with it is a different story. As I said look at the success of Smithtown alumni at the D1 level it is amazing how they don’t have more championships, in the case of west even one?? But back to the 2028’s. Very very talented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I put my house on the market this afternoon. After reading this, i am moving to Smithtown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SNORE, who really cares. I think I remember hearing that the Smithtown PAL coach hand picks who and where they play their games. Let’s please move on. How much are these top clubs charging this year?

Obviously you care.

You make no sense, name a PAL team that is better and name a team that the coach is trying to avoid by hand picking games. I think you are pulling shiot out of your arsh.

You start first, how much is your kids club charging?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't be more wrong? Thanks for the data. West 0 championships in the last 16 years. East 2 in that same period. Football? Basketball? Baseball? Wrestling? I rest my case. As for lax being a dead end; you are completely right if your goal is for a scholarship-you'll spend more trying to get it than it will be worth. However, if your kid is a good lacrosse player, his college application will be in a different pile than the non-athlete and the pool of schools he can potentially get into will be much better than a non recruited athlete.

West Islip has consistently done more with less over the last two decades. Never mind WM. They dominate. You are consistently 3rd in your own league. Not what legends are made of What is your record vs Garden City and Cold Spring Harbor when you step out of your mighty Suffolk league 1 bubble? Hah, thought so...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West us beaten garden city 2 of the last three years and cold spring harbor plays in the C division they can battle it out with bayport/blue point and SWR. Again your missing the point. Hopefully you were a lacrosse player because you would have been cut from the debate team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me over the last 16 years like your other facts of Garden City vs. Smithtown. Something tells me there is a reason you only went back three years. I have no idea how many times Smithtown and CSH (sure small c school that regularly beats the best teams in A) have played but I clearly remember them beating West recently and being surprised myself. SWR is the team to beat in small school Suffolk and has been for the last two decades, sure Mt.Sinai, islip and BBP have had their outlier years, but SWR would've been the best team in all of Suffolk (again) this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take it to the HS thread.

Any big moves this year, it did most 28 A teams stay the same?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments are starting off in jersey for September are any scheduled for the island yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express got some great new players from Igloo plus some others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's so exciting to hear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates on clubs after all the tryouts? Any major improvements?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Running Fall Jam, Invite only I heard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express +, Igloo -, 91 same, legacy -, rush+, Moose same, Turtles same, Rebels -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kids left legacy? i think 91 lost a kid to legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 lost 1 player, gained 1 player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express +, Igloo -, 91 same, legacy -, rush+, Moose same, Turtles same, Rebels -

please explain how you came up with this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so who is invited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes please explain because some of that is not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Express +, Igloo -, 91 same, legacy -, rush+, Moose same, Turtles same, Rebels -

Yes please explain because some of that is not true"

THIS WHOLE CHAIN IS A JOKE. FROM ONE GUYS OPINION ON THE RELATIVE CHANGES TO 8 DIFFERENT TEAMS, AS IF HE KNOWS OR HAS SEEN THEM ALL, TO THE OTHER STUNADS DEMANDING HOW HE CAME UP WITH HIS OPINION, TO THE SPACE CADET SAYING SOME OF IT ISN'T TRUE. LOL. YOU PEOPLE ARE VACANT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know this .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey CAPS thanks for clearing it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's it... this needs to be settled... 91 Venom, 91 Surgeons, Turtles, Rush, Express, Mousse, Rebels, Igloo need to be in a tournament. Forget about the other nonsense teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's it... this needs to be settled... 91 Venom, 91 Surgeons, Turtles, Rush, Express, Mousse, Rebels, Igloo need to be in a tournament. Forget about the other nonsense teams.

91 b shouldn’t be on that list, and no way you omit Legacy. Hopefully they get to play on Long Island this fall, the tri star tournament has already been moved to Jersey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will all play out. Chill out. And hey, don't disparage people for their opinions-that is what the site is for. There are very few facts other than game scores, so we'll see. And it really doesn't matter-teams will change, kids will grow or not grow, lose interest b/c of their crazy Dad's or Mom's and pick other sports. "The Best" is splitting hairs anyway. We all generally know there are a few teams slightly better than others, likely due to one player, and some that are B teams. Enjoy it. We all may be on the same sideline one day. Root for any LI team to beat any out of state comp. Peace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 b shouldn’t be on that list, and no way you omit Legacy. Hopefully they get to play on Long Island this fall, the tri star tournament has already been moved to Jersey

91 venom, legacy, turtles, rebels, moose lax, express, igloo. In that order until proven otherwise this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgot Rush
91 venom, legacy, turtles, rebels, moose lax, rush, express, igloo

Page 5 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard