A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To make 30 something roster

More St A’s kids, no doubt, that will never make it off their JV B team. Hey Express parents, take a good look at the St A’s starters over past few years. A lot of them are NOT Express players. Get your kid on a team where he can actually “play” and in the process, get better. That’s his best chance at getting playing time on St A’s, at some point. Sitting on the bench, on a bad A team, will not help with that.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #309293 09/07/20 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 Tb improved this year

Rumor has it they lost a handful of starters on offense and defense and also the starting goalie and combined with there b team to make one team. Not sure how that’s an improvement

Where did they go?
2024 Tb improved this year

Rumor has it they lost a handful of starters on offense and defense and also the starting goalie and combined with there b team to make one team. Not sure how that’s an improvement

Where did they go?

Express schawle

Are they better off on true blues 16 man roster? It Sounds like Their having a hard time drawing kids. I wonder why ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309299 09/07/20 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These parents crack me up. They seem to think that they have it all figured out and know all the players at this age and speak in generalizations about players and programs. Yes there are b teams and a teams and aa teams. While the team may be b or a it doesn’t mean there are no aa or a PLAYERS on those so called labeled b teams. I’ve seen yr in and yr out and as kids hit puberty it is a game changer. Not just physically but mentally and the kids that want it, aren’t burnt out are the ones that play and succeed. Often times these are the players who were the the top players from many years ago but also players that play on these so called b teams or second tier programs. Remember nobody cares about team results in hs it is all about individual play. I also know for sure some of these players on these so called tier 2 programs and besides a few making an aa or top team, some of them can prob even start. Wait as time will tell but enjoy the ride as it goes by fast. Also worry about your own kid and don’t care what other kids do and don’t do.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309309 09/07/20 03:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These parents crack me up. They seem to think that they have it all figured out and know all the players at this age and speak in generalizations about players and programs. Yes there are b teams and a teams and aa teams. While the team may be b or a it doesn’t mean there are no aa or a PLAYERS on those so called labeled b teams. I’ve seen yr in and yr out and as kids hit puberty it is a game changer. Not just physically but mentally and the kids that want it, aren’t burnt out are the ones that play and succeed. Often times these are the players who were the the top players from many years ago but also players that play on these so called b teams or second tier programs. Remember nobody cares about team results in hs it is all about individual play. I also know for sure some of these players on these so called tier 2 programs and besides a few making an aa or top team, some of them can prob even start. Wait as time will tell but enjoy the ride as it goes by fast. Also worry about your own kid and don’t care what other kids do and don’t do.

Spot on post. And no, I’m not the parent of a B team kid. Quite the contrary. My son is an extremely talented player and has been a starter in a top AA team since day one. I have no doubt he will be in high demand with D1 coaches in another couple of years. But I have another son who has already been through the process as a very average B player, so I’ve experienced it from both sides. My older boy ended up going D3 and had an incredible amount of success. But this story is about one of his friends who my son played town ball with. The boy didn’t make either the A or B 91 teams. Didn’t make some other squads either. Finally landed on the Express B team where he stayed throughout his club career. That boy ended up being a HS All American for our HS team and ended up playing D1 at Stonybrook, with a scholarship. Started every game since his sophomore year at SB. Moral of the story is, none of the rankings, or teams right now mounts to a hill of beans. Put your son in the best possible position to be successful when it matters. Meaning, make sure the boy is getting plenty of reps via tons of game time experience. There is no substitute for game experience. Then sit back and let the chips fall where they may. And enjoy the quick ride. Because before you know it, this whole thing is just a distant memory. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309312 09/07/20 06:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spot on post. And no, I’m not the parent of a B team kid. Quite the contrary. My son is an extremely talented player and has been a starter in a top AA team since day one. I have no doubt he will be in high demand with D1 coaches in another couple of years. But I have another son who has already been through the process as a very average B player, so I’ve experienced it from both sides. My older boy ended up going D3 and had an incredible amount of success. But this story is about one of his friends who my son played town ball with. The boy didn’t make either the A or B 91 teams. Didn’t make some other squads either. Finally landed on the Express B team where he stayed throughout his club career. That boy ended up being a HS All American for our HS team and ended up playing D1 at Stonybrook, with a scholarship. Started every game since his sophomore year at SB. Moral of the story is, none of the rankings, or teams right now mounts to a hill of beans. Put your son in the best possible position to be successful when it matters. Meaning, make sure the boy is getting plenty of reps via tons of game time experience. There is no substitute for game experience. Then sit back and let the chips fall where they may. And enjoy the quick ride. Because before you know it, this whole thing is just a distant memory. Good luck.

So your saying if they are on a not so great team with terrible coaching and poor leadership qualities they should leave ?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #309316 09/07/20 07:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your saying if they are on a not so great team with terrible coaching and poor leadership qualities they should leave ?

Maybe?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309331 09/08/20 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would they leave a top team? Makes no sense.

This article about the owner of Madlax tells you all you need to know about the organization.

https://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

WOW. I totally nuts! All players are free agents the article is insane.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #309345 09/08/20 10:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's playing in the September To Remember tourney this weekend in NJ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309346 09/08/20 10:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To make 30 something roster

More St A’s kids, no doubt, that will never make it off their JV B team. Hey Express parents, take a good look at the St A’s starters over past few years. A lot of them are NOT Express players. Get your kid on a team where he can actually “play” and in the process, get better. That’s his best chance at getting playing time on St A’s, at some point. Sitting on the bench, on a bad A team, will not help with that.
No one on CoachS team going to St A. You don't even know what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309355 09/08/20 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s canceled !!!!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #309357 09/08/20 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one. Its cancelled.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309359 09/08/20 12:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s canceled !!!!
It is not cancelled

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309360 09/08/20 01:24 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

It’s canceled !!!!
It is not cancelled

Hmmm. Not on the website - https://mylacrossetournaments.com/events/

Like Reply Quote
cltlax #309363 09/08/20 02:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely cancelled- was notified.

Like Reply Quote
cltlax #309368 09/08/20 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

It’s canceled !!!!
It is not cancelled

Hmmm. Not on the website - https://mylacrossetournaments.com/events/
I'm surprised with no high school sports I would think teams should have started practice and eager to get some practice tournaments in.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard