BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls LI travel teams and league references?
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Hey all! I'm new to BOTC and kind of new to the world of lax.

My 9th grade daughter has been playing travel lax for the past few years. We just recently switched club teams because my daughter was looking to be more competitive.

I've seen references to travel/club team "leagues" in this forum. How do you know what league your team is in? I've never actually heard any coaches make mention of this before nor have I seen any mention of it at tournaments.

Just curious!
Thanks in advance smile

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls LI travel teams and league references?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI travel Clubs do not play against each other willingly, there is not a spring or summer league for club teams. That said
LI Junior Lacrosse did have a summer league this year for middle and high school teams, which was the first time that was done. Most teams were based on your school although there were a few club teams sprinkled in mostly YJ & Elevate. I doubt it will be repeated although I thought it was done very well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was the second year in a row for the summer league. He should do a fall league also.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I’m asking about when people reference A or B league, as in the level of performance of the team.

My daughter plays travel basketball and we’ve always known what league we were in with that, but with lax, I’ve seen it referenced on the forum, but never by the actual travel teams/coaches. So how do you know what league you’re playing in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JohnWick
I’m asking about when people reference A or B league, as in the level of performance of the team.

My daughter plays travel basketball and we’ve always known what league we were in with that, but with lax, I’ve seen it referenced on the forum, but never by the actual travel teams/coaches. So how do you know what league you’re playing in?

It’s not a league it’s a level A being better than B
Most clubs distinguish by color. Or by coaches names. Just like basketball look for the key players or best coaches and you will know which you’re on. Btw being on a solid B team is not a bad thing

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

It’s not a league it’s a level A being better than B
Most clubs distinguish by color. Or by coaches names. Just like basketball look for the key players or best coaches and you will know which you’re on. Btw being on a solid B team is not a bad thing

Some examples are-

Top Guns: Black is A team, Purple is B team
Elevate: Blue is A team, Red B team
Legacy: Blue is A team, Teal B team
Liberty: Black Is A team, Red is B team

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Ok, now I see. Thank you.

Our prior club and current club only have one team for each grade year and I knew some clubs had multiple teams with the better players together on a specific team, but there's no actual "A League" or "B League" where only A teams play A teams. I'm assuming tournament directors know what performance level each team is at and try to match them the best they can. I know with our prior club we played both "A" and "B" teams during tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches submit their team into the bracket they want to play in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, now I see. Thank you.

Our prior club and current club only have one team for each grade year and I knew some clubs had multiple teams with the better players together on a specific team, but there's no actual "A League" or "B League" where only A teams play A teams. I'm assuming tournament directors know what performance level each team is at and try to match them the best they can. I know with our prior club we played both "A" and "B" teams during tournaments.

Correct - other than invitation only tournaments, they are generally open to all and club directors or coaches decide what level to enter. Ideally, the A's would play the A's and the B's play the B's but just like any sport, there are some who care more about the championship t-shirt and picture on social media than challenging their teams to play at the appropriate level. And of course, there are honest mistakes when teams just don't match up as expected. As a coach I've been on both ends and neither is much fun.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Correct - other than invitation only tournaments, they are generally open to all and club directors or coaches decide what level to enter. Ideally, the A's would play the A's and the B's play the B's but just like any sport, there are some who care more about the championship t-shirt and picture on social media than challenging their teams to play at the appropriate level. And of course, there are honest mistakes when teams just don't match up as expected. As a coach I've been on both ends and neither is much fun.

Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard