BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 53 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the kids from other teams were just more $ to the directors and less playing time to the other 25 kids on the roster

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out for 24 this week. What do you guys know about that program and its coaches? On paper the coaching staff looks good. And said they won some local tournaments last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you live out east, I would look into Empire before 24. 24 doesn’t play in any meaningful tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have done the Empire tryout (we are definitely East) but the 2025 team isn’t great. Apparently 24 beats them at all the tournaments they are in together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son tried out for 24 this week. What do you guys know about that program and its coaches? On paper the coaching staff looks good. And said they won some local tournaments last year.

Good value, second tier club. Most of these coaches can coach, it’s about the commitment to practice. Not a criticism, but they cxld their whole summer and did the right thing I heard.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good value, second tier club. Most of these coaches can coach, it’s about the commitment to practice. Not a criticism, but they cxld their whole summer and did the right thing I heard.

Thank you. This is the kind of insight I was hoping for. I'm okay with them not doing tournaments this summer. Doens't seem worth it at this age, honestly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is great that you are the best every year can you do one thing and look at where the kids went to college and what club i think if you look into that you will be very surprised and by the way who cares that you are the best it is about your son getting into College

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. This is the kind of insight I was hoping for. I'm okay with them not doing tournaments this summer. Doens't seem worth it at this age, honestly.

Actually -- what do you mean by "it's about the commitment to practice"? Do they not practice? Or not often?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually -- what do you mean by "it's about the commitment to practice"? Do they not practice? Or not often?

What that means is that some teams practice the minimum and in turn so the minimum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do the people on this forum consider the minimum for practices?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do the people on this forum consider the minimum for practices?

depends on the level/cost of the team IMO...high level ie 91 and LIE 2x per week during fall, 1x during winter, 2-3x during spring/summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will all practice enough in the Fall to ensure they wont have to refund you again if/when they cxl due to COVID....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drop everything - i got me 11th email from Hitmen looking for a goalie. Where can we sign up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drop everything - i got me 11th email from Hitmen looking for a goalie. Where can we sign up?

I think this a sign of saturation. So many clubs have come and gone, merged or been absorbed in the last 2-5 years that I can recall, I am sure there are a few more.. There is only so many players.

Force
TLI
Bluefish
Knights
Jesters boys teams
Dune Dogs
Riptide
Rough Riders
Mamas Boys
Stampede

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big time saturation.... They have sold all on the hype machine. Worst part is all of these clubs are grossly mis-managed. If any of these guys knew how to run a business they would prosper but they dont so you see what happens.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big time saturation.... They have sold all on the hype machine. Worst part is all of these clubs are grossly mis-managed. If any of these guys knew how to run a business they would prosper but they dont so you see what happens.....

Fact is not every kid or parent belongs on Express, Igloo, 91 or Rebels. Does that mean the others need to go out of business? Probably not... but, the lack of professionalism and attention to running the club is so apparent when it is not run as a full time business. After being at both upper tier and lower tier clubs... i can tell you that the 2nd tier clubs are exactly what you pay for. Parents don't prioritize, the practices get canceled... etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact is not every kid or parent belongs on Express, Igloo, 91 or Rebels. Does that mean the others need to go out of business? Probably not... but, the lack of professionalism and attention to running the club is so apparent when it is not run as a full time business. After being at both upper tier and lower tier clubs... i can tell you that the 2nd tier clubs are exactly what you pay for. Parents don't prioritize, the practices get canceled... etc.
Its funny that you list the rebels and igloo alongside Express and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually this year it’s funny you list express, rebels and igloo next to 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually this year it’s funny you list express, rebels and igloo next to 91.

What about true blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Side note - Igloo and Rebels aren't even in the same stratosphere as 91 & Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels were losing to Express last year 9-0 in the third quarter when the game was canceled because the Rebels coach got tossed for screaming like a lunatic on the sidelines. Pretty embarrassing, but it did serve to stop the beat-down that was taking place. And that was the Rebels team with the 2024s and the kid who took the ferry from Connecticut to be there. Imagine what would have happened if it was the Rebels legitimate team. It's Express and 91 at the top and then a big jumble of teams, any one of which can beat the other on any given day. Anyone who's watched the AAAAA DiamondBurstSpaceForce travel lacrosse teams over the past two years knows that's the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about your teams rank all that matters is your kid is getting better . Here is a good one to look at not every kid is going to a top Div 1 school so pump the brakes Dad and just sit your lawn chair and shut your mouth be happy your son is on the field having fun . UNC and Duke will find your son if he is that good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to Agree but its Express and 91 (at least at the end of the Covid Summer it was) With some of the additions Igloo and Rebels made, if any, maybe that gap shrinks? I doubt it but who knows. But until proven otherwise, Force-Gloo and these other clubs are all the same. Mediocity at its worst.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to Agree but its Express and 91 (at least at the end of the Covid Summer it was) With some of the additions Igloo and Rebels made, if any, maybe that gap shrinks? I doubt it but who knows. But until proven otherwise, Force-Gloo and these other clubs are all the same. Mediocity at its worst.....
Express and 91. Then the rest. That's just the fact. Doesn't mean we cant enjoy watching our kids play the game. Some of you people need serious help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I prefer MIgloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have any info on the Hornets? I'm thinking of having my son tryout for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have any info on the Hornets? I'm thinking of having my son tryout for them

Reach out to 91 or to the coaches. From what I've hear they took 4 or 5 new kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t waste your time with 2nd team of big clubs.

They don’t care about the B team. They will be put in garbage tournaments run by 91

These teams have huge turnover every year. Numbers will always be a problems with these teams. 26 B team barely had enough. 28 b team, kids played in 2 tourneys and had no kids. 28 A team played in 5. 27 b team 7-8 kids just left. You get the point

Stay far away from 91 B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don’t care about the B team. They will be put in garbage tournaments run by 91

These teams have huge turnover every year. Numbers will always be a problems with these teams. 26 B team barely had enough. 28 b team, kids played in 2 tourneys and had no kids. 28 A team played in 5. 27 b team 7-8 kids just left. You get the point

So it’s easy to say big clubs don’t care about B teams. And some do and some don’t. But the it’s also parents that sign their kid up club and they play other travel sports and treat it like rec. I am not saying don’t play more sports, I am saying don’t play multiple travel teams. It happens on these teams and practice suffers and then the part time kids show up game day. On A teams this is the primary sport, on B teams it’s 50/50 sometimes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another ridiculous statement from a Botc troll. I’m familiar with four 91 B teams. They are all very serious about their team and considered good to very good. The fact is, most players will never play on an A team, and 91 B teams are a very good option for them. Beware of trolls that claim to be experts on everything. A sure fire tell tale of a clueless troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So it’s easy to say big clubs don’t care about B teams. And some do and some don’t. But the it’s also parents that sign their kid up club and they play other travel sports and treat it like rec. I am not saying don’t play more sports, I am saying don’t play multiple travel teams. It happens on these teams and practice suffers and then the part time kids show up game day. On A teams this is the primary sport, on B teams it’s 50/50 sometimes.

Fair point. But I could easily counter that the clubs put no effort into these teams. You will see the A team with 6 coaches and the B team with 1-2. The B team coach will cancel practice all the time. The A team coach will have it 2x a week. As a result the better players on these B teams will often leave and go elsewhere. This results in a roster that changes a lot every year. As a result you have low numbers. They then take players from the A team and ask them to play and help out. Only problem with this is when the A team has another tournament your pretty much screwed. You then wind up playing with 14 kids at a tournament and get crushed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair point. But I could easily counter that the clubs put no effort into these teams. You will see the A team with 6 coaches and the B team with 1-2. The B team coach will cancel practice all the time. The A team coach will have it 2x a week. As a result the better players on these B teams will often leave and go elsewhere. This results in a roster that changes a lot every year. As a result you have low numbers. They then take players from the A team and ask them to play and help out. Only problem with this is when the A team has another tournament your pretty much screwed. You then wind up playing with 14 kids at a tournament and get crushed

So I can tell you as a parent, that the Hornets have a full roster, have 4 experienced coaches and played in 5 events over the summer and 2 or 3 in the fall. They added 5 strong players from tryouts and we will be a solid team. They practice all fall, train throughout the winter and practiced weekly over the summer. I’m not saying we are the best but we are competitive and the team gets a lot of practice and training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another ridiculous statement from a Botc troll. I’m familiar with four 91 B teams. They are all very serious about their team and considered good to very good. The fact is, most players will never play on an A team, and 91 B teams are a very good option for them. Beware of trolls that claim to be experts on everything. A sure fire tell tale of a clueless troll.

Everything I said was true. What 4 91 B teams are you familiar with? Please enlighten me on the ones that take it serious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know several strong players that went to them. They should be competitive in B brackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any Nassau county teams looking for attack?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all are if your kid could really play. If he's average then may be tough this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all are if your kid could really play. If he's average then may be tough this year.

Hitmen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo, looking for attack, must be able to shoot and you’re in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team looking to add 5-6 players to make up for their $$ losses last season. Oh wait, they didn't lose a dime but still padded the rosters to line their pockets. NOT one club is concerned about development. The minute you slip they'll replace you or hold your spot and add 3 more kids. They're all just in it for the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great...That will bring the roster to 35!! A bargain at $4000. What happened to the coach's kid?

Page 6 of 53 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard