BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 313 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Dogpile
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What a snowflake comment above. I feel bad for you and your kid. Welcome to the real world!! Your kid is going to get run over as an adult. Life is not fair!!!

Rest my case. The morally corrupt, over privileged use their “Karen” voice to defend their actions.

[ChillLaxin] out of your double hold back, embarrassed by his parents actions kid(man)-

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty's listings have been tilted for years and are incredible. When you hear at least two parents in the same week talk about how their son has a lot of this and says he needs a little more of that and he'll be a great D1 player, then those exact words literally appear the following week or two on IL, you know it's rigged. And it's the same parents that pad the coaches pockets to stay on the team and have one play designed for them. It's disgusting.

NOW, IL has the audacity to 'get evaluated'. IL finally admits "We've been quietly taking money from people to get rated, but let's go public, take some more and make it a product offering." Did anyone see those prices? It's nearly an additional grand a year! Pay to get a rating. FLG's LILJ is the same way.

In the past few years we hear of this so-called 'parity' that doesn't exist, to the past few months of making the playing fields more racially balanced, IL's move of paying for ratings now creates an even bigger gap for the wealthy too separate. It's appalling and bad for the sport.

Probably a major issue in rankings if it is basically one persons opinion going off of what he hears or alledgedly hears. This is where being involved in events or business with someone who has a player involved or taking "extras" taints this process badly. Even if it is not intentional there will always be benefits to these relationships. player pushed higher because making money with person x and not wanting it to be awkward and having personal relationships.

Get over it kid is top 5 no doubt and after the LI attackman Spallina he is probably #2 and large majority feel that way Business relationship or not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most league rules are you can’t turn 19 before the start of your senior years including MIAA and other prep school leagues..PGs included. Any thing else is urban legend.

Is that the season or the year? Some 22's I know of are holding back this year and are 2003 birth years. Of course private school kids. A few kids at Episcopal did this last year and came in other from other IAC schools. Not sure why you would leave Landon or SSSAS to play Episcopal. Can these Episcopal kids get a 5th year in the IAC as they played their true freshmen year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most league rules are you can’t turn 19 before the start of your senior years including MIAA and other prep school leagues..PGs included. Any thing else is urban legend.

Is that the season or the year? Some 22's I know of are holding back this year and are 2003 birth years. Of course private school kids. A few kids at Episcopal did this last year and came in other from other IAC schools. Not sure why you would leave Landon or SSSAS to play Episcopal. Can these Episcopal kids get a 5th year in the IAC as they played their true freshmen year?

19 year olds are not suppose to play if they start the year as a 19 year old. Turning 19 on Sept 1 is ok as long as you do it on day 1 of school year. Saying that, I have seen several players who turned 19 prior to school year during summer or even earlier, play in MIAA. Coaches turn a blind eye to it as they all do it occasionally. Not that common but does happen.

The norm for MIAA and IAC is to turn 19 during school yea, Very common, Public the norm is to turn 18 during school year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several players? Who and what school?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
September 1 will be a big let down for many of these young men that have been told they are elite or even worse- that they are on some schools radar- Many D-1 schools have watched a ton of film this past month on 21’s and 22’s-
21’s are still being recruited hard and will get the bulk of roster spots that need to be filled which isn’t many. The landscape has changed so much in this past year -
Those that are relying on inflated club coaches egos and deals with Twitter Lax bro wanna be recruiters might want to get their red solo cups out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Just about 9/1, ya'll. Posting my Top 10 Juniors early tomorrow afternoon to kick off a huge week of Class of 2022 content on @Inside_Lacrosse. Doing something that I've been weighing for a long time — next to each recruit's name, we'll be listing birth year/birth month. Boom.

Ty-
This decision was made b/c I think transparency is important, plus it adds context to a recruit's development. I'll also say this: if you're gonna be in the replies detracting from a kid's hard work just because they're a few months older (not their fault), feel free to unfollow
—-

What real benefit is there for giving out kids birthday-
This guy is a real hammerhead bag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Just about 9/1, ya'll. Posting my Top 10 Juniors early tomorrow afternoon to kick off a huge week of Class of 2022 content on @Inside_Lacrosse. Doing something that I've been weighing for a long time — next to each recruit's name, we'll be listing birth year/birth month. Boom.

Ty-
This decision was made b/c I think transparency is important, plus it adds context to a recruit's development. I'll also say this: if you're gonna be in the replies detracting from a kid's hard work just because they're a few months older (not their fault), feel free to unfollow
—-

Lol, the only parents who have an issue with birthdates being published are those who held a kid back purely for lax. I love the idea as it’ll show many players are in age, most who aren’t are close and the few that are way behind are the products of parents who live vicariously through their kids lax lives and deserve to be exposed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Ty-
—-

I have issues with what Ty puts puts out, but publishing birthdates is a great idea. Why shouldn’t people know this info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Ty-
—-

As a coach, I can tell you one of the first questions of a college coach is birthday. My 17 year old seniors at a lot more desirable than my 19 yr old ones. It’s not a reflection of the player as it’s a parental decision, but age is extremely relevant.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Ty-
—-

Lol, the only parents who have an issue with birthdates being published are those who held a kid back purely for lax. I love the idea as it’ll show many players are in age, most who aren’t are close and the few that are way behind are the products of parents who live vicariously through their kids lax lives and deserve to be exposed.
Looking forward to seeing those 19 yo phenoms get a second look from coaches... how much runway do they have to get better after playing down in age all this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better yet... publish a background check of parents. That will really tell coaches the package they are getting for 4-5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better yet... publish a background check of parents. That will really tell coaches the package they are getting for 4-5 years.

Club coaches provide that info

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Ty-
—-

I would guess that the older kids are more likely to have "peaked" performance wise, while the younger ones have more potential.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Ty-
—-

I would guess that the older kids are more likely to have "peaked" performance wise, while the younger ones have more potential.
I wouldn't guess that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't guess that.[/quote]
All kids are not created equal, haven't been playing as long, different coaches/teams, but yes in general it is more likely to have a 19 yr old peaking than a 17 yr old. This is why most college coaches want the younger players even if they aren't quite at the level of the 19 yr old. Don't underestimate how much college coaches think they can develop a player who has the tools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't guess that.
All kids are not created equal, haven't been playing as long, different coaches/teams, but yes in general it is more likely to have a 19 yr old peaking than a 17 yr old. This is why most college coaches want the younger players even if they aren't quite at the level of the 19 yr old. Don't underestimate how much college coaches think they can develop a player who has the tools.[/quote]

If that were the case then the coaches wouldn't keep recruiting older kids. It's not like coaches don't know the ages of their recruits. And I guess coaches don't go after senior transfers or grad school transfers because they've run out of runway. But you keep hoping your undersized kid's potential will get him in the starting lineup one day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't guess that.
All kids are not created equal, haven't been playing as long, different coaches/teams, but yes in general it is more likely to have a 19 yr old peaking than a 17 yr old. This is why most college coaches want the younger players even if they aren't quite at the level of the 19 yr old. Don't underestimate how much college coaches think they can develop a player who has the tools.[/quote]
Must be why college rosters are loaded with private school holdbacks, PG kids from the Founders League and Canadians who are typically older for their grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a great comment for a podcast but coaches actions speak loader than words. It all sounds good but not what they do. They would take a 30 year old if they had eligibility and could help their team. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Ty-
—-

As a coach, I can tell you one of the first questions of a college coach is birthday. My 17 year old seniors at a lot more desirable than my 19 yr old ones. It’s not a reflection of the player as it’s a parental decision, but age is extremely relevant.

As a coach your first question should be how old the
Players are. But you don’t need to get that info from Twitter ! Most players are already embarrassed by the behavior of their parents and don’t need it all over the Internet by some trolling wanna be recruiter! I’m sure bdays info is out there somewhere for all players if you really want to search for it- just don’t agree that it should blasted on Twitter or any other forum-

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 smash playing zone In a recruiting event elite 8 on the eve of September 1 for the 22’s is embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 smash playing zone In a recruiting event elite 8 on the eve of September 1 for the 22’s is embarrassing.

The new API!

🤦‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a coach your first question should be how old the
Players are. But you don’t need to get that info from Twitter ! Most players are already embarrassed by the behavior of their parents and don’t need it all over the Internet by some trolling wanna be recruiter! I’m sure bdays info is out there somewhere for all players if you really want to search for it- just don’t agree that it should blasted on Twitter or any other forum-
I disagree that this shouldn’t be on Twitter. I think if all tournaments started publishing rosters with birthdates, all websites listed birthday along with class, etc. maybe parents would start being the ones who are embarrassed and not hold their kids back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty-

Ty-
—-

People know his rankings were inaccurate. But now think the birthdays are? stunands. Unfollow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have mixed feelings on Ty posting birthdates. On the one hand it feels a little bit like holdback shaming and is probably embarrassing for the kids and that's a little unfair since the parents are the one making these decisions. On the other hand I really detest the holdback game and think it's wrong for some kids to get advantages over others. We all know that in college it evens out. In HS it matters though. Just look at the Ty's top 10. Only 1 2004 there. Even if some of those 2003's are not holdbacks this clearly shows that being older helps. And look at the 2023 kids on the LI UA team. Many of them are 2022 holdbacks and those kids would NOT have made the team if they stayed at 2022. Those 2 facts right there show that being older gives you a big advantage. That being the case, part of me feels like the parents of the holdbacks should be shamed and maybe publicizing it will cause people to rethink working the system like they do. IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks were impressive last night. #1 Team in the country. Would have liked to see them play LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have mixed feelings on Ty posting birthdates. ..... That being the case, part of me feels like the parents of the holdbacks should be shamed and maybe publicizing it will cause people to rethink working the system like they do. IMO.

Shamed for what? Are they breaking any school or tournament rules?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks were impressive last night. #1 Team in the country. Would have liked to see them play LI.

They won again? Let the detest begin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big deal. Those teams were no good and they set the tournament up for the Hawks to have the easy road. 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shamed for having their kid in the top 10? Please. IT doesn't matter if these kids are holdbacks. They are elite level players no matter what age group they played in. Why are you people so enamored with this??? It is what it is. Obviously it works or so many top level kids wouldn't be doing it. You chose for your son not to and some did. GET OVER IT.

Life is not fair Mr. SNOWFLAKE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have mixed feelings on Ty posting birthdates. ..... That being the case, part of me feels like the parents of the holdbacks should be shamed and maybe publicizing it will cause people to rethink working the system like they do. IMO.

No reason the birthdate shouldn’t be published their senior year. Most of the kids are 18 or 19, they are legally adults and have no more reasonable expectation of privacy as you or I.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you be will to publish your court records? Those are public too.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Shamed for having their kid in the top 10? Please. IT doesn't matter if these kids are holdbacks. They are elite level players no matter what age group they played in. Why are you people so enamored with this??? It is what it is. Obviously it works or so many top level kids wouldn't be doing it. You chose for your son not to and some did. GET OVER IT.

Just because it works, that makes it right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Just because it works, that makes it right?

Of course they are very good players even though they are holdbacks. That is not disputed. It's also not disputed that probably none of the holdbacks would have been in the top 10 (except for 1 maybe) if their parents didn't game the system to give their kids an advantage. That is my issue. I'm not enamored by it but I'm bothered by it. So are most others. There are 7-8 true rising juniors that would have been on the top 10 list these holdback parents played by the same rules as (most of) the others. You know and I know. If it makes you feel better to justify your cheating by saying life isn't fair, that's up to you. But people are going to keep calling you and the others out.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Would you be will to publish your court records? Those are public too.

publishing birthday being compared to publishing your court records...ya, that makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#15-3. ALWAYS REMEMBER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#15-3. ALWAYS REMEMBER.

Hawks API score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#15-3. ALWAYS REMEMBER.

Hawks API score?

Close, Hawks vs 91 Fire score. MM cant get enough ringers to win a meaningful game. He should just play with the kids who pay club fees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#15-3. ALWAYS REMEMBER.

Hawks API score?

Close, Hawks vs 91 Fire score. MM cant get enough ringers to win a meaningful game. He should just play with the kids who pay club fees.

Boy, that chutzpah for you! The pot calling the kettle black. 2022 Hawks = ringers central.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No reason the birthdate shouldn’t be published their senior year. Most of the kids are 18 or 19, they are legally adults and have no more reasonable expectation of privacy as you or I.

well the birth month and years of the IL top 10 for 2022 were published. None 18. 3 turned 17 in summer or spring. The oldest from Culver turns 18 in oct. The other 6 are 16 as of Sept 1. I don;t think it's a big deal to have their birth months. Will break the myth that every kid in MD and DC is held back and that there are double holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
Page 82 of 313 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard