BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 156 of 214 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I'm shocked not to see complaints about the UA team. Looks like CR kept half her team

If you haven't figured it out this a YJ program. If you are not on YJ you are making a donation. If Corrigan wanted the best players he would have independent evaluators.

Two years ago the exact group of girls tried out for spots on the Under Armour Command team. It was for the BBP/Legacy and Mattituck Under Armor coaches and there were also TG evaluators. There was no Carol Rose, yet pretty much the same YJ players were chosen again. By luck? by chance? You can rule out politics as it was a completely different selection committee. Then from what club exactly would you expect the most players to come from? For most age groups there is no doubt the larger number of players have to come from YJ. Everyone always wants to cry foul on every Select team roster selection, whether it is UA, USA, schoolgirls, and every award from the IL lists, All American, County awards...... They want to cry foul when kids get recruited over their own, etc, etc....The same girls who make this UA team are the same ones recognized for all these other other teams, honors, lists. Do you really think CR controls every aspect of everything ever lacrosse related? And if she does, then you are playing for the wrong club. But the correct answer is, the girls are very good and very deserving. Congrats to everyone who made the team, including the non-YJ players!

There will always be sour grapes. Some people will never get it, when their daughter is not selected or recognized they will cry foul and complain that it is all political. The only "List" that really matters is the "Coaches List". It all shakes out during the recruiting process. If your daughter is a top tier player she will receive offers from top tier college programs. Coaches know who they want and they do not wait to let the players and parents know. If a coach is talking to you / your daughter but they are not offering a spot it s because they have other players ranked higher. There are probably between 20 - 30 legit top tier players on The Island in a given graduation year.

i agree there will always be sour grapes but that was really ridiculous. having your dad there to push you and your friends through ? seriously ? Or taking 15 of your own players? completely unbelievable.... I would never take that UA thing serious again. they should have had independent evaluators thats realistic. some of those girls would be on that list either way. they are that good but they just blew it with this nonsense this year. shame on them

wait they didn't have outside evaluators? so the coaches picked the team? of course they picked their own players!!!! Next time before you sign up check and see whose evaluating and you'll know who makes the team thats funny..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish they would check out the validity of the other sports accolades in the bio's. Sad how a kid outright lied especially in a sport that is simple to verify.

My God, is it really all that important to your ego? You now want some sports management major making $7 an hour to check the facts on every player? Get a life dude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish they would check out the validity of the other sports accolades in the bio's. Sad how a kid outright lied especially in a sport that is simple to verify.

I can tell you from first hand experience that many times if there is incorrect info in a players Bio it is not always due to the player. Even at the college level at Top 20 programs the information is inaccurate. My older daughter's info is not all accurate and it's not due to her providing false or inaccurate info. It is due to someone in the schools athletic / sports information department making mistakes. Every player on every team at the university fills out a questionnaire and then somebody in the athletic department writes the Bio.... many mistakes are made. Not a lot of proof reading or double checking... the athletes don't see it until it is up on the website. Many times accolades are left out, mistakes are made.

Seriously. Does anyone take responsibility for their actions. It’s somebody else’s fault. Unbelievable. The bios are inflated by the players/parents. I guess it’s not the YJ coaches fault for taking their players over more deserving players. Always an excuse never responsibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My God, is it really all that important to your ego? You now want some sports management major making $7 an hour to check the facts on every player? Get a life dude.

Not at all. Just wish there were better quality people out there. Oh well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I wish they would check out the validity of the other sports accolades in the bio's. Sad how a kid outright lied especially in a sport that is simple to verify.

My God, is it really all that important to your ego? You now want some sports management major making $7 an hour to check the facts on every player? Get a life dude.[/quot

Noooo. How about not inflating your bio. As far as ego.....look at yourself and the parents of the players who submitted the overhyped nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can tell you from first hand experience that many times if there is incorrect info in a players Bio it is not always due to the player. Even at the college level at Top 20 programs the information is inaccurate. My older daughter's info is not all accurate and it's not due to her providing false or inaccurate info. It is due to someone in the schools athletic / sports information department making mistakes. Every player on every team at the university fills out a questionnaire and then somebody in the athletic department writes the Bio.... many mistakes are made. Not a lot of proof reading or double checking... the athletes don't see it until it is up on the website. Many times accolades are left out, mistakes are made.

Seriously. Does anyone take responsibility for their actions. It’s somebody else’s fault. Unbelievable. The bios are inflated by the players/parents. I guess it’s not the YJ coaches fault for taking their players over more deserving players. Always an excuse never responsibility.

Maybe take responsibility for your kid not making the team because she has been outworked by the other kids who have dads who dont make excuses such as coaches taking their players and tell their kids to work harder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I wish they would check out the validity of the other sports accolades in the bio's. Sad how a kid outright lied especially in a sport that is simple to verify.

My God, is it really all that important to your ego? You now want some sports management major making $7 an hour to check the facts on every player? Get a life dude.[/quot

Noooo. How about not inflating your bio. As far as ego.....look at yourself and the parents of the players who submitted the overhyped nonsense.

Allegedly one girl put some exaggerated claim from another sport and you people are ready to throw all the accomplishments of all the players under the bus? I can't vouch for everyone, but I just read several of the bios from the players that I know personally, and they are dead on accurate. Many of these players are extremely accomplished, and all you bellyachers are just flat out sad. I have been at this UA and select teams and awards from before BOTC started ten years ago, one thing never fails, exactly what you see here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The post that you are responding to did not mention “Inflated” . It stated that information may be incorrect or inaccurate and that mistakes are made. The post also indicated that many times accolades are left out and that mistakes are made (by the person who writes the bio). At the college level, it is not the “responsibility” of the student athlete or the parent to enter / manage content on the team’s website. Any to your point there are a lot of people who take responsibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe take responsibility for your kid not making the team because she has been outworked by the other kids who have dads who dont make excuses such as coaches taking their players and tell their kids to work harder.

Ha. Your an stunad. Congrats on your connection with YJ. It’s not an excuse that 9 2022’s were picked. I’m sure one of those who inflate their kids bio with some nonsense FLG top player garbage. As stated earlier, in the end the Corrigan team is meaningless. what happens next year in HS and then college matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. Your an stunad. Congrats on your connection with YJ. It’s not an excuse that 9 2022’s were picked. I’m sure one of those who inflate their kids bio with some nonsense FLG top player garbage. As stated earlier, in the end the Corrigan team is meaningless. what happens next year in HS and then college matters.

Actually UA is about as far from meaningless as could be. The sad part is the HS team is completely meaningless. The entire recruiting process goes through travel teams and select teams, period. If you have not figured that out yet, it will be a rude awakening come Sept 1st.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually UA is about as far from meaningless as could be. The sad part is the HS team is completely meaningless. The entire recruiting process goes through travel teams and select teams, period. If you have not figured that out yet, it will be a rude awakening come Sept 1st.

Yes, it's a big deal that your kid has been a varsity starter since birth on a no name school!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wake up. We are talking 2021’s who are mostly committed. Corrigan this year is a meaningless bio filler. Since the 2021’s are now seniors their Sr HS lax season is meaningful. Does that spell it out for you to understand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HS is far from meaningless, the best girls play travel, but HS accolades are still very important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Ha. Your an stunad. Congrats on your connection with YJ. It’s not an excuse that 9 2022’s were picked. I’m sure one of those who inflate their kids bio with some nonsense FLG top player garbage. As stated earlier, in the end the Corrigan team is meaningless. what happens next year in HS and then college matters.”

You are obviously new to competitive sports and it’s even more sad that your 2021 got beat out by a 2022 player and you somehow blame an inflated bio and politics , if your kid was that good they would have picked her . What happens in high school season will have little impact but I can tell you the UA team is the best indicator of how your kid will do in college and obviously not looking good for your kid .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Ha. Your an stunad. Congrats on your connection with YJ. It’s not an excuse that 9 2022’s were picked. I’m sure one of those who inflate their kids bio with some nonsense FLG top player garbage. As stated earlier, in the end the Corrigan team is meaningless. what happens next year in HS and then college matters.”

You are obviously new to competitive sports and it’s even more sad that your 2021 got beat out by a 2022 player and you somehow blame an inflated bio and politics , if your kid was that good they would have picked her . What happens in high school season will have little impact but I can tell you the UA team is the best indicator of how your kid will do in college and obviously not looking good for your kid .

Ha. Ok. Im sure your the lax know it all. No use discussing with a someone who has all the answers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it's a big deal that your kid has been a varsity starter since birth on a no name school![/quote]

Oddly you are 100%, unwittingly, supporting exactly what I am saying. The HS team is completely meaningless! Starter on whatever team, since whenever, only means something maybe at Garden City. But a top club/ top team player who makes all the select team nominations, all the County lists and all the awards, all the other odd lists etc... Now you got something. I will state it again, HS team is completely meaningless, no name school or not, starter for whatever grade, they need to make their mark elsewhere! Often the two go hand in hand, many of those impact players have that same effect across the board- travel. school, select teams, lists etc... I have to say of all the sports, this has to be the one that spawns the most jealousy and parent animonsity of them all. I will also say that the sport has served my kids extremely well, we have gotten a lot more out of it, than what we invested into it. But also sad to say, I can't stand most of the people involved in this, so many haters, so many jealous people. Maybe it is just the nature of people spilling their guts on the internet, but I just do not like the most of you, at least all the complainers, especially after a try-out that does not go your way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it's a big deal that your kid has been a varsity starter since birth on a no name school!

Oddly you are 100%, unwittingly, supporting exactly what I am saying. The HS team is completely meaningless! Starter on whatever team, since whenever, only means something maybe at Garden City. But a top club/ top team player who makes all the select team nominations, all the County lists and all the awards, all the other odd lists etc... Now you got something. I will state it again, HS team is completely meaningless, no name school or not, starter for whatever grade, they need to make their mark elsewhere! Often the two go hand in hand, many of those impact players have that same effect across the board- travel. school, select teams, lists etc... I have to say of all the sports, this has to be the one that spawns the most jealousy and parent animonsity of them all. I will also say that the sport has served my kids extremely well, we have gotten a lot more out of it, than what we invested into it. But also sad to say, I can't stand most of the people involved in this, so many haters, so many jealous people. Maybe it is just the nature of people spilling their guts on the internet, but I just do not like the most of you, at least all the complainers, especially after a try-out that does not go your way![/quote]

The feeling is mutual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only Garden City, you can’t be serious. I have to say you and your kid are in for a rude awakening in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the Covid did not slow down the recruiting for Sept 1st. Heard many girls had a lot of contact and interest from the coaches at the top schools. Such a great time for these kids, enjoy the ride!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ and Jesters get 20 players of the 23 players on the Command team. Nothing to see here. Totally rigged from the start. Both teams are average at best.
Was surprised to see only one girl from TG for sure, but what other team were they overlooking. Seems they picked the best girls from the best teams. YJ has a new combined team with a lot of talent. Jesters has a lot of talent as well. TG seems to be the club whos kids got overlooked. Maybe it just was that these were the best kids of the day?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly the best TG became a Jester. Another of the best TG players is out injured. One other made it. That accounts for 3 of previous TG teams best 5 players. Perhaps the other 2 didn’t go, got overlooked, didn’t show enough at the tryout or got shafted, perhaps not. Really not many TG even there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oddly you are 100%, unwittingly, supporting exactly what I am saying. The HS team is completely meaningless! Starter on whatever team, since whenever, only means something maybe at Garden City. But a top club/ top team player who makes all the select team nominations, all the County lists and all the awards, all the other odd lists etc... Now you got something. I will state it again, HS team is completely meaningless, no name school or not, starter for whatever grade, they need to make their mark elsewhere! Often the two go hand in hand, many of those impact players have that same effect across the board- travel. school, select teams, lists etc... I have to say of all the sports, this has to be the one that spawns the most jealousy and parent animonsity of them all. I will also say that the sport has served my kids extremely well, we have gotten a lot more out of it, than what we invested into it. But also sad to say, I can't stand most of the people involved in this, so many haters, so many jealous people. Maybe it is just the nature of people spilling their guts on the internet, but I just do not like the most of you, at least all the complainers, especially after a try-out that does not go your way![/quote]

Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Possibly the best TG became a Jester. Another of the best TG players is out injured. One other made it. That accounts for 3 of previous TG teams best 5 players. Perhaps the other 2 didn’t go, got overlooked, didn’t show enough at the tryout or got shafted, perhaps not. Really not many TG even there.

Maybe not the best TG girl left but she is definitely now the best Jesters girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
September 1 has come and gone, the college coaches have started to reach out and the process has begun. This process will tell you just where your daughter stands in relation to her peers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe was not the top scorer for TG. But hands down best all around player on that team. I am a TG parent and she will be missed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe take responsibility for your kid not making the team because she has been outworked by the other kids who have dads who dont make excuses such as coaches taking their players and tell their kids to work harder.[/quote]

Outworked? Nope. If you play for certain teams you have an advantage. That’s how it is here. It’s not the girls issue it’s the adults they need follow the rules and let the impartial chips fall where they may if it was done that way I doubt most people would have an issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outworked? Nope. If you play for certain teams you have an advantage. That’s how it is here. It’s not the girls issue it’s the adults they need follow the rules and let the impartial chips fall where they may if it was done that way I doubt most people would have an issue[/quote]

Agreed, Legacy just came off of a win over Jesters. Only one Legacy girl taken and there were five Jester players that made the team. What a joke this tryout was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outworked? Nope. If you play for certain teams you have an advantage. That’s how it is here. It’s not the girls issue it’s the adults they need follow the rules and let the impartial chips fall where they may if it was done that way I doubt most people would have an issue

Agreed, Legacy just came off of a win over Jesters. Only one Legacy girl taken and there were five Jester players that made the team. What a joke this tryout was.[/quote]

They took legacy’s top player, pretty sure they took her last year as well. Maybe shes the only one who fit what they were looking for at the time. They chose the best of what was there that day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, Legacy just came off of a win over Jesters. Only one Legacy girl taken and there were five Jester players that made the team. What a joke this tryout was.

If you want a fair and impartial tryout you cannot have club coaches as evaluators. YJ and Jesters coaches were evaluating players and the results speak for themselves.
YJ - 15 players selected, Jesters 5 players. Legacy just beat Jesters and only have one girl make it. Corrigan has lost any credibility they may have had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want a fair and impartial tryout you cannot have club coaches as evaluators. YJ and Jesters coaches were evaluating players and the results speak for themselves.
YJ - 15 players selected, Jesters 5 players. Legacy just beat Jesters and only have one girl make it. Corrigan has lost any credibility they may have had.

Yes, process stinks, and needs to be re-evaluated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We didn't bother going to UA because we felt this year is just a $$$ scam. I'm sure plenty of people felt that way and this year UA is mostly meaningless. Not putting down the girls who made it, congrats to them. All I'm saying is there wasn't a full representation of LI talent at the tryouts and next year will be different (except the politics, that will remain).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
160 girls at the tryouts. what’s a full representation???
politics never cease to amaze me but i heard of most of the girls who made it. Sure a few snubs but mostly got the top 10 kids in 2023.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one girl from Legacy made it because shes the only stand out. Its always been that way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Goalie real good but not there. Others just outside the cusp. As a team they are better. YJ individuals much better but team has not played to expectations. They got the right girls for this event of top players who were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Maybe take responsibility for your kid not making the team because she has been outworked by the other kids who have dads who dont make excuses such as coaches taking their players and tell their kids to work harder.

Only one girl from Legacy made it because shes the only stand out. Its always been that way

Impressive that Legacy with 1 stand out was able to beat the Jesters by 3 goals. Jesters have 5 UA stand outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Maybe take responsibility for your kid not making the team because she has been outworked by the other kids who have dads who dont make excuses such as coaches taking their players and tell their kids to work harder.

Impressive that Legacy with 1 stand out was able to beat the Jesters by 3 goals. Jesters have 5 UA stand outs.

5 UA standouts according to their coach who did evaluation. Joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That Legacy player is "legit"!. I saw her take a stick to the head (Dirty play off ball) from a Jesters player behind the officials back. I heard the crack of the stick from the sideline. She got up, no coach or trainer attended, brushed herself off and continued to dominate that game in all fashions. She is much deserved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true in all reality many of those girls would have made it either way... but for the girls sake make it impartial. Corrigan took the glory out of it for those poor girls its a sham....you can't have your dad or your own coach be the evaluator no matter how good you are it will always look bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you’re beating a dead horse.. the results are in, corrigan doesn’t care, he gets to call this group “LI All Americans” they get to play in the regional event and probably the finals. They get to put Command Team player on their resume, the finals will be shown live online and college coaches will watch. There is always next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much jealousy!
Why can’t you just let the girl’s who made it have their day, they earned it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 156 of 214 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard