BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
Re: Boys 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
-Free Tryouts For 2027 team only

-2020/2021 SEASON — FREE BOYS EVALUATIONS. Thursday August 27th, 2020 at 530pm - 7pm. Location: PAL Complex

-ISLAND SURGE BOYS LACROSSE CLUB

-For Registration and more Information email us at islandsurgelacrosseclub.com

Just looked it up $1500 and get a Ton of stuff , 6 tourneys.

very shady.. there's no address on the one page website, and its a half picture of a flyer. No thanks!

Full website . Free tryout 2027 only team why not , that sachem town team beats Clubs B,C club teams all the time .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats up with all these back to school camps ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-2020/2021 SEASON — FREE BOYS EVALUATIONS. Thursday August 27th, 2020 at 530pm - 7pm. Location: PAL Complex

very shady.. there's no address on the one page website, and its a half picture of a flyer. No thanks!

Full website . Free tryout 2027 only team why not , that sachem town team beats Clubs B,C club teams all the time .

*Town team beat B,C clubs .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the time? They don't even win the PAL season the last few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats up with all these back to school camps ?

Make money money money , Make money moneyyyyyy !!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's clearly a money grab ....tryouts are over ...take a break from lacrosse and pick it back up in September instead of going to one of these money grab camps where they advertise "come train with the best and you'll get better " lol. Give me a break . Also....just an FYI...one of the bigger clubs was surprised at the exodus after tryouts so also using these camps as a supplemental tryout without the embarrassement of calling it a supplemental tryout .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I'm hearing, it sounds like a bunch of parents got tired of bowing down to the long haired greaseball of 91 and have left. Some going to Express and some going to Legacy or S2S ... what are the total losses?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the same thing ....at least 10 kids (that I know of ) from the beloved machine and rage . Has to be a real blow to the ego of BS. People finally woke up. No more daddy ball and massapequa ball to worry about , good for those who left , good players that will now make other teams better .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the same thing ....at least 10 kids (that I know of ) from the beloved machine and rage . Has to be a real blow to the ego of BS. People finally woke up. No more daddy ball and massapequa ball to worry about , good for those who left , good players that will now make other teams better .

Probably. Times are a changing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha yeah ok go to express ? The director who took out a payment in May and a 36 kid roster at a tournament? How fast people forgot . Covid not over yet have fun paying 4k and getting jerked around .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like 91 were the ones that got jerked around last tournament of the season in Connecticut haha. Good move by all the kids who are finally leaving , have fun with daddy ball and massapequa ball .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like 91 were the ones that got jerked around last tournament of the season in Connecticut haha. Good move by all the kids who are finally leaving , have fun with daddy ball and massapequa ball .

Explain i would like to know . Ty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone have any further information on this ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard Island Surge 2027 Boys are moving their Tryouts to an indoor facility tonight because of the weather.

LI Indoor Facility located at 101 Union Ave, Ronkonkoma, NY. Time: 530pm - 7pm

Its on the website. www.islandsurgelacrosseclub.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone have any further information on this ?

******** Moved to Indoor due to Rain ***********

Come for a free Tryout Tonight !!!

Due to the storm rolling in later today we decided to go indoors for tryouts.

LOCATION and TIME CHANGE
Place: Long island indoor sports located on Union ave. Ronkonkkma.
Time: 5 - 630pm

www.islandsurgelacrosseclub.com

Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island Surge correct time of tryout is 5pm -630pm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" In your scene then every A team should just play up. no team should be allow to play up..."

No. At every age group from '19's on down there are probably 2-3 LI teams that are head and shoulders better than their on age competition-usually from the 91 or LIE programs that beat ALL their local competition and 50% of the competition at least a grade up, so I understand them playing up rather than get paired vs. a mediocre on age team and winning 15-2 at a local tournament because for the most part, the MD teams don't come up to LI for tournaments.

Most A teams can prob play up a year and beat most B and C teams. what does that prove. Those teams clearly aren't as skilled and are still learning which is why they are on those teams. I guess the only good thing about them trying to play against 2026 A team is the 2026 teams get a chance to play all there players for a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank god the tryouts are over so the SURGE ads and marketing will go away. Just one more post about all the talent that showed up (but still slots available), then please go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats 91, express , s2s , igloo , rebels , legacy tuition for 2021 season ? ABC team 3k plus ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats 91, express , s2s , igloo , rebels , legacy tuition for 2021 season ? ABC team 3k plus ?
Are the Rebels the only team that posts their tuition up front?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try close to 3,500/4k with .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try close to 3,500/4k with .

Its Funny, touchy subject to alot of you about tuition cost but if i said your team is horrible be 5 pages long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't think we would have as many kids leave the Turtles as we did? I know one parent complained about the coaching but he has something to say about everything, even our kids on the town team. Good riddance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many lacrosse organizations (if any) do the goalies get to play for free or at a discounted rate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non that I have heard of...
(at least with the bigger clubs on Long Island)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many lacrosse organizations (if any) do the goalies get to play for free or at a discounted rate?

Some of the smaller clubs definitely do. You have to negotiate just like anything else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is a 25-27 Roster size pretty typical for this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is a 25-27 Roster size pretty typical for this age group?

May I rephrase the question?

Will the clubs make money if they blow up their roster sizes past the traditional 21/22 or so?

Question answered

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there are still some above average kids still not committed ?? I see a few teams are still having tryouts. I know tonight the Hitmen 2027 is still looking. I am trying to get my son on a good team and I am headed to that tryout tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A roster of 25-27 is way too big. Many kids will not see the field ever or very limited. A team that big will have alot of backups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A roster of 25-27 is way too big. Many kids will not see the field ever or very limited. A team that big will have alot of backups.

Can see that and learned several have done same. Wasn't expecting such a jump but not surprised. Only a year commitment. Will see how year plays out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hitmen 2027 team tryout last night was really good. They are in need of a Goalie, but the B team is pretty good. It's going to be a fun season. I was told they will still be holding tryouts for another week or so. They have a small team right now, so I know they are still looking and they are at a good price as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can see that and learned several have done same. Wasn't expecting such a jump but not surprised. Only a year commitment. Will see how year plays out.
Roster size by itself isn't indicative of the full picture. 25 is a good max though but it also depends on the makeup of the roster. You may have 27 kids on the sideline, but what is there participation? Are 3-4 guys there as practice/development players? Are they getting equal time? If every position is fully stacked and balanced than a team of 25 isn't too much and still leaves plenty of PT for everyone AND let's players rest over the course of a 4,5, 6+ game tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster size by itself isn't indicative of the full picture. 25 is a good max though but it also depends on the makeup of the roster. You may have 27 kids on the sideline, but what is there participation? Are 3-4 guys there as practice/development players? Are they getting equal time? If every position is fully stacked and balanced than a team of 25 isn't too much and still leaves plenty of PT for everyone AND let's players rest over the course of a 4,5, 6+ game tournament.

Your math isn't very good. 25 on a team means about 10 minutes a game for middies at this age level. Or it means 15 minutes for the good middies and about 1 shift a half or less for the end of the bench. Same goes for attack and D. About 10 minutes of real play time for each player for kid or 20 minutes for the top 3 and about 5 minutes for the last 3. I hardly call that enough PT for everyone at these prices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That wasn’t E3, maybe East Coast elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't think we would have as many kids leave the Turtles as we did? I know one parent complained about the coaching but he has something to say about everything, even our kids on the town team. Good riddance!

I heard that guy saying he took all of the best players. Where did they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hit men B team? What is this world coming to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any of these online training/lacrosse sites that folks are seeing results from? Thanks in advance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said, the makeup of that 25 is what matters, not that it tops out at 25. I preface this with this is one IDEAL of a roster. It will not always be this and this is my opinion based on years of building club rosters....

5 Attack (X, crease, lefty and righty, with some combo of those. At least 2 lefties and 2 righties + Crease or X guy)
2 Goalies - whether they split or starter/backup you will always need 2
7 offensive middies. 2 full solid lines, plus 1 fill in (especially true if one of those is also a FO guy high scoring games, he WILL need a break)
3-4 SSDMs (this is a spot for lesser skilled O mids, but still good athletes. Also Ideal for FO Unit work - guys that can get your a GB and get it to your O - If you want to reduce roster size, this is a place to do it, but it will gas your mids if you are only running with 6-7 mids)
1-2 FO guys (flexibility here if you have a mid that also FO but solid, TRUE FOGOs rest your mids
2 LSMs
5 Defensemen

That's about 25, give or take depending on the makeup of talent and skills of your players.

You also have to assume some of the following:
- 10-15% of your roster will be unavailable for one reason or another either full tourney, game-to-game or even in-game. That's 3-4 not available at any given time so you are really at 21
- you are playing 3-5 games a day/weekend at 50 minutes a pop that is plenty of playing time for all.
- you should have 2 solid middie lines that basically split time.
- the attack or defenseman who aren't in should be ready to ball on man-up or man-down. The D especially. Always nice to have fresh legs to go on man down.
- this also gives you maximum matchup flexibility based on opponents/game outcomes.
- this allows at least one player at each position to be a "developmental" player. A guy who isn't quite there yet, but will be soon.
- One MAJOR thing left out: Practice: it is very hard to get everything done in practice when the roster is small to begin with and not everyone is there.

Your math isn't very good. 25 on a team means about 10 minutes a game for middies at this age level. Or it means 15 minutes for the good middies and about 1 shift a half or less for the end of the bench. Same goes for attack and D. About 10 minutes of real play time for each player for kid or 20 minutes for the top 3 and about 5 minutes for the last 3. I hardly call that enough PT for everyone at these prices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said, the makeup of that 25 is what matters, not that it tops out at 25. I preface this with this is one IDEAL of a roster. It will not always be this and this is my opinion based on years of building club rosters....

5 Attack (X, crease, lefty and righty, with some combo of those. At least 2 lefties and 2 righties + Crease or X guy)
2 Goalies - whether they split or starter/backup you will always need 2
7 offensive middies. 2 full solid lines, plus 1 fill in (especially true if one of those is also a FO guy high scoring games, he WILL need a break)
3-4 SSDMs (this is a spot for lesser skilled O mids, but still good athletes. Also Ideal for FO Unit work - guys that can get your a GB and get it to your O - If you want to reduce roster size, this is a place to do it, but it will gas your mids if you are only running with 6-7 mids)
1-2 FO guys (flexibility here if you have a mid that also FO but solid, TRUE FOGOs rest your mids
2 LSMs
5 Defensemen

That's about 25, give or take depending on the makeup of talent and skills of your players.

You also have to assume some of the following:
- 10-15% of your roster will be unavailable for one reason or another either full tourney, game-to-game or even in-game. That's 3-4 not available at any given time so you are really at 21
- you are playing 3-5 games a day/weekend at 50 minutes a pop that is plenty of playing time for all.
- you should have 2 solid middie lines that basically split time.
- the attack or defenseman who aren't in should be ready to ball on man-up or man-down. The D especially. Always nice to have fresh legs to go on man down.
- this also gives you maximum matchup flexibility based on opponents/game outcomes.
- this allows at least one player at each position to be a "developmental" player. A guy who isn't quite there yet, but will be soon.
- One MAJOR thing left out: Practice: it is very hard to get everything done in practice when the roster is small to begin with and not everyone is there.

I don't dispute this especially for College teams and most HS teams. However I have varying confidence that the average travel coach can balance a roster like that even if you had those role players filling in those spots.

Right now I think many cannot plus I see teams use a LSM who really is just a defenseman who doesn't run well and they would be better served with a fast athletic middie with a short stick if that is who you plan to use. Also I observe teams with a true fogo but the kid is a liability on offense but stays on the field way too long. So again not being argumentative because you are correct but I am not sure with a select bunch of 11 years olds

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard