BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is accurate.
Middie playing NL 2023.
Two poles and attack to NL 2024.
Couple other players to Express and NL

Thank you for validating. This means '24 Madlax days of dominating are a thing of the past. Next question, is NL the new top dog?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that like 10 kids left Madlax including some big time starters?

Saw several of them playing for the '25 team at NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is accurate.
Middie playing NL 2023.

It does look to be true. Just found the NL Rosters, and if you compare them to the roster on the Madlax 2024 website, you can see the kids that left Madlax for NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is accurate.
Middie playing NL 2023.

Thank you for validating. This means '24 Madlax days of dominating are a thing of the past. Next question, is NL the new top dog?

Don't know if NL will be the new top dog, but they are a classy program with great coaching that is definitely trending in the right direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did these players leave one of the best teams in the country? I know these players. It’s not over playing time?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did these players leave one of the best teams in the country? I know these players. It’s not over playing time?
I dont know about Madlax but for our team that saw similar changes after tryouts are done and teams set, HS is a big change up. Players start jockeying for positioning for their HS coaches who are likely affiliated with clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know about Madlax but for our team that saw similar changes after tryouts are done and teams set, HS is a big change up. Players start jockeying for positioning for their HS coaches who are likely affiliated with clubs.

Bingo, It is all about the HS Coach now.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Such a ridiculous conflict of interest. It shouldn't matter where a kid plays club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its about money,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Such a ridiculous conflict of interest. It shouldn't matter where a kid plays club.

In theory, yes, it is a conflict of interest. But the HS coach wants more time coaching his HS players. Perhaps the players want the same thing. Particularly at private schools, the better the team the more recruiting interest there will be for players on that team. Maybe both sides think it's in their best interest.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, but, for better or worse, it does get a kid more playing time in front of their high school coach. While it seems much more prevalent in MD with the clubs being so intertwined with the private high schools, it happens everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is accurate.
Middie playing NL 2023.

Don't know if NL will be the new top dog, but they are a classy program with great coaching that is definitely trending in the right direction.

I can't see how NL 2024 are not the top dogs at least on paper (but they have to play). They were decently strong and feared in the summer, and with their additions (not just from Madlax), they are going to be very hard to beat.
Fall is going to be interesting...... Since there is no Football, there should be no excuses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I know of the NL coaches, they do not care where you go to school. A parent may think its better for their kid to play where their HS coach coaches in the evenings, but that's just the parents. I don't thinks that the boys we are talking about needed to more to gain favor, these are some of the most highly recruited boys, who may have just been tired of playing for a certain coach. So going into HS they may have decided to switch to play with other friends who are also Top of the list players and with good coaches that don't play their son, before everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I know of the NL coaches, they do not care where you go to school. A parent may think its better for their kid to play where their HS coach coaches in the evenings, but that's just the parents. I don't thinks that the boys we are talking about needed to more to gain favor, these are some of the most highly recruited boys, who may have just been tired of playing for a certain coach. So going into HS they may have decided to switch to play with other friends who are also Top of the list players and with good coaches that don't play their son, before everyone else.

While NL may not care where you play, it's clear that they are trying to get cozy with SJC with that Next Level Cadets team that is mostly '22s but has a few younger kids, including the former ML '24 attack that played NHSLS for SJC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While NL may not care where you play, it's clear that they are trying to get cozy with SJC with that Next Level Cadets team that is mostly '22s but has a few younger kids, including the former ML '24 attack that played NHSLS for SJC.

I was not sure what that NL Cadets team was as yes it is all NL boys that go to SJC . But I will point out that NL coaches include Head coaches from at least 3 HS in the DC Metro area and but here we are making a point on the Assistant coach from SJC. There might be some accuracy in what you are saying, but over all, I think that NL got another very good young coach who has no family affiliation, that likes coaching the boys regardless of their school affiliation. And they put him to coach a team that based on the summer has A LOT of potential.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why get cozy with SJC? All the talent goes to Prep, Gonzaga and Landon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that most of the non-Landon kids on Madlax 2024 already had one foot out the door when one of the Landon kids did something truly awful first at school and then at one of the Madlax events. Very sad and disturbing story, if true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that most of the non-Landon kids on Madlax 2024 already had one foot out the door when one of the Landon kids did something truly awful first at school and then at one of the Madlax events. Very sad and disturbing story, if true.
You can't lead with that and not tell the story without naming names. Common.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah. The kids left because the Head Coach plays his kids over better players. Oh, and he is crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah. The kids left because the Head Coach plays his kids over better players. Oh, and he is crazy.

The original post is the reason. According to people affiliated with the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well that's normal in all dad coached teams. No big revelation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The original post is the reason. According to people affiliated with the situation.

That is certainly titillating

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's also super vague so not really

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's also super vague so not really

What’s in the box?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous....clearly this persons posting a bunch of BS. No one, and I mean no one, has been in school since February so I hardly doubt anything happened at any school much less at Landon. heck, those same players could of left before the summer season even started if they really wanted to. Pretty obvious the SJC coach did some phone calls behind the scenes to recruit the same players he was after for high school. Looks like a good way for a high school to get black balled by a club team. Should be interesting to see how things pan out next year for ML. At least it will make things a little more fair considering that teams dominance over the last 4-5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why is the kid still on the team? Or still going to Landon? Guessing C.A.S.E camp needs some improvement....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous....clearly this persons posting a bunch of BS. No one, and I mean no one, has been in school since February so I hardly doubt anything happened at any school much less at Landon. heck, those same players could of left before the summer season even started if they really wanted to. Pretty obvious the SJC coach did some phone calls behind the scenes to recruit the same players he was after for high school. Looks like a good way for a high school to get black balled by a club team. Should be interesting to see how things pan out next year for ML. At least it will make things a little more fair considering that teams dominance over the last 4-5 years.

The big middie who left for next level goes to Bullis. The defenseman who laughed for next level goes to Georgetown prep. The midfielder who left for next level goes to Gonzaga. And attack men and a defenseman who go to St. John’s left for next level.
What does the St. John’s coach have to do with these kids RUNNING away from the crazy coach?
Talk about self deception. Look in the mirror.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you want to be teammates with a kid who attacked a black kid and then publicly humiliated him by pretending to whip him like a slave -- and that regularly drops the N word -- or be associated with a school or team that tolerates that type of behavior?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The big middie who left for next level goes to Bullis. The defenseman who laughed for next level goes to Georgetown prep. The midfielder who left for next level goes to Gonzaga. And attack men and a defenseman who go to St. John’s left for next level.
What does the St. John’s coach have to do with these kids RUNNING away from the crazy coach?

At the end of the day, the incident at Landon happened, and it happened again in the summer. And like the previous person said, 3 of 5 defections don't go to SJC so I think we can agree that this is not a case of HS coach pooling their player to a team.
Believe what you want but the Landon story is true and is probably why the defected. That many starter players from the top team don't suddenly leave the team without a significant reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous....clearly this persons posting a bunch of BS. No one, and I mean no one, has been in school since February so I hardly doubt anything happened at any school much less at Landon. heck, those same players could of left before the summer season even started if they really wanted to. Pretty obvious the SJC coach did some phone calls behind the scenes to recruit the same players he was after for high school. Looks like a good way for a high school to get black balled by a club team. Should be interesting to see how things pan out next year for ML. At least it Kingsview Middle School. will make things a little more fair considering that teams dominance over the last 4-5 years.

At the end of the day, the incident at Landon happened, and it happened again in the summer. And like the previous person said, 3 of 5 defections don't go to SJC so I think we can agree that this is not a case of HS coach pooling their player to a team.
Believe what you want but the Landon story is true and is probably why the defected. That many starter players from the top team don't suddenly leave the team without a significant reason.

Which Madlax/ Landon kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you want to be teammates with a kid who attacked a black kid and then publicly humiliated him by pretending to whip him like a slave -- and that regularly drops the N word -- or be associated with a school or team that tolerates that type of behavior?
that is terrible - a stain on the team and the school if it hasn't been corrected. Parent of the offending kid should be mortified yet that behavior and attitude had to come somewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous....clearly this persons posting a bunch of BS. No one, and I mean no one, has been in school since February so I hardly doubt anything happened at any school much less at Landon. heck, those same players could of left before the summer season even started if they really wanted to. Pretty obvious the SJC coach did some phone calls behind the scenes to recruit the same players he was after for high school. Looks like a good way for a high school to get black balled by a club team. Should be interesting to see how things pan out next year for ML. At least it Kingsview Middle School. will make things a little more fair considering that teams dominance over the last 4-5 years.

Which Madlax/ Landon kid?
The white one. Oh, right, that's all of the Madlax Landon kids, and the entire team this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, the big middie went to next level 2023 to play with his bullis buddies and to prepare for high school. The defenseman who left goes to SJC and the attackman that left go to SJC...so the SJC has everything to do with it you stunad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well.....I’d love to hear about the this “Landon incident” because this is the first I’m hearing of it. I don’t believe a word of that story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So clearly a bunch of bs if you can’t say a name or number to go with the accusation. Just another attempt to knock of the big dog. It’s all good, we’re use to it. It’s been going on for many years now and still no truth to any of the accusations. And if it is true, that’s terrible and I’m pretty sure the parents and the kids on the team would be well aware of this and it seems everyone’s hearing about it for the first time on the great resource of BOTC. What a joke....everyone knows why the boys that left did so and it had zero to do with any racial bs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to clarify, no middie from Gonzaga that plays madlax went to Next Level...looks like we probably have some uneducated teens on the BOTC who can’t spell. Young man, its “left” madlax not “laughed.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabel is a lost

Like Reply Quote
A