BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 72 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most BBL teams do have two teams, including 2024. This does not include BBL North which could also one or two additional teams per age group. So that is about 40-45 kids. The numbers for 2026 appear to be much higher but who knows how many of those are actually interested in playing for BBL team as opposed to just sampling other tryout opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No skin in the game here but doesn’t 2024 BBL have two teams already. That would have be close to 50 kids just between them. Please correct me if I’m mistaken I’m not like these other people on here who get all crazy.

P.
They currently have two teams: Black and Helix

At the 2026 level, they could put out three teams and still have cuts. Lot of talent at the tryout. Black and Helix were both good at the 2026 level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the invitations to the BBL players who completed try outs yesterday expect to be sent out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL rising HS freshmen Black team callback tryout tomorrow. This is the same team that put NJ lacrosse on the map at World Series. If you want to see what a hotly contested tryout looks like, bring a lawn chair.

I'll bring the lawnchairs if you bring the lube! I can't quit you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No skin in the game here but doesn’t 2024 BBL have two teams already. That would have be close to 50 kids just between them. Please correct me if I’m mistaken I’m not like these other people on here who get all crazy.

P.
They currently have two teams: Black and Helix

At the 2026 level, they could put out three teams and still have cuts. Lot of talent at the tryout. Black and Helix were both good at the 2026 level.
Making another WSYL run. awesome experience if you get to go.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL rising HS freshmen Black team callback tryout tomorrow. This is the same team that put NJ lacrosse on the map at World Series. If you want to see what a hotly contested tryout looks like, bring a lawn chair.

I'll bring the lawnchairs if you bring the lube! I can't quit you!

Post of the year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard 50 kids at bbl tryout for 2 teams. I guess we will see how it goes.

It appeared to be closer to 60 kids. 7 goalies trying out, 15 defenders or LSM, 15 attackmen, 20 middies, and at least 4 FOGOs.

I also heard BBL is making investments to improve their HS college recruitment program. When this happens, Leading Edge will lose its edge in this area. No pun intended.
Have BBL and LE played each other in the past few years at the high school level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could you still have cuts at 2026 level if 60 kids at a tryout? That being said I would go to bbl over LE at youth level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait teams bring in players to qualify for wsyl??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could you still have cuts at 2026 level if 60 kids at a tryout? That being said I would go to bbl over LE at youth level.

60 you need cuts. Not enough for 3 teams unless everyone is saying accepts a spot. Plus still have too many at some positions for even 3 teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard 50 kids at bbl tryout for 2 teams. I guess we will see how it goes.

It appeared to be closer to 60 kids. 7 goalies trying out, 15 defenders or LSM, 15 attackmen, 20 middies, and at least 4 FOGOs.

I also heard BBL is making investments to improve their HS college recruitment program. When this happens, Leading Edge will lose its edge in this area. No pun intended.
Have BBL and LE played each other in the past few years at the high school level?

LE has had the upper hand at the HS level for a while. BBL at the youth level. BBL making a push

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard kids leaving for LE and towermen.
But who knows. Bbl black 2026 top on that age group.

I also heard that bbl is creating 3 teams. Is that correct?

Why dilute your product for 3 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$3000 for 20 kids = $60,000. That is why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they do. Players who have been with the club for years will get pushed out solely for the purposes for the WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they do. Players who have been with the club for years will get pushed out solely for the purposes for the WSYL.

How is Tribal transition going ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going well so far. Looking forward to being the class of New Jersey next summer. These BBL vs LE debates will be a ancient history shortly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How wou

Going well so far. Looking forward to being the class of New Jersey next summer. These BBL vs LE debates will be a ancient history shortly.

Is Express bringing in more players or is it just simply Tribal kids in new uniforms. If the later, how would that change would is the class of NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has posted tryout results for all teams but 2024 and 2026. Anyone know what the deal is with those two teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had a later tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has posted tryout results for all teams but 2024 and 2026. Anyone know what the deal is with those two teams?
lost alot of players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they add a lot of new on helx and black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What numbers are for the “new” players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 new on Helix and 5 on black!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And got some solid players from LE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Nationals - NJ 44 Games were great to watch yesterday. NJ has some talent that is spread accross a number of differnt clubs. It was fun to see some of the top players in the state play together. Would love to see more events like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Nationals - NJ 44 Games were great to watch yesterday. NJ has some talent that is spread accross a number of differnt clubs. It was fun to see some of the top players in the state play together. Would love to see more events like this.

Not sure that a whole lot of clubs were represented...don't let the helmets fool you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On NJ clubs I wish there was a way to review clubs, coaches etc. we are the consumers and while a business there are also kids involved.

I feel like there needs to be more accountability with theses clubs. And colleges should care about how some top clubs treat their players and families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On NJ clubs I wish there was a way to review clubs, coaches etc. we are the consumers and while a business there are also kids involved.

I feel like there needs to be more accountability with theses clubs. And colleges should care about how some top clubs treat their players and families.

I do not disagree, but definitely wishful thinking. I guess that the plus side is that we, as the consumers, have the option to switch clubs if we are not satisfied - not the best option when you have invested a lot of money, but at least it is in option. Think about the days when club sports were not as common, your kids future could be easily derailed by a high school coach who just didn't like your kid, in that case the only option would be to leave the school, if that was even an option financially.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel like there needs to be more accountability with theses clubs. And colleges should care about how some the top clubs treat their players and families.

"And colleges should care about how some top clubs treat their players and families."

You are asking colleges to care about how programs treat their players. They could care less. No matter what level of college and no matter the sport, college coaches routinely use and discard players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an NLF answer to the Under Armor the LE kids were told not to try out for UA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure that a whole lot of clubs were represented...don't let the helmets fool you

The email said to wear the HS helmet, which helped the visual when most of the kids on the field were LE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an NLF answer to the Under Armor the LE kids were told not to try out for UA.

What's the reasoning behind this? And what happens to a player who disobeys that order?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the LE coaches were no longer affiliated with UA team. So instead of having a UA team loaded with LE players, which other clubs complained about for years, the other clubs finally got on the coaching staff and did the same thing. Some of the better players in the state did not even go to the tryout because of the politics, and those that did, who are not on the favored clubs, were sent packing, less $250. Unfortunately, despite all the promises of getting exposure to college coaches, UA switched the format so that teams have to get past a qualifier to play in the main event. NJ has to play PA and CT to get through the qualifier, good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Mad Dog have a 2026 team anymore? Is it a NJ team or a regional team? cant seem to find much Mad Dog 2026 on tourney machine?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone every heard of the National Lacrosse Union tournaments? Mad Dog National keeps telling families how great these NLU tournaments are....I have never heard of them and dont see them on tourney machine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While All Star Games are relative because they don't practice together, the National All Star Games should be an interesting tournament. It's heavy NLF based so expect lots of Crabs, Express, Team 91 affiliated kids to be part of it. They split up NY into 3 teams so that helps level it a bit. I'd put NJ in middle of the pack in 21, upper middle 22, lower middle in 23 based on results this this for LE which will dominate the rosters. It looks like they are going all out with helmets, uniforms, etc to make a big splash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The email said to wear the HS helmet, which helped the visual when most of the kids on the field were LE.

Some thought that it was to hide the fact that it was mostly LE players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Mad Dog have a 2026 team? I know they had tryouts but unclear if they will have a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Mad Dog have a 2026 team? I know they had tryouts but unclear if they will have a team?
The top kids left, United and Leading Edge. They have a dad coaching, he is a very good guy. If you interested in a local team they would be a good fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I am a dreamer but there has got to be a better way. After having a “top” club not treat a youth team well during covid I am at a loss.

I think you can be competitive and can at the sane time. I wish there was a platform where clubs were rated. I have never run a lax team but o have run a team at a major super successful company. And we had heart,

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 72 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard