BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What tournaments will Madlax be this summer?
They haven't updated their schedule yet but from their marketeering they confirmed East Coast Showcase is a go for early July in Leesburg.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a deep breath. None of this has been resolved. The NCAA hasn’t officially said what will be done.

However, in Maryland 2023 won’t be able to reclass since they already started HS.

The NCAA has stated they will grant an extra year of eligibility. However, the details and impact are far from settled. Not true that 2023 players in MD can't reclass. They will you wait and see. The rules only impact years of eligibility. However, they can move to a school like Culver or IMG for a fifth season. This summer kids will show up at 2024 recruiting events that played HS. Most IAC/MIAA kids did not play Varsity so they can do this.

I hope they dont let 2023 do another year. It wouldnt be fair to the players that already reclassed.
That is hilarious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a deep breath. None of this has been resolved. The NCAA hasn’t officially said what will be done.

However, in Maryland 2023 won’t be able to reclass since they already started HS.

The NCAA has stated they will grant an extra year of eligibility. However, the details and impact are far from settled. Not true that 2023 players in MD can't reclass. They will you wait and see. The rules only impact years of eligibility. However, they can move to a school like Culver or IMG for a fifth season. This summer kids will show up at 2024 recruiting events that played HS. Most IAC/MIAA kids did not play Varsity so they can do this.

I hope they dont let 2023 do another year. It wouldnt be fair to the players that already reclassed.

Ahhhh, the reclass convo now in the Boys 2024 Grads mid atlantic region forum. woo hoo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments will Madlax be this summer?
They haven't updated their schedule yet but from their marketeering they confirmed East Coast Showcase is a go for early July in Leesburg.
2024 Capital
July 9, 2020 East Coast Invitational Local - TBA
July 14, 2020 Summer Showdown Kirkwood Sports Complex, DE
July 20, 21 or 22, 2020 NLF Play Day Kirkwood Sports Complex, DE
July 25, 26, 27 or 28, 2020 North American Lacrosse Kirkwood Sports Complex, DE
Aug 1-2, 2020 ADRN Platinum Cup Delaware Turf
By Invite:
July 8, 2020 East Coast Showcase - Register on Own Here
Aug 3-5, 2020 Naptown National Challenge - National Team Annapolis Area - TB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that 2024 Team 91 MD went 1-2 earlier this week in a Millon tournament and were beaten by 2024 Madlax and Next Level 2024. I went to the tourney site and it was not updated with final score of the next level game (which makes me believe they were really beaten).

I thought that 91 was supposed to be the/a top team in the area, and with the refs knowing that its Millon's team, I am assuming Next Level outplayed them. Is Next Level that good or was Millon not on the sideline?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it appears youth lacrosse is over prematurely for this class. A best case 8 week hiatus makes summer tournaments still a possibility, but even that seems unlikely with county run facilities likely staying closed into the summer.

More realistic goal may be that things get back to normal by the time these boys head to high school in the fall.

Any of the HS's making more inroads with the top players in this class than others?
I think you will see many 2023's re-class to 2024's. The loss of a season and adding and extra year for current college players creates a log jam for the '23 recruiting class. They lost a HS season. Of course this will be at private schools. Not an issue with public schools kids.

The reclass/holdback thing is going strong this year. As usual, the 2024 8th to 9th grade reclass is the largest. But the 2023 who missed out on 9th grade lacrosse will not be far behind..This year many players 2021 , 22, are on their way to be heldback if they can . 2020 are PGing if they can. Multiple reasons...Crazy times.

Of course many have already done the reclass/prefirst thing. I actually heard one holdback parent saying it isnt fair what college is doing for players with an extra year, LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that 2024 Team 91 MD went 1-2 earlier this week in a Millon tournament and were beaten by 2024 Madlax and Next Level 2024. I went to the tourney site and it was not updated with final score of the next level game (which makes me believe they were really beaten).

I thought that 91 was supposed to be the/a top team in the area, and with the refs knowing that its Millon's team, I am assuming Next Level outplayed them. Is Next Level that good or was Millon not on the sideline?

This summer's games mean nothing. To see any team gloating over a win, or bashing another team for a loss is silly. Some teams have been having full contact practices for months. Other teams are going into tournaments cold. Some teams are showing up with full rosters plus guest players. Other teams are playing with half a deck. With all the last minute changes to tournament schedules, kids have conflicts, and other kids are justifiably unwilling or unable to travel. The team that shows up one week may be completely different from the team that shows up the following week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next level won on a last second goal. Having said that, Team 91 MD got beat up this week at NLF by two teams they wouldn’t normally lose to. That makes 4 straight losses for them. Not sure who is and isn’t showing up for their team but clearly their in a little slump or mental funk right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next level won on a last second goal. Having said that, Team 91 MD got beat up this week at NLF by two teams they wouldn’t normally lose to. That makes 4 straight losses for them. Not sure who is and isn’t showing up for their team but clearly their in a little slump or mental funk right now.
NAL tournament this weekend will be very interesting. Top clubs will be in Hershey including 91MD. Notable teams not going are LI Express, Eclipse, 91 WP and Annapolis Hawks. Too bad, it would have been tourney to watch for 24's. My money is on Madlax for the win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Team 91 Long Island still have a team? Sounds like most have jumped ship and went to Taz or another island team. Theyve really fallen apart over the last 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Team 91 Long Island still have a team? Sounds like most have jumped ship and went to Taz or another island team. Theyve really fallen apart over the last 2 years.
Pretty sure it is too hot for Wolfpack to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I read in the North boards they are doing playdays nowadays. My guess is being extra cautious about covid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st day of NAL did not go as planned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long ride home for Madlax today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least 91MD got a head start going home to beat traffic by bailing on last games in their B bracket. That's class folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two losses in two years. I doubt that makes for a long ride home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HA the joke is on you. The entire Madlax team has COVID and now you do too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you know hiding and whimpering behind the couch in your Bunker?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax barely squeaks out a win in OT vs an on age Georgia team. Seems like Everyone beats ML nowadays. Being a year older than the rest of the teams is no longer the advantage that it once was. All of the on age teams have caught up, size wise, as their on age kids hit puberty this year. That extra year or two no longer hides the deficiency in skill and IQ. The steady decline will continue the rest of the way. Must be embarrassing for the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Falling apart? Hey troll, everyone knows they are the reigning World Series of Youth Lacrosse undefeated champions. Arguably the best team at this grade level, since its inception, and they do it with all on age kids. No other team can make that claim. Wish my kids team was “falling apart” like that. Go back to your hole, troll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's real embarrassing to win in ESPN3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because that’s something to joke about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one has covid. Sick People.. Just notIntelligent uneducated comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax barely squeaks out a win in OT vs an on age Georgia team. Seems like Everyone beats ML nowadays. Being a year older than the rest of the teams is no longer the advantage that it once was. All of the on age teams have caught up, size wise, as their on age kids hit puberty this year. That extra year or two no longer hides the deficiency in skill and IQ. The steady decline will continue the rest of the way. Must be embarrassing for the parents.

How are you measuring a steady decline? One OT loss this Summer? Two losses in 3+ years? Come from behind wins against a very strong team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Breakers beat Madlax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t breakers where you go when you can’t make an elite level team??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol...does crabs even have a team anymore? After being beaten by VLC (their B team out of VA) this summer I’m surprised their not the laughing stock of the 2024 age group. Crabs....now that’s funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats a low blow. What next losing to Zingo's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax 2024 = landon cesspool. beware. landon has not exactly had a great track record, and they have hit new low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax 2024 = landon cesspool. beware. landon has not exactly had a great track record, and they have hit new low.

I thought Landon was a top school?? What happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that like 10 kids left Madlax including some big time starters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that like 10 kids left Madlax including some big time starters?

No. Same kids. Their problem isn’t losing kids. Their problem is the teams that are a high percentage of on age kids have now caught up to the size of their all-holdback team. 8th grade is the great equalizer when most kids hit their growth spurt. Madlax’s holdbacks hit their growth spurt last year and even the year before that. Their growth spurts are done, while the on age teams had theirs this year. My kid grew 5 inches and put on 40 lbs of muscle this year. So did many of his team mates. All on age kids. There are no more “big kids” that dominate. They are all big kids now. Madlax’s sole advantage over all other teams, is no more. The playing field just got leveled. The hold back has officially lost their edge. From here on out, there will be far more parody among top teams, since there is no more dominant “big kids” anymore. If you doubt that, look at Madlax’s wins and losses. They lost to a variety of teams and some of them aren’t what I would classify as top tier. Nothing close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Same kids. Their problem isn’t losing kids. Their problem is the teams that are a high percentage of on age kids have now caught up to the size of their all-holdback team. 8th grade is the great equalizer when most kids hit their growth spurt. Madlax’s holdbacks hit their growth spurt last year and even the year before that. Their growth spurts are done, while the on age teams had theirs this year. My kid grew 5 inches and put on 40 lbs of muscle this year. So did many of his team mates. All on age kids. There are no more “big kids” that dominate. They are all big kids now. Madlax’s sole advantage over all other teams, is no more. The playing field just got leveled. The hold back has officially lost their edge. From here on out, there will be far more parody among top teams, since there is no more dominant “big kids” anymore. If you doubt that, look at Madlax’s wins and losses. They lost to a variety of teams and some of them aren’t what I would classify as top tier. Nothing close.

Parody, huh? That's pretty funny.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Parody, huh? That's pretty funny.

Nothing like a Freudian slip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are most of the 24 teams opting out of the fall HoCo league? Who's in? Who's out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If what I heard is true, the speedy attack, gigantic mid, and two really good poles left for Next Level, and several other kids left for other teams. Will really shake things up next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If what I heard is true, the speedy attack, gigantic mid, and two really good poles left for Next Level, and several other kids left for other teams. Will really shake things up next year.

That's what I heard, and from a very reliable source. Most of the Madlax 2024 top players left for Next Level, who had a decent summer, but could now be kings of the castle if this is true.

But don't count Madlax out , they will ship in players you have never seen before, so I expect them to be some what competitive (with the Crabs) but no longer in teh big boy group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this accurate? can someone validate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is accurate.
Middie playing NL 2023.
Two poles and attack to NL 2024.