BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 136 of 144 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess this warrants a repeat of " you have choices ".....last time I checked there were many lacrosse clubs on long island . Why don't you use them instead of bashing clubs . Find one that you like . Does nobody any good to hear you mansplaining . And just for the record....if your son is on a bad team the writing is on the wall . Stop spending time and money on lacrosse perhaps hes better at something else . Or again..find a club that you like. Tired of hearing pathetic parents complain about certain clubs. The parents are the ones that fees the beast....you have choices

You do have choices.....until you get to high school. At that point, if you attend Chaminade or St. Anthony's, you leave at your own peril.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how many teams does express Long Island have at 2026?
What would be the actual number of players for their AA team this year?

3 teams
AA & A maybe 40 between the 2 teams and the players switch between teams based on coaches decisions. B teams about 23 kids.

so the B team is really the C team

Call it what you want. It's the 3rd team...

AA = The A Team
A= The B Team
B= The C Team

Or in reality, one very good team that gets all the attention, coaching and all year training for the same price as the 2 money generating teams which are just not good teams. The Express Way!

All I know is the 2026 Express team of the kids that play is lights out. Saw them today and they very very impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how many teams does express Long Island have at 2026?
What would be the actual number of players for their AA team this year?

3 teams
AA & A maybe 40 between the 2 teams and the players switch between teams based on coaches decisions. B teams about 23 kids.

so the B team is really the C team

Call it what you want. It's the 3rd team...

AA = The A Team
A= The B Team
B= The C Team

Or in reality, one very good team that gets all the attention, coaching and all year training for the same price as the 2 money generating teams which are just not good teams. The Express Way!

They rolled right over every team at lax fest yesterday. I’d say they’re doing alright.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A quick question, how many teams does 2028 have and how many kids per each team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A quick question, how many teams does 2028 have and how many kids per each team?

Supposedly 2 teams. Kids jump back and forth between teams. Rosters never set and kids come onto teams throughout the year. Approximate 24-28 per team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. So there is no A team and B team. Seems a bit confusing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Supposedly 2 teams. Kids jump back and forth between teams. Rosters never set and kids come onto teams throughout the year. Approximate 24-28 per team.

Not this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams does 2024 and 2025 have this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams does 2024 and 2025 have this year?

Email them and they’ll inform you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK. Emails came out. What's the difference between Orange and Black?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black = AA, orange= A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black =A, Orange =B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they take everyone from tryouts at 2026?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2024 CoachS AA
O’Reilly Orange A
O’Reilly Black B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Respectfully, you are wasting your time if you are not on the top team. Find an organization where you can be on a team that will go to the premier tournaments so your kid can be seen. The older the kids get the harder it is to break into another top team, so don't wait. Express B teams tend to practice sporadically and go to lesser tournaments. Coaches and organization do not take it seriously. Bad combination. My kid is in college now. I was amazed when he was being recruited at just how dialed in the college coaches were to the travel club scene. They will 100% be hesitant about a kid that is supposedly a top player but isn't on the top Express team. It could all be political BS, but the optics are terrible and you can't have that issue out there if your kid is trying to get recruited.

And when things resume, hit individuals showcases as others have said. There is a massive misconception that recruiting all happens with the club. If you are a Top 100 player in the country and on a premier team that may be good enough. After that, you have to hit the individual showcases, shop your highlight tape, email coaches, go to prospect days/camps and basically just hustle.

Above all, don't put all your eggs in the Express basket or get ready to be disappointed.

Good luck!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Respectfully, you are wasting your time if you are not on the top team. Find an organization where you can be on a team that will go to the premier tournaments so your kid can be seen. The older the kids get the harder it is to break into another top team, so don't wait. Express B teams tend to practice sporadically and go to lesser tournaments. Coaches and organization do not take it seriously. Bad combination. My kid is in college now. I was amazed when he was being recruited at just how dialed in the college coaches were to the travel club scene. They will 100% be hesitant about a kid that is supposedly a top player but isn't on the top Express team. It could all be political BS, but the optics are terrible and you can't have that issue out there if your kid is trying to get recruited.

And when things resume, hit individuals showcases as others have said. There is a massive misconception that recruiting all happens with the club. If you are a Top 100 player in the country and on a premier team that may be good enough. After that, you have to hit the individual showcases, shop your highlight tape, email coaches, go to prospect days/camps and basically just hustle.

Above all, don't put all your eggs in the Express basket or get ready to be disappointed.

Good luck!!

From a guy who’s kid has been on the B team for couple years with a different club......I couldn’t agree more. My kid isn’t close to being recruited yet. But the B team is a waste of time and money with the bigger clubs. You are so much better off switching and playing for a “top team” of a different (smaller) club. What happened to us was classic bait and switch. “Your kid is really close to being brought up. We just want him to do one more year on the B team”. Don’t fall for it. These big clubs don’t give a garbage about the B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck!!

From a guy who’s kid has been on the B team for couple years with a different club......I couldn’t agree more. My kid isn’t close to being recruited yet. But the B team is a waste of time and money with the bigger clubs. You are so much better off switching and playing for a “top team” of a different (smaller) club. What happened to us was classic bait and switch. “Your kid is really close to being brought up. We just want him to do one more year on the B team”. Don’t fall for it. These big clubs don’t give a garbage about the B team.

B team issues is 100% on the parents. They don’t fully commit to these teams and show up to practice sporadically. And the better ones think they belong on A team and won’t play B. The point is get the right mix of dedicated families it will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck!!

B team issues is 100% on the parents. They don’t fully commit to these teams and show up to practice sporadically. And the better ones think they belong on A team and won’t play B. The point is get the right mix of dedicated families it will be fine.

You are very wrong to blame the parents. I lived it for several years with my kid and saw parents drop off but only after the season turned to garbage. When they saw the coaches didn’t have regular practices and signed up for lame tournaments, that is when parents stopped being their kids. It is a total cop out to put it all on the parents, though. Our B team coaches were lazy, arrogant and turned out a lame product. If the team went to Naptown, NLF, Black Card, etc. believe me every parent would have had their kid there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck!!

I think it’s pretty easy to blame the parents. This virus really exposed how much they don’t care about the B teams. Their A teams were loaded up with tourneys.....and the B teams barely had any at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s pretty easy to blame the parents. This virus really exposed how much they don’t care about the B teams. Their A teams were loaded up with tourneys.....and the B teams barely had any at all.

I am not in LI and cannot speak directing to Express, but have been director of good sized club for years and can tell you in my experience parental support is not the reason B teams have issues. After the first few years of play (younger ages are a crapshoot), here is my honest assessment of our B team which I try and be as transparent as possible with our parents about. There are usually 1-3 kids I honestly see as borderline A and could easily move up, then another 1-2 who I don't see as A team potential but have some singular skill whether it be great speed, size, strength that doesn't currently translate but the type of player I've been wrong on in the past. After that, I tell parents that their boys are most likely going to be B team players unless something dramatic happens. The parental problems occur when that bottom 15-18 players parents don't belevie me yet stay with our club. I have been wrong on late bloomers of course as no one is perfect in assesment, but 95% of the time I know their kids lax skills better than they do. That being said, the bigger B team issue is when we have problems with weather, fields, tournaments, coaching etc. I have to serve my A team first. If there is one field available for a practice, the A team gets it. If an A team coach has to leave, I'll move up someone from B if that's what is best for the club. Those are me being a disservice to our B teams, but unfortunately that is life. My job is to run a club and supporting the A team first even at the expense of B at times is necessary to do my best job. I agree it stinks at times, but if you are on the A team at a smaller club you will also lose field time, coaches, players but just to another organization not your A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not in LI and cannot speak directing to Express, but have been director of good sized club for years and can tell you in my experience parental support is not the reason B teams have issues. After the first few years of play (younger ages are a crapshoot), here is my honest assessment of our B team which I try and be as transparent as possible with our parents about. There are usually 1-3 kids I honestly see as borderline A and could easily move up, then another 1-2 who I don't see as A team potential but have some singular skill whether it be great speed, size, strength that doesn't currently translate but the type of player I've been wrong on in the past. After that, I tell parents that their boys are most likely going to be B team players unless something dramatic happens. The parental problems occur when that bottom 15-18 players parents don't belevie me yet stay with our club. I have been wrong on late bloomers of course as no one is perfect in assesment, but 95% of the time I know their kids lax skills better than they do. That being said, the bigger B team issue is when we have problems with weather, fields, tournaments, coaching etc. I have to serve my A team first. If there is one field available for a practice, the A team gets it. If an A team coach has to leave, I'll move up someone from B if that's what is best for the club. Those are me being a disservice to our B teams, but unfortunately that is life. My job is to run a club and supporting the A team first even at the expense of B at times is necessary to do my best job. I agree it stinks at times, but if you are on the A team at a smaller club you will also lose field time, coaches, players but just to another organization not your A team.

Wow!!! You just basically admitted your a aell out not a coach. A coach is about being about the kids, not the organisation and its bottom line as far as profit. You take the same tuition from these B kids parents who look for the same opportunities for that payment for their kids for practices and tournaments (of course tournaments appropriate for the teans level of play). Yet you take there money and give them an inferior product and make them an after thought because as you say it's really all about the A team. And you are just robbing and lying to these B team parents. You $uck and you should be ashamed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your basically admitting your giving people a [ChillLaxin] product and charging them a Laxx of money. You sound like a great guy. You basically admitted what we all have been complaining about. The B team gets [ChillLaxin] coaching, tournaments and all you care about is your A team. Thanks for validating our complaints. Some of us parents know our kids are B players and we are ok with it. All we want is a few dedicated coaches and a program that cares. We are often paying the same fee as the A team. But we are getting a far inferior product.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your basically admitting your giving people a [ChillLaxin] product and charging them a Laxx of money. You sound like a great guy. You basically admitted what we all have been complaining about. The B team gets [ChillLaxin] coaching, tournaments and all you care about is your A team. Thanks for validating our complaints. Some of us parents know our kids are B players and we are ok with it. All we want is a few dedicated coaches and a program that cares. We are often paying the same fee as the A team. But we are getting a far inferior product.

Our club does not charge both teams the same fee. It differs by age group but our A teams on averages charged about $2600 for 2019-2020 and B teams were close to $1900. It is impossible to offer the same product to both and cubs should charge accordingly. We rarely have an issues with dedication of coaches, but the more experienced coaches are definitely on the A levels and more focus on who want their sons to learn lax and/or improve, but focus on having fun and not get caught up in it too much at the B level. There is nothing wrong with loving to play the sport and not having the ability at this point to make an A team, that's what 80% of the B team should be...and charge less for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023 thread has a lot of info on how Express, 91 and Igloo B teams have a history of being unable to get kids to any D1 or decent schools including the 2021 class who have no D1 commits and very good players. It appears Flg, Legacy and Rebels are doing very well with 2021 recruiting. It is worth visiting the 2023 thread if you are interested in this topic and trying to decide if being on a clubs second team is worth it. It seems that it is not with a long history of recruiting failures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023 thread has a lot of info on how Express, 91 and Igloo B teams have a history of being unable to get kids to any D1 or decent schools including the 2021 class who have no D1 commits and very good players. It appears Flg, Legacy and Rebels are doing very well with 2021 recruiting. It is worth visiting the 2023 thread if you are interested in this topic and trying to decide if being on a clubs second team is worth it. It seems that it is not with a long history of recruiting failures.

Is this MB poaching from the Rebels? We get a phone call every year asking to switch teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying kids on FLG & Rebels are going to good D1 schools over kids on Express 2nd team? That's a joke! I know kids who played on the Express 3rd team and play for decent D1 schools. FLG? Rebels? Ha! Maybe their top #1 kid, but other than that, nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels - it's too soon to tell. FLG kids do go to college to play lacrosse, there is no denying that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying kids on FLG & Rebels are going to good D1 schools over kids on Express 2nd team? That's a joke! I know kids who played on the Express 3rd team and play for decent D1 schools. FLG? Rebels? Ha! Maybe their top #1 kid, but other than that, nothing.

You are lying. Name one kid on express C team that went to a D I school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 Express B team no d1, FLg and Rebels have many d1 commits. It all public information. Stop buying into Express B team gets D1 offers. Come on Express b has Zero to very few d1 every year. Go to inside lacrosse that reports the commits per club. If you don’t want to believe facts stay on Express b and your kid will go to a school no one ever heard of. Can’t argue with past history. Express c and b does not have d1 commits. Again look it up on inside lacrosse or many other places that reports commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 Express B team no d1, FLg and Rebels have many d1 commits. It all public information. Stop buying into Express B team gets D1 offers. Come on Express b has Zero to very few d1 every year. Go to inside lacrosse that reports the commits per club. If you don’t want to believe facts stay on Express b and your kid will go to a school no one ever heard of. Can’t argue with past history. Express c and b does not have d1 commits. Again look it up on inside lacrosse or many other places that reports commits.

Can't believe what you read here so you do have to do research. If you do you may learn something. Many over the years have questioned is it worth going to a big club B team who has the best AA teams in the country or go to a club like the Rebels, FLG or Legacy who have good top teams and claim to be good at recruiting. One guy here claims Express B and C have D1 commits and claims Rebels and FLG have " maybe" one D1 commit. Sine many here are figuring out which clubs to tryout for, I went to each club web page and other places that report commits. I was shocked with what the truth was. For 2021 Express B, C, Igloo B and 91 B, all second and third teams for each club, had NO D1 players committed. FLG has four D1, Rebels have 6 D1 and and legacy has nine D1. Many top academic and lacrosse schools committed for FLG, Rebels and Legacy. All three have high academic D3 commits. 91 B has one high academic D3 commit but Express B, C and Igloo B have none. Since Express AA, Igloo AA and 91 AA have three of the best teams in the country for 2021 I decided to compare how FLG, Rebels and Legacy 2021 compare to top AA clubs in the country with recruiting. Looked at Inside Lacrosse for this info. Seems that Rebels and Legacy has similar numbers compared to other top AA teams in the country with D1 commits. FLG was a little behind. Seems like 6 or more D1 commits is a good showing for any 2021 team. This information is very helpful. Please check this out for yourself before you believe someone who has no facts to support claims that Express B and C have D1 commits and the other clubs have "maybe" one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't believe what you read here so you do have to do research. If you do you may learn something. Many over the years have questioned is it worth going to a big club B team who has the best AA teams in the country or go to a club like the Rebels, FLG or Legacy who have good top teams and claim to be good at recruiting. One guy here claims Express B and C have D1 commits and claims Rebels and FLG have " maybe" one D1 commit. Sine many here are figuring out which clubs to tryout for, I went to each club web page and other places that report commits. I was shocked with what the truth was. For 2021 Express B, C, Igloo B and 91 B, all second and third teams for each club, had NO D1 players committed. FLG has four D1, Rebels have 6 D1 and and legacy has nine D1. Many top academic and lacrosse schools committed for FLG, Rebels and Legacy. All three have high academic D3 commits. 91 B has one high academic D3 commit but Express B, C and Igloo B have none. Since Express AA, Igloo AA and 91 AA have three of the best teams in the country for 2021 I decided to compare how FLG, Rebels and Legacy 2021 compare to top AA clubs in the country with recruiting. Looked at Inside Lacrosse for this info. Seems that Rebels and Legacy has similar numbers compared to other top AA teams in the country with D1 commits. FLG was a little behind. Seems like 6 or more D1 commits is a good showing for any 2021 team. This information is very helpful. Please check this out for yourself before you believe someone who has no facts to support claims that Express B and C have D1 commits and the other clubs have "maybe" one.

Someone has a lot for free time on their hands. Or do I detect a lax director?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe it is someone who does not have a lot of time to waste going to an express try out so looked things up to save time. Maybe he/she is being nice and saving time for others showing express, igloo and 91 b teams have not produced d1 players over the years and flg, legacy and rebels have. I believe rebels director also produced a lot of d1 players when he was with the outlaws too. It does not matter the persons motives. It is the truth which can not be disputed. flg, rebels and legacy 2021 have done well recruiting 2021 d1 and express b and c have no d1. Even express best team has less recruited players than one would expect. Look it up if you have the time to do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are you saying kids on FLG & Rebels are going to good D1 schools over kids on Express 2nd team? That's a joke! I know kids who played on the Express 3rd team and play for decent D1 schools. FLG? Rebels? Ha! Maybe their top #1 kid, but other than that, nothing.

Or maybe it is someone who does not have a lot of time to waste going to an express try out so looked things up to save time. Maybe he/she is being nice and saving time for others showing express, igloo and 91 b teams have not produced d1 players over the years and flg, legacy and rebels have. I believe rebels director also produced a lot of d1 players when he was with the outlaws too. It does not matter the persons motives. It is the truth which can not be disputed. flg, rebels and legacy 2021 have done well recruiting 2021 d1 and express b and c have no d1. Even expre

Express has better odds with 30 plus kids on the team when others carry 20 to 23 kids on a roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are you saying kids on FLG & Rebels are going to good D1 schools over kids on Express 2nd team? That's a joke! I know kids who played on the Express 3rd team and play for decent D1 schools. FLG? Rebels? Ha! Maybe their top #1 kid, but other than that, nothing.

Or maybe it is someone who does not have a lot of time to waste going to an express try out so looked things up to save time. Maybe he/she is being nice and saving time for others showing express, igloo and 91 b teams have not produced d1 players over the years and flg, legacy and rebels have. I believe rebels director also produced a lot of d1 players when he was with the outlaws too. It does not matter the persons motives. It is the truth which can not be disputed. flg, rebels and legacy 2021 have done well recruiting 2021 d1 and express b and c have no d1. Even expre

Express has better odds with 30 plus kids on the team when others carry 20 to 23 kids on a roster.

Great point. Express has at least 50 players for 2021 and only have 13 commits for 2021 all from the AA team. Legacy has 20 players and 9 D1 and Rebels have 17 players and 6 or 7 D1 commits. Percentage wise Express behind both these clubs. It is amazing how parents year after year keep going to Express spend $30k in total and most don't get to play college lax. They spend 30k over 10 years based on the word of a salesman telling them there kid will play D1 or college lacrosse without checking what Express has produced over the years. It does not matter They will all go back to express this year because their kid will be the exception and play D1. Most from express do not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also like to dangle St. Anthony's over peoples head

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also like to dangle St. Anthony's over peoples head

In what way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great point. Express has at least 50 players for 2021 and only have 13 commits for 2021 all from the AA team. Legacy has 20 players and 9 D1 and Rebels have 17 players and 6 or 7 D1 commits. Percentage wise Express behind both these clubs. It is amazing how parents year after year keep going to Express spend $30k in total and most don't get to play college lax. They spend 30k over 10 years based on the word of a salesman telling them there kid will play D1 or college lacrosse without checking what Express has produced over the years. It does not matter They will all go back to express this year because their kid will be the exception and play D1. Most from express do not.

Can you put your findings in an Exel spreadsheet? Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!

Not the same for all teams / grades

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some years, maybe, but not all years. Some years 2nd team is very good. Gotta know what you are getting into.

Like Reply Quote
Page 136 of 144 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard