BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 38 39
Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fashion advice. Though tan fat looks better than pale fat, neither is particularly appealing when crammed into outfits that are too tight. Rebels/Turtles Moms, bite the bullet, bury your ego and buy the next size up or cover up. Too tight and with lots of junk hanging out. You are not 19 anymore trolling Sprats or the Bordie Barn. You are a Mom and a role model, act like one. At least look like one if you can't act like one. No homecoming queens in that lot...

Yea, Okay guy....... Your gut blowing out over your belt, the tight 2x Under Armour golf shirt that really should be a 3x, blown out New Balances, Nasal and Ear hair that you can use to repel with and breath that can knock a buzzard of a $h1t wagon............

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm curious how many kids went to the 91 evaluation camp and legacy tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the rebels but we're checking it out. Went to legacy last night too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the rebels but we're checking it out. Went to legacy last night too.

So you think Jr has a shot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Yea, Okay guy....... Your gut blowing out over your belt, the tight 2x Under Armour golf shirt that really should be a 3x, blown out New Balances, Nasal and Ear hair that you can use to repel with and breath that can knock a buzzard of a $h1t wagon............"

Yeah, but I'm packin the bracciole.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm curious how many kids went to the 91 evaluation camp and legacy tryouts

was there a good turnout? Any talent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of talent, but almost no chance of making that squad. Realistically, after all the Coaches kids are counted, how many spots could there be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of talent, but almost no chance of making that squad. Realistically, after all the Coaches kids are counted, how many spots could there be?

Seems like even the parents that aren't official coaches act like sideline coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy/91/2way top tier
Rebels/turtles/mooselax 2nd tier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy/91/2way top tier

You need to place your son where they will get meaningful playing time and improve. Of all of these teams, the best option is Mooselax because they carry the least amount. Check out Legacy/91/Turtles/Rebels sidelines, packed with kids who watch the others take all their time. By 5th Grade, if your son isn't getting significant minutes, it's time to move on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy/91/2way top tier

You need to place your son where they will get meaningful playing time and improve. Of all of these teams, the best option is Mooselax because they carry the least amount. Check out Legacy/91/Turtles/Rebels sidelines, packed with kids who watch the others take all their time. By 5th Grade, if your son isn't getting significant minutes, it's time to move on.

91 and 2 Way top dogs

Legacy and Rebels next two

Express and Igloo not to far behind

Mooselax 2028 group is good, do they have the foundation to continue as a true AA club

Turtles are all over at different camps/tryouts be careful with that $ grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why you keep saying 91 is top dog they lost to express this year and lost last year to Rebels and Legacy. They are not top dogs no one is top dog at this age. You 91 parents need to get a grip on reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
us parents spend a lot of money on this sport and I can’t tell you how important the coaching and practices are. Hopefully everyone finds a team that shows commitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to know an awful lot about 91’s record. Do you follow them or just like 4th grade lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't you the coach of Venom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 venom did not lose to Rebels last year. They lost to the original Rebels 2 years ago. 91 also improved last year so I would have to agree they are Top dog on LI. They need to play against teams like Legacy and Rebels this year to continue to be top dog though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels team is not as good as they were 2 years ago because most of that team went to the turtles from what I recall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy/91/2way top tier

I think that’s fair to say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moose was quarantined the entire season in terms of competing outside their bubble, though a collection of their core players played in one tournament and did well. They have trained from late spring through the summer just did not compete with outside programs. Very happy with the coaching and the reps. There are some elite players on the team. No doubt they are one of the top teams on LI, but understand someone not including them in the conversation because they have been absent from the scene. Hope to take on all comers in the fall. Stay healthy and hope no 2nd wave. Stay positive. Lets make this 28 thread more pleasant than many other-though rebel/turtle moms and joey's dad will continue to get their well earned air time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moose parent asks if we can keep thread pleasant then Laxx the bed with last comment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This comment above was not made by a Moose parent because they don't have their facts straight. All spring Moose practices were canceled. During March April and May, the program focused on wall ball training utilizing the app SNYPR. During this time the coaches also made training videos and held zoom meetings to keep the teams active. On 6/1 a program wide decision was made implementing a credit/refund policy because they realized they would not be able to give the boys in their program the Summer experience they deserved (or paid for.). The first time Moose stepped on the field was 7/6 (when NON contact lacrosse was permitted) and the 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029 teams played Speedlax for the month of July. In august they began training with helmets and gloves with shooting and skill clinics twice a week and goalie training. They then started a second session of Speedlax for their 2030 "intro to travel" team, and their Academy Training (non travel ready) players. September 1, 2,3 they will be starting up their fall ball program with a 3 day Mooselax mini camp, and then take a short break for the return to school. As for comments about other programs, and rival team parents, unfortunately that is the nature of open forums that allow Anonymous messaging. There are many great Coaches out there, at all the different programs, and finding one for your son to play for is the single most important decision a parent can make when deciding what program is the best fit for their child. Let's all hope there is no second wave of Covid... Not because of the impact it has on the lacrosse our kids will play... so that we can all return to normal lives. Stay safe!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This comment above was not made by a Moose parent because they don't have their facts straight. All spring Moose practices were canceled. During March April and May, the program focused on wall ball training utilizing the app SNYPR. During this time the coaches also made training videos and held zoom meetings to keep the teams active. On 6/1 a program wide decision was made implementing a credit/refund policy because they realized they would not be able to give the boys in their program the Summer experience they deserved (or paid for.). The first time Moose stepped on the field was 7/6 (when NON contact lacrosse was permitted) and the 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029 teams played Speedlax for the month of July. In august they began training with helmets and gloves with shooting and skill clinics twice a week and goalie training. They then started a second session of Speedlax for their 2030 "intro to travel" team, and their Academy Training (non travel ready) players. September 1, 2,3 they will be starting up their fall ball program with a 3 day Mooselax mini camp, and then take a short break for the return to school. As for comments about other programs, and rival team parents, unfortunately that is the nature of open forums that allow Anonymous messaging. There are many great Coaches out there, at all the different programs, and finding one for your son to play for is the single most important decision a parent can make when deciding what program is the best fit for their child. Let's all hope there is no second wave of Covid... Not because of the impact it has on the lacrosse our kids will play... so that we can all return to normal lives. Stay safe!

i always wondered what life is like in Utopia... i've found it and it's in Suffolk county. It's at Mooselax. If this wasn't the single biggest piece of BS marketing, than what is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a person talking about being a better person, meanwhile you are attacking everyone including and most of all moms, sisters and grandmothers. Maybe you should display some class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a person talking about being a better person, meanwhile you are attacking everyone including and most of all moms, sisters and grandmothers. Maybe you should display some class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously have no idea what your talking about. The turtles just beat the Rebels and igloo A and express A just got killed by the 28’ Smithtown town team. You may not like the turtles parents but give the players and the coaches the credit they deserve. There were 14 new kids that asked to tryout for the turtles ‘28

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do that’s why you keep checking in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the “28 Smithtown is a town team” talk. Those people pay more than most travel clubs and represent the worst of both the Rebels and Turtles - complete trash. They will burn those kids out of the sport by middle school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They pay maybe 750. Besides what does that have to do with their talent. Shouldn’t this whole thread be about the talent on the field and not about the parents. If you want to critique players and coaches fine. I bet all these threads would be a lot more interesting if everybody stopped commenting about parents, especially because your hiding behind “anonymous “

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Smithtown crew. Make Smithtown Great Again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Smithtown crew. Make Smithtown Great Again.

Perhaps a club team in the Portland or Seattle area would be a good spot for you based on your idiotic comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know which fall tournaments their teams will be doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully tournaments get going early fall so we can get them in ASAP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve always wondered why people detest Smithtown so much? There really is truth to this. Is it because of the average cost of homes? Is it the average income per house hold?? Is it the demographics??? To just say it’s because of the parents yelling on the sideline is just not a fair answer? I’ve seen too much in all sports on the island over the years and I’ve seen groups that are far worse then what I’ve seen from Smithtown as a whole. Maybe some of you haters can chime in, and try to do it intelligently, without attacking moms, sisters, or grandmas. Let’s try to leave peoples appearances out of it because honestly that has nothing to do with the question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve always wondered why people detest Smithtown so much? There really is truth to this. Is it because of the average cost of homes? Is it the average income per house hold?? Is it the demographics??? To just say it’s because of the parents yelling on the sideline is just not a fair answer? I’ve seen too much in all sports on the island over the years and I’ve seen groups that are far worse then what I’ve seen from Smithtown as a whole. Maybe some of you haters can chime in, and try to do it intelligently, without attacking moms, sisters, or grandmas. Let’s try to leave peoples appearances out of it because honestly that has nothing to do with the question.

We all detest you too, Smithtown boy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is my guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered