BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ok really why pick Commack , they beat Copiague easily but had enough class to not shove it in their face. The Commack coaches and players have a lot of class unlike the riverheads in LAX or any other sport. Kudos to the Copiague girls it was a tough season but they at least played hard all game every game. I want teams like Bay shore and Whitman to have success the players on those teams have class and if Commack was in playoffs I would wish them well also

Bay Shore? Are you joking? Dirtiest team on LI. Illegal sticks galore. Illegal stick, head and body checks galore. I hope whoever plays them calls for stick checks and is lucky enough to have a decent ref...fat chance!

Bay Shore lost to Ward Melville in great part due to seven yellow cards which let them play two girls down for over 13 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok really why pick Commack , they beat Copiague easily but had enough class to not shove it in their face. The Commack coaches and players have a lot of class unlike the riverheads in LAX or any other sport. Kudos to the Copiague girls it was a tough season but they at least played hard all game every game. I want teams like Bay shore and Whitman to have success the players on those teams have class and if Commack was in playoffs I would wish them well also

Bay Shore? Are you joking? Dirtiest team on LI. Illegal sticks galore. Illegal stick, head and body checks galore. I hope whoever plays them calls for stick checks and is lucky enough to have a decent ref...fat chance!
They're taught to play that way. It all falls on the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys are kidding me with the Bay Shore and Yellow Card comments. Watch the tape, two of the cards were legit. two were for shooting infractions only one was from a defensive player. It is laughable how its easy to hate a winner. Focus on the positive and how to get better not on why the dominant teams continue to play hard and win. MT Sinai, Shoreham, Bay Shore, West Islip, Northport, Ward Melville, East Islip, ESM are all teams that play hard and play to win. I bet you tie your kids shoe laces too....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, if you knew the Bay Shore coaches, you would not say that. They coach with class and follow the rules.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bay Shore lost to Ward Melville in great part due to seven yellow cards which let them play two girls down for over 13 minutes.

they lost in great part because they engage in a style of play that deserves these multiple cards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I have found a winner in the I do not pass the ball award.Actually curious but there is a player who I have been told by teamates dad that when she gets the ball rarely passes.He made it seem so bad I looked up her numbers and found her to have a ratio of over 12 goals for every assist.Is there justification for this type ratio, ie. she is a crease player.Granted my research has not been much but that ratio seems way out of line with a team sport.Not a very good team so should that type of selfish play be accepted by the coaches.I realize college coaches do most of their recruiting in the summer but knowing those numbers is that something they want to see or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I have found a winner in the I do not pass the ball award.Actually curious but there is a player who I have been told by teamates dad that when she gets the ball rarely passes.He made it seem so bad I looked up her numbers and found her to have a ratio of over 12 goals for every assist.Is there justification for this type ratio, ie. she is a crease player.Granted my research has not been much but that ratio seems way out of line with a team sport.Not a very good team so should that type of selfish play be accepted by the coaches.I realize college coaches do most of their recruiting in the summer but knowing those numbers is that something they want to see or not.

Very easy to see: look at scoring leaders on Newsday.com compare total points to goals and you will see right away...believe me college coaches are not impressed with those kind of stats. They want to see a nice ratio of goals to assists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys are kidding me with the Bay Shore and Yellow Card comments. Watch the tape, two of the cards were legit. two were for shooting infractions only one was from a defensive player. It is laughable how its easy to hate a winner. Focus on the positive and how to get better not on why the dominant teams continue to play hard and win. MT Sinai, Shoreham, Bay Shore, West Islip, Northport, Ward Melville, East Islip, ESM are all teams that play hard and play to win. I bet you tie your kids shoe laces too....

No love for Sayville

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very easy to see: look at scoring leaders on Newsday.com compare total points to goals and you will see right away...believe me college coaches are not impressed with those kind of stats. They want to see a nice ratio of goals to assists.

And college coaches who take a risk on these types of players regret it. There was actually a study done on this 4-5 years ago and many do not make it past freshman year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No love for Sayville

That's only five. What were the other two for? Hey--they almost won despite being two girls down. No one questions the talent level. Bay Shore is in a class all to themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bayshore has talent but they shoot temselves in the foot sometimes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No love for Sayville

That's only five. What were the other two for? Hey--they almost won despite being two girls down. No one questions the talent level. Bay Shore is in a class all to themselves.

Look out for Whitman, something about teams with nothing to lose and who are lucky to be at the dance. Very dangerous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not trying to knock any team or style of play but a team does not have to play as physical as has been suggested here to be dominant. I have had the oppurtunity to watch a team that many believe to be the best on the island play 4 times this season and did not witness the pushing and stick swinging that goes on in other games.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I looked. Eye opening. Of the top 15 goal scorers, only 6 were on the assist list. The top 3 goal scorers were not listed.

As an intersting side note, I saw what I presume are sisters listed, two sets where one is the goal scorer and one is the assister, but no way of knowing if the assister is feeding her sister. I would imagine yes.

As for what a college coach is looking for, a hard-nosed goal-scorer or a more rounded team player willing to assist as well a score, beats the [lacrosse] out of me. I'd like to believe the latter. I'd be curious what the more experienced lax parents have to say from their experiences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not trying to knock any team or style of play but a team does not have to play as physical as has been suggested here to be dominant. I have had the oppurtunity to watch a team that many believe to be the best on the island play 4 times this season and did not witness the pushing and stick swinging that goes on in other games.

Generally speaking, the better the talent, the less stick swinging.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk (Section XI) County Girls HS Varsity Lacrosse Final 2013 Regular Season Standings

Team Name League Record Overall Record Total Points
DIV I (contest details)
Bay Shore 13-1-0 15-1-0 180.010
West Islip 12-2-0 14-2-0 174.290
Ward Melville 11-3-0 12-4-0 162.860
East Islip 10-4-0 11-5-0 149.300
West Babylon 9-5-0 10-6-0 142.870
H H Hills 9-5-0 10-5-0 138.580
Northport 9-5-0 11-5-0 137.160
Middle Country 9-5-0 10-6-0 134.290
Lindenhurst 10-4-0 11-5-0 126.630
Hauppauge 8-6-0 8-7-0 118.060
Sachem East 7-7-0 8-7-0 117.870
Walt Whitman 9-5-0 10-5-0 111.630
Smithtown East 8-6-0 9-7-0 110.920
Smithtown West 7-7-0 8-8-0 100.920
Patchogue-Medford 7-7-0 7-8-0 95.200
Connetquot 6-8-0 6-10-0 87.350
William Floyd 4-10-0 5-11-0 81.640
North Babylon 6-8-0 8-8-0 77.350
Commack HS 4-10-0 5-11-0 75.210
Sachem North 4-10-0 5-11-0 64.490
Longwood 3-11-0 4-12-0 53.770
Riverhead 2-12-0 2-13-0 35.920
Brentwood 1-13-0 1-15-0 30.200
Copiague 0-14-0 0-15-0 16.630

DIV II (contest details)
Mt Sinai 14-0-0 15-0-0 193.560
Shoreham WR 12-2-0 12-4-0 171.420
Sayville 12-2-0 14-2-0 169.280
Eastport/SManor 11-3-0 12-3-0 162.850
Babylon 10-4-0 12-4-0 145.190
Rocky Point 8-6-0 9-7-0 128.560
Harborfields 8-6-0 9-7-0 123.560
Bayport-Blue Pt 8-6-0 9-7-0 121.610
Huntington 9-5-0 10-5-0 119.490
Westhampton 8-6-0 10-6-0 118.040
Comsewogue 7-7-0 9-7-0 103.760
EH/BH/PIER 6-8-0 6-10-0 98.050
Kings Park 7-7-0 7-8-0 95.200
Miller Place 6-8-0 6-10-0 93.770
Deer Park 6-8-0 7-9-0 86.620
Islip 5-9-0 6-9-0 80.190
Matt/Gpt/Shld 4-10-0 5-11-0 63.050
Bellport 3-11-0 3-13-0 47.340
Elwood/J Glenn 2-12-0 2-14-0 40.200
Center Moriches 1-13-0 3-13-0 27.340
Hampton Bays 0-14-0 0-15-0 18.770

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Eh, not always. My daughter's team has never played Bay Shore so I can't speak to that, but in her division the top skilled teams are often the most physical and it's not when it's a close game neccessarily either.

That said, it is also true that a team with less talent might up the checks, bumps, pushes, etc. I've seen that happen, too.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 15th Results

Nassau County Class A Playoffs

Farmingdale (1) over MacArthur (8), 20-3 (15-1 Halftime)
Massapequa (2) over Oceanside (7), 14-3 (9-0 Halftime)
Port Washington (3) over Baldwin (6), 12-9
Syosset (5) over Hicksville (4), 13-4

Nassau County Class C Playoffs

Locust Valley (3) over Clarke (6), 18-10

Other Results

St. Anthony's over Sacred Heart, 17-9
Our Lady of Mercy over St. Mary's, 11-2 (10-1 Halftime)

Highlights

Syosset 13, Hicksville 4: Connor Bird had four goals and Jackie Cuddy had three goals and one assist to lead No. 5 Syosset (9-6) over No. 4 Hicksville in the quarterfinals of the Nassau Class A Playoffs. Junior Kim Presuto had a career-high 16 saves. Syosset will face No. 1 Farmingdale in the semifinals on Monday at Adelphi at 4 p.m.

Locust Valley 18, Clarke 10: Preston Tansil had three goals and two assists, Julia Palermo had three scores and an assist and Kameron Palagonia had two goals and two assists for No. 3 Locust Valley (9-6) in a Nassau Class C quarterfinal win over No. 6 Clarke. Locust Valley will play No. 2 North Shore in a semifinal on Thursday at 6 p.m. at Adelphi.

Farmingdale 20, MacArthur 3: Amanda Turturro and Johnna Leone each had three goals for No. 1 Farmingdale (11-3) in its Nassau Class A quarterfinal win over No. 8 MacArthur (12-4). The Dalers next play the winner of No. 4 Hicksville/No. 5 Syosset in the semis on May 20 at Adelphi.

Nassau Class B quarterfinals will be on tap for Thursday, May 16th and Suffolk Class A opens on Friday, May 17th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Eh, not always. My daughter's team has never played Bay Shore so I can't speak to that, but in her division the top skilled teams are often the most physical and it's not when it's a close game neccessarily either.

That said, it is also true that a team with less talent might up the checks, bumps, pushes, etc. I've seen that happen, too.

Big difference between being physical and swinging sticks. I have no problem with being physical. Sometimes lesser talented girls swing (overhead, windmill style swings) and you you don't see that with more talented girls.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Big difference between being physical and swinging sticks. I have no problem with being physical. Sometimes lesser talented girls swing (overhead, windmill style swings) and you you don't see that with more talented girls.

Again, I disagree. Some of the top teams are known for late checks, butts to ribs, knuckle slashes and even the tomahawk swing. That's dirty play in my book.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will always be a showboat or ball hog on every team. In my experience a player we have who is unselfish and passes more than takes it does not get points for assists because the player its passed to does not score three quarters of the time. She is a high scorer on the team and is encouraged to take the shots by parents and coaches. points/stats do not always determine the player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clarification with regards to the Whitman coaches red cards. After the Whitman player received her red card (she was being roughed up without calls, but no excuse for her rage) the assistant coach received a red card. That's it. No other cards issued.

However, when an assistant coach gets a red card, the head coach must leave also. Both coaches must sit out the next game. I clarified that with the referee after the game.

The assistant who got the red card is the most mild mannered man. he tried to protect his player and walked on the field. Red card. There was no bad language, poor sportsmanship at all. He walked onto the field. The head coach was not directly involved at all.

This is this coaching staff's first year. I'm not sure what "past experience" you are alluding to.

Something still missing here. Coaches step on the field all the time without even getting a yellow card.

Also, were three players removed from the field at that point?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Remaining Matches and Schedules for Section VIII

Nassau Class A

Date : May 20th, Location : Adelphi University
Farmingdale (1) vs. Syosset (5), 4:00pm
Massapequa (2) vs. Port Washington (3), 6:00pm

Nassau Class B

Date : May 16th, Location : Higher Seed
Garden City (1) vs. Calhoun (9), 4:30pm
Plainedge (4) vs. Long Beach (5), 4:30pm
Wantagh (3) vs. South Side (6), 4:30pm
Manhasset (2) vs. Division (10), 4:30pm

Nassau Class C

Date : May 23rd, Location : Adelphi University
Cold Spring Harbor (1) vs. Seaford (4), 4:00pm
North Shore (2) vs. Locust Valley (3), 6:00pm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are All League selections made in Suffolk County ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will always be a showboat or ball hog on every team. In my experience a player we have who is unselfish and passes more than takes it does not get points for assists because the player its passed to does not score three quarters of the time. She is a high scorer on the team and is encouraged to take the shots by parents and coaches. points/stats do not always determine the player.

Not sure I get your point but if you have a kid with over a 12 to 1 ratio of goals to assists , that kid would be a nightmare to play with .There is no possible way the kids on her team would enjoy playing with a kid like that. I understand some kids are better finishers than others but to me the best players make the other kids on their team better and a player like that does not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cage Sage: When is Suffolk All County Dinner?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure I get your point but if you have a kid with over a 12 to 1 ratio of goals to assists , that kid would be a nightmare to play with .There is no possible way the kids on her team would enjoy playing with a kid like that. I understand some kids are better finishers than others but to me the best players make the other kids on their team better and a player like that does not.

A black hole, ball goes in and never comes back out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like my daughters team which got their asses handed to them by Farmindale last night. The only enjoyable part was watching the team nightmare get shut down when she tried charging through the defense. The above poster is correct- coaches allowed it just like they do every year, glad my kid is out but sad for the program because they do have talent and potential.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I don't know ... was an invitation sent to me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

I don't know ... was an invitation sent to me?

You are the Lax Guru right? I thought you would know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk County - June 11, 2013

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, May 16th Results

Nassau County Class B Playoffs

Garden City (1) over Calhoun (9), 17-2
Manhasset (2) over Division (10), 17-9
Wantagh (3) over South Side (6), 22-12
Long Beach (5) over Plainedge (4), 8-7

Other Results

Kellenberg over Holy Trinity, 21-10
Long Island Lutheran over Portledge, 18-4
St. John the Baptist over Our Lady of Mercy, 16-11

Highlights

Long Beach 8, Plainedge 7: Elizabeth Rourke (three goals, one assist) broke a 7-7 tie and scored the game winner with 1:54 remaining to lead No. 5 Long Beach (7-9) over No. 4 Plainedge in a Class B quarterfinal. Melissa Rubin had tied the game at 7-7 with 4:46 remaining in the second half. Long Beach moves on to play No. 1 Garden City in the semifinals on Wednesday at 4pm at Adelphi.

Wantagh 22, South Side 12: Colleen Lovett had five goals and 10 assists, Brenna Connolly had five goals and Erin Pugh had four goals and an assist to lead No. 3 Wantagh (12-5) over No. 6 South Side in a Class B quarterfinal. Wantagh moves on to face No. 2 Manhasset on May 22 at Adelphi.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk County - June 11, 2013

Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today's winnwers in Suffolk County will be...

Middle County
West Babylon
Hills
Northport

Thanks you and Good Night

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry MC, I think Lindy will outlast.

Middle County
West Babylon
Hills
Northport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middle County
West Babylon
Hills
Northport

Should be a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middle County
West Babylon
Hills
Northport

Whitman played West Babylon tough during the season; late goals inflated the score. Two collegiate bound players and a lot of athletes on the team. West Babylon likely to win but 12 seeds have nothing to lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to these match-ups.
West Bab v East Islip
Northport v West Islip
To meet up with Bay Shore and Ward Melville.

I would still like to see LI and Suffolk Sweep states not sure about "B" though.

Middle County
West Babylon
Hills
Northport

Whitman played West Babylon tough during the season; late goals inflated the score. Two collegiate bound players and a lot of athletes on the team. West Babylon likely to win but 12 seeds have nothing to lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middle County
West Babylon
HillsJ
Northport

Should be a good game.

Early Playoff Game Score
13-6 Middle Country over Lindenhurst

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Quick Reply

Options