BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He has a late '97 birthday as do many of the players in this grade. Up until this year, he always played with the grade above and still excelled despite being the youngest player on the field. Most players who play up when they are young switch to playing with their grade the year before U-15.

The kid has major academic problems and repeated a grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
come on, leave the kid out of the discussion. Shame on you guys for bashing a 14 yr old.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
come on, leave the kid out of the discussion. Shame on you guys for bashing a 14 yr old.
We have been following this discussion but the conversation has now gotten very specific. Let's throttle back on the player/parent discussion and resume the discussion thread's purpose - looking at the Express program in detail.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We obviously are dealing with a demented forum troll who has no regard for this poor 13 yr. old boy. Back of the Cage should not encourage this type of behavior by posting these attacks specifically aimed at this poor kid and his father. Do the right thing and put a stop to this and remove any posts specifically attacking this boy...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We obviously are dealing with a demented forum troll who has no regard for this poor 13 yr. old boy. Back of the Cage should not encourage this type of behavior by posting these attacks specifically aimed at this poor kid and his father. Do the right thing and put a stop to this and remove any posts specifically attacking this boy...
Sorry, missed your name ... you were ... who? Please do not lecture about the Board Rules from an anonymous position.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got no stake in this, but have read about this all-star team the Express supposedly formed by poaching other teams' best players. My question is: did the club contact their existing parents to give their side of the story? Their response (or a lack therof) would be as telling about the Express and their morals as this supposed poaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Sorry, missed your name ... you were ... who? Please do not lecture about the Board Rules from an anonymous position.

I can name three or four by name after reading their posts. No need for real names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a dog in this fight but from what I can tell Express did nothing wrong here...I'm sure all of the players on this year's Orange team will have a chance to tryout and play for the same team again. What's the big deal?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

I can name three or four by name after reading their posts. No need for real names.

I'm 100% sure neither the Express nor any parent has done anything illegal in forming a new team. So, relax, nobody will ever remember two years from now what all the fuss was about. Don't like where it leaves your kid's team now? Get your own team together for next summer! Any problems with any individuals on the Cuda should also be addressed in person, not anonymously online.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a dog in this fight but from what I can tell Express did nothing wrong here...I'm sure all of the players on this year's Orange team will have a chance to tryout and play for the same team again. What's the big deal?

Let's see. The Express puts together their team for 2016. Parents pay good money for their sons. The team turns out to be lousy. So for the final tournament, some kids are kicked off in favor of some kids they poached who had already made/played for other teams.

Yeah, nothing slimy about that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see. The Express puts together their team for 2016. Parents pay good money for their sons. The team turns out to be lousy. So for the final tournament, some kids are kicked off in favor of some kids they poached who had already made/played for other teams.

Yeah, nothing slimy about that.

What?! Really?! I seriously doubt any kid was "kicked off" an Express team before the season was over. The last tournament on the Express 2016 schedule was the Jersey Shootout and I doubt any kids were told not to show up for that tournament. That would be a first for any lax club unless there were discipline problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that anything that is said about a child that can be identified to a specific child should be removed. It is a sad day for us as adults to comment on a child who can be identified by his friends. In this day and age of computer and cyber bullying, I believe it should be the duty of the administrator to remove the posts. If god forbid this child sees this and acts out by hurting himself or others who will take the responsibility? Facebook and others have taken a stance on this so Mr administrator please do the right thing and remove the reference to the kid. Thanks for the consideration

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree that anything that is said about a child that can be identified to a specific child should be removed. It is a sad day for us as adults to comment on a child who can be identified by his friends. In this day and age of computer and cyber bullying, I believe it should be the duty of the administrator to remove the posts.
The problem is that the attitude exists in the first place.

If god forbid this child sees this and acts out by hurting himself or others who will take the responsibility? Facebook and others have taken a stance on this so Mr administrator please do the right thing and remove the reference to the kid. Thanks for the consideration
Send us an e-mail to cagesage@backofthecage.com with the details of how to contact you and the detailed reasons for your position and it will be reviewed by our moderators. In short, our view has been that nothing to this point can be pinned to one specific parent, child, or family.

If you feel differently, please send us an e-mail with the details. A subsequent anonymous post will NOT get the job done. Your alternative is to become a registered user and report the details to us. Again, this is one of the reasons that membership on BOTC is recommended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A word of caution to the person or persons posting disparaging information about a minor on the web. You should be aware of the laws regarding cyberbullying and cyberharassment. Here it is straight from New [lacrosse] State Penal Code. Sanctions range from misdemeanors to felonies. I would be very careful what I put out on the internet these days...
§ 240.30 Aggravated harassment in the second degree.
Cyberbullying and Cyberharassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, or to blog entries or websites dedicated solely to tormenting an individual. A person is guilty of aggravated harassment in the second degree when, with intent to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm another person, he or she:
1. Either (a) communicates with a person, anonymously or otherwise, by telephone, by telegraph, or by mail, or by transmitting or delivering any other form of written communication, in a manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm; or (b) causes a communication to be initiated by mechanical or electronic means or otherwise with a person,anonymously or otherwise, by telephone, by telegraph, or by mail, or by transmitting or delivering any other form of written communication, in a manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
AAWW Man, leave it legalities (not reason) to stop the soap opera. I guess I'll get back to work now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is an email going to 2016 players. the subject title is "Barracudas" or something like that. This email implies that there is some training related to a tryout for the Barracudas. this is not the case. this is another scam by the express to get some more $$$ out of people while the "Barracuda" team is a hot topic.
There won't be any more players added to that team.
don't be fooled by it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is an email going to 2016 players. the subject title is "Barracudas" or something like that. This email implies that there is some training related to a tryout for the Barracudas. this is not the case. this is another scam by the express to get some more $$$ out of people while the "Barracuda" team is a hot topic.
don't be fooled by it

Did anyone actually get this email or is it an urban legend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't be fooled by it

???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't be fooled by it

???

They only sent it to the best players. If you did not get one, well....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anonymous = Incredulous

Man up and register, accountability matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't be fooled by it

???

They only sent it to the best players. If you did not get one, well....

LOL. I doubt the email exists. If they have all the best players already, why the need for the email? The original post mentioned about using it as a revenue generator. I doubt the express is going to invite a bunch of kids to try out for a team they don't have a chance of making. They don't need the bad publicity. Besides, if a kid goes to the scheduled express tryouts and is good enought for the Barracudas and they want him on the team, they'll ask. Otherwise, the kid will go back to his normal team as the 2016 express orange and white teams are not comptetitive with the other programs on the Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's give credit when credit is due. LI Express puts quality teams on the field at every age level. The 2016 team took a beating and they are taking the steps to improve that team. People call it poaching but every year clubs lose and gain kids that way. The organization has the top teams (2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2017, 2018).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2019 had a pretty good year as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's give credit when credit is due. LI Express puts quality teams on the field at every age level. The 2016 team took a beating and they are taking the steps to improve that team. People call it poaching but every year clubs lose and gain kids that way. The organization has the top teams (2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2017, 2018).

The difference is that everyone else in this country doesn't do it in the middle of the season and steal players who have already committed/played for other clubs.

The Express have confirmed themselves as the dirt bags of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2019 had a pretty good year as well.

You realize you are touting the accomplishments of 10 year old boys who are going into 5th grade, right?

You need to seek treatment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The summer season was over! How can you say in the middle of the season? Ask yourself this question, what would you have said if your son was asked to play on that Barracuda team? Be honest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tournament was after the season. Get over it. No commitments were asked for or gotten above and beyond the one tournament. They did well at the tournament, will the boys/parents probably look to keep it together. Probably but who cares they are going into 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The summer season was over! How can you say in the middle of the season? Ask yourself this question, what would you have said if your son was asked to play on that Barracuda team? Be honest!

First of all, my son plays with his friends on a team much better than Express 2016 Orange. Our goal is for him to have fun with his buddies and get better.

Second, did they have an open tryout for this new team?

Third, did they invite all the Express Orange 2016 kids to go with them? No, some of them got kicked to the curb in favor of these 13 year old mercenaries. What kind of message does that send to all the Express kids/parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seriously think the team was put together in a week? It was put together during the summer tournament season. My guess is at least 5 or 6 weeks to pull it all together. Lots of stuff going on behind the scenes I'm sure. Maybe even a practice or two during before the summer season ended. There was even talk here that one boy missed the last tournament with his regular team to play.

Let's face it, there's enough talent on LI to put together another team or two like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA my kid wasn't picked. Enough!!! move on with the poaching stories the crying, the endless BS. We all know the season was over. If they leave their old teams so be it. SO its less money in 1 programs pocket and more in another. The only way you could consider it poaching was if these travel teams were free. But since we all PAY TOP DOLLAR Shut up already. Try outs are next month.So you know what that means, have your son try out and if he is good enough he'll make it. Or don't and stay on here and cry or maybe you are a rival team director/owner?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA my kid wasn't picked. Enough!!! move on with the poaching stories the crying, the endless BS. We all know the season was over. If they leave their old teams so be it. SO its less money in 1 programs pocket and more in another. The only way you could consider it poaching was if these travel teams were free. But since we all PAY TOP DOLLAR Shut up already. Try outs are next month.So you know what that means, have your son try out and if he is good enough he'll make it. Or don't and stay on here and cry or maybe you are a rival team director/owner?

Why would I want my son involved with this mess? Maybe you should enlighten us with the true story of this team so all the speculation can be finally put to rest.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What's with all these anonymous drive bys. I don't want to know who you are, but not being involved with the express and the best ten year old laxers ever; By logging in would be more entertaining to keep track of which is knucklehead is which!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not get it. Every season I see kids move from one team to another. Every season i see new teams start up.The clubs do not own the rights to these kids so to say they are being poached is silly.We in the past tried to keep our town teams together but always had a few kids leave for travel teams thinking they were above the other kids on the team, usually a season later they were back playing with their friends.To be honest it seems its all about ego's on both sided of this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If what you want for your son is for him to have fun and learn you are in the wrong venue! Thats what PAL and the Nickerson beach league is for. Good luck, you need it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's unprecedented. If the Express had a tryout in September and put this team together, nobody would be saying anything. But as someone said, at least one kid abandonded his own team who still had a summer tournament yet to play.

Poaching players during the summer is an all-time low. As someone said, this was in the works all summer - whom to raid, how to put the team together. All because the Express 2016 Orange team was putrid. What happened to commitment and honor? I guess the Express doesn't know that is. No shock considering they are a for-profit that is among the most expensive in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think the people who put this Barracuda team together fully realize what kind of person they got involved with at the LI EXpress. They are in for a rude awakening very soon when he takes complete control over it and they are all a non-factor in anything that the team does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Express Barracuda's

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You guys have to calm down. Enjoy it while it lasts.
If your son is on the Cuda team, let your kid enjoy it.
If your not, find a team that's good for your son.
There are plenty of good kids in each age group.
Express is a money machine. They produce some very good teams but the majority of their teams are flat out awful.
Its also time for the to update their website. It says voted #1 club team in the country. That was from 3 or 4 years ago...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With so many teams to pick from for a kid to play with. What is the big deal. All I read about is everyone complaining of a good team. With all the teams popping up for profit I am sure this will be the rule not the exception in the coming years. I do know that the express did not put this team together. Maybe the outlaws, team 91, jesters, team long island, riptide, raiders, fl$, maveriks and junior lizards, should team up to field a team to compete at this level and each game is run by a different organization lets see if jonny would make this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever was on the express Orange 2016 last year and was not picked for the Barracudas, then you are now obviously on the "B" team of the Express. Go find yourselves a good A team out there and be happy. You are crazy to give the Express any more of your money.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard