Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #306878 08/12/20 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t breakers where you go when you can’t make an elite level team??

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306881 08/12/20 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol...does crabs even have a team anymore? After being beaten by VLC (their B team out of VA) this summer I’m surprised their not the laughing stock of the 2024 age group. Crabs....now that’s funny!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306900 08/13/20 09:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn't Breakers beat Madlax?

Thats a low blow. What next losing to Zingo's.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #307254 08/16/20 06:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax 2024 = landon cesspool. beware. landon has not exactly had a great track record, and they have hit new low.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #307269 08/16/20 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax 2024 = landon cesspool. beware. landon has not exactly had a great track record, and they have hit new low.

I thought Landon was a top school?? What happened?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #307714 08/19/20 09:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that like 10 kids left Madlax including some big time starters?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307720 08/19/20 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that like 10 kids left Madlax including some big time starters?

No. Same kids. Their problem isn’t losing kids. Their problem is the teams that are a high percentage of on age kids have now caught up to the size of their all-holdback team. 8th grade is the great equalizer when most kids hit their growth spurt. Madlax’s holdbacks hit their growth spurt last year and even the year before that. Their growth spurts are done, while the on age teams had theirs this year. My kid grew 5 inches and put on 40 lbs of muscle this year. So did many of his team mates. All on age kids. There are no more “big kids” that dominate. They are all big kids now. Madlax’s sole advantage over all other teams, is no more. The playing field just got leveled. The hold back has officially lost their edge. From here on out, there will be far more parody among top teams, since there is no more dominant “big kids” anymore. If you doubt that, look at Madlax’s wins and losses. They lost to a variety of teams and some of them aren’t what I would classify as top tier. Nothing close.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307725 08/19/20 11:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Same kids. Their problem isn’t losing kids. Their problem is the teams that are a high percentage of on age kids have now caught up to the size of their all-holdback team. 8th grade is the great equalizer when most kids hit their growth spurt. Madlax’s holdbacks hit their growth spurt last year and even the year before that. Their growth spurts are done, while the on age teams had theirs this year. My kid grew 5 inches and put on 40 lbs of muscle this year. So did many of his team mates. All on age kids. There are no more “big kids” that dominate. They are all big kids now. Madlax’s sole advantage over all other teams, is no more. The playing field just got leveled. The hold back has officially lost their edge. From here on out, there will be far more parody among top teams, since there is no more dominant “big kids” anymore. If you doubt that, look at Madlax’s wins and losses. They lost to a variety of teams and some of them aren’t what I would classify as top tier. Nothing close.

Parody, huh? That's pretty funny.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307745 08/20/20 08:36 AM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

Parody, huh? That's pretty funny.

Nothing like a Freudian slip

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #308028 08/23/20 08:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are most of the 24 teams opting out of the fall HoCo league? Who's in? Who's out?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #308033 08/23/20 09:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If what I heard is true, the speedy attack, gigantic mid, and two really good poles left for Next Level, and several other kids left for other teams. Will really shake things up next year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #308068 08/24/20 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If what I heard is true, the speedy attack, gigantic mid, and two really good poles left for Next Level, and several other kids left for other teams. Will really shake things up next year.

That's what I heard, and from a very reliable source. Most of the Madlax 2024 top players left for Next Level, who had a decent summer, but could now be kings of the castle if this is true.

But don't count Madlax out , they will ship in players you have never seen before, so I expect them to be some what competitive (with the Crabs) but no longer in teh big boy group.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #308070 08/24/20 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this accurate? can someone validate

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #308077 08/24/20 12:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is accurate.
Middie playing NL 2023.