BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 73 1 2 3 4 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it matters that much!! Take a hint buddy NAL and NLF have more talent and no 10K price tag or travel to Colorado[/quote]

Exactly. This age group seems to be FAIRLY sane.[/quote]

Only teams that complain about the WSYL are holdback teams...good luck to all![/quote]

WSYL seems to be trending in a great direction the last few years. Enjoy your time out there. Don't let all the parents on the ranked teams around here that play each other in their own backyards give you any guff. Money well spent![/quote]

I went with my older boy. An unbelievable experience! It really can’t be compared to anything else. It’s the iconic event in youth lacrosse. Hopefully your sons team will qualify. Then sit back and prepare to be amazed!

Unless of course, your son is a holdback on a holdback team, then, by all means, continue with the lame rhetoric/excuses... since Jake Steinfeld doesn’t allow cheaters.[/quote]

So which teams are going? Favorites?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a holdback complainer as they are allowed, so be it. That being said, it would be cool if there were more age group tourneys. I know some parts of the country have spring on age leagues and club obv grade based running concurrently. For my son being an on age 2026, it’s fun for him to play with different kids for that reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Because it matters that much!! Take a hint buddy NAL and NLF have more talent and no 10K price tag or travel to Colorado

Exactly. This age group seems to be FAIRLY sane.[/quote]

Only teams that complain about the WSYL are holdback teams...good luck to all![/quote]

WSYL seems to be trending in a great direction the last few years. Enjoy your time out there. Don't let all the parents on the ranked teams around here that play each other in their own backyards give you any guff. Money well spent![/quote]

I went with my older boy. An unbelievable experience! It really can’t be compared to anything else. It’s the iconic event in youth lacrosse. Hopefully your sons team will qualify. Then sit back and prepare to be amazed!

Unless of course, your son is a holdback on a holdback team, then, by all means, continue with the lame rhetoric/excuses... since Jake Steinfeld doesn’t allow cheaters.[/quote]

So which teams are going? Favorites?[/quote]

Clearly Express is the favorite. 91 and Igloo would probably qualify. I wouldn't be surprised if Express had 2 teams qualify. Hard to tell what teams are age eligible. We shall see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picking up steam?? Bro, I went last year and EVERY SINGLE top team in the country was there, and a bunch didn’t even get through the gauntlet known as the north qualifier. The only teams that don’t do it are the ones that can’t, since their team is 100% dependent upon ineligible holdbacks. MD teams are notorious for this. Winning the WSYL (or just doing well) is a huge bonanza for the clubs, which translates to big time bottom line cash for the clubs, that costs the clubs ZERO! Of course every top club is going to be there, IF they qualify based on the age requirement. The WSYL is not “picking up steam”. It IS the freight train of youth lacrosse! All aboard!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a holdback complainer as they are allowed, so be it. That being said, it would be cool if there were more age group tourneys. I know some parts of the country have spring on age leagues and club obv grade based running concurrently. For my son being an on age 2026, it’s fun for him to play with different kids for that reason.

Club lacrosse at the elite level is a very dirty business. Win at all costs and build the brand into an empire. The formula: Take kids that are a year or two older, that are post pubescent men and play on age pre pubescent little boys. Great concept! Bunch of db clubs. Guess what happens in 8th grade and later?? Most on age kids hit their growth spurt during the 8th grade. By spring of that year, those tiny little on age kids are no longer tiny. They grew 6 inches and put on 40 pounds of muscle., in that one year alone. Trust me. It’s coming! Meanwhile the post pubescent cheater holdback hasnt grown since 6th grade. The on age kid is as big or bigger than the holdbacks, and he’s a better lacrosse player.

EVERYTHING changes the spring of 8th grade. Holdback teams that use to dominate no longer do. They struggle to compete, against players they use to dominate. They are exposed for what they have always been. Substandard lacrosse players, who are sons of substandard lacrosse dads. You never hear about them, but this is the result for the great majority of holdbacks.

So, all you dads and moms out there of on age kids, be patient. Your sons day is coming, and soon!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me just set the record straight here for some of the misinformation......regardless of how many players are on the sidelines the first and second lines for express got equal time . I was there and see it myself . 91 got a proper beat down plain and simple . And speaking of substitutions....I also have a friend with a son who is on 91 and he got a total of 3 minutes if the game , father was fuming. So you were saying ? Take a loss like a man,stop making excuses that are typical to 91 dads.....and just for the record express also beat down 91 team a few weeks earlier , so not a fluke . The 91 team is just not very good .

You must be that obnoxious Express Dad in the blue baseball hat. You’re a joke. You give that team a bad name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picking up steam?? Bro, I went last year and EVERY SINGLE top team in the country was there, and a bunch didn’t even get through the gauntlet known as the north qualifier. The only teams that don’t do it are the ones that can’t, since their team is 100% dependent upon ineligible holdbacks. MD teams are notorious for this. Winning the WSYL (or just doing well) is a huge bonanza for the clubs, which translates to big time bottom line cash for the clubs, that costs the clubs ZERO! Of course every top club is going to be there, IF they qualify based on the age requirement. The WSYL is not “picking up steam”. It IS the freight train of youth lacrosse! All aboard!!

This is laugh out loud funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry pal, no that's not me ....and obnoxious ? Team 91 writes the script on being obnoxious ..91 dads come on here and say things like " went 3-0 today, nothing new for us " . You're the joke . And don't get me started on the yelling and jumping up and down on the sidelines along with all of the blinged out gear. Pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towermen are the team to beat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry pal, no that's not me ....and obnoxious ? Team 91 writes the script on being obnoxious ..91 dads come on here and say things like " went 3-0 today, nothing new for us " . You're the joke . And don't get me started on the yelling and jumping up and down on the sidelines along with all of the blinged out gear. Pathetic

I’m not your pal. And I touched quite a nerve if that isn’t you.

Please quote those comments. I do not recall seeing a single post on this thread like that from a 91 parent this year.

And if you’re not the guy in the blue hat, you know exactly who I’m talking about. Much more pathetic than any blinged out gear. Can’t wait till CoachC finds a new toy and your son is scrambling for a team. Oh wait.....you’ll just stay and keep paying all the fees even though your boy doesn’t step on the field anymore. CoachC is banking on it.......literally.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup......you're right, as usual the 91 dads know it all. You're my hero .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry pal, my son is not even on express . Just saw the scores and heard about it . So have no idea who or what you're talking about with a blue hat. Have a nice day .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop all of the nonsense. Express and 91 are clearly the top 2 L.I. Teams heading into the WSYL, regardless of "holdbacks" etc.. Hopefully those teams will get meaningful competition and grow this Fall. Express 2026 has the 1 player that nobody else has so stop talking about 50 kids on their roster. When you win 90% plus face-offs and put the ball in play everyone on that team is better. Until teams learn to deal with it and/or stop it.... Express will win and that's the reality of it. Don't sit here and throw stones at Express. People are happy here and they should be. If you're not happy or disgruntled urge your club to get better and if they won't, make good decisions for your child, and let them play. Either way there are plenty of club lacrosse options out there. Do right by your kid, and not your ego!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop all of the nonsense. Express and 91 are clearly the top 2 L.I. Teams heading into the WSYL, regardless of "holdbacks" etc.. Hopefully those teams will get meaningful competition and grow this Fall. Express 2026 has the 1 player that nobody else has so stop talking about 50 kids on their roster. When you win 90% plus face-offs and put the ball in play everyone on that team is better. Until teams learn to deal with it and/or stop it.... Express will win and that's the reality of it. Don't sit here and throw stones at Express. People are happy here and they should be. If you're not happy or disgruntled urge your club to get better and if they won't, make good decisions for your child, and let them play. Either way there are plenty of club lacrosse options out there. Do right by your kid, and not your ego!

Yes, I completely agree with you. Just to be clear, it was the above poster from Express who came on here and started disparaging 91 on a typically civil 2026 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say express is clearly the best team. 2nd is a tossup between 91 and igloo. Coach C was a smart businessman by doing his “super team “. It made a a lot of kids sign up because the 2 teams practice together. As a result they have enough kids to field 3 teams. 91 barely has enough kids to field a 2nd team. 91 has gotten so out of control with daddy ball. 26 team has 5 dad coaches. Go look at there other teams. Machine has 6 dad coaches. The list goes on and on. I get there wil be dad coaches. But for most teams have 5-6 or them.....it only leads to problems

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say express is clearly the best team. 2nd is a tossup between 91 and igloo. Coach C was a smart businessman by doing his “super team “. It made a a lot of kids sign up because the 2 teams practice together. As a result they have enough kids to field 3 teams. 91 barely has enough kids to field a 2nd team. 91 has gotten so out of control with daddy ball. 26 team has 5 dad coaches. Go look at there other teams. Machine has 6 dad coaches. The list goes on and on. I get there wil be dad coaches. But for most teams have 5-6 or them.....it only leads to problems

I guess it is good that your son doesn’t play for 91 then. Just like outside parents don’t understand the 40 man roster for Express. But not my business, not my problem. MYOB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who knows this grade knows the top 3 teams have been pretty close for years. Express has taken the lead, with Igloo and 91 not too far behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl picked up some solid LE guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who knows this grade knows the top 3 teams have been pretty close for years. Express has taken the lead, with Igloo and 91 not too far behind.
In terms of LI maybe, but Hawks still rule 2026 even though gap is closing,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess it is good that your son doesn’t play for 91 then. Just like outside parents don’t understand the 40 man roster for Express. But not my business, not my problem. MYOB.

I’ll take the Dad coaches that 91 offers, thank you very much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, I suppose everyone will see the hawks compete for the WSYL than. Doubtful with their older boys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. You all know who will win. Bye bye

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, I suppose everyone will see the hawks compete for the WSYL than. Doubtful with their older boys...

Aren’t you all forgetting who came to Li like a tornado in the fall ? New sheriff in town

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, we’re forgetting. Who was that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks will never lose to a New York team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol funny. The Hawks and their older children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol funny. The Hawks and their older children.

Hawks are beatable.Lost this summer to the Tigers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about the Hawks here, Hawks Dad. Go back to your Mid-Atlantic thread with the other holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club lacrosse at the elite level is a very dirty business. Win at all costs and build the brand into an empire. The formula: Take kids that are a year or two older, that are post pubescent men and play on age pre pubescent little boys. Great concept! Bunch of db clubs. Guess what happens in 8th grade and later?? Most on age kids hit their growth spurt during the 8th grade. By spring of that year, those tiny little on age kids are no longer tiny. They grew 6 inches and put on 40 pounds of muscle., in that one year alone. Trust me. It’s coming! Meanwhile the post pubescent cheater holdback hasnt grown since 6th grade. The on age kid is as big or bigger than the holdbacks, and he’s a better lacrosse player.

EVERYTHING changes the spring of 8th grade. Holdback teams that use to dominate no longer do. They struggle to compete, against players they use to dominate. They are exposed for what they have always been. Substandard lacrosse players, who are sons of substandard lacrosse dads. You never hear about them, but this is the result for the great majority of holdbacks.

So, all you dads and moms out there of on age kids, be patient. Your sons day is coming, and soon!

Why exactly do things change in the spring of 8th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Puberty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Puberty
I agree about on age parents being patient as things balance out due to puberty and beyond. Puberty itself can't even the playing field as on average all kids hit it at the same age obviously, but some of those holdbacks get caught at that point and the rest in the following few years. I have coached many holdbacks and even more on age and see little advantage to college placement in the long run. Also have had many more behavioral issues from later grade holdbacks (not ones who started K or Pre-K late necessarily...that is a different scenario).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You wrote: EVERYTHING changes the spring of 8th grade. Holdback teams that use to dominate no longer do. They struggle to compete, against players they use to dominate. They are exposed for what they have always been. Substandard lacrosse players, who are sons of substandard lacrosse dads.

The above is harsh and the ramblings of a delusional parent trying to justify the inability of their son to compete in sports. Folks do not complain about a kid who was born in May who struggles to walk and chew gum at the same time while playing in the neighborhood rec league. No, the focus of the holdback derangement syndrome is focused on the same aged kid who happens to be 6” taller then other kids his age (thanks mom and dad for the tall gene), is a natural athlete that is equally strong with stick in his left or right hand that is also self driven and is on a wall or cage 5 days per week.

According to what you said it is only a matter of time that the later “substandard lacrosse player” is exposed and suffers complete collapse as all the other kids who, as a youth, lack one, some or all of the skills needed to shine in the game majestically rise to become the dominate player. Yes all kids will grow and improve. This fact does not equate to the collapse of the kid who is a stand out at 11 or 12 or him being exposed as being substandard.

As a long time coach who tries to build teams with known or data driven factors I would be inclined to bet on a kid in 7th grade who runs faster then most of his peers, is 5’9” with a mom who stands say at 5’8”, can manage his stick like a magician and shoots left or right at 70moh+ then a kid who is 5’3” and lacks a few of the skills needed to play the game at a high level.

Not a substandard lacrosse dad.... just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You wrote: EVERYTHING changes the spring of 8th grade. Holdback teams that use to dominate no longer do. They struggle to compete, against players they use to dominate. They are exposed for what they have always been. Substandard lacrosse players, who are sons of substandard lacrosse dads.

The above is harsh and the ramblings of a delusional parent trying to justify the inability of their son to compete in sports. Folks do not complain about a kid who was born in May who struggles to walk and chew gum at the same time while playing in the neighborhood rec league. No, the focus of the holdback derangement syndrome is focused on the same aged kid who happens to be 6” taller then other kids his age (thanks mom and dad for the tall gene), is a natural athlete that is equally strong with stick in his left or right hand that is also self driven and is on a wall or cage 5 days per week.

According to what you said it is only a matter of time that the later “substandard lacrosse player” is exposed and suffers complete collapse as all the other kids who, as a youth, lack one, some or all of the skills needed to shine in the game majestically rise to become the dominate player. Yes all kids will grow and improve. This fact does not equate to the collapse of the kid who is a stand out at 11 or 12 or him being exposed as being substandard.

As a long time coach who tries to build teams with known or data driven factors I would be inclined to bet on a kid in 7th grade who runs faster then most of his peers, is 5’9” with a mom who stands say at 5’8”, can manage his stick like a magician and shoots left or right at 70moh+ then a kid who is 5’3” and lacks a few of the skills needed to play the game at a high level.

Not a substandard lacrosse dad.... just saying...
I assume the OP didn't literally mean everything changes. I am also a longtime coach and I think almost everything other coach and parent on here understands that you are going to take the bigger, stronger, faster kid with stick skills over the other 5'3" player you described. What I think is important though is that if your on-age kid is 5'3" with stick skills and speed but hasn't yet hit his growth spurt to have the size and strength, don't give up as if/when the size/strength comes a year later, he will catch up. Also is you have an on-age kid who is 5'9" 150 lbs, but is new to the game and willing to work, your son can catch up in the stick skills dept if he puts in the time and effort. I've had many holdbacks over the years who did make a top team as they were a year older, but never have I nor would I suggest a parent hold a kid back purely for lax...once you get to high school ages things tend to even out so you need to do what's best for your boy in the non-lax world. Also, parents going through this process the first time, don't let people convince you colleges only want holdbacks. I have many college coaches who prefer the highly skilled 17 yr old with potential over the 20 yr old holdback PG who has has hit their peak and won't listen to coaching at the college level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach, I agree with everything you just wrote. The original poster insinuated that “the holdback would be exposed as a sub-standard player” as he entered high school. All kids will grow and develop. The 5’3” kid will grow and get better and many will, as you wrote, catch up and become great players. The point I was trying to make is that this outcome does not necessarily negate the talent or effort of the kid who was more dominate in middle school there by exposing him as being substandard.

If I could wave a magic wand and get a wish related to this board I would wish that every parent embrace middle school lacrosse as a time for their kids to learn, develops and grow. Holdbacks or no, the kids with the athleticism and passion for the game will go the furthest in the game. In the meantime let’s stop beating up programs and kids for where they are in their development as people and players.

Can I get an amen to that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please give a description of a substandard lacrosse Dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
substandard lacrosse dad: (noun) 1. description used by a parent or guardian of a child that plays the sport of lacrosse to describe the parent or guardian of another child who is visibly better at lacrosse then their child. (adverb) 2. a term often used by parents suffering from acute low self-worth lacrosse derangement syndrome.

“That big, fast kid who scored 3 goals in the first half against my son playing pole has only exposed that he has a substandard lacrosse dad”

“If only my son could compete against that kid I would feel better about myself and could stop using the substandard lacrosse dad excuse to make me feel better.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well done. It needs to be included in the sports regular vernacular in the same way phrases like crease crank and yard sale are used. Maybe shorten it to SLD. It could be used as follows: “Man that kid is really quick and can consistently ring the top shelf. Clearly the product of good coaches and an SLD.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, wait.....so it is a Dad who accuses players who play against his son to be substandard? I thought it was a Dad who played lacrosse himself and was only a substandard player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, wait.....so it is a Dad who accuses players who play against his son to be substandard? I thought it was a Dad who played lacrosse himself and was only a substandard player.
yeah, I'm confused...I thought it was a clear insult, but you guys are making it look like a compliment. If you are substandard it has to be a negative imo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, an SLD is an ironic/satirical description. A regular lax dad probably peaked in high school and lives vicariously through his son. The SLD is a normal, rational person whose son id really good at lax but both he and his son have other things going on in their life so they frustrate the typical lax dad.

Page 2 of 73 1 2 3 4 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard