BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 72 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone’s kid ever moved off an alternate or wait list. My son (young) is there, which is especially “fun” during a covid year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The core players are sticking together. To remind you, this team is ranked #2 in the world at World Series. Need any more proof?

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)
After finishing second in the WSYL East Qualifier, BBL Elite looked to prove they were indeed a title contender and one of the top programs in the world. BBL went on an incredible run, finishing 5-0 in pool play and routing No. 8 Evolve Elite Ontario 16-3 in the Quarterfinals. BBL Elite eventually fell to Team 91 Wolfpack in the Semifinals in what would be Team 91’s narrowest margin of victory in the entire Championship Series (8-5). BBL proved to be an offensive force throughout the event, scoring a combined 90 goals in seven games. BBL was led by WSYL scoring leading Cody Lam, who tallied 25 goals and four assists. He also had the help of his two other attackmen Daniel Dalessandro (15G, 6A) and Christian Schweiger (9G, 17A). Previous Rank: 7
That was a long time ago. It all changes in high school.
This has to be a kid on the BBL team.

Anybody that throws out WSYL rankings a year later is pathetic... 91 Bandits was the best 2023 team...look at how they have done since then, they revamped the team with some holdbacks and still get smacked in the NLF. The core will stick together until something better comes along, and if you think that there is nothing better out there, you are delusional..wait until a few kids go and "guest" play for another club.
So you're saying your club team will roll in NLF bec they were never ranked anywhere ever? I'll have my popcorn ready.

Not sure what you are saying, but clearly you are missing the point. WSYL rankings are meaningless and have no bearing on, the success of a team in the future, or whether a kid will stay or leave. Despite what a parent may tell you on the sideline, every parent is always evaluating whether there is a better opportunity out there for their kid. Bottom line is that I would not necessarily count on all of those kids sticking together forever, I assure you that some will leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The core players are sticking together. To remind you, this team is ranked #2 in the world at World Series. Need any more proof?

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)
After finishing second in the WSYL East Qualifier, BBL Elite looked to prove they were indeed a title contender and one of the top programs in the world. BBL went on an incredible run, finishing 5-0 in pool play and routing No. 8 Evolve Elite Ontario 16-3 in the Quarterfinals. BBL Elite eventually fell to Team 91 Wolfpack in the Semifinals in what would be Team 91’s narrowest margin of victory in the entire Championship Series (8-5). BBL proved to be an offensive force throughout the event, scoring a combined 90 goals in seven games. BBL was led by WSYL scoring leading Cody Lam, who tallied 25 goals and four assists. He also had the help of his two other attackmen Daniel Dalessandro (15G, 6A) and Christian Schweiger (9G, 17A). Previous Rank: 7
I hope it was a kid and not a parent or someone associated with the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there BBL Black and Helix 2026 kids leaving?

No one is leaving black. It is the best team in NJ. Helix is a B team, Those kids are the 20-40 best kids in that program, so maybe some of them will move on but not sure any of the elite teams would want them, so likely still best to stay with Helix as it provides more opportunities than a traditional B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

Anybody that throws out WSYL rankings a year later is pathetic... 91 Bandits was the best 2023 team...look at how they have done since then, they revamped the team with some holdbacks and still get smacked in the NLF. The core will stick together until something better comes along, and if you think that there is nothing better out there, you are delusional..wait until a few kids go and "guest" play for another club.
So you're saying your club team will roll in NLF bec they were never ranked anywhere ever? I'll have my popcorn ready.

Not sure what you are saying, but clearly you are missing the point. WSYL rankings are meaningless and have no bearing on, the success of a team in the future, or whether a kid will stay or leave. Despite what a parent may tell you on the sideline, every parent is always evaluating whether there is a better opportunity out there for their kid. Bottom line is that I would not necessarily count on all of those kids sticking together forever, I assure you that some will leave.

Ok let me explain it like you're five. You are saying rankings are totally meaningless. So a top ranked team playing your unranked (and will never crack any ranking) team should not matter and you have a shot. ok got it. Your narrative fits the level of your club team. For that, I don't blame you for keep telling yourself that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone’s kid ever moved off an alternate or wait list. My son (young) is there, which is especially “fun” during a covid year.

I have heard some kids being moved off. Usually it is because offers are made to kids who then say no and they move them off the wait list. However, there are lots of places to play, with more clubs starting every day, so your son, especially if he is young, should be able to find a place to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mad Dog getting neutered, losing players again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three 2026 BBL players, an attack, a middie and a goalie left BBL for Towermen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is leaving black. It is the best team in NJ. Helix is a B team, Those kids are the 20-40 best kids in that program, so maybe some of them will move on but not sure any of the elite teams would want them, so likely still best to stay with Helix as it provides more opportunities than a traditional B team.

No matter what the BBL parents say, kids are leaving BBL for other clubs, including Towermen, Leading Edge and others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Towermen seemed pretty set at attack and goalie this summer. Wonder where the departing Towermen attackmen and goalie went?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody that throws out WSYL rankings a year later is pathetic... 91 Bandits was the best 2023 team...look at how they have done since then, they revamped the team with some holdbacks and still get smacked in the NLF. The core will stick together until something better comes along, and if you think that there is nothing better out there, you are delusional..wait until a few kids go and "guest" play for another club.[/quote]
So you're saying your club team will roll in NLF bec they were never ranked anywhere ever? I'll have my popcorn ready.[/quote]

Not sure what you are saying, but clearly you are missing the point. WSYL rankings are meaningless and have no bearing on, the success of a team in the future, or whether a kid will stay or leave. Despite what a parent may tell you on the sideline, every parent is always evaluating whether there is a better opportunity out there for their kid. Bottom line is that I would not necessarily count on all of those kids sticking together forever, I assure you that some will leave.[/quote]

Ok let me explain it like you're five. You are saying rankings are totally meaningless. So a top ranked team playing your unranked (and will never crack any ranking) team should not matter and you have a shot. ok got it. Your narrative fits the level of your club team. For that, I don't blame you for keep telling yourself that.[/quote]

Perhaps the five year-old can clear it up for you, rankings from the WSYL from over a year ago are meaningless, much like the WSYL and US Club lacrosse rankings in general. That being said, while flawed in their own right, at least the US Club lacrosse rankings show all teams as opposed to the WSYL created "on-age" teams. Perhaps if you stopped taking is personally, as if you were 14 and on the team, you would be able to understand all of this big kid talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody that throws out WSYL rankings a year later is pathetic... 91 Bandits was the best 2023 team...look at how they have done since then, they revamped the team with some holdbacks and still get smacked in the NLF. The core will stick together until something better comes along, and if you think that there is nothing better out there, you are delusional..wait until a few kids go and "guest" play for another club.[/quote]
So you're saying your club team will roll in NLF bec they were never ranked anywhere ever? I'll have my popcorn ready.[/quote]

Not sure what you are saying, but clearly you are missing the point. WSYL rankings are meaningless and have no bearing on, the success of a team in the future, or whether a kid will stay or leave. Despite what a parent may tell you on the sideline, every parent is always evaluating whether there is a better opportunity out there for their kid. Bottom line is that I would not necessarily count on all of those kids sticking together forever, I assure you that some will leave.[/quote]

Ok let me explain it like you're five. You are saying rankings are totally meaningless. So a top ranked team playing your unranked (and will never crack any ranking) team should not matter and you have a shot. ok got it. Your narrative fits the level of your club team. For that, I don't blame you for keep telling yourself that.[/quote]

Yet, after all of that success, they were ranked 14 in US Club lacrosse pre-season rankings this year...much different when you put all the big clubs in the mix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok let me explain it like you're five. You are saying rankings are totally meaningless. So a top ranked team playing your unranked (and will never crack any ranking) team should not matter and you have a shot. ok got it. Your narrative fits the level of your club team. For that, I don't blame you for keep telling yourself that.

Yet, after all of that success, they were ranked 14 in US Club lacrosse pre-season rankings this year...much different when you put all the big clubs in the mix.

Wow. BBL is clearly in your head. You had to research rankings. That's great. By the way, did you find your son's team? I didn't think so. I won't call you pathetic. I actually feel sorry for you. I can picture you pecking away on your keyboard with two fingers googling stuff. You can't even figure out how to do a proper reply in this forum. Classic boomer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would somebody mind breaking down the debate for me? I got lost a few messages ago and ...oh wait. I don't care. please continue to waste your time with this debate. Better you write it all down here than infect other real humans with it in the real world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. BBL is clearly in your head. You had to research rankings. That's great. By the way, did you find your son's team? I didn't think so. I won't call you pathetic. I actually feel sorry for you. I can picture you pecking away on your keyboard with two fingers googling stuff. You can't even figure out how to do a proper reply in this forum. Classic boomer.

Not a lot of research needed, I saw them play at NAL. Point is, no need to come on here, brag about the team and post meaningless rankings, the team will earn whatever respect they deserve on the field. Just enjoy watching your son play, the results may not be the best all of the time, but hopefully your son is enjoying the experience. As you saw this summer, the competition gets really tough, but that can be a good character building experience for your son and the rest of the team if they put things into perspective. Unfortunately, when the results are not what you hoped for, despite playing a very hard schedule, kids and parents get frustrated and start to explore whether the grass is greener elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would somebody mind breaking down the debate for me? I got lost a few messages ago and ...oh wait. I don't care. please continue to waste your time with this debate. Better you write it all down here than infect other real humans with it in the real world.
What are you talking about. This board has been crickets for many months before these arguments. Are you not entertained? Go ahead prof, tell us what's on your mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE & Blue Star 2024 would both beat BBL by 5 with the teams they are putting together. United might beat BBL if the Shore lefty says with his real team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mad Dog getting neutered, losing players again
I'm not sure anyone cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE & Blue Star 2024 would both beat BBL by 5 with the teams they are putting together. United might beat BBL if the Shore lefty says with his real team.

what a crazy comment. "Real Team"? No idea who this comment is directed at, but it sounds like the "Shore Lefty" is leaving one team to go to another. This dude is making it sound like the "Shore Lefty" signed a timeshare contract that he can't get out of!!!

I'd also love to know what types of teams LE and BS are "putting together"? Is this dude driving all over the great state of New Jersey peeping in on 2024 tryouts?

Bottom line... this dude is creepy no mattter how you look at it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take Bluestar out of it. They're nothing but a glorified town team. But now we're talking. 20204 Leading Edge vs BBL this fall. Newly built teams. Hope this happens. Bluestar players should be invited to watch and learn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take Bluestar out of it. They're nothing but a glorified town team. But now we're talking. 20204 Leading Edge vs BBL this fall. Newly built teams. Hope this happens. Bluestar players should be invited to watch and learn.
Oh snap!!!! BS on notice! We need someone to come up in here and defend blue stars honor!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh snap!!!! BS on notice! We need someone to come up in here and defend blue stars honor!
BS? .. never mind.. also, defend honor by beating these teams. something that will NEVER happen. actually, beat 3d first then come back here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does anybody need to defend anything, it's a ridiculous discussion. While the true test would be if the teams played, unfortunately, these clubs do not like to play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone from BBL will be at the tryout today. No 2026 players are going anywhere especially neither of their goalies and certainly none of there top attackman or middie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does anybody need to defend anything, it's a ridiculous discussion. While the true test would be if the teams played, unfortunately, these clubs do not like to play each other.
It would be nice to have an all NJ tournament so that we don't have to travel and quarantine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone from BBL will be at the tryout today. No 2026 players are going anywhere especially neither of their goalies and certainly none of there top attackman or middie.
Not accouding to the money they have already paid another club!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard kids leaving for LE and towermen.
But who knows. Bbl black 2026 top on that age group.

I also heard that bbl is creating 3 teams. Is that correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please...we already know that the "other club" provides scholarships so these studs don't have to fork over any bread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please...we already know that the "other club" provides scholarships so these studs don't have to fork over any bread.
People leaving BBL not go to BBL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What "other club" is providing scholarships

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard 50 kids at bbl tryout for 2 teams. I guess we will see how it goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. The grammar and spelling on this thread is impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It appeared to be closer to 60 kids. 7 goalies trying out, 15 defenders or LSM, 15 attackmen, 20 middies, and at least 4 FOGOs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like kids want to come play for BBL. My son, who played BBL this summer said he heard that there were kids from United, Leading Edge, Riot (including a goalie), a middie from 2-way and a goalie from Towermen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But that’s for 2 teams right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It appeared to be closer to 60 kids. 7 goalies trying out, 15 defenders or LSM, 15 attackmen, 20 middies, and at least 4 FOGOs.

I also heard BBL is making investments to improve their HS college recruitment program. When this happens, Leading Edge will lose its edge in this area. No pun intended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL rising HS freshmen Black team callback tryout tomorrow. This is the same team that put NJ lacrosse on the map at World Series. If you want to see what a hotly contested tryout looks like, bring a lawn chair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No skin in the game here but doesn’t 2024 BBL have two teams already. That would have be close to 50 kids just between them. Please correct me if I’m mistaken I’m not like these other people on here who get all crazy.

P.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was for 2 teams for 2026 and they do have 2 teams already. I don’t think everyone was there from current teams though. But yes, that means a lot of those kids were current players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No skin in the game here but doesn’t 2024 BBL have two teams already. That would have be close to 50 kids just between them. Please correct me if I’m mistaken I’m not like these other people on here who get all crazy.

P.
They currently have two teams: Black and Helix

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 72 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard