BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse - Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Week 4 is up.

What about the rest of the weeks. If you need help reach out to the towns to see if anyone is willing to help. Do you realize you are holding families captive for Mother's Day and other lifestyle events that happen in the Spring.

Sorry, I have nothing to do with SCGL. I just check their website often and noticed that Week 4 was there this morning, so I posted it. I'm looking for the rest of the season too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #4 Schedule (April 28th)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come to NCPAL . No scheduling problems. Three divisions in most grades so your team gets placed in a division so you dont get blown out every week. A little more traveling is worth it !

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Come to NCPAL . No scheduling problems. Three divisions in most grades so your team gets placed in a division so you dont get blown out every week. A little more traveling is worth it !
Where is that schedule published? BOTC has been lit up with complaints from the Girls Side of NCPAL for a lack of information. We would love to help that information flow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't care if the schedule isn't published to the masses to see who is playing who.

I just care the schedule is sent to the coaches so they can send their team a schedule of who they are playing. Is that to much to ask.

Is it too late to join NCPAL. Unfortunately I would think so.

Always wished our boys town would have made the switch to NPAL.

Originally Posted by CageSage
Where is that schedule published? BOTC has been lit up with complaints from the Girls Side of NCPAL for a lack of information. We would love to help that information flow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cage, NCPAL doesn't publish the full schedule. A rough draft is sent to girls directors for corrections and then it is sent back to the assigners. . A week later the schedules are posted on the Horizon Web Ref Site and only the coaches and administrators have access to only their teams schedules.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Cage, NCPAL doesn't publish the full schedule. A rough draft is sent to girls directors for corrections and then it is sent back to the assigners. . A week later the schedules are posted on the Horizon Web Ref Site and only the coaches and administrators have access to only their teams schedules.
Thanks for that information, but as a paying customer, do you think you are getting good quality service? Your call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 5 is up - only 3 more to go!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #5 Schedule (May 5th)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rest of the schedule is posted - except that the link for the last week isn't working. Maybe Cage can get it straightened out for us.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #6 Schedule (May 12th)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #7 Schedule (May 19th)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for that information, but as a paying customer, do you think you are getting good quality service? Your call.

Yes NCPAL gets the full season schedule out about ten days before the season starts. All games are scheduled except for the end of the season jamborie. we usually get that in the middle of May.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the ESM 6 th grade coach , yes you have some legitimate points in regard to the middle country 6 th grade program but unfortunately your past behavior makes your complaining about another coach seem dramatic.You seem to have issues with many other programs and I have seen it first hand, and your behavior at times has been out of control even within your own program against other parents.That being said the middle country coach is a clown and the smartest thing he has done is to not come onto this site to defend the indefensible.Keep using players from other towns ie bayshore your town players should be so proud.Your stall tactic in 6 th grade is a joke and makes you and the patens in your program look ridiculous. To the good parents at middle country , and there are many, if you lay down with dogs you are going to get fleas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A town team program should be about the development of the player.......Middle Country 6th grade team I believe is no longer a town team, but a team filled with TG players......what are they accomplishing when they beat up on a true town team that is not filled with YJ or TG players....sad that a coach has an ego so big that they must win at the cost of the player, and the opposing team! This particular 6th grade team has been like this for years, and they still have 2 more years in the system....I believe it is time for this coach to step aside, his behavior has been questioned for years. I am sure he has had many complaints, that seem to go unanswered. SCGL is a venue for girls to develop as players, mature and learn the game...it isn't an elite travel program where you have to prove your the best of the best........take that to another field MC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A town team program should be about the development of the player.......Middle Country 6th grade team I believe is no longer a town team, but a team filled with TG players......what are they accomplishing when they beat up on a true town team that is not filled with YJ or TG players....sad that a coach has an ego so big that they must win at the cost of the player, and the opposing team! This particular 6th grade team has been like this for years, and they still have 2 more years in the system....I believe it is time for this coach to step aside, his behavior has been questioned for years. I am sure he has had many complaints, that seem to go unanswered. SCGL is a venue for girls to develop as players, mature and learn the game...it isn't an elite travel program where you have to prove your the best of the best........take that to another field MC!

Actually you are wrong ,just because many if not most play travel is no reason to exclude them from scgl and they have a place which is in the A division which is where they are.Obviously ESM has no business being in the A division and her anger should be directed at whoever put them there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying there are bay shore 6th grade kids playing both bay shore and mc. If that is the case that is wrong. What's up with that?

Actually you are wrong ,just because many if not most play travel is no reason to exclude them from scgl and they have a place which is in the A division which is where they are.Obviously ESM has no business being in the A division and her anger should be directed at whoever put them there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays for Middle Country and we have one girl on our team, ONE, who is not from Middle Country. Our coach is friends with her parents and when he found out she didn't have a place to play that matched her talent level he offered her a place to play. So you can all go on and try to put down the rest of the girls on our team who practice four times a week and give it everything they have, but we know it's just sour grapes. To say that we have been doing this for years is just a total lie! I have never once answered anything on this site, but could not control my anger at these lies. My daughter has been on this team for four years and this is the first time we have evr had a player not from Middle Country play in any Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse games with us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is scgl a PAL organization or a private league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe SCGL should play under the PAL umbrella....at least in PAL rules are followed, and there is zero tolerance for bad behavior on the sidelines from both coaches and parents....as for your "friend" that plays with MC and isn't a member of the community..........that should never be allowed, sorry MC your wrong and your behavior present and past is shameful....who cares how much you practice and how good you think you are, it is your arrogance and sideline behavior that people are referring to.....unethical to say the least!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays for Middle Country and we have one girl on our team, ONE, who is not from Middle Country. Our coach is friends with her parents and when he found out she didn't have a place to play that matched her talent level he offered her a place to play. So you can all go on and try to put down the rest of the girls on our team who practice four times a week and give it everything they have, but we know it's just sour grapes. To say that we have been doing this for years is just a total lie! I have never once answered anything on this site, but could not control my anger at these lies. My daughter has been on this team for four years and this is the first time we have evr had a player not from Middle Country play in any Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse games with us.

Practice 4 times a week in 6th grade? Crazy!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me a break, he took her on your team because she is a good player ,if she were a lesser player she would not have been asked to play with you so stop the bs. I could not care less about the kid but have seen your stall mode which is a disgrace at the scgl 6 th grade level .I have also seen one of your players showing up the ref with horrible sportsmanship while your coach laughed.It is those type actions that make your coach look like a jerk. To have a team passing the ball back and run behind your own goal to stall when there is no checking or triple teaming the ball for 10-15 minutes is disgraceful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you couldargue this point for hours should a town team be allowed to have other girls play for them? is it fair to the girls that live in that comunity? is it fair to the other teams they play? The bottom line is that this is happening and not just in mc but other programs as well. But when they get to high school they play with those girls in their community and playing together only makes the team stronger just one persons point of view

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO. Town youth sports are the feeder programs for your Varsity teams. Ringers are only brought in because a coach wants little Suzie to win at all costs. In doing so they may win games at the Youth level but how does that translate to the HS level? Why any town team would want a player from another town to play on thier team and take potential playing time away from a girl that one day will play on their Varsity team is cheating every girl in the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is perfect example why mid country doesnt win anything at varsity level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a record that is much better than a lot of other teams in Div 1 and play a very tough schedule. They also make the playoffs every year which again half of the teams do not do in Div 1. There is only one top team in Div 1 that makes it past counties. What about those teams that lose in playoffs, of which there will be 11? Are you only a "good" team if you get to a state final?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a record that is much better than a lot of other teams in Div 1 and play a very tough schedule. They also make the playoffs every year which again half of the teams do not do in Div 1. There is only one top team in Div 1 that makes it past counties. What about those teams that lose in playoffs, of which there will be 11? Are you only a "good" team if you get to a state final?

What is MC playoff record in the last 5 years? Do they last a couple of rounds or are they one and done?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
over the past 4 or 5 years they end up around 8 seed, win first playoff game then end up playing bayshore or northport who typically are seeded#1 (that’s how it goes when seeded 8 or 9)- if they are seeded say higher or lower then better chance to win 2nd playoff game, or maybe 3rd - MC girls lax have had winning records past 4 or 5 years , make playoffs and do well - give it a break - this year they lost a few key players who graduated - they are a young team and again are in the top 8, what more can you say, they play in the toughest division and are successful...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
over the past 4 or 5 years they end up around 8 seed, win first playoff game then end up playing bayshore or northport who typically are seeded#1 (that’s how it goes when seeded 8 or 9)- if they are seeded say higher or lower then better chance to win 2nd playoff game, or maybe 3rd - MC girls lax have had winning records past 4 or 5 years , make playoffs and do well - give it a break - this year they lost a few key players who graduated - they are a young team and again are in the top 8, what more can you say, they play in the toughest division and are successful...

Sounds like a nice team that competes with the middle of the pack, beats up on the bottom teams and can't get over the hump against the quality programs. So getting back to the original point of this thread.... It all starts at the youth level. Develope your town players and stop with the ringers and maybe you will get past the Bayshore's & Northport's in the second round.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
last 5 years, barely a 500 team. only teams they beat regularly are brentwood, copaigue pat med, longwood, commack, these teams combined have 6 wins. never beat northport, ward melville, east islip, and other top teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
last 5 years, barely a 500 team. only teams they beat regularly are brentwood, copaigue pat med, longwood, commack, these teams combined have 6 wins. never beat northport, ward melville, east islip, and other top teams

Go hate on someone else. These hard-working varsity players have done nothing to you. Have a little self respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has nothing to do with the Varsity players . It is a reflection of the youth issue of using ringers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They had an impressive win when they beat West Islip earlier this year. The varsity team is very young with 4 eighth graders and two ninth graders who all came up through the youth program. They have several tenth graders including one of the top girls in the country and only a few upper classman, so the future looks pretty bright.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has nothing to do with the Varsity players . It is a reflection of the youth issue of using ringers.

Sounds like sour grapes already. If winning and losing isn't that important to you, why do you continue to harp on it. How bad could they have beaten you? Let it go my friend. It's just little girls lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]This has nothing to do with the Varsity players . It is a reflection of the youth issue of using ringers.

Sounds like sour grapes already. If winning and losing isn't that important to you, why do you continue to harp on it. How bad could they have beaten you? Let it go my friend. It's just little girls lacrosse. [/quote

Cheating should not be tolerated even if score is not kept. You are correct it is little kids lacrosse so the lessons he teaches the kids on his team be it cheating is okay or win at all costs by stalling is wrong even if you feel the outcome does not matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you please stop bringing the girls into it they go out and practice hard every week and you look like a real a-- when u speak about kids as if they are cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you please stop bringing the girls into it they go out and practice hard every week and you look like a real a-- when u speak about kids as if they are cheaters.

No one said the girls are cheaters, the only ones that look like a-- are parents like yourself who let your kids be coached by someone who you know is teaching them the wrong things about sportsmanship.Yes stop bringing the girls into a conversation about suffolk county girls lacrosse, that makes sense.You want people to stop talking about your daughters team then dont play for a coach who cheats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok I am replying one last time and this is it. If you feed into this mess it only gets worse, but her is the truth the mc team has been undefeated for almost 4 yrs with only our town girls this yr a young lady needed a place to play so our coaches let her legally play with us. Now if thats not good enough u r a very sad person

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok I am replying one last time and this is it. If you feed into this mess it only gets worse, but her is the truth the mc team has been undefeated for almost 4 yrs with only our town girls this yr a young lady needed a place to play so our coaches let her legally play with us. Now if thats not good enough u r a very sad person

Undefeated for 4 years, how did you do in Riverhead last weekend at the charity tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you bragg about being undefeated for the past 4 years, but your team is filled with TG players, so who is taking the credit for your wins TG coaches or MC coaches...MC just playing under a TG umbrella

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard