BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 97 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Since I have no direct contact with 2023 teams, there is no reason to disagree with your list, based upon each program's reputations.

Also, I'd like to start some chatter for all of the Boys programs throughout Westchester, since not every player is an AA caliber player.

Club programs that I'm aware of:

PrimeTime,
Eclipse,
Predators,
2Way,
Express North (Pearsall, Brameier and others?),
CT Wolves,
Team 91 Tristate,
Bombers,
Westchester Warriors,
Pride,
Gargoyle,
Ultimate Orange
Swashbucklers, and
845 North

What other programs are out there not on the list?

Sorry Rockland, just not familiar with your side.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranking the 2024's

1. Primetime
2. Eclipse
3. Express North Schreiber
4. 2-Way
5. Preds
6. 91 Tri-State
7. Eclipse AA
8. Express North Lawrence
9. Pride
10 Rest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt
Since I have no direct contact with 2023 teams, there is no reason to disagree with your list, based upon each program's reputations.

Also, I'd like to start some chatter for all of the Boys programs throughout Westchester, since not every player is an AA caliber player.

PrimeTime,
Eclipse,
Predators,
2Way,
CT Wolves,
Team 91 Tristate,
Bombers,
Westchester Warriors,
Pride,
Gargoyle,
Ultimate Orange
Swashbucklers, and
845 North

Good idea ... all players/clubs ranked

Ranking of all 2023 teams
1. PrimeTime
2. Eclipse
3. Predators
4. 2Way
5. Express North best
6. CT Wolves
7. Express North next
8. Swashbucklers
9. 91TS
10. Pride (did they have a 2023 team this summer?)
11. Warriors
12. Bombers (do they still operate?)
13. 845
never heard of Ultimate Orange, Gargoyles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Westchester-Fairfield All-Star game makes way too much sense so it will never happen. Plus there is no $ in it for whomever organizes the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since most of our kids will play D3 why isn't there any discussion on the 2nd tier teams in Westchester/Fairfield?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Clearly your not paying attention, as I specifically brought up all club teams, not just the AA programs.

Further to another response, Ultimate Orange, is lead by Matt Caione (Y-town/Cuse) and they did take the 2020 season off due to covid.

Pride seems like an upcoming program.

Warriors, have been around a long time, but doesn't seem to raise the team/player levels.

Bombers, as per the Instagram, are doing well.

It's a shame that 91 Tristate 2023 team has dropped so much.

Can we get anyone else to contribute in a meaningful way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did players leave or get passed by others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Express North 2027?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Clearly your not paying attention, as I specifically brought up all club teams, not just the AA programs.

Further to another response, Ultimate Orange, is lead by Matt Caione (Y-town/Cuse) and they did take the 2020 season off due to covid.

Pride seems like an upcoming program.

Warriors, have been around a long time, but doesn't seem to raise the team/player levels.

Bombers, as per the Instagram, are doing well.

It's a shame that 91 Tristate 2023 team has dropped so much.

Can we get anyone else to contribute in a meaningful way.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thoughts on Express North 2027?

After the 2019 season, I heard that they scrapped the entire team. I have not heard anything about this summer's 2027 team.

Also, Express North had its share of turnover from the 2019 season with 2026 Lemma and 2023 Kuczma.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on PrimeTime 2027?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thoughts on PrimeTime 2027?

From my experience, PT's coaching staff, Nic Daniello & Jackie/Stef are outstanding.

I know at least one parent of a 2027 PT player and he always spoke highly of the coaches, players and parents; it was a "good group".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I saw on Instagram they won a tournament this summer. Team is Zusi (or something like that)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since most of our kids will play D3 why isn't there any discussion on the 2nd tier teams in Westchester/Fairfield?

Uh, the top tier teams in the area send players to D3 (and D1 and D2). The lower tier club team players aren't playing in college. Seems like everyone who plays club think they will play in college.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Uh, the top tier teams in the area send players to D3 (and D1 and D2). The lower tier club team players aren't playing in college. Seems like everyone who plays club think they will play in college.

Wrong; last week, Westchester Warriors announced that Eugene Dilorenzo (Somers) is playing at D3 Virginia Wesleyan. Yes, it is only one player; but no need to detest the lower tier programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the overall program good for player development? I don’t know too much about them.

What about Eclipse and Prime Time? Do they work with the kids to develop them as players? Or do they expect the kids to do all of the work outside and show up to “win”?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you imagine the catastrophe if Colsey's kids play D2 or D3.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is the overall program good for player development? I don’t know too much about them.

What about Eclipse and Prime Time? Do they work with the kids to develop them as players? Or do they expect the kids to do all of the work outside and show up to “win”?

Programs like PT develop players to work within their systems and do not keep players who are developing. PT expects all players to be starters, even though they are not starters.

For individual development, find a strength/speed trainer and, or a post-graduate college lax player or HS coach,to help your kid.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Could you imagine the catastrophe if Colsey's kids play D2 or D3.

Only time will tell this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North 2027 Zusi won NALF tourney vs top teams in MD prior to quarantine rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His older son is legit. Lights out attack. He will play D1 based on merit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North 2027 Westchester team was completely rebuilt last fall, all new coaches and a new roster. They had a good fall showing but this summer played really well. They won the NALF in PA about a month ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, this is true. With a new roster and coaches they 2027 Express North had a very good summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how are the Predators & 2Way teams and organization?

PrimeTime,
Eclipse,
Predators,
2Way,
CT Wolves,
Team 91 Tristate,
Bombers,
Westchester Warriors,
Pride,
Gargoyle,
Ultimate Orange
Swashbucklers, and
845 North

1. PrimeTime
2. Eclipse
3. Predators
4. 2Way
5. Express North best
6. CT Wolves
7. Express North next
8. Swashbucklers
9. 91TS
11. Warriors
13. 845

How are the Predators & 2Way teams and organization as a whole?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how are the Predators & 2Way teams and organization?

PrimeTime,
Eclipse,
Predators,
2Way,
CT Wolves,
Team 91 Tristate,
Bombers,
Westchester Warriors,
Pride,
Gargoyle,
Ultimate Orange
Swashbucklers, and
845 North

1. PrimeTime
2. Eclipse
3. Predators
4. 2Way
5. Express North best
6. CT Wolves
7. Express North next
8. Swashbucklers
9. 91TS
11. Warriors
13. 845

IMO, Pred's have been progressing in the right direction and is definitely competing against PT. Of course Pred's is overwhelming being run by Yorktown Alum.

2Way is in the second tier of the AA programs in Westchester and Fairfield county. 2Way's website indicates that almost every grade has two teams (an A and B team i suppose); which indicates growth and a larger income flow to the Brunswick coaching staff.

So, I would definitely say Pred's have the advantage in the HV area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Predators & 2Way teams and organization as a whole?[/quote]

IMO, Pred's have been progressing in the right direction and is definitely competing against PT. Of course Pred's is overwhelming being run by Yorktown Alum.

2Way is in the second tier of the AA programs in Westchester and Fairfield county. 2Way's website indicates that almost every grade has two teams (an A and B team i suppose); which indicates growth and a larger income flow to the Brunswick coaching staff.

So, I would definitely say Pred's have the advantage in the HV area.[/quote]

2Way tends to be the richer, holdback prep kids. Preds more HV towns and Yorktown alums. Both chasing PT for top status and gaining but slowly. Preds has better HS age teams and 2Way better youth teams but time will tell if that changes. Both have decent programs but don't go overboard like PT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, I would definitely say Pred's have the advantage in the HV area.[/quote]

2Way tends to be the richer, holdback prep kids. Preds more HV towns and Yorktown alums. Both chasing PT for top status and gaining but slowly. Preds has better HS age teams and 2Way better youth teams but time will tell if that changes. Both have decent programs but don't go overboard like PT.[/quote]

2way is theBrunswick clubl program full of reclassed kids. They have a good year round curriculum and are trying to play at the top level. Unless youre invited by coaches to play your spot is always at risk of a hold back or new prep school kid taking it. 2way has really been building something over the last few years.

Preds are a good local program but seem to be stagnating, all coaches and directors have other careers so are not as invested or organized but they used to draw good talent. The teams below 2023 are not very good at all yet they keep trying to play all the top teams. Preds were early on the scene but have been going backwards imho.

The key question is, how is the program at the age you are looking for and how much do they play and practice. 2way put together a great summer offering while Preds were very limited. 2way has great field access with Brunswick and Greenwich for the winter while Preds are limited.

Express North and CT Wolves will both pass Preds (the Directors are better, more engaged and running the program as a primary purpose) at all age groups while 2way will hold their place based on the prep school pipeline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are so many kids leaving express north 2023 AA for eclipse A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach left for 2026AA. Also The new Eclipse A team is at least as good as old Brameier team. They peaked a couple of years ago but lost their best players to other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach left for 2026AA. Also The new Eclipse A team is at least as good as old Brameier team. They peaked a couple of years ago but lost their best players to other teams.

Seems like a part of LIE North's modus operandi, to not retain players (good ones) or coaches.

Changing subject: Team 91 Tri-state (boys) is conducting a supplement tryout on Aug 26. Team 91 Tri-state is similar to LIE N., as it has name recognition and attractive swag, but struggles to compete against the other top AA hudson valley programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally naive here, but why would Express get rid of good players? I get why some kids might leave to find a better team, but you make it sound like they are deliberately cutting good players. Unless I am misreading. Not being argumentative at all. I’m just so confused by this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally naive here, but why would Express get rid of good players? I get why some kids might leave to find a better team, but you make it sound like they are deliberately cutting good players. Unless I am misreading. Not being argumentative at all. I’m just so confused by this.

My bad, LIE N., has a history of losing many (not all) good players and coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My bad, LIE N doesn't typically get rid of good players. Players (good and bad) and coaches, often leave LIE N., for various reason.

I know of one LIE n., player, who is definitely a very good, was asked not to come back due to his Father's over-involvement. The Father-son combo, has been on three teams in as many seasons (2018-2020). Also, there father was asked not to return to the town recreation program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clarifying. So express north has dad coaches who coach their own kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clarifying. So express north has dad coaches who coach their own kids?

Yes, but not all LIE N teams are set-up like you asked. The Dad-son teams are not limited to LIE N too.

Just to be clear; the father-son situation (3 team in 3 seasons) previously mentioned, the father only coached the town recreation team that his son was on. It was the town rec. program that asked the father to step down from coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about other grades at LIE n but the 2023's are a mess. Total overhaul at AA level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that? Why do people leave Express N (players and coaches)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that? Why do people leave Express N (players and coaches)?

Totally varies by age group. Certain classes are solid with good continuity-- they are the better teams in terms wins/losses. Other classes have a lot of turnover, which is a reflection and cause of weaker teams, ex: 2023 team. When you lose, rotate players in/out every year, you will keep losing as best players jump to other club teams as weaker players replace them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Sec 1 and like to read most of the threads in the Forums.

Noticed the "Long Island Express Lacrosse" thread and the comment made yesterday about state of the LIE's 2nd (level?) teams and how those teams/players don't develop.

I know LIE North is on a smaller scale, compared to the LI market, but I was wondering how many 1st and 2nd level teams are there in LIE North? If you know of them, please include the teams yr, name and where they practice.

It would be nice to know LIE North's market share.

I know that '27 Zusi did well this summer, but i don't know where they practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Sec 1 and like to read most of the threads in the Forums.

Noticed the "Long Island Express Lacrosse" thread and the comment made yesterday about state of the LIE's 2nd (level?) teams and how those teams/players don't develop.

I know LIE North is on a smaller scale, compared to the LI market, but I was wondering how many 1st and 2nd level teams are there in LIE North? If you know of them, please include the teams yr, name and where they practice.

It would be nice to know LIE North's market share.

I know that '27 Zusi did well this summer, but i don't know where they practice.

North stradles the border between Westchester, NY/Fairfield, CT. At the younger levels they have two AA-level teams, one in CT one in NY and then as they get older they streamline down to 1 AA level team with the best of both those teams. They also have an A-level to develop those players that are right on the borderline of AA.

Practices have bounced back and forth this year due to COVID and rules. Darien HS, the old Trinity HS in Stamford and their usual spot at The H School or whever they can find a patch of grass.

Like Reply Quote
Page 70 of 97 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard