BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whitmanun has it locked up

Two of their coaches will be out due to receiving red cards late in the game, for protesting a red received by one of their players. The young lady was getting beat up most of the game and she reacted to a hard foul(understandable but still uncalled for.)

Two points of interest:

1: The dirty tactics on defense are out of control. Players are using butt ends of their crosse, using their hips and legs to slow attackers down, and pushing in the back until they get called for it. I know the officials can't see everything; but one should at the minimum observe off ball play. Some players just lack the skill to play cleanly; fault of coaches to develop players.

2: Thin skinned officials. Emotions will run high during this seasonal point. Someone has to be logical. To card the coaching staff this late in the season makes no sense. A stern warning should have been suffice.

Good luck to Whitman on Monday and in the playoffs. Your goalie is a beast(in a good athletic way!)

I have seen this coach on a couple of occasions. If past experience is an indicator, he most likely deserved it. The time of season is irrelevant. With this time off he can study his rule book!

Reread what I wrote.....coach was defending the dirty play of the opposing defender against his attacker. I was at the game and one certain defender did and has engaged in dirty play all season long....so this coach's rant was warranted. Tuck in the RABBIT EARS and play on!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this the longwood game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The regular season ends today....good luck to the teams who are advancing....and the best to all of the seniors playing either their last hs or lacrosse game. Time sure flew by!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The regular season ends today....good luck to the teams who are advancing....and the best to all of the seniors playing either their last hs or lacrosse game. Time sure flew by!
Nassau Girls Class B playoffs open today, Monday, May 13th. Seven matches on tap with one game scheduled for tomorrow in Section VIII Class B.

Today's matches :

Garden City (#1) vs. Carey (#16)
Lynbrook (#8) vs. Calhoun (#9)
Plainedge (#4) vs. Bethpage (#13)
Long Beach (#5) vs. New Hyde Park (#12)
Wantagh (#3) vs. Herricks (#14)
South Side (#6) vs. Floral Park (#11)
Manhasset (#2) vs. Mepham (#15)

Tomorrow's match :

Hewlett (#7) vs. Division (#10)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Nassau Girls Class B playoffs open today, Monday, May 13th. Seven matches on tap with one game scheduled for tomorrow in Section VIII Class B.

Today's matches :

Garden City (#1) vs. Carey (#16)
Lynbrook (#8) vs. Calhoun (#9)
Plainedge (#4) vs. Bethpage (#13)
Long Beach (#5) vs. New Hyde Park (#12)
Wantagh (#3) vs. Herricks (#14)
South Side (#6) vs. Floral Park (#11)
Manhasset (#2) vs. Mepham (#15)

Tomorrow's match :

Hewlett (#7) vs. Division (#10)

Regular season in Suffolk ends today.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest disappointment in Suffolk Girls Lacrosse is Smithtown East. With all the talent they had how do you miss the playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest disappointment in Suffolk Girls Lacrosse is Smithtown East. With all the talent they had how do you miss the playoffs?
Simple. Finish the season ranked thirteenth in Division I in a playoff system with only twelve seeded spots. If that formula holds, they are the odd-man out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple. Finish the season ranked thirteenth in Division I in a playoff system with only twelve seeded spots. If that formula holds, they are the odd-man out.

Whitman has not beaten one playoff team and they are still on the bubble with 9 wins. The best team they beat had 6 wins, all the rest had 4, 3, 2 , 1 or 0 wins. Its not their fault however if they did play a more difficult schedule they would not be anywhere near the playoffs. They are doing what has to be done, they are beating teams they have to beat.

Teams that dont have much talent, have to play aggressively, only way they have a shot, so the coaches are maximing the ability of the team.

I am not sure if Smithtown East beats them today, if they have enough points to edge Whitman out, but they do have more quality wins than Whitman.

My guess is Whitman loses, still makes the playoffs, which leaves everyone wondering if the system works. Unfortunately Whitman will lose by 15 in the playoffs if they make it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looking at their schedule/results... Losses to Commack, Lindy and WH and not beating any of the "top echelon" teams hurt them. They had to win all the games they were supposed to plus at least one other significant win... My estimation, Commack loss is the big reason their season ends today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really went out on a limb w/ that assessment...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whitman has not beaten one playoff team and they are still on the bubble with 9 wins. The best team they beat had 6 wins, all the rest had 4, 3, 2 , 1 or 0 wins. Its not their fault however if they did play a more difficult schedule they would not be anywhere near the playoffs. They are doing what has to be done, they are beating teams they have to beat.

Teams that dont have much talent, have to play aggressively, only way they have a shot, so the coaches are maximing the ability of the team.

I am not sure if Smithtown East beats them today, if they have enough points to edge Whitman out, but they do have more quality wins than Whitman.

My guess is Whitman loses, still makes the playoffs, which leaves everyone wondering if the system works. Unfortunately Whitman will lose by 15 in the playoffs if they make it.

Whitman beat Commack and Pat Med...That's why they will make playoffs...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aren't quality wins factored into the points system?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Commack has 3 wins and Pat Med has 6, they havent beaten a team with a winning record all year. If they beat East today they should make the playoffs, if they lose they shouldnt be in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why does ... have Smithtown East in front of Whitman, how do they calculate things differently?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look at netplay there are points are on their under standings. I haven't seen a 10 point swing in a contest where the winner received 5 quality points and the loser lost 5 points.

I guess we will have to wait until manana.

Commack has 3 wins and Pat Med has 6, they havent beaten a team with a winning record all year. If they beat East today they should make the playoffs, if they lose they shouldnt be in.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Monday, May 13th Results

Nassau County Class B Playoffs

Garden City (#1) over Carey (#16), 15-2
Manhasset (#2) over Mapham (#15), 18-3
Wantagh (#3) over Herricks (#14), 23-5 (Halftime 16-2)
Plainedge (#4) over Bethpage (#13), 18-8
Long Beach (#5) over New Hyde Park (#12), 17-4
South Side (#6) over Floral Park (#11), 13-8
Calhoun (#9) over Lynbrook (#8), 14-13

Other Results

East Islip edges Northport, 11-10
St. Anthony's over Kellenberg, 15-2
Ward Melville over Sachem East, 14-6
St. John the Baptist over Holy Trinity, 18-10
Lindenhurst over North Babylon, 13-7
Floyd over Riverhead, 20-10
St. Dominic over Mary Louis, 16-7
Smithtown East over Whitman, 11-8
Huntington over Hampton Bays, 18-2 (14-1 Halftime)
Middle Country over Longwood, 20-11
Patchogue-Medford over Connetquot, 15-11
Hauppauge over Brentwood, 16-4
Commack over Copiague, 13-1
St. Mary's over St. Francis Prep, 15-14
West Islip over West Babylon, 13-12
Bay Shore over Shoreham-Wading River, 8-4

Highlights

No. 4 Plainedge 18, No. 13 Bethpage 8: Jacqueline Kennedy had four goals and Nicole Ceraso had three goals to lead No. 4 Plainedge (7-7) over No. 13 Bethpage in the first round of the Nassau Class B Playoffs. Plainedge will face the winner of No. 5 Long Beach vs. No. 12 New Hyde Park in the quarterfinals on Thursday at Plainedge at 4:30 p.m.

Garden City 15, Carey 2: Krista Dampman had three goals to lead No. 1 Garden City (15-1) in its Nassau Class B first round win over No. 16 Carey.

Manhasset 18, Mepham 3: Christina Manis had three goals and two assists to lead No. 2 Manhasset (12-3) over No. 15 Mepham (9-7) in the first round of the Nassau Class B playoffs. Manhasset plays the winner of No. 7 Hewlett/No. 10 Division, Thursday, in a quarterfinal game.

Long Beach 17, New Hyde Park 4: Hannah Sofield had three goals to lead No. 5 Long Beach (5-10) in its Nassau Class B first round win over No. 12 New Hyde Park (3-12). Kaylee Callahan and Melissa Rubin each had two goals and an assist.

Calhoun 14, Lynbrook 13: Nora Charidah scored five goals to lead No. 9 Calhoun over No. 8 Lynbrook in a Class B first round playoff game. Charidah's fifth goal put Calhoun up three with less than four minutes left.Calhoun (11-3) advanced to the quarterfinals and will play No. 1 Garden City on Thursday at 4:30.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Sachem East. 13th place ,not in the playoffs. So much for them becoming a force in Suffolk Can't beat a winning team. Don't hear there boisterous parents now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey cage can you send out updated standings after today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 13 - WB 12 final

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Islip...awesome!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clarification with regards to the Whitman coaches red cards. After the Whitman player received her red card (she was being roughed up without calls, but no excuse for her rage) the assistant coach received a red card. That's it. No other cards issued.

However, when an assistant coach gets a red card, the head coach must leave also. Both coaches must sit out the next game. I clarified that with the referee after the game.

The assistant who got the red card is the most mild mannered man. he tried to protect his player and walked on the field. Red card. There was no bad language, poor sportsmanship at all. He walked onto the field. The head coach was not directly involved at all.

This is this coaching staff's first year. I'm not sure what "past experience" you are alluding to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say this system is wrong if Whitman makes the playoffs and Smithtown East is left out. Smithtown has 2 wins against what are now considered playoff teams (Sachem East and Whitman) while Whitman has NOT beat anyone in the playoffs. East beat Whitman yesterday which should put them in front and in playoff position. Yes Smithtown lost to Commack a non playoff team, but if that is what is keeping them out, Whitman lost to East which as of now is not in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clarification with regards to the Whitman coaches red cards. After the Whitman player received her red card (she was being roughed up without calls, but no excuse for her rage) the assistant coach received a red card. That's it. No other cards issued.

However, when an assistant coach gets a red card, the head coach must leave also. Both coaches must sit out the next game. I clarified that with the referee after the game.

The assistant who got the red card is the most mild mannered man. he tried to protect his player and walked on the field. Red card. There was no bad language, poor sportsmanship at all. He walked onto the field. The head coach was not directly involved at all.

This is this coaching staff's first year. I'm not sure what "past experience" you are alluding to.

Middle school coach got a red card last week and coached the next game. District knew about it and it was all over social media sites. Varsity no different, my older daughter angry the coach uses the same girl who never wins a draw and 2 defenders from last year are now on offense where they should not be. Sad for the girls that take it seriosly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pitfalls of an unbalanced schedule. League I is too big. Split into sub divisions and go with a straight record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they came in 11th!! they are in the playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are in the playoffs. They came in 11th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Sachem East. 13th place ,not in the playoffs. So much for them becoming a force in Suffolk Can't beat a winning team. Don't hear there boisterous parents now

They came in 11th. They are in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say this system is wrong if Whitman makes the playoffs and Smithtown East is left out. Smithtown has 2 wins against what are now considered playoff teams (Sachem East and Whitman) while Whitman has NOT beat anyone in the playoffs. East beat Whitman yesterday which should put them in front and in playoff position. Yes Smithtown lost to Commack a non playoff team, but if that is what is keeping them out, Whitman lost to East which as of now is not in the playoffs.

Walt Whitman 111.630
Smithtown East 110.920

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Walt Whitman 111.630
Smithtown East 110.920

They got the benefit of a good bounce this year, last year they didnt. It all works out in the end. Good for them they made the playoffs, should have in fairness been Smithtown East, but Whitman did all th teams they should have beaten and East had a bad performance or 2 mixed into some better results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smithtown east is outttttt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you cant beat commack , you dont belong in playoffs, what makes you think you could beat any playoff team. you would be 1 and out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smith east , not enough talent , no playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They may be in the playoffs, but they still are not the Force that the Sachem faithful boasted about at the start of the season. They were handled quite easily by Ward Melville yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They may be in the playoffs, but they still are not the Force that the Sachem faithful boasted about at the start of the season. They were handled quite easily by Ward Melville yesterday.

Maybe so. Not sure where you were getting the 13th place. It was never an issue that they wouldn't make the playoffs. Don't see them going too far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes me think they can beat a playoff team? They already did during the season, 2 to be exact. Can the same be said for Whitman?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok really why pick Commack , they beat Copiague easily but had enough class to not shove it in their face. The Commack coaches and players have a lot of class unlike the riverheads in LAX or any other sport. Kudos to the Copiague girls it was a tough season but they at least played hard all game every game. I want teams like Bay shore and Whitman to have success the players on those teams have class and if Commack was in playoffs I would wish them well also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok really why pick Commack , they beat Copiague easily but had enough class to not shove it in their face. The Commack coaches and players have a lot of class unlike the riverheads in LAX or any other sport. Kudos to the Copiague girls it was a tough season but they at least played hard all game every game. I want teams like Bay shore and Whitman to have success the players on those teams have class and if Commack was in playoffs I would wish them well also

Bay Shore? Are you joking? Dirtiest team on LI. Illegal sticks galore. Illegal stick, head and body checks galore. I hope whoever plays them calls for stick checks and is lucky enough to have a decent ref...fat chance!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, May 14th Results

Nassau County Class B Playoffs

Division (#10) over Hewlett (#7), 14-13, Overtime

Other Results

St. Dominic over St. Mary's, 11-7

Highlights

Division 14, Hewlett 13: Alyssa Fiore (four goals) scored the winner unassisted with 1:56 left in overtime, after Jess Minuto won the draw to gain possession, to lead No. 10 Division over Hewlett No. 7 in the first round of the Class B playoffs. Gabby Casanova tied the score at 13 for Hewlett with 2:55 left in regulation. Division (9-7) advances to play in the quarterfinals against No. 2 Manhasset on Thursday at 4:30.

Nassau Girls Class A and Class C action moves center stage on Wednesday, May 15th.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]