BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for 2024 Girls Graduates (9th Graders) for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the chances of a 2024 making UA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually take a handful of the younger grade. Maybe less this year though as the 2023 class on LI seems particularly strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]what are the chances of a 2024 making UA?

Very good. Remember the 24 YJ coach evaluated. About 7 girls made the call back game and her daughter its confirmed has made the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]what are the chances of a 2024 making UA?

Very good. Remember the 24 YJ coach evaluated. About 7 girls made the call back game and her daughter its confirmed has made the team.

its very skewed the coaches of the teams shouldn't be evaluating. they just pick their own players there was also another parent coach there whose daughter will be on the team. Its a shame because it devalues the program

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2024 coach’s daughter will not make team unless she earned it. Coach’s daughter should make it on merit. She did a number on thorns team last month at the draw circle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2024 coach’s daughter will not make team unless she earned it. Coach’s daughter should make it on merit. She did a number on thorns team last month at the draw circle.

bottom line parents should not be coaches or evaluating their own kids and friends. Make it objective be transparent. The whole thing has lost credibility a long time ago. Why the decline in participants. Everyone knows its a show

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

bottom line parents should not be coaches or evaluating their own kids and friends. Make it objective be transparent. The whole thing has lost credibility a long time ago. Why the decline in participants. Everyone knows its a show

Decline ? There were 180 girls there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of them YJ and Jesters. I wonder why??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She’s not on the circle - fake news

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Corrigan has already reached out to multiple club directors to apologize for the results of the try out. There were more YJ 24’s and Jesters that made the call back list then any other 23 club on the island and he knows he has major issues. Having an 18 yr old evaluator didn’t help either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I played modified or JV last year and I am on the B team of my club but I am an all American believe me...those empty profiles will look great in their UA books.

UA try out was a circus to say the least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually take a handful of the younger grade. Maybe less this year though as the 2023 class on LI seems particularly strong.

Actually got that wrong. The 2023 group is just lacking a dominate team from any club. LI has always had a team or two that could go down and handle all the MD teams. This age group does have some talented kids, just to spread out over so many programs, there is not a strong team among them. Players who could be a solid middle of the road player on the top team are leaving programs to go be the top players on lesser teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn’t realize the tryout was last month 🤔. I thought it was yesterday? How she played against YJ 2023 shouldn’t matter. It should be how she played yesterday. I guess the team was picked a month ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ 2024 coach’s daughter will not make team unless she earned it. Coach’s daughter should make it on merit. She did a number on thorns team last month at the draw circle.

She earned it once her YJ mom offered to be an evaluator.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is ranked #1-4 in the country for the 23 age group on any given day by us club lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2023 is ranked #1-4 in the country on any given day on us club lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]TG 2023 is ranked #1-4 in the country on any given day on us club lax.

Yet they had less players invited back to the call back game then the Jesters or YJ 24 team. I wonder how the YJ 24 team had more call backs then the TG 23 black?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]TG 2023 is ranked #1-4 in the country on any given day on us club lax.

Yet they had less players invited back to the call back game then the Jesters or YJ 24 team. I wonder how the YJ 24 team had more call backs then the TG 23 black?

Don't wonder too hard! Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out! I'm surprised so many even tried out this year. The tournament should have cancelled, but instead turned into a money grab

Re: Girls 2023-9th to Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What a @#$ show. 4 girls from The Massapua Jesters? Who is the coach? Was he/she an evaluator? How did that happen? I wonder? We all wonder? Did anyone even notice 3 of 4 girls in any of the games? Positions? Adding anything to the games? Either way congratulations to them and all of the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]TG 2023 is ranked #1-4 in the country on any given day on us club lax.

Don't wonder too hard! Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out! I'm surprised so many even tried out this year. The tournament should have cancelled, but instead turned into a money grab

Next year there will be less people once they realize the YJ run the tournament and if you aren't on YJ you are wasting your money.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What happened to the Under Armour tryouts? Dad coaches and teenagers should not evaluate their own players. Period end of story. Maybe Corrigan will take that into consideration in the future.The Massapequa Jesters had 4 girls make the team?? Has anyone even noticed 3 of 4 girls in any of the 3 games they played? They may have played hard but to what end or results?The MJ coaches daughter may have earned her spot (based at least based upon her play against the YJ) and possibly the tryout. It's been said that some of the LI Jesters girls play second line on the Massapequa Jesters. This not to the girls to blame. It's all about coaches and evaluators
They did a great job taking up for their own girls.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What happened to the Under Armour tryouts? Dad coaches and teenagers should not evaluate their own players. Period end of story. Maybe Corrigan will take that into consideration in the future.The Massapequa Jesters had 4 girls make the team?? Has anyone even noticed 3 of 4 girls in any of the 3 games they played? They may have played hard but to what end or results?The MJ coaches daughter may have earned her spot (based at least based upon her play against the YJ) and possibly the tryout. It's been said that some of the LI Jesters girls play second line on the Massapequa Jesters. This not to the girls to blame. It's all about coaches and evaluators
They did a great job taking up for their own girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by louis1

Are you telling me that no TG girls made the team? Did the TG girls even tryout? What about Legacy? They have a few real good girls who should be on as well. I'm wondering if many girls didn't even bother with everything else going on. Lets face it, this is not the premier event that it normally is. Pretty clear to see that the organizers just threw something together so they could collect$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=louis1]What happened to the Under Armour tryouts? Dad coaches and teenagers should not evaluate their own players. Period end of story. Maybe Corrigan will take that into consideration in the future.The Massapequa Jesters had 4 girls make the team?? Has anyone even noticed 3 of 4 girls in any of the 3 games they played? They may have played hard but to what end or results?The MJ coaches daughter may have earned her spot (based at least based upon her play against the YJ) and possibly the tryout. It's been said that some of the LI Jesters girls play second line on the Massapequa Jesters. This not to the girls to blame. It's all about coaches and evaluators

Corrigan is finished no other clubs will be attending in the future.

15 YJ
5 Jesters
3 other teams

YJ/Jesters coaches have ruined this tournament going forward. Corrigan won't see another penny from people outside of those 2 clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked at the roster. I am very familiar with these girls. There is clear bias. Many of the chosen girls are weak players. My daughter is in the Highlight division, and that seemed to be run pretty fairly. Either some of the better girls in the age group didn't try out, which left slim pickings, or these evaluators were smoking crack. I really had to shake my head seeing some of those names!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=louis1]What happened to the Under Armour tryouts? Dad coaches and teenagers should not evaluate their own players. Period end of story. Maybe Corrigan will take that into consideration in the future.The Massapequa Jesters had 4 girls make the team?? Has anyone even noticed 3 of 4 girls in any of the 3 games they played? They may have played hard but to what end or results?The MJ coaches daughter may have earned her spot (based at least based upon her play against the YJ) and possibly the tryout. It's been said that some of the LI Jesters girls play second line on the Massapequa Jesters. This not to the girls to blame. It's all about coaches and evaluators

Just looked at the roster. I am very familiar with these girls. There is clear bias. Many of the chosen girls are weak players. My daughter is in the Highlight division, and that seemed to be run pretty fairly. Either some of the better girls in the age group didn't try out, which left slim pickings, or these evaluators were smoking crack. I really had to shake my head seeing some of those names!

1 Legacy girl made it, 1 TG black girl made it (10 tried out), 2 YJ Gold players, and 12 YJ Blue players. Thorn didn't try and disguise it at all she was taking her players regardless if other girls deserved the nod. Corrigan first lost UA as a sponsor and now I'm sure have lost the other clubs who will let them know its a completely biased tryout and tell their players to save their money don't tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so wait you think the highlight was done fair and the command wasnt?? guess your kid made it cause you are smoking crack....the highlight team has some B team players on it explain that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Legacy girl made it, 1 TG black girl made it (10 tried out), 2 YJ Gold players, and 12 YJ Blue players. Thorn didn't try and disguise it at all she was taking her players regardless if other girls deserved the nod. Corrigan first lost UA as a sponsor and now I'm sure have lost the other clubs who will let them know its a completely biased tryout and tell their players to save their money don't tryout.

How does only one TG player make the team and 14YJs? You have to wonder how that could even happen in a fair tryout? TG is regarded as a top team on LI, never been beaten by any other LI team in the age group, and your telling me that only one of their players is good enough to make the UA team? Please explain!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best player on TG went to Jesters, 2nd best is injured, 2 other top 10 kids are injured. This isn't 2017 anymore: it's more what have you done for me lately. You lose so many players like that and you become lot more average

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First this is the 2024 thread.

TG had 1 player make it and it would have been 2 if LD did not just leave to Jesters. With another TG stud that made it last year out injured...that accounted for 3 of their top players with 2 making it. Leg girl that made it is their premier player. Goalie not there. Others not quite same. 4 were Igloo.

The names on the roster are the same names that have topped various ranking lists. Inside Lacrosse, Back of The Cage, even a few on Newsday. Could some be interchanged? sure. The evaluators watched how they played Thursday and Thursday only. No one ever questioned the YJ talent, they question their ability to play as a team. All earned their spots.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
One 23 TG made the team! Shocking seeing that they are ranked 1, 2 or 3. And seem to roll over all LI 23 teams. At least those LI teams who will take the field against them. Which LI teams have yet to play them?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So is it absolutely true, 100%, that UA will not be sponsoring the tryouts next year? If so, any thoughts about which company if any, pwill step in to sponsor providing they are able to attract the top athletes from LI and/or each region for that matter.
Any thoughts or updates?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters have and always will be less than average. Daddy and mommy coaches kids make the team. Talk about less than average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good if you are the daughter of the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep telling yourself that and she’ll end up like the older daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weak players is an understatement. Some of them can’t even make their own clubs A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One 23 TG made the team! Shocking seeing that they are ranked 1, 2 or 3. And seem to roll over all LI 23 teams. At least those LI teams who will take the field against them. Which LI teams have yet to play them?

None, but only one makes UA?? Can't make this stuff up!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]First this is the 2024 thread.

TG had 1 player make it and it would have been 2 if LD did not just leave to Jesters. With another TG stud that made it last year out injured...that accounted for 3 of their top players with 2 making it. Leg girl that made it is their premier player. Goalie not there. Others not quite same. 4 were Igloo.

The names on the roster are the same names that have topped various ranking lists. Inside Lacrosse, Back of The Cage, even a few on Newsday. Could some be interchanged? sure. The evaluators watched how they played Thursday and Thursday only. No one ever questioned the YJ talent, they question their ability to play as a team. All earned their spots.

All spots were earned most certainly not based on their tryouts they strictly earned by their coach being there and pushing them through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of sour apples in here lmao

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard