BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 53 1 2 3 4 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any solid B team options in Nassau or West Suffolk?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are there any solid B team options in Nassau or West Suffolk?
Express is best B team in that area

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With this “summer season” winding down this weekend who feels like their club delivered a decent summer season given the circumstances. I was pessimistic and really happy at the end of the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will 91A team take any new players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they are better than what they have, You Betcha!

They also invite kids down that they want to see. This year 91 isn’t even pretending to hide the current players from new kids. Besides the team helmets, they will be wearing their game jerseys.

Big athletes and fast, tough gritty feeders are going to be needed for all the teams over the next few years to keep up with the holdbacks. Many of the non LI teams got really big this year, ask Express. And more are coming.

So if your kid is better than all of his friends in town, give it a try. But be honest about your kid, because most of these kids are either very good or connected.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With this “summer season” winding down this weekend who feels like their club delivered a decent summer season given the circumstances. I was pessimistic and really happy at the end of the day.

I though Igloo ended up came up strong and I was pessimistic as well. IMO they made the best of a bad situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I though Igloo ended up came up strong and I was pessimistic as well. IMO they made the best of a bad situation.
Does Igloo have the same coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Igloo have the same coach?

I think the owner, AA now coaches that team, or did both times we played them this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which True Blue team is in Laxfest. I thought cat was the A team, but they are in the B bracket.

True Blue is a B team. Only the players and parents believe they're an A team

Confirmed, they are a very good B team. Which is fine not every team has to be AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly this is your first kid with a statement as every club does not have to be a AA team it is about your coach making calls and your son performing at showcases and prospect camps let me know how many guys CoachC places on one team at a high level .... Go back to paying for your privates .....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any and every club will take players that are equal or better than whats on the roster. You hear the BS line how it makes everyone better yet you'll have a roster of 30+ kids all paying in. Find a club that really cares about development and where you'll get enough playing time to make it matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any and every club will take players that are equal or better than whats on the roster. You hear the BS line how it makes everyone better yet you'll have a roster of 30+ kids all paying in. Find a club that really cares about development and where you'll get enough playing time to make it matter.

Sorta makes sense because all teams lose players. So all clubs will add.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all provided what they could in lieu of the current circumstances. Is traveling to PA or CT to play teams the next town over the best product they could provide?? Probably not. But they did enough so you cant ask for your $ back. In terms of this age group, which teams performed well in the summer of playdates? ? Seems like a ton of parity these days.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your actually correct, True Blue decided to
Which True Blue team is in Laxfest. I thought cat was the A team, but they are in the B bracket.

Confirmed, they are a very good B team. Which is fine not every team has to be AA.

You are correct this True Blue team is combined for the summer due to Covid A/B. But Seemed to handle 91 Combined AA/B players pretty well this weekend. Just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your actually correct, True Blue decided to

You are correct this True Blue team is combined for the summer due to Covid A/B. But Seemed to handle 91 Combined AA/B players pretty well this weekend. Just saying...

Yeah, but seems like 1 1/2 teams. So if your son is not in the top 22 why stay?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue mediocre at Best. All of these teams are subpar and have all fallen off. Rush, True Blue, Igloo, Regulators, Rebels, Roar, etc All teh same junk with a different smell.... But as long as your kid is happy. Get him with a program that he likes and that has a good coach. Rest of it dont matter. They arent playing pro

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said, teams seem to have leveled out, good coaching is the key from here on out until the end of HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is where is there good coaching? Express guy? I read alot of negative about him. Legacy? The guy from Igloo seems good but he dont have the horses. Rebels guy just fights with refs whole game and runs the same play..TruBlue guy just screams at Kids... Force coach? I havent seen a guy out there who can coach and still connect with the kids. They all think these kids are college players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is where is there good coaching? Express guy? I read alot of negative about him. Legacy? The guy from Igloo seems good but he dont have the horses. Rebels guy just fights with refs whole game and runs the same play..TruBlue guy just screams at Kids... Force coach? I havent seen a guy out there who can coach and still connect with the kids. They all think these kids are college players.

A or B? Because yes, you want somebody that kids enjoy being coached by. I won’t name anybody, not fair anonymously, but just ask around and see who are good fits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A or B? Because yes, you want somebody that kids enjoy being coached by. I won’t name anybody, not fair anonymously, but just ask around and see who are good fits.

Turtles has great coaches and connects with the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering bringing my son to 91. Can someone who is informed give the pros and cons?Very hard to gauge what has happened with that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a comment on tryouts. The smartest teams are the ones not charging for tryouts.
Most teams are inviting back their prior team who doesnt need to tryout.
So if people decide to tryout, they know it's for minimal spots if any.
Teams that dont charge for tryouts this year, like Express, will get more people who actually come. Those who charge will probably not have a good turnout.
Just a general observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Force have great coaches but they don't have enough horses. They do a lot with a little...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has always kept a fair roster size, imo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering bringing my son to 91. Can someone who is informed give the pros and cons?Very hard to gauge what has happened with that team

Didn’t play a ton for the $, good roster size. Play all the kids mostly, but they ride their horses. Knowledgeable coaches, no dada with kids. Split with Express this year. Has always been an up/down team.

Looking to fill some roster spots. Need left handed middies and always looking for athleticism and a sharp stick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t play a ton for the $, good roster size. Play all the kids mostly, but they ride their horses. Knowledgeable coaches, no dada with kids. Split with Express this year. Has always been an up/down team.

Looking to fill some roster spots. Need left handed middies and always looking for athleticism and a sharp stick.

Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all going to charge for tryouts. The catch will be there will be little to no turnover on most teams due to pandemic . Teams have stated teams will remain intact unless a kid chooses to leave. I get emails everyday from Rebels and Legacy for Gods sake!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a comment on tryouts. The smartest teams are the ones not charging for tryouts.
Teams that dont charge for tryouts this year, like Express, will get more people who actually come. Those who charge will probably not have a good turnout.

Express tryouts were free and had a decent turnout yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone with potential to make the real team or all future B teamers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like your trying to poach from legacy and the rebels team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone with potential to make the real team or all future B teamers?
There were probably 3 with good talent but can't imagine they would bump first liners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BUMP first liners do you really listen to yourself they are going into 8th grade, just a heads up as they get older they all rotate through because it is not about your tee shirt collection it is about getting your kid recruited . If you want to get recruited correctly stop chasing your tee shirts and have your kid get minutes and a coach you can trust who will put you in the right spot to shine .... GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BUMP first liners do you really listen to yourself they are going into 8th grade, just a heads up as they get older they all rotate through because it is not about your tee shirt collection it is about getting your kid recruited . If you want to get recruited correctly stop chasing your tee shirts and have your kid get minutes and a coach you can trust who will put you in the right spot to shine .... GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!
Whats your point? The question was there anyone with potential to make the 30+ man real team. As if to say if you dont play on the top team you are not playing real lacrosse. That's ridiculous. The answer was a couple but if they arent getting on that first line of attack and D, they wont play unless there is a significant lead. That's the way it goes. Otherwise I agree, find the best place possible to get time on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what teams are competitive and still have good coaching? I dont care about t shirts. I care about good coaching... The coaches I have seen this summer are clueless. If any of them knew how to reach these kids they would be knocking off the "elite" teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what teams are competitive and still have good coaching? I dont care about t shirts. I care about good coaching... The coaches I have seen this summer are clueless. If any of them knew how to reach these kids they would be knocking off the "elite" teams
That's the million dollar question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s the difference evals are done for the clubs that matter, except maybe Rebels. So your question is a bit late. And what do want AA, A team at a 2nd tier club or 2nd team at a big club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was Igloo evals numbers today? I don’t think there be a whole lot of shifting this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me, with all this club chatter, how is it possible that the ‘28 Smithtown team beat igloo A 10-3 and express A 15-1??? Everybody is talking about club? That’s something to talk about?? That team is has not lost a game to a town team since they’ve been together for 3 years and have beaten every club team they’ve played except ‘91 A 7-6 after beating them 2-1 in a game qualifying game? It says something about sticking with your friends?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me, with all this club chatter, how is it possible that the ‘28 Smithtown team beat igloo A 10-3 and express A 15-1??? Everybody is talking about club? That’s something to talk about?? That team is has not lost a game to a town team since they’ve been together for 3 years and have beaten every club team they’ve played except ‘91 A 7-6 after beating them 2-1 in a game qualifying game? It says something about sticking with your friends?

Are you really talking about 4th graders come back to us when they get to high school. It’s a marathon not a sprint. Also, why are you posting that on 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good observation!

Page 2 of 53 1 2 3 4 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard