BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not fake news. The SWR kid was there and 6-7’others. You can’t hide it anymore. The kids all now each other by now. It was also video taped by the tournament. Can always check for yourself.

Top recruit at this age plus 5 others were needed to beat the Rebels, True Blue, and Igloo? Really?!? And the response was, "Fake News". Warrior parents are getting played, big time.

No dog in the fight so let's get real - why would the Warriors need anyone to beat Rebels, True Blue, and Igloo? That's laughable on face value alone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a few sad hatchlings walking back to their cars with their parents. Got a little too warm for shells today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight so let's get real - why would the Warriors need anyone to beat Rebels, True Blue, and Igloo? That's laughable on face value alone.[/quote]

What’s laughable is the 20 kids they had on the sideline - how does it feel to pay 4K to watch other kids take all your kid’s playing time? Is that 91 sticker on your car worth that much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight so let's get real - why would the Warriors need anyone to beat Rebels, True Blue, and Igloo? That's laughable on face value alone.

What’s laughable is the 20 kids they had on the sideline - how does it feel to pay 4K to watch other kids take all your kid’s playing time? Is that 91 sticker on your car worth that much?[/quote]

It's the same political non-sense here in Smithtown. Dealing with many coaches and board members at times is impossible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s laughable is the 20 kids they had on the sideline - how does it feel to pay 4K to watch other kids take all your kid’s playing time? Is that 91 sticker on your car worth that much?[/quote]

Every time a team gets beat by one of the B teams of a big club. The excuse is they had their best players from the top team. Just face the facts that your kids team lost your team is not that good. Really if the best players from the bandits were there the scores would have been much higher

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s laughable is the 20 kids they had on the sideline - how does it feel to pay 4K to watch other kids take all your kid’s playing time? Is that 91 sticker on your car worth that much?

It's the same political non-sense here in Smithtown. Dealing with many coaches and board members at times is impossible.[/quote]

The Smithtown lax is total chaos.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Conservatively there are 5-6 potential D1 players on the 91 Warriors but they are not a typical B team. Too bad they didn’t get a chance to show it this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Conservatively there are 5-6 potential D1 players on the 91 Warriors but they are not a typical B team. Too bad they didn’t get a chance to show it this year.

Every year 91 has the best B team and I agree every year those teams have many D1 players. However, when it comes time for recruiting those kids go to low level D2 and low level D3 schools. A couple each year will make a decent academic school. It is rare 91 B team players go D1 or go to a great school. Just look at the history. Every year the parents think their team is the exception. They find out they are wrong when it is too late. 2021 Ambush 91 is very good. Handful of commits all d2 and most schools people never heard of. 2020 and 2019 same thing. Great b teams with D1 players but 91 could not place many at a D1 or decent school. Rebels , Legacy and FLG placing many D1s for 2021. Parents have to look at the end game. Check your ego at the door, Trust me your ego will feel a lot better when you say your kid played for the Rebels or FLG but are playing D1 or at a great academic school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every year 91 has the best B team and I agree every year those teams have many D1 players. However, when it comes time for recruiting those kids go to low level D2 and low level D3 schools. A couple each year will make a decent academic school. It is rare 91 B team players go D1 or go to a great school. Just look at the history. Every year the parents think their team is the exception. They find out they are wrong when it is too late. 2021 Ambush 91 is very good. Handful of commits all d2 and most schools people never heard of. 2020 and 2019 same thing. Great b teams with D1 players but 91 could not place many at a D1 or decent school. Rebels , Legacy and FLG placing many D1s for 2021. Parents have to look at the end game. Check your ego at the door, Trust me your ego will feel a lot better when you say your kid played for the Rebels or FLG but are playing D1 or at a great academic school.

Best humbling post ever to 91 ego maniac parents. Their kids will ultimately be working for my kid from one of theses so called "B" teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your bias against the 91 program is so obvious

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I respect your opinion but it is based on history and generalizations. In this instance you need to look at a few individual player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I respect your opinion but it is based on history and generalizations. In this instance you need to look at a few individual player

I agree to a point. But 2021 Ambush 91 has potential D1 level players just like every other 91 B team in the past and currently. Not to be general and to be more specific these are the 2021 Ambush commits so far:

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

The 2020 and 2019 B teams had many potential D1 players too. Similar results to 2021 Ambush. You can look it up.

My kids attend top academic schools and one is committed to play D1. Before an offer is made the high school coach and club coach gets a call. Are you sure that club coach will not try and get some of his AA kids committed who are not? He could say: "player B is great but I have five better players on my AA team". Also, he has to explain why the kid is on the B team. Unfortunately, the B team player does not get recruited by top academic or D1 schools you would want your son to attend. You have to look at history. Do you really think that 2023 is the first B team to have D1 level plays on the B team? 91, Express and Igloo have had little success placing their B team players at good schools. What ever the reason I will promise you 2023 will not be better. You are better off taking those players and going to another club. Look at Rebels, FLG and Legacy 2021 commits. Their D1 players are committed to D1 and great academic schools. Why can't 91, Express and Igloo do that for their D1 level kids. Get out before it is too late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree to a point. But 2021 Ambush 91 has potential D1 level players just like every other 91 B team in the past and currently. Not to be general and to be more specific these are the 2021 Ambush commits so far:

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

The 2020 and 2019 B teams had many potential D1 players too. Similar results to 2021 Ambush. You can look it up.

My kids attend top academic schools and one is committed to play D1. Before an offer is made the high school coach and club coach gets a call. Are you sure that club coach will not try and get some of his AA kids committed who are not? He could say: "player B is great but I have five better players on my AA team". Also, he has to explain why the kid is on the B team. Unfortunately, the B team player does not get recruited by top academic or D1 schools you would want your son to attend. You have to look at history. Do you really think that 2023 is the first B team to have D1 level plays on the B team? 91, Express and Igloo have had little success placing their B team players at good schools. What ever the reason I will promise you 2023 will not be better. You are better off taking those players and going to another club. Look at Rebels, FLG and Legacy 2021 commits. Their D1 players are committed to D1 and great academic schools. Why can't 91, Express and Igloo do that for their D1 level kids. Get out before it is too late.

The two best schools on that list of five are the coach's kids. Year after year people join these big club B teams with bad results in the end. Year after year the parents of those B teams are told that your team is different. If 91 can not get D1 or great academic schools for all the AA players they are certainty not going to get a great school for the B team players. 2021 91 has the best team in the country and all are not recruited and some landed in questionable spots. Think this through. The answer is easy. I would pick 91 B team AFTER 91 top team, Igloo top team, Express top team, S2S, Rebels, Legacy top team and FLG. After that 91 B team has the most success with recruiting. Even the Outlaws 2021 who had all the best players leave 2 years ago have placed more D1 players and better schools than 2021 91 B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

The two best schools on that list of five are the coach's kids. Year after year people join these big club B teams with bad results in the end. Year after year the parents of those B teams are told that your team is different. If 91 can not get D1 or great academic schools for all the AA players they are certainty not going to get a great school for the B team players. 2021 91 has the best team in the country and all are not recruited and some landed in questionable spots. Think this through. The answer is easy. I would pick 91 B team AFTER 91 top team, Igloo top team, Express top team, S2S, Rebels, Legacy top team and FLG. After that 91 B team has the most success with recruiting. Even the Outlaws 2021 who had all the best players leave 2 years ago have placed more D1 players and better schools than 2021 91 B team.

Igloo owner's son is going to a low level D1 school. Why couldn't he get his son into a top 5 D1 school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

Igloo owner's son is going to a low level D1 school. Why couldn't he get his son into a top 5 D1 school?

1) maybe his is not as good as he thinks he is
2) maybe his sons choice was based on what major he wants
3) maybe his sons choice was based on comfort with the school and fit on the team
3) maybe his just fell in love with the choice he made and feels this is where he wants to be and it’s just not all about lacrosse
His choice. Why do you care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

That school is a middle level D1 school and good academics. 5 wins and 1 loss before the season was shortened. It is moving up as its academic ranking has moved up over the last few years. They are getting better players. A 500 team the past few years. I would not call it low level. Some D1 players choose a school for major, money or fit. He had other options. An offer from a middle level D1 school usually means the kid had other offers. There are 74 D1 schools. Think of the odds of going D1. Approximately 65 - 80 goalies and FOGOs, 150 to 225 attack and defensemen and 500 to 750 middies each year are taken for D1. 2021 year the numbers will be lower because of school budgets and NCAA allowing a 5th year of eligibility. Being one of those 150 - 225 attack taken is a great accomplishment even if it is a middle level school. With all the AA teams in the country and players being taken from Canada it is very hard to get a D1 offer. That's why the B teams from 91, Igloo and Express are not getting D1 players recruited. If the top team has 25 players that means the B team players are ranked 25 - 50 in that one club. The AA team does not have 100 percent D1 players and some don't ever get an offer. The chances are very low for a D1 player to be on the B team and getting a D1 offer when all the AA players do not all get D1 offers. The colleges know those kids are ranked low on the club and look elsewhere. They know that many clubs including Long Island clubs , have top players that would be ranked in the top 25 for Igloo, Express and 91. That explains why FLG, Rebels, Legacy and even the Outlaws players get offers before the big clubs bottom AA team players and B team. Add to the mix B teams play in lesser tournaments and against lesser players so it is hard to read how good those players are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

Because owners are smarter than the rest of us consumers. He probably sat his son down and gave him the same talk that parents give kids about santa clause but instead with LAX. There is no future in LAX son so lets use your talent to pay for as much school as possible. You can go to top D1 school and come out with 200,000 in student loans or go to smaller D1 school and come out with 50,000 in student loans. More importantly get that Business degree for as little as possible and spend the rest of your life teaching kids to play lacrosse for 3-5k a year. Set for life working in the sport you love.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

3) maybe his sons choice was based on comfort with the school and fit on the team
3) maybe his just fell in love with the choice he made and feels this is where he wants to be and it’s just not all about lacrosse

It shows the real answer about these club owners who preach about how they are going to get their players in the best lacrosse colleges. It's all a money scam. Any "B" or "C" player can get into that college and play lax. You don't need to be on Igloo/91/Express "A" team. Save your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all the notIntelligent comments on this site, this is top 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

It shows the real answer about these club owners who preach about how they are going to get their players in the best lacrosse colleges. It's all a money scam. Any "B" or "C" player can get into that college and play lax. You don't need to be on Igloo/91/Express "A" team. Save your money.

Not any B or C player can get a spot at that school. Be fair. It is a good school that gets better every year in lacrosse and academics. All commits for that program for 2021 came from AA teams. 225 attack players will be lucky enough to get a D1 spot for 2021. This is a top 40 lacrosse school. I wish the kid well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It shows the real answer about these club owners who preach about how they are going to get their players in the best lacrosse colleges. It's all a money scam. Any "B" or "C" player can get into that college and play lax. You don't need to be on Igloo/91/Express "A" team. Save your money.[/quote]

Not any B or C player can get a spot at that school. Be fair. It is a good school that gets better every year in lacrosse and academics. All commits for that program for 2021 came from AA teams. 225 attack players will be lucky enough to get a D1 spot for 2021. This is a top 40 lacrosse school. I wish the kid well.[/quote]

Stop being biased, and it's an analogy that any good player can play at that school. There are kids all over the country not on AA clubs who are playing D1. Igloo/91/Express are a money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not any B or C player can get a spot at that school. Be fair. It is a good school that gets better every year in lacrosse and academics. All commits for that program for 2021 came from AA teams. 225 attack players will be lucky enough to get a D1 spot for 2021. This is a top 40 lacrosse school. I wish the kid well.[/quote]

Stop being biased, and it's an analogy that any good player can play at that school. There are kids all over the country not on AA clubs who are playing D1. Igloo/91/Express are a money grab.[/quote]

You are correct. Any good player could play there if they get an offer. Problem is only kids from AA teams get offers. All Providence 2021 Commits come from the following clubs all are AA :

Fighting Clams AA

Igloo Black Ice

91 Blaze

Coyotes Blue

Leading Edge AA

Laxachusetts Black

2 Way

Express Schreiber

All AA teams.

No Bias here, just facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not any B or C player can get a spot at that school. Be fair. It is a good school that gets better every year in lacrosse and academics. All commits for that program for 2021 came from AA teams. 225 attack players will be lucky enough to get a D1 spot for 2021. This is a top 40 lacrosse school. I wish the kid well.

Stop being biased, and it's an analogy that any good player can play at that school. There are kids all over the country not on AA clubs who are playing D1. Igloo/91/Express are a money grab.[/quote]

You are correct. Any good player could play there if they get an offer. Problem is only kids from AA teams get offers. All Providence 2021 Commits come from the following clubs all are AA :

Fighting Clams AA

Igloo Black Ice

91 Blaze

Coyotes Blue

Leading Edge AA

Laxachusetts Black

2 Way

Express Schreiber

All AA teams.

No Bias here, just facts[/quote]

8 kids only?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop being biased, and it's an analogy that any good player can play at that school. There are kids all over the country not on AA clubs who are playing D1. Igloo/91/Express are a money grab.

Fighting Clams AA

Igloo Black Ice

91 Blaze

Coyotes Blue

Leading Edge AA

Laxachusetts Black

2 Way

Express Schreiber

All AA teams.

No Bias here, just facts[/quote]

8 kids only?[/quote]

There are 14. Igloo, leading Edge and Laxachusetts have multiple players going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a great academic school. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only are the Division 1 colleges looking for top players and not players from B teams but the the majority of players taken by Division 1 are prep or Parochial school kids. Public School kids are at a big disadvantage even if on a top club. I think a 91 goalie recently made a top D1 team playing on 91 B team so It does happen but it is rare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only are the Division 1 colleges looking for top players and not players from B teams but the the majority of players taken by Division 1 are prep or Parochial school kids. Public School kids are at a big disadvantage even if on a top club. I think a 91 goalie recently made a top D1 team playing on 91 B team so It does happen but it is rare.

Totally agree. Top D1 programs are typically more selective schools. Kids going to D1 programs also have to be academically similar to the other incoming freshmen. They can't be way below the average. A D1 coach doesn't want to battle the admissions office to explain why his recruits can't hang in the classroom. A coach has less risk recruiting kids from more academically challenging private schools. Public schools just don't prepare students for top schools - there are exceptions, however, but not many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. and this is the problem with these club owners like AA coming on here and justifying his sons acceptance to this low ranked academic and D1 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So many of you talk about boys who are on B teams at 13, 14 & 15 years old as if they are talentless bums. First off, do you have any idea how much politics takes place in the formation of these A teams? Every A team has at least one coach's kid who shouldn't be on the team, then there are the friends and family of the coaches and directors, or what about when there are a bunch of kids from the same town so that the 'stud' player has someone to carpool with. Are you completely unaware of the parents who slip an extra envelope to the director to get their son onto one of these 'A' teams? Oh yeah, that happens. Go through 91, Express, Igloo and S2S and there are 8-10 boys on each A team roster who barely get into games or strategically play vs lousy teams. I'm not saying there are 8-10 boys on each B team who could take their spots but there are easily 2-3 boys on these B teams who could compete at the A level if they could break through the nonsense. I've seen situations where a 'B' player is a starter on their high school team over an 'A' team player from the same club. I'd take the high school coach's evaluation over the club director's any day in that situation.

Secondly, do you realize that every kid develops at their own pace? Some are early bloomers, some are undersized throughout grade school and then spring up in 9th grade after all these teams have been selected (try breaking onto one of these clubs for the first time in high school). Even professional sports teams misevaluate players and make terrible mistakes, that's how you get busts like Sam Bowie going over MJ just to name the most famous. Bet you haven't heard that Tom Brady was a sixth rounder! Mike Piazza was taken in the last round of the MLB draft. 13 NBA teams passed on Giannis and he's about to win his 2nd consecutive MVP. What makes you think a random club lacrosse coach or director makes all the right decisions?

Finally, with two boys going through the club scene over the last 10 years, I've seen plenty of "A" players come down to fill out their club's B team for a random tournament and do absolutely nothing and I've seen "B" players step up to fill in for an injured "A" player and dominate like they should have been there the whole time. 'A' rankings and 'B' rankings are fluid terms and subject to change. Take a look at the ebb and flow of some of these top LI teams for 2023, one in particular has fallen off significantly b/c they held on too long to a core that was strong in 2016 & 2017 and haven't made the difficult decision of telling some of their 'A' players the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait are you saying that Providence is not a great academic school, if you mean not "great" as compared to an ivy or NESCAC school, I get it, but Providence is a good school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So many of you talk about boys who are on B teams at 13, 14 & 15 years old as if they are talentless bums. First off, do you have any idea how much politics takes place in the formation of these A teams? Every A team has at least one coach's kid who shouldn't be on the team, then there are the friends and family of the coaches and directors, or what about when there are a bunch of kids from the same town so that the 'stud' player has someone to carpool with. Are you completely unaware of the parents who slip an extra envelope to the director to get their son onto one of these 'A' teams? Oh yeah, that happens. Go through 91, Express, Igloo and S2S and there are 8-10 boys on each A team roster who barely get into games or strategically play vs lousy teams. I'm not saying there are 8-10 boys on each B team who could take their spots but there are easily 2-3 boys on these B teams who could compete at the A level if they could break through the nonsense. I've seen situations where a 'B' player is a starter on their high school team over an 'A' team player from the same club. I'd take the high school coach's evaluation over the club director's any day in that situation.

Secondly, do you realize that every kid develops at their own pace? Some are early bloomers, some are undersized throughout grade school and then spring up in 9th grade after all these teams have been selected (try breaking onto one of these clubs for the first time in high school). Even professional sports teams misevaluate players and make terrible mistakes, that's how you get busts like Sam Bowie going over MJ just to name the most famous. Bet you haven't heard that Tom Brady was a sixth rounder! Mike Piazza was taken in the last round of the MLB draft. 13 NBA teams passed on Giannis and he's about to win his 2nd consecutive MVP. What makes you think a random club lacrosse coach or director makes all the right decisions?

Finally, with two boys going through the club scene over the last 10 years, I've seen plenty of "A" players come down to fill out their club's B team for a random tournament and do absolutely nothing and I've seen "B" players step up to fill in for an injured "A" player and dominate like they should have been there the whole time. 'A' rankings and 'B' rankings are fluid terms and subject to change. Take a look at the ebb and flow of some of these top LI teams for 2023, one in particular has fallen off significantly b/c they held on too long to a core that was strong in 2016 & 2017 and haven't made the difficult decision of telling some of their 'A' players the truth.

This guy nailed it on the head! Complete accuracy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. The 91 goalie made a solid D1 program from their B team... the A team goalies were set before he joined the 91 program.

Yet, he was seen at his HS game ( against another player who was already committed to said school ) where he “stood on his head“ and the Assistant coach of that school was in attendance.

Can a player be recruited to a top school playing for a B team? Absolutely. Is it undoubtedly harder to be seen by college coaches on a B team? Absolutely, and for a multitude of reasons. Coaches can only see a finite number of games when attending tournaments since multiple games are going on at the same time. They want to see players playing against other high level teams bc A.) They get to see multiple recruitable players in a game and B.) If a player stands out, you know that it isn’t bc they are playing against a sub par team.

Bottom line is you have to do what is best for your kid and there is no wrong answer as to where you both decide where you want to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is complete BS. Those public school kids still have to pass Admissions, still have to have the grades, still have to be NCAA eligible with a pairing of GPA and test scores to make them eligible. Those public school kids work very hard to get where they are going in D1, mostly in non-hot bed areas where they have spent their entire childhoods working on their own and putting in the time on the field and in the classroom. These kids are the very definition of hard work.
Maybe historically East coast prep schools sent the most kids to play D1, but times are changing and athletes are coming from all over the country ready to compete with any kid in college. To say that public school kids are not “prepared” to go to college because their parents can’t afford more than the average US citizens yearly take home pay in tuition is the most privileged statement I have ever heard. And the LAX community wonders why our sport is looked down upon by being a white rich kid sport. Stop perpetuating the idea that you have to be a prep school kid to be a successful athlete in college, that myth is debunked by every student athlete that graduates every year despite their parents income tax bracket and despite their high school.
Nothing is absolute, just like all the kids in prep schools who pay $65k a year that don’t get into a top level D1 programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. The 91 goalie made a solid D1 program from their B team... the A team goalies were set before he joined the 91 program.

Yet, he was seen at his HS game ( against another player who was already committed to said school ) where he “stood on his head“ and the Assistant coach of that school was in attendance.

Can a player be recruited to a top school playing for a B team? Absolutely. Is it undoubtedly harder to be seen by college coaches on a B team? Absolutely, and for a multitude of reasons. Coaches can only see a finite number of games when attending tournaments since multiple games are going on at the same time. They want to see players playing against other high level teams bc A.) They get to see multiple recruitable players in a game and B.) If a player stands out, you know that it isn’t bc they are playing against a sub par team.

Bottom line is you have to do what is best for your kid and there is no wrong answer as to where you both decide where you want to play.

My older son got recruited from going to a prospect camp. He was on a AA team in HS. The varsity coach was more beneficial to him than the thousands of dollars I spent on his travel team. Oh, and he was a starter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is complete BS. Those public school kids still have to pass Admissions, still have to have the grades, still have to be NCAA eligible with a pairing of GPA and test scores to make them eligible. Those public school kids work very hard to get where they are going in D1, mostly in non-hot bed areas where they have spent their entire childhoods working on their own and putting in the time on the field and in the classroom. These kids are the very definition of hard work.
Maybe historically East coast prep schools sent the most kids to play D1, but times are changing and athletes are coming from all over the country ready to compete with any kid in college. To say that public school kids are not “prepared” to go to college because their parents can’t afford more than the average US citizens yearly take home pay in tuition is the most privileged statement I have ever heard. And the LAX community wonders why our sport is looked down upon by being a white rich kid sport. Stop perpetuating the idea that you have to be a prep school kid to be a successful athlete in college, that myth is debunked by every student athlete that graduates every year despite their parents income tax bracket and despite their high school.
Nothing is absolute, just like all the kids in prep schools who pay $65k a year that don’t get into a top level D1 programs.

The prep school truther apparently hasn't looked at a college lacrosse roster recently. Go pull up any Ivy, Big East, Big Ten or ACC roster, they're littered with kids who graduated from CSH, Garden City, Manhasset, Ward Melville, SWR, John Jay, Yorktown, Bronxville, Darien, Greenwich, etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The prep school truther apparently hasn't looked at a college lacrosse roster recently. Go pull up any Ivy, Big East, Big Ten or ACC roster, they're littered with kids who graduated from CSH, Garden City, Manhasset, Ward Melville, SWR, John Jay, Yorktown, Bronxville, Darien, Greenwich, etc...
Some of the richest parts on Li and Connecticut schools .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of the richest parts on Li and Connecticut schools .

Less than 25 percent of college rosters come from public schools including the ones you mention. Much harder to get a D1 offer for a public school kid. One reason for this is public school kids are more likely to be the proper age. If you are the proper age and get a D1 offer it is a special accomplishment but if you are from a public school and are proper age you beat all odds and have to be proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It still does happen for Public School kids but there is no doubt it is a harder road. Prep kids are more prepared for college is ever aspect and the coaches know that going into it and if it came down to a public or prep kid they will take the prep kid . Go to any founders league game in May it is loaded with ever Div 1 coach you do not see that anymore with the Public schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I don’t want to get into a war of words here but my kid plays club in Baltimore. Very
private school heavy as well. Our team is all private but maybe 5. No one on our team is going Div 1. There are major wannabes, but they are just that, wannabes.
I came here to say that these public school educators have had all of the Covid-time in the world to create ways to keep these kids playing and busy but haven’t lifted a finger because THEY JUST DON’T HAVE TO. That is where the wheat separates. The private coaches their job depends on it and kids come to them. Their livelihood depends on it.
Public school coaches don’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It still does happen for Public School kids but there is no doubt it is a harder road. Prep kids are more prepared for college is ever aspect and the coaches know that going into it and if it came down to a public or prep kid they will take the prep kid . Go to any founders league game in May it is loaded with ever Div 1 coach you do not see that anymore with the Public schools

The Nassau and Suffolk public school regional team tryouts had every D1 Coach (some multiple) and all the D3 coaches that the kids would want to go to. All coaches went to the tournament also.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard