BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 267 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not a Hawks parent; but the whining about playing up and do you enjoy beating teams by 10 has this blog reaching a new low. While not trying to contrast pro sports for 12 yo lax I offer the following as examples as to how insane your comments are. When the Steelers won 3 Super Bowls in the 70’s I am sure they had a really bad time winning year after year. Same thing for Tiger Woods in his golf prime. “Tiger can you stop playing as it cannot be fun beating these other guys who work and are committed to winning as much as you are. Why don’t you join the pro bowling tour?” I am sure Jordan was in constant depression winning so many times in his career.

Please stop with the whining, telling these boys they need to play out of their class year, etc as it is embarrassing to all of the parents and kids on other teams who work their but off to get better with the single goal to beat all the teams they play, including the Hawks who one day will face reversion to the mean as other kids grow and talent levels level off.

Do the kids on the Hawks have fun winning allot? I am sure they do, as Al Davis always said to his teams....”just win baby”!!!

What is embarrassing is boasting about your record when you clearly have an unfair hold back advantage.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PA RR dad is a toolbox.
Causing problems every tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What best attackman did FCA lose to Hawks?
Did their attack score this year?
Fake news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Roughrider guy in the white shirt who went looking for the VLC player’s parents had no connection to either team in the game, but was patrolling random tournament games and confronting other clubs’ parents on the sidelines. Okay, got it. In the future if he has a problem with an opposing player, rather than picking fights with parents, maybe he should talk to the coach, who in this case was already aware and dealing with it. Kudos to the VLC coach for sending the player to apologize. I hope the white shirt guy had a talk with the RR’s own coaches about what they said when the player apologized.
Agreed the RR guy should not have gotten involved. Also, he should know telling a parent is pointless as it’s obviously on them if their son yelled at a kid he just cheap shotted. That isn’t a one off type of behavior so I’m sure they are already aware. If he was not a coach or parent yet took charge of the incident I think it’s pretty clear who he was. I’m sure your kid was embarrassed by his words and actions and was trying to cover it up by blaming the opposing coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!

The parents live seeing their second and third line kids beating your top kids. It’s called depth. Many of these backups for Hawks would take your kids starting spots. FACTS

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA is a sinking ship.
Lost their best attackman to Hawks and lost their best defenseman to 91. They may need to move down a division in HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!

The parents live seeing their second and third line kids beating your top kids. It’s called depth. Many of these backups for Hawks would take your kids starting spots. FACTS

uh huh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it were my son I might encourage him to be a starter on another team rather than riding the bench on the Hawks so Dads can brag about depth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was no FCA attack to Hawks. Some people are crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve heard the 2026 Hawks are going to play 2025 division in HOCO this season. Is this true?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Roughrider guy in the white shirt who went looking for the VLC player’s parents had no connection to either team in the game, but was patrolling random tournament games and confronting other clubs’ parents on the sidelines. Okay, got it. In the future if he has a problem with an opposing player, rather than picking fights with parents, maybe he should talk to the coach, who in this case was already aware and dealing with it. Kudos to the VLC coach for sending the player to apologize. I hope the white shirt guy had a talk with the RR’s own coaches about what they said when the player apologized.
Agreed the RR guy should not have gotten involved. Also, he should know telling a parent is pointless as it’s obviously on them if their son yelled at a kid he just cheap shotted. That isn’t a one off type of behavior so I’m sure they are already aware. If he was not a coach or parent yet took charge of the incident I think it’s pretty clear who he was. I’m sure your kid was embarrassed by his words and actions and was trying to cover it up by blaming the opposing coaches.
No, actually it's not clear who the white shirt guy from RR is. An earlier post said that he is part of the PA RR organization but not a parent or coach of the 2026 team, so it is strange that an innocent bystander would lose his cool, search out the parents of a certain player, and provoke the parents on both teams into an argument. Can you clarify who he is and why he was involved?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!

Not a single kid on Hawks that would take my kids spot. FACT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!

Your kid couldn’t make Hawks or he’d be one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Hawks Dads for the reports on your awesome tryouts. Still waiting for one of you to answer why Hawks don’t play local 2025 teams. Your lack of respect for every local 2026 team is obvious, so why are you afraid to take on teams that you consider your peers?

What is your point? They aren't losing so they should play up until they lose? If not they are somehow the problem? Or is it that they should leave Hoco 26 so some other team gets a chance?
It's not their job to make the other teams better, they can do whatever they want I doubt they care what you think.

And no I'm not a Hawks 26 parent.

Do the Hawks like playing against teams that they beat by 10?

Resounding Yes ! It is much better than losing by 10. Any other life questions I can help you with?

Yes, I have another life question. What is the optimal number of hold backs a team should carry?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are making a fool out of yourself. It wasn't a Hawks Dad who posted about the organized tryout. It was a dad whose kid didn't make the team. As an impartial observer you need to relax. These are kids playing a game. Maybe you could just love your kid and enjoy watching them play, work hard, and push himself regardless of the outcome. Lots of people on here weren't hugged enough as kids and are likely repeating the cycle.
Thanks Hawks Dads. News flash, other teams also run tryouts that are well organized, fast paced, with lots of coaches on the field and older kids helping out. Believe it or not, the good rec teams run tryouts that way too. But I guess the Hawks do it better and that is the reason they have won every game in two years by 10 goals or so; I guess other teams' coaches should come watch your tryouts and learn all the secrets!
It was a hawks dad who was cut from the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Hawks Dads for the reports on your awesome tryouts. Still waiting for one of you to answer why Hawks don’t play local 2025 teams. Your lack of respect for every local 2026 team is obvious, so why are you afraid to take on teams that you consider your peers?

I think it is the direct lack of respect for your dense question that no one is answering.
It’s not a dense question. It’s a legit one. Why don’t they play up? All they do is talk about how no one can beat them in 2026. So play up. I didn’t ask the question, but would love an answer as well. Heck why doesn't the coaching staff chime in and tell us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Their Dads sure do!

Not a single kid on Hawks that would take my kids spot. FACT.[/quote

Easy. No one is interested in your kids rec spot. It's safe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!
Their Dads sure do!

uh huh
Backups have to play to beat up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!

I like your confidence. Can we be friends? Are you a glass half full kind of guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw FCA play twice this summer and I don’t think any of their attack would make the Hawks roster.

Not a Hawks parent, although I know that disclaimer lacks credibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Their Dads sure do!

Not a single kid on Hawks that would take my kids spot. FACT.[/quote

Easy. No one is interested in your kids rec spot. It's safe.

And no one is interested in your kids bench warming Hawks spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!

Must be proud to call your son "depth". Standing on the sidelines sweating his butt off so you can tell everyone your kid is on the Hawks! Some kids need the Hawks to be relevant, mine doesn't!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw FCA play twice this summer and I don’t think any of their attack would make the Hawks roster.

Not a Hawks parent, although I know that disclaimer lacks credibility.
FCA is so poorly coached, you could’ve watched them twice and never seen their best attack get on the field. I hope that big attackman does go elsewhere for his own good and development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it is the direct lack of respect for your dense question that no one is answering.
It’s not a dense question. It’s a legit one. Why don’t they play up? All they do is talk about how no one can beat them in 2026. So play up. I didn’t ask the question, but would love an answer as well. Heck why doesn't the coaching staff chime in and tell us.

Yeah, Pretty sure none of the coaches or any Dad’s who actually played the game at a high level are on these forums!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, Pretty sure none of the coaches or any Dad’s who actually played the game at a high level are on these forums!

I have seen a lot of posts explaining how playing against hold backs makes players get better and how this would prepare kids for HS lacrosse when they would play against kids several years older. So if that is the true, it makes total sense that the Hawks should play up. How can the Hawks players prepare for HS competition when they always play against weaker and smaller opponents? It's great that they win all of their games but at what cost? Are we witnessing a train wreck come HS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!
Their Dads sure do!

uh huh
Backups have to play to beat up

Nice, keep you kid on the hawks as a second and third line. Nobody recruits backups. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Joke is on you if you think they don’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!

Must be proud to call your son "depth". Standing on the sidelines sweating his butt off so you can tell everyone your kid is on the Hawks! Some kids need the Hawks to be relevant, mine doesn't!

Your kids is already irrelevant so no one cares. Thanks for making Hawks parents feel special by coming here and jock riding their entire team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen a lot of posts explaining how playing against hold backs makes players get better and how this would prepare kids for HS lacrosse when they would play against kids several years older. So if that is the true, it makes total sense that the Hawks should play up. How can the Hawks players prepare for HS competition when they always play against weaker and smaller opponents? It's great that they win all of their games but at what cost? Are we witnessing a train wreck come HS?

Okay, you convinced them. They are going to play 2025 this Spring and PLL in the Summer. Now please go away. You make them out to me some kind of Gods. You look like a fanboy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of Hawks actually do need this forum to feel special. A couple of weeks ago a Hawks parent defended their excessive holdbacks by talking about the cars that opposing teams parents drive. Kind of sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we going to hear further from the PA RR crowd about white shirt guy who tried to confront opposing parents in Delaware - is he the same guy who ran on the field against FCA, or does the RR team have multiple whacko's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Joke is on you if you think they don’t.
Then I guess the joke is on me too because I didn't think the coaches read this forum either; maybe the Daddy coaches, but hopefully not the real coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, you convinced them. They are going to play 2025 this Spring and PLL in the Summer. Now please go away. You make them out to me some kind of Gods. You look like a fanboy!

I agree with 2025 makes sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a lot of posts explaining how playing against hold backs makes players get better and how this would prepare kids for HS lacrosse when they would play against kids several years older. So if that is the true, it makes total sense that the Hawks should play up. How can the Hawks players prepare for HS competition when they always play against weaker and smaller opponents? It's great that they win all of their games but at what cost? Are we witnessing a train wreck come HS?[/quote]

Okay, you convinced them. They are going to play 2025 this Spring and PLL in the Summer. Now please go away. You make them out to me some kind of Gods. You look like a fanboy![/quote]

I agree with 2025 makes sense to me.[/quote]

My son plays 2026, not Hawks. I know of 3 hold backs on his team. I am guessing that you know of hold back on your son's team as well. Stop whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Pretty sure none of the coaches or any Dad’s who actually played the game at a high level are on these forums![/quote]

I have seen a lot of posts explaining how playing against hold backs makes players get better and how this would prepare kids for HS lacrosse when they would play against kids several years older. So if that is the true, it makes total sense that the Hawks should play up. How can the Hawks players prepare for HS competition when they always play against weaker and smaller opponents? It's great that they win all of their games but at what cost? Are we witnessing a train wreck come HS?[/quote]

Okay, you convinced them. They are going to play 2025 this Spring and PLL in the Summer. Now please go away. You make them out to me some kind of Gods. You look like a fanboy![/quote]

I agree with 2025 makes sense to me.[/quote]

What team does your son play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And this, in a nutshell, is the failure of this forum.

What this forum has become is an arrogant subset of parents, from a dominant and very well developed and coached seventh grade lacrosse team, gloating and trying to convince us that our teams and boys will never amount to anything. That then creates the retaliation from everyone else.

What this forum could be, is a place where parents could exchange ideas and information on how best to develop their sons prior to High School when the responsibility of development during Middle School, largely falls on our shoulders.

As an example, there have been numerous studies, if you actually care to educate yourself, in the Birth Year sports like Hockey and Soccer, that show that playing down, and not up, is actually the way to develop faster. There are exceptions to this rule but we don't have time to get into those.

That is why holding your kid back, although not usually the ethical thing to do, actually works as long as he has the genetics and work ethic to carry him to the next level in high School and College.

I have all kinds of other good development strategies that you could employ outside of your sons program, that I have gotten from mentors in this industry that know what they are talking about and if you knew who my son was, you would know that those strategies work.

But no one actually wants to enter into any kind of real exchange of information on this useless forum so you will go back to bashing each other.

I'm done coming on here. I'm not learning anything here that will help my son be a better player.

Good luck with your sons development and I truly hope that his goals are realized now and in the future.

signed,

Not a Hawk Dad that has a son on another HoCo Elite team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of Hawks actually do need this forum to feel special. A couple of weeks ago a Hawks parent defended their excessive holdbacks by talking about the cars that opposing teams parents drive. Kind of sad.

How do you remember what happened here a couple weeks ago. I thought my life was boring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What this forum has become is an arrogant subset of parents, from a dominant and very well developed and coached seventh grade lacrosse team, gloating and trying to convince us that our teams and boys will never amount to anything. That then creates the retaliation from everyone else.

What this forum could be, is a place where parents could exchange ideas and information on how best to develop their sons prior to High School when the responsibility of development during Middle School, largely falls on our shoulders.

As an example, there have been numerous studies, if you actually care to educate yourself, in the Birth Year sports like Hockey and Soccer, that show that playing down, and not up, is actually the way to develop faster. There are exceptions to this rule but we don't have time to get into those.

That is why holding your kid back, although not usually the ethical thing to do, actually works as long as he has the genetics and work ethic to carry him to the next level in high School and College.

I have all kinds of other good development strategies that you could employ outside of your sons program, that I have gotten from mentors in this industry that know what they are talking about and if you knew who my son was, you would know that those strategies work.

But no one actually wants to enter into any kind of real exchange of information on this useless forum so you will go back to bashing each other.

I'm done coming on here. I'm not learning anything here that will help my son be a better player.

Good luck with your sons development and I truly hope that his goals are realized now and in the future.

signed,

TLDR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

signed,

Could you share those studies with the forum please?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you remember what happened here a couple weeks ago. I thought my life was boring.
Most posts on here are extremely forgettable but that one stuck out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 267 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard