BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 267 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Okay, seven 2026 teams are left from spring 2019 Elite - Hawks, Looneys, 91, BLC, Madlax, FCA, and Crabs. Four more think they belong in the discussion - VLC, NextLevel, AYLC, and True.

Anybody care to rank these eleven teams, and to suggest any other teams I have forgotten?

Hawks
Madlax
BLC
FCA
Crabs
VLC
Next lever
Looney
AYLC
TRUE

This is a complete waste of time as these teams are all in the middle of tryouts and there are major changes happening.
w
Best time to revisit is later this fall after HoCo and tournaments.

Ranking these teams is a joke.
No one is MD has beaten Hawks in 2 years. This summer several teams dropped out of tournaments or asked to go to a B bracket so they didnt have to play Hawks. Your club owners and coaches should give you money back for ducking
Hawks Dad,
Since you can't get a good game in 2026, and you think the other teams are a joke, why don't you play in 2025? Holdbacks or not, how is it helping your kids to keep having easy games? Serious question.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
assuming you did watch, what are your rankings professor?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, seven 2026 teams are left from spring 2019 Elite - Hawks, Looneys, 91, BLC, Madlax, FCA, and Crabs. Four more think they belong in the discussion - VLC, NextLevel, AYLC, and True.

Anybody care to rank these eleven teams, and to suggest any other teams I have forgotten?

Hawks
Madlax
BLC
FCA
Crabs
VLC
Next lever
Looney
AYLC
TRUE

This is a complete waste of time as these teams are all in the middle of tryouts and there are major changes happening.

No one is MD has beaten Hawks in 2 years. This summer several teams dropped out of tournaments or asked to go to a B bracket so they didnt have to play Hawks. Your club owners and coaches should give you money back for ducking

Playing the Hawks is a one sided game, nobody wants to play them because it is a waste of time. Seriously, who wants to be playing a game when you are down 10 goals. Kids stop playing when they are down that much. I feel bad for hawks, all that practice and hype but no teams to play. Why would you want to play a team that you know you are going to beat by 10 goals? How is that a good use of anyone’s time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know someone already pointed it out but Looney’s now has 5-6 recent Forest Hill rec kids on their roster. I realize the kids have to come from somewhere, but what other elite level team could add that many rec players at once and still be competitive?

“Forest Hill south” was good, or maybe call Forest Hill “Looney’s North” and then they can jack their dues way up to become part of Looney’s lacrosse as their feeder team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Hawks add in any specific positions? I kind of assumed watching them at Exposure that they were all set. Their FOFO, goalies, poles and attack looked stacked.
Really Hawks dad, did they?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to Hawks tryouts and he didnt make it. He also tried out for 2 other teams which he made. I will say this the Hawks tryout was organized and up tempo. No one was standing around and they had tons of coaches and older players involved. For all the detest Ive read about Hawks, you can see why they are good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Madlax
BLC
FCA
Crabs
VLC
Next lever
Looney
AYLC
TRUE

Playing the Hawks is a one sided game, nobody wants to play them because it is a waste of time. Seriously, who wants to be playing a game when you are down 10 goals. Kids stop playing when they are down that much. I feel bad for hawks, all that practice and hype but no teams to play. Why would you want to play a team that you know you are going to beat by 10 goals? How is that a good use of anyone’s time?

Solid attitude. Enjoy teaching your kid mediocre is the road to travel. Jesus man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to Hawks tryouts and he didnt make it. He also tried out for 2 other teams which he made. I will say this the Hawks tryout was organized and up tempo. No one was standing around and they had tons of coaches and older players involved. For all the detest Ive read about Hawks, you can see why they are good

Agreed. My 2026 son didn't try out, but my 2028 did. 45-50 kids I think at that age. Very well run high paced tryouts. haven't heard if he made it yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still waiting for an answer why Hawks don't play in 2025. I am tired of the holdback debate, but there is no debate that (a) they win all their games against local teams by big margins; (b) they have no respect for those teams.

If I were running the Hawks 2026 team, I would have them play Elite national teams (Lax Black, Tigers, etc) but play 2025 in Hoco and local tournaments so they were challenged each week. Might be less fun for the Dads, but would be in the players' best interest.

Can a Hawks Dad explain why they don't do that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Hawks Dads. News flash, other teams also run tryouts that are well organized, fast paced, with lots of coaches on the field and older kids helping out. Believe it or not, the good rec teams run tryouts that way too. But I guess the Hawks do it better and that is the reason they have won every game in two years by 10 goals or so; I guess other teams' coaches should come watch your tryouts and learn all the secrets!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are making a fool out of yourself. It wasn't a Hawks Dad who posted about the organized tryout. It was a dad whose kid didn't make the team. As an impartial observer you need to relax. These are kids playing a game. Maybe you could just love your kid and enjoy watching them play, work hard, and push himself regardless of the outcome. Lots of people on here weren't hugged enough as kids and are likely repeating the cycle.
Thanks Hawks Dads. News flash, other teams also run tryouts that are well organized, fast paced, with lots of coaches on the field and older kids helping out. Believe it or not, the good rec teams run tryouts that way too. But I guess the Hawks do it better and that is the reason they have won every game in two years by 10 goals or so; I guess other teams' coaches should come watch your tryouts and learn all the secrets!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out for Hawks also and did not make it. Despite the expected disappointment I too was incredibly impressed by the pace, high expectation for greatness, incredible organization and amount of personnel committed to manage the process. My son told me on ride home that he now understands why all the strong players want to land there because they play with other strong players who are focused on being better that only makes them stronger. At end of tryout one of the coaches told the parents and kids we have had kids not make it on their first tryout who came back the next year and made the team. My son will be back next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are making a fool out of yourself. It wasn't a Hawks Dad who posted about the organized tryout. It was a dad whose kid didn't make the team. As an impartial observer you need to relax. These are kids playing a game. Maybe you could just love your kid and enjoy watching them play, work hard, and push himself regardless of the outcome. Lots of people on here weren't hugged enough as kids and are likely repeating the cycle.

He is on to something "I guess other teams' coaches should come watch your tryouts and learn all the secrets!" Couldn't hurt!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any VLC dads on here or anyone who was at their final game at Blue Hen yesterday? I heard a referees report had to be filed with the tourney directors against VLC...never a good sign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Hawks Dads for the reports on your awesome tryouts. Still waiting for one of you to answer why Hawks don’t play local 2025 teams. Your lack of respect for every local 2026 team is obvious, so why are you afraid to take on teams that you consider your peers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any VLC dads on here or anyone who was at their final game at Blue Hen yesterday? I heard a referees report had to be filed with the tourney directors against VLC...never a good sign.

If this was VLC 2026 vs NL 2026, I was there. Didn't notice any behavior from either team (players/coaches/parents) that would have merited any kind of report. Close game, VLC looked better and deserved the win. Goalie in particular, made some big saves that kept VLC in front.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would guess it was related to the D dads that yell "Make him pay for coming inside!!" 6-10 times a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Hawks Dads for the reports on your awesome tryouts. Still waiting for one of you to answer why Hawks don’t play local 2025 teams. Your lack of respect for every local 2026 team is obvious, so why are you afraid to take on teams that you consider your peers?

I think it is the direct lack of respect for your dense question that no one is answering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC dad. I have a 2026 & 2025 player. My son's 2025 team played the 2026 Hawks 2 springs ago at the NL preseason tournament at the soccer plex. We beat them, but they hung with us. I think they played the Crabs and someone else too. No idea how they did in those games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this was VLC 2026 vs NL 2026, I was there. Didn't notice any behavior from either team (players/coaches/parents) that would have merited any kind of report. Close game, VLC looked better and deserved the win. Goalie in particular, made some big saves that kept VLC in front.

Good for you, sounds like you guys found your perfect level of competition. A few weeks too late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every fall the last two years and then in the spring with scrimmages before HOCO - playing 2025 weve lost every game and every game was close. Thanks for asking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about a referee's report, and I don't think anybody who actually knows about such a report would talk about it on this board. But here is what I saw and heard.

A VLC player told an injured PA Rough rider to "stay down," with profanity. After the game the VLC coaches sent the player to the PA sideline to apologize, and the RR coach told the VLC player to get lost, also with profanity. Then on the opposite side of the field a PA RR parent approached the VLC parents, looking for the player's parents, to "let them know" what their son said. This led to some debate by both teams' parents, but fortunately nobody was knocked unconscious, as in the fight between PA RR and FCA two weeks ago. Then everybody cooled down and went home.

According to this Board, during the recent fight where the FCA player was injured, a RR Dad ran onto the field and challenged everybody to a fight - could a PR RR parent confirm if the man in the white shirt yesterday who tried to find the VLC player's parents is the same guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your point? They aren't losing so they should play up until they lose? If not they are somehow the problem? Or is it that they should leave Hoco 26 so some other team gets a chance?
It's not their job to make the other teams better, they can do whatever they want I doubt they care what you think.

And no I'm not a Hawks 26 parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is 7-2 a close game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is 7-2 a close game?

If I recall it got within 1-2 goals in the second half, then VLC pulled away. Any other questions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to this Board, during the recent fight where the FCA player was injured, a RR Dad ran onto the field and challenged everybody to a fight - could a PR RR parent confirm if the man in the white shirt yesterday who tried to find the VLC player's parents is the same guy?
The RR guy in question from yesterday is not a 2026 parent or coach....he is affiliated with other teams in the club. Stay the F down is a ridiculous thing for a 12 yr old to say after a cheap shot that was flagged. I get the frustration of losing which led to the cheap shot (not right, but understandable), but once you know you hurt someone intentionally you should feel like an stunad and apologize not run your mouth and prove you’re poorly parented. Kids will be kids, but parents need to set better examples. Win with class, lose with class (unless you are the Hawks...then just win with class).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would guess it was related to the D dads that yell "Make him pay for coming inside!!" 6-10 times a game.
If D dads yelling make him pay is cause for a report, the refs at every tournament would be writing an awful lot of them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about a referee's report, and I don't think anybody who actually knows about such a report would talk about it on this board. But here is what I saw and heard.

A VLC player told an injured PA Rough rider to "stay down," with profanity. After the game the VLC coaches sent the player to the PA sideline to apologize, and the RR coach told the VLC player to get lost, also with profanity. Then on the opposite side of the field a PA RR parent approached the VLC parents, looking for the player's parents, to "let them know" what their son said. This led to some debate by both teams' parents, but fortunately nobody was knocked unconscious, as in the fight between PA RR and FCA two weeks ago. Then everybody cooled down and went home.

From watching VLC at Summer Exposure, I would bet it was the long pole who told the kid that, "maybe after making him pay for coming inside". The same one that had a penalty or two for mouthing off to the ref at Summer Exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks continue to add players....

Was it the FCA Attackman; rumor is their best attackman jumped ship. That can't be good knowing that is their weakest link.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn’t see the incident but I have seen many like it. I bet the VLC kid learned from the experience; but the Roughrider coach who cursed out the kid, and the RR parent who tried to confront the boy’s parents, probably not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your point? They aren't losing so they should play up until they lose? If not they are somehow the problem? Or is it that they should leave Hoco 26 so some other team gets a chance?
It's not their job to make the other teams better, they can do whatever they want I doubt they care what you think.

Do the Hawks like playing against teams that they beat by 10?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks played at NAL, NLF and Summer Exposure this summer. All the scores are available on TourneyMachine, you give them to much credit.

They beat no team this summer by more then 8 goals, and only scored more than 10 goals a couple of times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a Hawks parent; but the whining about playing up and do you enjoy beating teams by 10 has this blog reaching a new low. While not trying to contrast pro sports for 12 yo lax I offer the following as examples as to how insane your comments are. When the Steelers won 3 Super Bowls in the 70’s I am sure they had a really bad time winning year after year. Same thing for Tiger Woods in his golf prime. “Tiger can you stop playing as it cannot be fun beating these other guys who work and are committed to winning as much as you are. Why don’t you join the pro bowling tour?” I am sure Jordan was in constant depression winning so many times in his career.

Please stop with the whining, telling these boys they need to play out of their class year, etc as it is embarrassing to all of the parents and kids on other teams who work their but off to get better with the single goal to beat all the teams they play, including the Hawks who one day will face reversion to the mean as other kids grow and talent levels level off.

Do the kids on the Hawks have fun winning allot? I am sure they do, as Al Davis always said to his teams....”just win baby”!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently yes. I guess my question in response is; Why do you care so much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Roughrider guy in the white shirt who went looking for the VLC player’s parents had no connection to either team in the game, but was patrolling random tournament games and confronting other clubs’ parents on the sidelines. Okay, got it. In the future if he has a problem with an opposing player, rather than picking fights with parents, maybe he should talk to the coach, who in this case was already aware and dealing with it. Kudos to the VLC coach for sending the player to apologize. I hope the white shirt guy had a talk with the RR’s own coaches about what they said when the player apologized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their Dads sure do!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently yes. I guess my question in response is; Why do you care so much?

Because he must have a son on a team that hasn't given them a good game and loses by 10 each time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Resounding Yes ! It is much better than losing by 10. Any other life questions I can help you with?

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 267 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard