BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 267 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Responding to the question of BLC vs. NextLevel. I am not in either program but my sons have played against both and I know families in both. Both are excellent programs with good reputations and good coaches, and would view themselves as peers, not an A and B. At the 2026 level BLC is a bit stronger; in the last Hoco season that was played (2019) BLC was in the Elite division, and NextLevel was in AAA, but NL did win that division, which (I think) entitles it to move up whenever Hoco resumes. If they played each other BLC would probably win, but if their 2027 teams played, NextLevel is better. Many of Nextlevel's players and coaches come from the Heights, if that makes a difference to you.
You can't go wrong with either program.

"a bit stronger".

Just keep disrespecting us. We love it!

It was not disrespectful in any way. It is true.

Look at this summers records against comparable competition for the 2026 teams. Or the last few years for that matter. Not even Close.
Many of the BLC 2026 Players will be heading to Bullis, Georgetown Prep, Gonzaga, Landon, St. Johns, St Albans, etc. If that makes a difference to you.
Does NL play in NAL or NLF tournaments against the best teams in the country? No.
Has NL played in HoCo Elite every year since second Grade? No.
NL is a fine program run by great people but it does it CONSISTENTLY produce top level High School and College Players? No.
Look at both programs holistically. NL vs BLC/DC Express.
Look at how many High level D1 recruits on DCE 2021. Top team in the Country. 19 out of 23 Players off to play in D1 or High level D3.
Watch for how many there will be on DCE 2022. Top 3 team in the Country.

There is no comparison. The two best programs right now top to bottom in the DC area are Madlax and BLC/DC Express.

For you, Next Level Dad, to say these programs at 2026 or beyond are similar, is not based on facts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha! I didn't mean to disrespect either program, and honestly I have not seen NextLevel 2026 play since spring 2019. But fortunately that will change soon - my son's team had a close game with BLC earlier in the summer, and they play NextLevel this weekend - so I will be happy to come on this board Monday and give a more informed opinion. But that does not change the fact that BLC and NL are both good programs with good coaches.
Good luck, VLC Dad!

I hope the HoCo committee is on this forum so they can hear the VLC Dad speak the NL praises and make sure they move NL up to elite instead of them. Genius!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Responding to the question of BLC vs. NextLevel. I am not in either program but my sons have played against both and I know families in both. Both are excellent programs with good reputations and good coaches, and would view themselves as peers, not an A and B. At the 2026 level BLC is a bit stronger; in the last Hoco season that was played (2019) BLC was in the Elite division, and NextLevel was in AAA, but NL did win that division, which (I think) entitles it to move up whenever Hoco resumes. If they played each other BLC would probably win, but if their 2027 teams played, NextLevel is better. Many of Nextlevel's players and coaches come from the Heights, if that makes a difference to you.

"a bit stronger".

Look at this summers records against comparable competition for the 2026 teams. Or the last few years for that matter. Not even Close.
Many of the BLC 2026 Players will be heading to Bullis, Georgetown Prep, Gonzaga, Landon, St. Johns, St Albans, etc. If that makes a difference to you.
Does NL play in NAL or NLF tournaments against the best teams in the country? No.
NL is a fine program run by great people but it does it CONSISTENTLY produce top level High School and College Players? No.
Look at how many High level D1 recruits on DCE 2021. Top team in the Country. 19 out of 23 Players off to play in D1 or High level D3.

There is no comparison. The two best programs right now top to bottom in the DC area are Madlax and BLC/DC Express.

For you, Next Level Dad, to say these programs at 2026 or beyond are similar, is not based on facts.

Sorry, I meant VLC Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha! I didn't mean to disrespect either program, and honestly I have not seen NextLevel 2026 play since spring 2019. But fortunately that will change soon - my son's team had a close game with BLC earlier in the summer, and they play NextLevel this weekend - so I will be happy to come on this board Monday and give a more informed opinion. But that does not change the fact that BLC and NL are both good programs with good coaches.
Good luck, VLC Dad!

I hope the HoCo committee is on this forum so they can hear the VLC Dad speak the NL praises and make sure they move NL up to elite instead of them. Genius!
Lol, I think VLC is the only team playing NL this wknd (they play PA RR A team, PA RR B team, VLC and Falcons 26...whoever they are) who played BLC earlier. No Elite teams at Blue Hen but VLC, NL and PA RR should all be very evenly matched B level teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"a bit stronger".

👆👆👆👆👆 🎯🎯

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, BLC folks sound awfully sensitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s recruiting/tryout season. Time for facts and not opinions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think NL would beat BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And clearly they feel they need to recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And clearly they feel they need to recruit.

All teams recruit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think NL would beat BLC.

Same team that beat True by a goal??? Stop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what its worth, our California team played all 3 of BLC, VLC and NL. This 2026 only. Based only on our games against those opponents (and not looking at other results from other tournaments), it certainly appeared that BLC and VLC were both on a higher level than NL. Maybe NL did not have all their kids or had an off day, but it did seem that NL would really struggle to compete with either VLC or BLC. I have no dog in the hunt and have no knowledge of the politics of MD club lacrosse....just an outsiders opinion.

NL does have a solid squad with a bunch of good players so not saying anything negative about that team or program. Certainly a worthy opponent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is headed to Hawks tryouts to scout and report back? You know you’re out there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what its worth, our California team played all 3 of BLC, VLC and NL. This 2026 only. Based only on our games against those opponents (and not looking at other results from other tournaments), it certainly appeared that BLC and VLC were both on a higher level than NL. Maybe NL did not have all their kids or had an off day, but it did seem that NL would really struggle to compete with either VLC or BLC. I have no dog in the hunt and have no knowledge of the politics of MD club lacrosse....just an outsiders opinion.

NL does have a solid squad with a bunch of good players so not saying anything negative about that team or program. Certainly a worthy opponent.
Thanks True goalie dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL lost to PA RR again today. I'm biased, but I stick with you can't be elite in MD if you continually lose to PA teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL lost to PA RR again today. I'm biased, but I stick with you can't be elite in MD if you continually lose to PA teams.

VLC vs NL tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard that True National got pummeled in Colorado today by Tommy Knockers. The True disaster continues in 2020. First they pull True Annapolis out of a local tournament and replace them by sending in the Premiere Illinois team only to see them get thumped. Now they pull from all their teams to form their National All Star team only to score 1 goal vs TK. What attracts kids to this organization I don’t get. Seems to be a lot of marketing and sizzle but less then strong results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard that True National got pummeled in Colorado today by Tommy Knockers. The True disaster continues in 2020. First they pull True Annapolis out of a local tournament and replace them by sending in the Premiere Illinois team only to see them get thumped. Now they pull from all their teams to form their National All Star team only to score 1 goal vs TK. What attracts kids to this organization I don’t get. Seems to be a lot of marketing and sizzle but less then strong results.

They should #trainmore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marketing? The only marketing I have ever seen/read about True is on here. So no wonder they have issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should #trainmore

True is awful and a total money grab....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should #trainmore

Sure sounds like the True/Bay Raiders merger is off to a strong start! 🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL lost to VLC, VLC lost to PA RR Elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True seems to be struggling everywhere outside of their core illinois market. I dont think any of their regional teams can point to much success. And not sure their national team has done much? True Illinois Black seems to have a pretty good squad.

Having said that, Tommyknockers are legit and could be a top 5-ish team in 2026

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True seems to be struggling everywhere outside of their core illinois market. I dont think any of their regional teams can point to much success. And not sure their national team has done much? True Illinois Black seems to have a pretty good squad.

Having said that, Tommyknockers are legit and could be a top 5-ish team in 2026

True Atlantic National Teams are very solid but I agree the local teams really do struggle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who is fielding 2026 teams this coming season? All this talk of everyone leaving and headed wherever, are there clubs who can’t field teams any longer in the AAA or elite? Did 91 stay in tact? Looney’s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Looneys is now Forest Hill rec south. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks continue to add players....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL lost to both VLC and PA RR. VLC did lose to PA RR today, but they beat them yesterday so a weekend spilt for those two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Hawks add in any specific positions? I kind of assumed watching them at Exposure that they were all set. Their FOFO, goalies, poles and attack looked stacked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL lost to both VLC and PA RR. VLC did lose to PA RR today, but they beat them yesterday so a weekend spilt for those two.
VLC wasn't supposed to play PA RR again. Schedule got changed late for a rematch, otherwise would've been a 4-0 weekend for VLC..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Looneys is now Forest Hill rec south. Good luck.

Focus on your sons development; he’s needs your undivided attention since his PT was minimal this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, seven 2026 teams are left from spring 2019 Elite - Hawks, Looneys, 91, BLC, Madlax, FCA, and Crabs. Four more think they belong in the discussion - VLC, NextLevel, AYLC, and True.

Anybody care to rank these eleven teams, and to suggest any other teams I have forgotten?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, seven 2026 teams are left from spring 2019 Elite - Hawks, Looneys, 91, BLC, Madlax, FCA, and Crabs. Four more think they belong in the discussion - VLC, NextLevel, AYLC, and True.

Anybody care to rank these eleven teams, and to suggest any other teams I have forgotten?

Hawks - keep adding talent and no on is close
Madlax - needs to be more consistent
Looney’s - added talent; great goalie
Crabs - yep you heard it hear first. 2025s make them better
FCA - great defense but worst offense at 2026
BLC - elite by name only
VLC - just bette then the other 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Madlax
BLC
FCA
Crabs
VLC
Next lever
Looney
AYLC
TRUE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Madlax
BLC
FCA
Crabs
VLC
Next lever
Looney
AYLC
TRUE

This is a complete waste of time as these teams are all in the middle of tryouts and there are major changes happening.

Best time to revisit is later this fall after HoCo and tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"waste of time" - compared to what other discussions on this board that are a productive use of time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - Crabs were weak last summer, and I did not see them play this summer - can somebody save me the time of scrolling through tourney app and tell me who have they beaten lately?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Madlax
BLC
FCA
Crabs
VLC
Next lever
Looney
AYLC
TRUE

This is a complete waste of time as these teams are all in the middle of tryouts and there are major changes happening.

Best time to revisit is later this fall after HoCo and tournaments.

Ranking these teams is a joke.
No one is MD has beaten Hawks in 2 years. This summer several teams dropped out of tournaments or asked to go to a B bracket so they didnt have to play Hawks. Your club owners and coaches should give you money back for ducking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who is fielding 2026 teams this coming season? All this talk of everyone leaving and headed wherever, are there clubs who can’t field teams any longer in the AAA or elite? Did 91 stay in tact? Looney’s?

What teams actually had tryouts? Crabs, FCA and Hawks? FCA was much improved; did they add anything after tryouts? Definitely need help on the offensive side of the ball??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Madlax
BLC
FCA
Crabs
VLC
Next lever
Looney
AYLC
TRUE

Obviously someone who didn’t watch any lacrosse at the 2026 level this summer. Lol

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 267 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard