BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 72 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because their tryout is late and kids are trying out as a "back-up".
Most of the people I know at BBL (both teams) are happy with everything.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really bad job out of Patriot. Should have told people that the rosters were set from the prior year. A lot of new players showed up to the tryout (about 40 kids), paid a tryout fee to only learn after the fact that the teams were basically set. Don't tell your team that the team is set but keep that a secret from the people you are hitting up up for a tryout fee. Be honest and say we only have a few open spots and that tryouts will therefore be limited.

Not true. Teams not set as kids leave to go to other teams or are just done with summer lacrosse so they need to fill spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when LE tryout results are to be announced.

Probably pretty quick because they already know who is making the team. A few years back, they used to start eliminating kids at the callback. For what its worth, I know a lot of people that, in hindsight, are happy that their kids didn't make the team.

Their model is not sustainable. You can't rely on gullible families year after year. Word gets out. Especially with social media and forums like this. Eventually the scam is exposed. The collapse begins with this incoming freshmen team. I know the players they wanted did not come even when they held a callback as last chance. They will be surpassed by other NJ clubs in HS. I'll come back here to remind you.

Does anyone know when LE tryout results are to be announced.

Probably pretty quick because they already know who is making the team. A few years back, they used to start eliminating kids at the callback. For what its worth, I know a lot of people that, in hindsight, are happy that their kids didn't make the team.

Their model is not sustainable. You can't rely on gullible families year after year. Word gets out. Especially with social media and forums like this. Eventually the scam is exposed. The collapse begins with this incoming freshmen team. I know the players they wanted did not come even when they held a callback as last chance. They will be surpassed by other NJ clubs in HS. I'll come back here to remind you.

Why the detest? Did you get cut? You're really going to come back here and taunt people a year or 2 from now? That's pretty telling. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the 2026, lots of BBL players at various tryouts.

Kids should be trying out at multiple clubs, too many waste the chance to compare clubs and get disappointed when they lose there spot at current clubs or move down. Doing other tryouts doesnt mean a player wants to leave current it may mean they are testing waters elsewhere. The older a player gets the more critical this becomes, playing time is more important than the club in most cases. You cant improve if your not playing much. maybe you kid is a good LSM but the one in front of him is better, go find a club that needs your kid at LSM. Few rotations in a game is no fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really bad job out of Patriot. Should have told people that the rosters were set from the prior year. A lot of new players showed up to the tryout (about 40 kids), paid a tryout fee to only learn after the fact that the teams were basically set. Don't tell your team that the team is set but keep that a secret from the people you are hitting up up for a tryout fee. Be honest and say we only have a few open spots and that tryouts will therefore be limited.

Not true. Teams not set as kids leave to go to other teams or are just done with summer lacrosse so they need to fill spots.

No team is "set"...if the right kid comes along, they are going to offer him a spot....there is also something to be said about being loyal to your current players

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]L.E. does get some kids recruited. But why play there when younger unless there is some loyalty to current players. Good players can just play locally or for some other club and then if LE is good and they are good move over there in HS. I do not think LE is the only program without loyalty to current players, but it is a bad reputation for a team to have.

Amazing when people actually agree on these forums...and I do agree that LE is not the only club with loyalty issues.

Now that LE had their '24 callback yesterday, how many current players will get pushed out on a drop of a hat. Imagine how those families feel being discarded like used snot rag. LE does not develop youth players. They simply expect top players to join them in HS and act all arrogant about it. I'm rooting for their system to fail starting now. I'm confident they will fail. I can't wait to post back here how that team do against other Jersey teams where they will fail. I will bet they will not be close to being the top team in NJ. Forget NLF where they will be canon fodder. TLDR;LE <- Fail

The callback is total BS, nothing but a money grab. They already know the kids that they want, but have the callback to get another $70 out of the parents.[/quote

Tryout fees in general are a money grab, $6-, $70, $80 for 2 hour tryout is crazy. 80-100 kids for a field rental and 3 dollar pinney means clubs get an extra payday. its the biggest scam around and this is beyond the 3500 fee for the year. We are all suckers, just admit it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. They still had spots just offered current players because of Covid year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the 2026, lots of BBL players at various tryouts.

Kids should be trying out at multiple clubs, too many waste the chance to compare clubs and get disappointed when they lose there spot at current clubs or move down. Doing other tryouts doesnt mean a player wants to leave current it may mean they are testing waters elsewhere. The older a player gets the more critical this becomes, playing time is more important than the club in most cases. You cant improve if your not playing much. maybe you kid is a good LSM but the one in front of him is better, go find a club that needs your kid at LSM. Few rotations in a game is no fun.

This guy gets it. No shame in trying out other clubs even if the intent is not to leave the team. Club directors should never hold it against anyone. I say this bec this is not the case all of the time. And that's a shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. Loyalty to prior players should be rewarded in all years, but especially in the Covid year. I see nothing wrong with filling your team with players from last year and then conducting tryouts to replace kids who left the program this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Leading Edge cut most of their 2024 team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl 2026 do you think they will add players?
I heard both teams played well, so I don’t know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Leading Edge cut most of their 2024 team.
No.. should only add new parts but I'm sure a number of kids will get cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many showed up at 2024 tryout? Did results come out yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many showed up at 2024 tryout? Did results come out yet?
If they get them all they added some very good players. At least 3 that were invited to Showtime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L.E. does get some kids recruited. But why play there when younger unless there is some loyalty to current players. Good players can just play locally or for some other club and then if LE is good and they are good move over there in HS. I do not think LE is the only program without loyalty to current players, but it is a bad reputation for a team to have.

Amazing when people actually agree on these forums...and I do agree that LE is not the only club with loyalty issues.

Now that LE had their '24 callback yesterday, how many current players will get pushed out on a drop of a hat. Imagine how those families feel being discarded like used snot rag. LE does not develop youth players. They simply expect top players to join them in HS and act all arrogant about it. I'm rooting for their system to fail starting now. I'm confident they will fail. I can't wait to post back here how that team do against other Jersey teams where they will fail. I will bet they will not be close to being the top team in NJ. Forget NLF where they will be canon fodder. TLDR;LE <- Fail
What happend to up or out? I get it if a kid hasn't developed physically. If a kid doen't hit the gym or pick up their stick outside of LE why should the kid that does be requied to play with the kid becuase of some loyalty? Before you post about loyalty maybe you should speak to the kids that are working hard and see if they still want thoese kids on their team. My guess they don't.
You keep telling your son that loyalty means more than hard work, i'm sure just like your dad you can get him a job too.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is showtime? Did they cut alot of the 2024 LE kids? Is this fun during a COVID year. Ha ha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that BBL lost several players so they will be looking to replace players. They may be hurt by being the last tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAKE NEWS! None of the top players are leaving BBL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO. It is a joke that any club cut players during Covid. Anyone who wanted to play in 2020-2021 should be given preference over those kids who are moving. No spring season and truncated summer season. If you were good enough for 19-20, they should be permitted to stay on club. Hats off to those teams who keep their 19-20 roster for 20-21.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that BBL lost several players so they will be looking to replace players. They may be hurt by being the last tryout.
BBL tryouts this week. Let me put it on record and come back here when all NJ club teams are set and they get to play each other (let's hope Covid doesn't get worse): For 2024, BBL Black will remain the best team in NJ by a mile. If your club disagrees, ask your director to setup a game with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL tryouts this week. Let me put it on record and come back here when all NJ club teams are set and they get to play each other (let's hope Covid doesn't get worse): For 2024, BBL Black will remain the best team in NJ by a mile. If your club disagrees, ask your director to setup a game with them.
You should be the top team, you don't charge your best players to play. I heard they even give gass money to the kids driving up from the shore? Mom is making money playing for BBL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL 2026 also clearly the best in Jersey...not even anyone close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The core players are sticking together. To remind you, this team is ranked #2 in the world at World Series. Need any more proof?

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)
After finishing second in the WSYL East Qualifier, BBL Elite looked to prove they were indeed a title contender and one of the top programs in the world. BBL went on an incredible run, finishing 5-0 in pool play and routing No. 8 Evolve Elite Ontario 16-3 in the Quarterfinals. BBL Elite eventually fell to Team 91 Wolfpack in the Semifinals in what would be Team 91’s narrowest margin of victory in the entire Championship Series (8-5). BBL proved to be an offensive force throughout the event, scoring a combined 90 goals in seven games. BBL was led by WSYL scoring leading Cody Lam, who tallied 25 goals and four assists. He also had the help of his two other attackmen Daniel Dalessandro (15G, 6A) and Christian Schweiger (9G, 17A). Previous Rank: 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't BBL 2026 lose to both Towermen and Tribal two weeks ago. While they may be the best club, hard to claim that no other 2026 teams are "even close" to BBL when they lost to two Jersey teams ten days ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L.E. does get some kids recruited. But why play there when younger unless there is some loyalty to current players. Good players can just play locally or for some other club and then if LE is good and they are good move over there in HS. I do not think LE is the only program without loyalty to current players, but it is a bad reputation for a team to have.

What happend to up or out? I get it if a kid hasn't developed physically. If a kid doen't hit the gym or pick up their stick outside of LE why should the kid that does be requied to play with the kid becuase of some loyalty? Before you post about loyalty maybe you should speak to the kids that are working hard and see if they still want thoese kids on their team. My guess they don't.
You keep telling your son that loyalty means more than hard work, i'm sure just like your dad you can get him a job too.

I think loyalty should play a factor when two players are close. If LE rates two kids as equal or the new player only marginally better than loyalty should play a factor and they keep the current player. If a current player rates much lower because they even have not kept up their skills or not developed those skills than cutting the current player in favor of a newer player makes more sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be the top team, you don't charge your best players to play. I heard they even give gass money to the kids driving up from the shore? Mom is making money playing for BBL

You wish. Tell your club's top 3 players to try out for the team even if they already committed to yours. Actually, you probably don't need to do that, they will probably be there today. They can always stop payment for their deposit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know we can get confused by the details of how sports work. So let me make this simple. Being the best in the state usually requires winning games against other top teams in the state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NJLaxer2020
What is showtime? Did they cut alot of the 2024 LE kids? Is this fun during a COVID year. Ha ha
What the heck is showtime? showtime for what?. It doesn't matter if the team is still non-competitive. You can call it whatever you want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towermen beat BBL Black 2026 a few weeks back. Not sure how that make BBL Black the best 2026 team by a wide margin as implied by that post.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I keep hearing good things about Towermen. Does anyone know much about them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know we can get confused by the details of how sports work. So let me make this simple. Being the best in the state usually requires winning games against other top teams in the state.

How about I make it even simpler. It's sustained excellence that matters. Not fly by night operations that come and go. BBL will show these teams what that means next time they play one another. Besides, BBL aims at national level. in-state is where they practice and experiment with their roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NJLaxer2020
I keep hearing good things about Towermen. Does anyone know much about them?

It is a 2026 only team, originally out of Northern Bergen County. Now pulling kids from all over the state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about I make it even simpler. It's sustained excellence that matters. Not fly by night operations that come and go. BBL will show these teams what that means next time they play one another. Besides, BBL aims at national level. in-state is where they practice and experiment with their roster.

Your originally claim was that "BBL 2026 is clearly the best in Jersey...not even anyone close." You then claim that sustained excellence matter and you will show these teams what that means next time they play each other. However, if you practice and experiment with your roster, fine. But if you are clearly the best and that no one is even close than you would win even if your experiment with your roster. Think Hawks in Maryland who dominate every game against Maryland opponents. Your then pathetic attempt to say sustained excellence matters, is nothing more than an attempt to change the topic from your baseless assertion to another baseless assertion that these other teams are fly by night operations, especially given that one of these teams has been around as long as BBL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess with the exception of the 2023 team, they still have a tough time in NJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You wish. Tell your club's top 3 players to try out for the team even if they already committed to yours. Actually, you probably don't need to do that, they will probably be there today. They can always stop payment for their deposit.
I don't wish I know..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The core players are sticking together. To remind you, this team is ranked #2 in the world at World Series. Need any more proof?

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)
After finishing second in the WSYL East Qualifier, BBL Elite looked to prove they were indeed a title contender and one of the top programs in the world. BBL went on an incredible run, finishing 5-0 in pool play and routing No. 8 Evolve Elite Ontario 16-3 in the Quarterfinals. BBL Elite eventually fell to Team 91 Wolfpack in the Semifinals in what would be Team 91’s narrowest margin of victory in the entire Championship Series (8-5). BBL proved to be an offensive force throughout the event, scoring a combined 90 goals in seven games. BBL was led by WSYL scoring leading Cody Lam, who tallied 25 goals and four assists. He also had the help of his two other attackmen Daniel Dalessandro (15G, 6A) and Christian Schweiger (9G, 17A). Previous Rank: 7
That was a long time ago. It all changes in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)
This has to be a kid on the BBL team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

Anybody that throws out WSYL rankings a year later is pathetic... 91 Bandits was the best 2023 team...look at how they have done since then, they revamped the team with some holdbacks and still get smacked in the NLF. The core will stick together until something better comes along, and if you think that there is nothing better out there, you are delusional..wait until a few kids go and "guest" play for another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

Anybody that throws out WSYL rankings a year later is pathetic... 91 Bandits was the best 2023 team...look at how they have done since then, they revamped the team with some holdbacks and still get smacked in the NLF. The core will stick together until something better comes along, and if you think that there is nothing better out there, you are delusional..wait until a few kids go and "guest" play for another club.
So you're saying your club team will roll in NLF bec they were never ranked anywhere ever? I'll have my popcorn ready.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there BBL Black and Helix 2026 kids leaving?

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 72 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard