A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
L.E. does get some kids recruited. But why play there when younger unless there is some loyalty to current players. Good players can just play locally or for some other club and then if LE is good and they are good move over there in HS. I do not think LE is the only program without loyalty to current players, but it is a bad reputation for a team to have.

Amazing when people actually agree on these forums...and I do agree that LE is not the only club with loyalty issues.

Now that LE had their '24 callback yesterday, how many current players will get pushed out on a drop of a hat. Imagine how those families feel being discarded like used snot rag. LE does not develop youth players. They simply expect top players to join them in HS and act all arrogant about it. I'm rooting for their system to fail starting now. I'm confident they will fail. I can't wait to post back here how that team do against other Jersey teams where they will fail. I will bet they will not be close to being the top team in NJ. Forget NLF where they will be canon fodder. TLDR;LE <- Fail

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
TM@BOTC #306972 08/14/20 04:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone is missing the boat when it comes to 2026. Without a doubt it is a one player team but Tigers 26 has to be considered the best team in NJ. I saw them play several times this summer and they are the real deal.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306975 08/14/20 06:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone is missing the boat when it comes to 2026. Without a doubt it is a one player team but Tigers 26 has to be considered the best team in NJ. I saw them play several times this summer and they are the real deal.
Tigers 26 are based in PA.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #307005 08/14/20 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Patriot Chrome and Steps also good 2026 teams. Both teams also offered spots to current players this year because of COVID as a thank you for sticking with them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307010 08/14/20 10:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L.E. does get some kids recruited. But why play there when younger unless there is some loyalty to current players. Good players can just play locally or for some other club and then if LE is good and they are good move over there in HS. I do not think LE is the only program without loyalty to current players, but it is a bad reputation for a team to have.

Amazing when people actually agree on these forums...and I do agree that LE is not the only club with loyalty issues.

Now that LE had their '24 callback yesterday, how many current players will get pushed out on a drop of a hat. Imagine how those families feel being discarded like used snot rag. LE does not develop youth players. They simply expect top players to join them in HS and act all arrogant about it. I'm rooting for their system to fail starting now. I'm confident they will fail. I can't wait to post back here how that team do against other Jersey teams where they will fail. I will bet they will not be close to being the top team in NJ. Forget NLF where they will be canon fodder. TLDR;LE <- Fail

The callback is total BS, nothing but a money grab. They already know the kids that they want, but have the callback to get another $70 out of the parents.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #307034 08/14/20 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really bad job out of Patriot. Should have told people that the rosters were set from the prior year. A lot of new players showed up to the tryout (about 40 kids), paid a tryout fee to only learn after the fact that the teams were basically set. Don't tell your team that the team is set but keep that a secret from the people you are hitting up up for a tryout fee. Be honest and say we only have a few open spots and that tryouts will therefore be limited.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #307035 08/14/20 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when LE tryout results are to be announced.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307058 08/14/20 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably pretty quick because they already know who is making the team. A few years back, they used to start eliminating kids at the callback. For what its worth, I know a lot of people that, in hindsight, are happy that their kids didn't make the team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307074 08/14/20 08:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably pretty quick because they already know who is making the team. A few years back, they used to start eliminating kids at the callback. For what its worth, I know a lot of people that, in hindsight, are happy that their kids didn't make the team.

Their model is not sustainable. You can't rely on gullible families year after year. Word gets out. Especially with social media and forums like this. Eventually the scam is exposed. The collapse begins with this incoming freshmen team. I know the players they wanted did not come even when they held a callback as last chance. They will be surpassed by other NJ clubs in HS. I'll come back here to remind you.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307078 08/14/20 09:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because their tryout is late and kids are trying out as a "back-up".
Most of the people I know at BBL (both teams) are happy with everything.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #307081 08/14/20 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because their tryout is late and kids are trying out as a "back-up".
Most of the people I know at BBL (both teams) are happy with everything.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307083 08/14/20 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really bad job out of Patriot. Should have told people that the rosters were set from the prior year. A lot of new players showed up to the tryout (about 40 kids), paid a tryout fee to only learn after the fact that the teams were basically set. Don't tell your team that the team is set but keep that a secret from the people you are hitting up up for a tryout fee. Be honest and say we only have a few open spots and that tryouts will therefore be limited.

Not true. Teams not set as kids leave to go to other teams or are just done with summer lacrosse so they need to fill spots.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307114 08/15/20 09:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their model is not sustainable. You can't rely on gullible families year after year. Word gets out. Especially with social media and forums like this. Eventually the scam is exposed. The collapse begins with this incoming freshmen team. I know the players they wanted did not come even when they held a callback as last chance. They will be surpassed by other NJ clubs in HS. I'll come back here to remind you.

Why the detest? Did you get cut? You're really going to come back here and taunt people a year or 2 from now? That's pretty telling. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307116 08/15/20 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the 2026, lots of BBL players at various tryouts.

Kids should be trying out at multiple clubs, too many waste the chance to compare clubs and get disappointed when they lose there spot at current clubs or move down. Doing other tryouts doesnt mean a player wants to leave current it may mean they are testing waters elsewhere. The older a player gets the more critical this becomes, playing time is more important than the club in most cases. You cant improve if your not playing much. maybe you kid is a good LSM but the one in front of him is better, go find a club that needs your kid at LSM. Few rotations in a game is no fun.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #307118 08/15/20 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. Teams not set as kids leave to go to other teams or are just done with summer lacrosse so they need to fill spots.

No team is "set"...if the right kid comes along, they are going to offer him a spot....there is also something to be said about being loyal to your current players

Like Reply Quote
Page 43 of 61 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 60 61
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard