BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 28 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So you would rather have had your daughter at home the last 4 nights instead of on the field playing a game she loves? Sitting in her room thinking about what the heck is going on and will things ever be back to normal. Why because you couldn't be on the sideline beating your chest when she scored or took a charge on defense. Kids want to play and if we had to sit in our cars for a few hours so they could so be it. For a few hours there on the field the was a small sense of normalcy, we need more of that. A lot of effort and money went into organizing went into those four days. Yes it did have a hiccup the last two days but the kids got to play and thats what its about isn't it?

So because I have raised issues, I am against allowing kids to play. I like the way you did that. Mr. Director you did it all for the kids- so they can have a sense of normalcy. That is great. Thank you.

So back to the question at hand now that we have you- what do you plan to refund to the families who you never delivered a product to?

I wonder if this forum will allow us to start to call out these organizations by name for being complete phonies. Its all about the kids...we are a family...we want to instill character. Put your money where your mouth is Mr. Director.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So you would rather have had your daughter at home the last 4 nights instead of on the field playing a game she loves? Sitting in her room thinking about what the heck is going on and will things ever be back to normal. Why because you couldn't be on the sideline beating your chest when she scored or took a charge on defense. Kids want to play and if we had to sit in our cars for a few hours so they could so be it. For a few hours there on the field the was a small sense of normalcy, we need more of that. A lot of effort and money went into organizing went into those four days. Yes it did have a hiccup the last two days but the kids got to play and thats what its about isn't it?[/quote

So because I have raised issues, I am against allowing kids to play. I like the way you did that. Mr. Director you did it all for the kids- so they can have a sense of normalcy. That is great. Thank you.

So back to the question at hand now that we have you- what do you plan to refund to the families who you never delivered a product to?

I wonder if this forum will allow us to start to call out these organizations by name for being complete phonies. Its all about the kids...we are a family...we want to instill character. Put your money where your mouth is Mr. Director.

Your still on this topic. As a consumer you should research which orgs gave refunds and then sign up with them next year.
Then do a PSA and inform everyone about the high character club you're joining. Soooooo stop whining

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So you would rather have had your daughter at home the last 4 nights instead of on the field playing a game she loves? Sitting in her room thinking about what the heck is going on and will things ever be back to normal. Why because you couldn't be on the sideline beating your chest when she scored or took a charge on defense. Kids want to play and if we had to sit in our cars for a few hours so they could so be it. For a few hours there on the field the was a small sense of normalcy, we need more of that. A lot of effort and money went into organizing went into those four days. Yes it did have a hiccup the last two days but the kids got to play and thats what its about isn't it?[/quote

Your still on this topic. As a consumer you should research which orgs gave refunds and then sign up with them next year.
Then do a PSA and inform everyone about the high character club you're joining. Soooooo stop whining

Yes- I am still on this topic. please read the original post. It is what this is supposed to be about.

And thank you Mr. Director. Lets start with you then- which organization do you run and what sort of refunds did you issue?

Let's be real for a change. Who issued some sort of refund and how much. I'd love to know.

Top Guns
Jesters
Liberty
Elevate
Yellow Jackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny - you said refunds. Has that actually happened? Has a club given refunds? What i fund amusing is that these clubs are pretending like covid never happened or that it's over. The fall tournament schedules look the same, indoor practice schedules the same. It would be nice to see a club actually offer up some clear messeging and guidelines on how they will operate once tryouts are over.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter's played and could not have been happier! I was disappointed as it was difficult to watch on wed and thursday because of what seemed like an overzealous park employee! Totally out of the hands of directors at that point! After all the games are for the girls?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No refund required. Got a full summer and very happy. If you were unhappy, your club simply didn’t prepare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny - you said refunds. Has that actually happened? Has a club given refunds? What i fund amusing is that these clubs are pretending like covid never happened or that it's over. The fall tournament schedules look the same, indoor practice schedules the same. It would be nice to see a club actually offer up some clear messeging and guidelines on how they will operate once tryouts are over.

Don’t worry. Wake up. Covid is over after the election.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude this is a dead issue. They crammed enough garbage down everyone's throat to not only keep your money but also encourage them to ask you for more and even post try outs. Congrats to all the parents that made this happen. Must have been great driving 5 hrs out of state to play teams that are the next town over on LI. NO REFUNDS. Just end this thread. NO refunds No refunds and No refunds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude this is a dead issue. They crammed enough garbage down everyone's throat to not only keep your money but also encourage them to ask you for more and even post try outs. Congrats to all the parents that made this happen. Must have been great driving 5 hrs out of state to play teams that are the next town over on LI. NO REFUNDS. Just end this thread. NO refunds No refunds and No refunds

Exactly.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly.....

Exactly.....

Exactly.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve been wondering about this too. Will club even happen this fall with Covid predicted to spike again? Wondering if we should roll the dice and sit this year out with my 2025 kid and just work with a trainer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve been wondering about this too. Will club even happen this fall with Covid predicted to spike again? Wondering if we should roll the dice and sit this year out with my 2025 kid and just work with a trainer.

Covid will be over after election.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nailed it . Thanks to all the parents running around state to state . Zero pressure on the clubs . They want money September 1st already . Greedy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Covid will be over after election.

I sure as heck hope so bc that means all went well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nailed it . Thanks to all the parents running around state to state . Zero pressure on the clubs . They want money September 1st already . Greedy

I wouldn’t give the clubs another Dime 2020-2021 season everything is still uncertain. But people will feed into it .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well seasons over, you parents will be back to the backyards and beach clubs getting hammered and strategizing how to get Garrett on his buddy Pierce's "A" Team. Worrying about the thought of thousands spent on a 2020/21 season that might be another money grab. Spend and Drink on!!! LaxLife!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well seasons over, you parents will be back to the backyards and beach clubs getting hammered and strategizing how to get Garrett on his buddy Pierce's "A" Team. Worrying about the thought of thousands spent on a 2020/21 season that might be another money grab. Spend and Drink on!!! LaxLife!!!

No refund , . But all of you spent time taking off work for tournaments durning the week , tolls , Gas money and going to state to state at a moment’s notice was it all worth it ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No refund , . But all of you spent time taking off work for tournaments durning the week , tolls , Gas money and going to state to state at a moment’s notice was it all worth it ?

yes, it was

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. How was the view from your closet? wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't understand the full contact at Blatant on long island and then LI tournaments in CT or Jersey with full contact? Why did we need to leave LI when there is full contact here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or in our case, we will be planning for the Fall lax season which will be taking place. Considering school sports are cancelled, that works out great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or in our case, we will be planning for the Fall lax season which will be taking place. Considering school sports are cancelled, that works out great.

Is this Fredo? Did your big brother tell you school sports are cancelled?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No refund required. Got a full summer and very happy. If you were unhappy, your club simply didn’t prepare.

What about all the missed practices no price on that ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Darn right, though I’m more focused on getting Garrett off of our team. Season starts up again in 8 weeks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely.. The boys had a blast and will be in good shape heading into the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about all the missed practices no price on that ?

That’s like saying what about all missed class time in school...did you get a tax rebate? Doubt it. Move on, summer is over. Some clubs did all they could to provide a decent product and some did less, to a lot less. You have a choice. Most of the better clubs are having evals this week, go to them and improve your sons situation. Go to the BOTC tryout page and start signing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets put this into perspective financially: Girls 2023: 2,600 for the 2020 "season" * 22 girls = 57,200. All paid up by December. So call that 50,000 per team, with A/B that is 100,000 per grade. Lets be conservative and say 6 grades. That is 600,000 these directors are putting in their pockets. Maybe they got burned pre-funding a tournament here or there, but clearly they spent less on that this year than ever. They had no travel costs, or incidentals.

I inquired about a refund and the director, who I will name eventually, whines telling me how hard his organization has been hit financially. He is completely full of garbage. He is better off now than he ever was.

And to be absolutely clear, these clubs are all acting in concert. They have all agreed not to refund anything, and are holding firm.

In a normal year, I would call them greedy- but at least they providing something for their exorbitant fees. This year they are bordering on fraudulent- keeping all of that money and providing no product.

I know attorneys- I wonder if I were to sick one of them on these guys, if they would roll to avoid the expense of defending themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets put this into perspective financially: Girls 2023: 2,600 for the 2020 "season" * 22 girls = 57,200. All paid up by December. So call that 50,000 per team, with A/B that is 100,000 per grade. Lets be conservative and say 6 grades. That is 600,000 these directors are putting in their pockets. Maybe they got burned pre-funding a tournament here or there, but clearly they spent less on that this year than ever. They had no travel costs, or incidentals.

I inquired about a refund and the director, who I will name eventually, whines telling me how hard his organization has been hit financially. He is completely full of garbage. He is better off now than he ever was.

And to be absolutely clear, these clubs are all acting in concert. They have all agreed not to refund anything, and are holding firm.

In a normal year, I would call them greedy- but at least they providing something for their exorbitant fees. This year they are bordering on fraudulent- keeping all of that money and providing no product.

I know attorneys- I wonder if I were to sick one of them on these guys, if they would roll to avoid the expense of defending themselves.

Ok....so are you going to step up or are you going to whine about it and hope someone else steps up. You say you “know attorneys”. Again go and consult one and get the process started. Till then all you are is a BOTC whiner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot believe this thread is still going. In the time it started, my son has practiced weekly, played 4 tournaments already had tryouts and we are planning fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right? NO REFUNDS And get your checkbook ready for FALL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot believe this thread is still going. In the time it started, my son has practiced weekly, played 4 tournaments already had tryouts and we are planning fall.

Same here, we practiced 2/3 days a week, had some play days, and played a few tournaments. Sure, some tournaments were cancelled, but considering the circumstances, it was probably the best we could have hoped for this season. I feel that our club worked very hard, probably much harder than other years, in order to juggle schedules, practices and tournaments. They were dealing with health regulations that basically changed on a daily basis. If somebody on here thinks that they didn't get the value for their money, then this is something to be discussed directly with your club, but you should not infer that everybody feels the same, or that the lacrosse world owes all parents a refund. If you feel so strongly about calling that attorney, ask if he/she will take the case on a contingency basis, probably not, because, outside of a mass conspiracy between all of the clubs, you case is probably garbage, and you would be foolish to spend the money on it, not to mention the fact that you will get yourself a reputation that will hurt your kids chances of playing for other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my kid played so much this summer, i am happy his club didn't ask for more money... oh wait, that is coming soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right? NO REFUNDS And get your checkbook ready for FALL

Or don’t pay and don’t play. Great place the USA. It’s your choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After ten years and hundreds of games my kid gave it up! Best thing he ever did, keeps them busy but nothing at the end!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After ten years and hundreds of games my kid gave it up! Best thing he ever did, keeps them busy but nothing at the end!
fact that some detest to believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, keep drinking the koolaid! Just what the Lax system wants!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't overlook the value of 'keeping them busy'.. However, are you saying your kid developed no long lasting friendships through 10yrs of youth lacrosse?
If the 10yrs were meaningless, there may be other issues there..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't get all the complaining on here about refunds.
Was this the season that parents, players and clubs envisioned? Absolutely not.
Was there a period of time where nobody know if a season would actually be able to happen? Of course

But since late May/early June (or something like that), my son's Club started small group training. Once allowed, expanded to full team practices. Then added scrimmages and ultimately play days/tournaments. Yes, it was an inconvenience to get to NJ or CT on a weekday or last minute for the weekend but I can't really say the club "owes" me anything in return for the shortened season.

I've already told my son's coaches and director that he'll be back next season, but given the uncertainty going into the Fall, I've told the Club that we're opting out of Fall/Winter and requested to only pay a prorated Spring/Summer tuition. Club director was happy to accommodate. I'll count that as my "refund" and I'm happily moving along. See you in March

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree! Same for my daughter. She ended up having more club practices than a normal spring/summer because of school being virtual in the spring and she participated in her normal tournament schedule (4 summer tournaments). Some were condensed into 1 day vs 2 but still had the same number of games per tournament. It was one of the only "normal" things of our summer - even while wearing a mask on the sideline which is totally fine with me as long as it allowed it to happen. This thread is old news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree! Same for my daughter. She ended up having more club practices than a normal spring/summer because of school being virtual in the spring and she participated in her normal tournament schedule (4 summer tournaments). Some were condensed into 1 day vs 2 but still had the same number of games per tournament. It was one of the only "normal" things of our summer - even while wearing a mask on the sideline which is totally fine with me as long as it allowed it to happen. This thread is old news.

I love love all of your pro-club comments!!! Glad you got your money’s worth!!! It was most definitely worth the hassle and money spent.

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 28 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard