BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Girls from the class of 2024 in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the girls go from M n D black 2024 they lost about 5?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it matter? Looks like they replaced those girls with better TEAM players!,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess thats your opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does it matter? Looks like they replaced those girls with better TEAM players!,

Ouch..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d bet ur one of the 5 looking for more attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club Rankings. Someone needs to let them know that LBC is done
MC elite is awful
Rebels will not win a game.
I think the rankings are funny. Everyone knows you have to go thru Heros , YJ , SW and M&D to win.

Does anyone watch these games and can comment on who plays a style that college coaches like? Do all kids play even or do they look better when they fill their role while team plays to win?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, what happened to LBC? They were a very solid team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
their goalie pulled out to sw and the remainder of the team found a new home mu and m&d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mnd Black 24 - undefeated fall season

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
their goalie pulled out to sw and the remainder of the team found a new home mu and m&d

I feel bad for the girls that went to MD United. You go from a phenomenal coach at LBC to a less than mediocre one at MDU. The positive note is that MDU plays in better tournaments, however coaches will find you regardless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better coach at lbc? That’s funny. The director is the reason all left. Bad tournies. Bad attitude. People are happier I’m sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure they played in better tournaments? Rivalry Challenge and LBC was at Mid Atlantic. Not sure most players are happier with less competition, worse team, less play time and more travel. Now they are playing all B teams and not winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better coach at lbc? That’s funny. The director is the reason all left. Bad tournies. Bad attitude. People are happier I’m sure.

Director or director’s wife? She can be a “pill” but the dude has his player’s best interest in mind. The MDU 2024 head coach is a “laughing stock” at St. Mary’s. Her 2018 East team was so talented and completely was out coached at every tournament. You need to do your homework. All will come out in the wash. Hey but those girls get to cross the bridge for practice now so that will be good quality time spent in the car.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Director or director’s wife? She can be a “pill” but the dude has his player’s best interest in mind. The MDU 2024 head coach is a “laughing stock” at St. Mary’s. Her 2018 East team was so talented and completely was out coached at every tournament. You need to do your homework. All will come out in the wash. Hey but those girls get to cross the bridge for practice now so that will be good quality time spent in the car.

Agree re MDU 24 coach at St Mary's . Had experience personally myself as a 2018 parent. I have a younger daughter too who was not on LBC but very aware of the circumstances due to a good friend. The LBC girls who left for MDU will understand their bad move eventually. This I promise. I have been through the process before and knowledgeable of the Annapolis area politics too. The LBC to MDU move was orchestrated by particular helicopter parents who wanted to control everything themselves for both of their daughters. Their 24 daughter was happy with her team so they decided to take the whole team with them so their younger daughter wasn't penalized because of what they thought was best for their 23 daughter. They thought that spending a lot of money with LBC over the years allowed them to have more control than the other parents. These same parents also organized private practices/workouts at their own home and excluded other girls on the team. Talk about creating drama, etc.. Not good role models for building a "Team" culture. MDU will just use them for their generosity I promise and don't be surprised if one or more of these girls are eventually moved to the West team. I have seen it happen too many times in the past with MDU. Don't know the LBC director or his wife but they have always had nice parents, coaches and talented girls when my younger daughter played against them. Sad to see what helicopter parents can do to a team! I felt the need to share this detailed info because I just couldn't believe a small group of parents (especially the 2 who organized it) would decimate an entire team for their own daughter's benefit. It was disgusting and a new low IMHO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the SW 24 blue coach quit? Have to do with the crazy team mom trying to run the show?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MnD black looked weak this weekend. All around and goal keeping really poor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MnD black looked weak this weekend. All around and goal keeping really poor.

No way Jose, you be cray cray.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really sad to see what the parents can do but it happens everywhere. We're deep into boys and girls lacrosse and the thing to remember is that in most cases the parents can't help their kids with the coach, they can only hurt. My daughter's coach will absolutely cut players based on the parents and I'm glad he does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really sad to see what the parents can do but it happens everywhere. We're deep into boys and girls lacrosse and the thing to remember is that in most cases the parents can't help their kids with the coach, they can only hurt. My daughter's coach will absolutely cut players based on the parents and I'm glad he does.

Well M&D doesn't cut kids over parents' conduct. Parents have considerable influence on coaches at M&D. Add that on to the fact that almost every team at M&D has parent coaches as head/assistant/ and upaid assistant or quote "volunteer coaches" or some variation of all three --- that's a whole lot of parental influence going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC elite is awful
I think the rankings are funny. Everyone knows you have to go thru Heros , YJ , SW and M&D to win.

Does anyone watch these games and can comment on who plays a style that college coaches like? Do all kids play even or do they look better when they fill their role while team plays to win?

Now that summer 2020 is over, any teams move in/out of the top ten for 2024?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC elite is awful

Now that summer 2020 is over, any teams move in/out of the top ten for 2024?

IMO you can not base new rankings over a summer season during a pandemic. Many teams were not allowed to participate in events, many players chose to opt-out of summer because of the pandemic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well M&D doesn't cut kids over parents' conduct. Parents have considerable influence on coaches at M&D. Add that on to the fact that almost every team at M&D has parent coaches as head/assistant/ and upaid assistant or quote "volunteer coaches" or some variation of all three --- that's a whole lot of parental influence going on.
Your first statement is a false one. M&D does indeed cut players over parent conduct, has happened multiple times. The rest of what you say is spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed 100%. I will say regional events only for some didn’t allow teams to play the best out there. I was impressed with NEMS in Mid Atlantic. Only losses all summer were to M&D. Beat SW by 4 too. They were underrated going into season before pandemic and I don’t belong to NEMS!

Heros green struggled. SW was below .500 this summer and played a weak bracket at Summer Genesis. Pride got worse. Stars is now done at 24’s. Weird summer and hope we can play in fall for the kids and not rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros green struggled. SW was below .500 this summer and played a weak bracket at Summer Genesis. Pride got worse. Stars is now done at 24’s. Weird summer and hope we can play in fall for the kids and not rankings.[/quote]

Hero's needs a coaching overhaul. The 24's are stagnating cause of the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MND just got stronger!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks be! I was worried about them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good weekend of lacrosse in Baltimore. Some of the teams stayed away but enough good teams to make it a great weekend. Makes up a little for the lost summer. Hope the NY teams can make it down soon !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What legal recourse is there against a coach who hid information about a covid positive player? Those of you in the md area and last weeks tournament should be aware of it. I’m contacting his employer and school district

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MND just got stronger!!

Cough cough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know this as a fact? Why are you threatening his employer & school district? Confused...wouldn’t this be an issue w/ the actual club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the drama. Team found out at 6pm on Saturday and shut down immediately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m confused what was hidden ? The coach was told a player was positive Saturday evening and by Saturday night people were told. What is the problem? How would you have handled it and why in the world would you call anyone’s employer. What does it have to do with his job? I brlieve he is a school teacher which means he’s not even in school so I’m having a really hard time seeing what a club lax team had to do with his employment. Seriously.... please explain how the two are even related. If you’re this upset pull your kid out of M&D or whatever club it is you play for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone’s crazy mommy wrote that if she was really concerned wouldn’t have let her kid or family out at games at any time. People are doing trainings and playing games every weekend. It’s gonna happen so don’t be shocked. 99% will not even know they have it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m confused what was hidden ? The coach was told a player was positive Saturday evening and by Saturday night people were told. What is the problem? How would you have handled it and why in the world would you call anyone’s employer. What does it have to do with his job? I brlieve he is a school teacher which means he’s not even in school so I’m having a really hard time seeing what a club lax team had to do with his employment. Seriously.... please explain how the two are even related. If you’re this upset pull your kid out of M&D or whatever club it is you play for
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was the team pulled from the weekend after finding out Saturday night? Did the child play this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What legal recourse is there against a coach who hid information about a covid positive player? Those of you in the md area and last weeks tournament should be aware of it. I’m contacting his employer and school district
What the heck is wrong with you!? Please pull your kid out of lax and go live in a bubble far far away. Contacting an employer, you are a nut job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately a positive Covid test has the implication that that person has done something wrong. Until that attitude changes contact tracing and notifications will continue to be ineffective. We need to support each other and not make accusations. Everyone in contact eg refs players parents and facilities deserves to be notified quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says team was notified at 6 and games were then cancelled.

I agree with last post as well. Someone on your own team is gonna get it. Hope you all do the right thing and let all know immediately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I completely agree the coaches employer should not be contacted (and surely no legal recourse?!) but just curious why the player was at the tourney on Saturday

1) if they were tested before the tournament and were waiting for the results, they should have been quarantined

2) if the player had symptoms and got a rapid test after the games, they still shouldn’t have been at the tourney

Are there details I’m missing? By all means, no one should be shamed or scared to announce they tested positive for COVID, it’s not the first or last time this will happen but we need to be sure we’re being responsible so more incidents like this don’t get attention and shut down tourneys due to safety concerns

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard