Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
any teams add any new talent?

Crabs added some 2025 talent; Looney's and FCA added some rec players and of course Hawks bought in some PLL talent........

Crabs holdback 25’s are non-factors - mediocre at best!

Looney’s & FCA added a few decent pieces.

Hawks are the Hawks... the class of 2026

I would disagree with the Crabs holdbacks that are coming from 2025; talented group to say the least and will make this team better regardless of your thoughts on holdbacks. They added nice goalie as well. Based on what I have seen this summer unless FCA improves at Attack they have no chance of scoring and it will be up to that very good defense to keep teams to less than 2 to 3 goals a game. Daddy-ball is ruining that team!! Looney's is looney's and will be middle of the pack as always.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #306826 08/12/20 11:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the nice thing about this country (and especially this board) is that people are free to do as they please, and then to laugh at each other's choices - care to share the team that your son plays for, so we can find some humor there too?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306829 08/12/20 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2025 Crabs are repeating 7th grade? Is this fact or just standard BOTC fun/trash talk?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306831 08/12/20 12:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any teams add any new talent?

Crabs added some 2025 talent; Looney's and FCA added some rec players and of course Hawks bought in some PLL talent........

Crabs holdback 25’s are non-factors - mediocre at best!

Looney’s & FCA added a few decent pieces.

Hawks are the Hawks... the class of 2026

I would disagree with the Crabs holdbacks that are coming from 2025; talented group to say the least and will make this team better regardless of your thoughts on holdbacks. They added nice goalie as well. Based on what I have seen this summer unless FCA improves at Attack they have no chance of scoring and it will be up to that very good defense to keep teams to less than 2 to 3 goals a game. Daddy-ball is ruining that team!! Looney's is looney's and will be middle of the pack as always.
Only way for crabs to compete.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306841 08/12/20 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask a question that will probably get me slammed, but fortunately I don't care. When boys repeat a grade and then become studs on teams like Hawks and Crabs, is the family's decision to hold back based on academics, or based solely on lacrosse?

I have two sons who are good players and I want them to be as good as they can, but our first priority by far is to be in the right grade based on academics. Do the Hawks and Crabs go out and recruit boys who have repeated for school-related reasons; or do families in those programs actually repeat an academic grade solely to get onto a younger lacrosse team?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #306843 08/12/20 03:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2025 Crabs are repeating 7th grade? Is this fact or just standard BOTC fun/trash talk?

3 to 5 I believe will be added to the team

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306852 08/12/20 03:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask a question that will probably get me slammed, but fortunately I don't care. When boys repeat a grade and then become studs on teams like Hawks and Crabs, is the family's decision to hold back based on academics, or based solely on lacrosse?

I have two sons who are good players and I want them to be as good as they can, but our first priority by far is to be in the right grade based on academics. Do the Hawks and Crabs go out and recruit boys who have repeated for school-related reasons; or do families in those programs actually repeat an academic grade solely to get onto a younger lacrosse team?

Seriously??? You ask if academics is the reason. LOL. Pure Lacrosse ! It is either regreting not doing a pre-first , reclassing to compete against all the holdbacks in MIAA or looking at their sons playing against older players, saying enough is enough. None to do with academics.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306853 08/12/20 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you " I want them to be as good as they can ", it is time to hold them back. That is the MIAA way. And frankly the way of top lacrosse teams and many players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306856 08/12/20 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe it is when kids switch from public school to private school. Private school more demanding/challenging so it is a valid repeat from academics perspective.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306858 08/12/20 04:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The motiviation is often a number of things. Most of the holdbacks appear to be private school. I think the motivation is just as much acadamic as it is sports. Many of the private schools pressure to do a pre1st after K. It makes their acadamics look better since the kids are more mature.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #306869 08/12/20 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question, kids switching to private from public that don't play sports do they repeat a grade, especially on the parent dollar? Very doubtful!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #306872 08/12/20 08:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe it is when kids switch from public school to private school. Private school more demanding/challenging so it is a valid repeat from academics perspective.
That's not what I've found - privates have more support, make $$ by having kid regress while public schools won't allow it. And not able to support advanced MS students taking HS level classes

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306874 08/12/20 08:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question, kids switching to private from public that don't play sports do they repeat a grade, especially on the parent dollar? Very doubtful!
Rich kids repeat on their parents' dime all the time for behavioral and/or academic purposes. There are tons of spoiled brats who play no sports and spend extra years in school as parents find ways to boost GPAs and SAT scores so their lazy overprivileged offspring can slack off in an ivy league school. Yes, I know lots of lax kids named Blaine, Bradford, Thatcher and Brooks also fit the bill, but there are many more pothead holdbacks that don't play lax (just look and sound like they do).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306876 08/12/20 10:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rich kids repeat on their parents' dime all the time for behavioral and/or academic purposes. There are tons of spoiled brats who play no sports and spend extra years in school as parents find ways to boost GPAs and SAT scores so their lazy overprivileged offspring can slack off in an ivy league school. Yes, I know lots of lax kids named Blaine, Bradford, Thatcher and Brooks also fit the bill, but there are many more pothead holdbacks that don't play lax (just look and sound like they do).
Wow. Dude. Take a deep breath. You need to see someone about your bottled up anger.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306877 08/12/20 10:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While all that is true, The boys coming in to play lacrosse from public to private are all about lacrosse. That is why they hold them back. Lacrosse ! The MIAA coaches know that many players already there are heldback/prefirst so they want the same for their recruited new players.
MIAA private school academics are everything from extremely hard to easy. It is not like everyone there is some brainiac, they need classes for normal learners too, including holdbacks. So lets stop that private is so much harder, it might be if you take the more difficult classes, but many are just like public classes. Spoken from two students in one of the two supposed high academic MIAA schools.

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 96 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 95 96
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard