BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lax pertaining to 2023 Graduating Boys (10th Graders) for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Top 10 2023 grads on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who are the Top 10 2023 grads on LI?

Already stirring the pot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad,

Just post your list with the name of your kids club at the top. The kids going into 10th grade are too old for this nonsense. The top 5 teams are known (interchangeable in that tops 5 depending who your kid plays for). Focus on your kid and his team. If you are still jockeying for position at this point you have issues!

Signed,

The lax parents not living vicariously through their kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 5?...new to all of this

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 5?...new to all of this

"new to all of this". Yeah, right. We're not taking your bait lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams have tryouts for 2023 this year.? My son has played for one of those top teams for a few years. And I say played in theory. Hasn’t seen many minutes and while he likes his teammates and practices he doesn’t get much time in game unless it’s a real blowout early. I can’t see how he’s going to have a highlight video. Please hold the rude comments. I just want to know where he can tryout this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would contact the organization you’re interested in. Most would find a spot for someone who will make their team better. Definitely need to get playing time in front of college coaches this year, playing for the “top team “ is great, but you also need to be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams have tryouts for 2023 this year.? My son has played for one of those top teams for a few years. And I say played in theory. Hasn’t seen many minutes and while he likes his teammates and practices he doesn’t get much time in game unless it’s a real blowout early. I can’t see how he’s going to have a highlight video. Please hold the rude comments. I just want to know where he can tryout this year.

Best thing to do is call a club that you think he will get play time on. We have all seen or heard about every club in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paul Rabil
Matt Kavanaugh
Grant ament
Tom Schreiber
Trevor Baptiste

Jack a--

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best thing to do is call a club that you think he will get play time on. We have all seen or heard about every club in this age group.

I think the majority of the clubs will have some sort of tryout shortly. Before you jump ship, if you haven't done so already, have a conversation with the coach/director and discuss the concerns you have. I would think hard about leaving your current club.Think outside the box, not one size fits all. In the end, money is the root of all evil!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. But I’m looking for a new club. I’ve received lots of promises from this club. My son may not be as good as the starters but he’s still a strong and fast player just undersized. I’m ok with less playing time but 2 mins is a joke. And every time there’s a new excuse. Now the director has offered to move him to the B team which is fine. But i think it’s better to be on the top or only team of a club. I can’t find which clubs have tryouts posted and I don’t know any other coaches to call

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. But I’m looking for a new club. I’ve received lots of promises from this club. My son may not be as good as the starters but he’s still a strong and fast player just undersized. I’m ok with less playing time but 2 mins is a joke. And every time there’s a new excuse. Now the director has offered to move him to the B team which is fine. But i think it’s better to be on the top or only team of a club. I can’t find which clubs have tryouts posted and I don’t know any other coaches to call

Promises, Promises...May find yourself in the same situation with a new team. Hypothetical; lets say whatever club you land with (A Team), your son get an offer to play for "X" school which is D1. Your kid accepts and settles on a major that he has no interest in, just to play lacrosse. OR, he narrows it down to a couple of schools that offer majors he interested in and may be a D1/D2 school. Hence, he attends (on his own) the prospect camps conducted by either of the schools and receives an offer. Think out side the box. And don't let anyone tell you, you can't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes you think any other A team will be different? Every A team has a bottom half. Most of these kids don’t play but stick with A team status. I would rather my kid be #1 on a B team then the bottom of an A and never play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. Keep off B teams from any club. They are not looked at seriously by colleges. If a coach does call the director about your son the director will be most likely steer the collage coach to an uncommitted kid on the top team, Is a B team worth it? All you have to do is look at 91, Igloo and Express B team commits for 2021. Very few commits and you decide how good the colleges are. Great advice by somebody here who said find a team he will play on. You are looking for the clubs that get in the best tournaments and where he will play. My son is D1 commit to a top academic and lacrosse college and never tried out for any of those big clubs that everyone seems to want to be apart of. So you don't need to be on the top or best club to be seen and recruited but you do have to be on the field at the correct events. The 2021 clubs (top teams only) that have a lot of D1 and D3 commits for great lacrosse and academic schools are in no order: Legacy, 91, Express, Rebels and FLG. S2S does not have a 2021 team but the guys who run that organization have many college connections and will get their kids in top schools when they get to the recruiting ages. All the other clubs on Long Island are far behind the ones just mentioned. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your situation is similar to the one I had with my middle son I dropped him to the B team on his club. It helped. His confidence went up because he was playing a lot. Entering sophomore year I had him try out for a recruiting team. He was excepted and had a great experience. He starts college in a few days. It’s not for everyone and all they players are not equal. Only a few made D1 most go D2 or D3 (mine is D3) Most importantly he is going to a very good school and he will be playing LAX.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. Keep off B teams from any club. They are not looked at seriously by colleges. If a coach does call the director about your son the director will be most likely steer the collage coach to an uncommitted kid on the top team, Is a B team worth it? All you have to do is look at 91, Igloo and Express B team commits for 2021. Very few commits and you decide how good the colleges are. Great advice by somebody here who said find a team he will play on. You are looking for the clubs that get in the best tournaments and where he will play. My son is D1 commit to a top academic and lacrosse college and never tried out for any of those big clubs that everyone seems to want to be apart of. So you don't need to be on the top or best club to be seen and recruited but you do have to be on the field at the correct events. The 2021 clubs (top teams only) that have a lot of D1 and D3 commits for great lacrosse and academic schools are in no order: Legacy, 91, Express, Rebels and FLG. S2S does not have a 2021 team but the guys who run that organization have many college connections and will get their kids in top schools when they get to the recruiting ages. All the other clubs on Long Island are far behind the ones just mentioned. Good luck.

Left off Igloo with almost the entire team committed. That was by accident.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm so sorry you think I was joking or baiting....Just wanted information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious... Can you give a list of the schools S2S kids went to? i know i've seen their field trip to NC, but i do not recall any of their guys (aside from the director's kid) going to the next levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no kid that is on top club B team, other than by a weird choice, that is a D1 talent. Even the top A teams will not place every player in D1. Your kid needs to play period. If you are on an A team and sit, guess what, no looks = no recruitment. You dont get better by sitting...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious... Can you give a list of the schools S2S kids went to? i know i've seen their field trip to NC, but i do not recall any of their guys (aside from the director's kid) going to the next levels.

S2S is a new program and have not had a team old enough to be recruited. I know those guys and they have connections and when the time comes the kids they have will be recruited. Great program. FLG is great with college connections. They get their kids recruited and go to schools they are probably not good enough but the directors know all the college coaches. Rebels director and his father got a lot of Outlaw kids recruited before starting this club and the 2021s is his first recruiting year and he is doing well getting the kids looks and recruited. They get into the best recruitment events and have enough connections to make it work. Legacy gets into the best events and have a lot of connections. Igloo, Express and 91 (top teams only not B teams) kids get recruited but they have kids that attend top lacrosse HS. They go to top events and know all the college coaches. Great connections. No club will get a kid recruited who does not belong. Each kid takes a different path to college. It is a combo of being seen at the right events, being on the field, attending the prospect camps and playing for a respected club team. These clubs listed here top teams should be on everyone's list so long as they play at least half the game. If your kid is not playing move him to a team where he plays but try to stay on one of these clubs listed here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Turtles ? I know they had success in the past .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their time has gone away. we played them at the last tournament, although we won, they have issues that need to be addressed on their sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their time has gone away. we played them at the last tournament, although we won, they have issues that need to be addressed on their sideline.

Thank you turtle parent. How would you know they have issues need to be addressed on sideline from opposite team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you turtle parent. How would you know they have issues need to be addressed on sideline from opposite team.

How do I know? Turtle parents complaining to us during and after the game. That's how I know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know about the turtles so I will not comment. If you list the tournaments the 2023 team attends I can tell you if those are good recruiting tournaments. The teams I listed in other posts Rebels, Legacy, Igloo, 91, Express all go to top recruiting tournament, have college connections and have had success in recruiting. Just look at the 2021 recruits for those programs. FLG attends weaker tournaments and has weaker teams in general but makes it up with great college connections. However, they do go to enough strong tournaments. S2S I know has connections and will be a great spot to go to too for recruiting. I'm sure they will get into the top tournaments and they have great colleges connections that will help all kids. Like I said I will not comment on the turtles because I do I don't know enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody received an update about whether the UA Long Island Command tryouts are going to be able to happen? Every region except LI and Upstate have had their tryouts. Just lists “Postponed” on the website still.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email the Coaches, there's a good chance they already know who they're picking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's usually not by some 'weird' choice, but since you're labelling...

Being a stud on a B team is usually the fault of all the Parasitic Parents, ParochialBS, Politics, Primadonnas, Prep PG & Pre-K, Payola, Player Propaganda for biased rankings from IL or LILJ Periodicals, and finally, all those parents partaking in coaches pilfering pockets, cause they're too paranoid to let the boys PLAY. 'Cause that would only result in their boys being put in their place. Instead, progenitors choose to put boys on a pedestal and become prognosticators of who is worthy of D1 concluding nobody is capable of playing at such a level unless they are on an A team. So now let's say you take the P's out. That leaves A,B,C,D and Door_Open_And, but many of the A team boys can't make the Door_Open_And grade cause 'lax is life', unless of course the parents bring the P back, paying the parochial professor $600 or a private tutor appointment just to get a B. Meanwhile the B team stud has been studying the whole time with a focus on As and playing the game the way it was meant to be played. He's going to A.) NESCAC, Ivy, or other high end schools B.) knowing there's no future in lacrosse, C.) all while the A team parents pine away with a lax version of PTSD D.) trying to figure out how the weird choice worked. Fact is if you actually used your pea-brain and knew the answer was E.) all of the above, and paid attention you wouldn't be posting such pointless garbage. If you just let the kid go to the library, improvise in the back yard, and do pick-up you'd get a free lesson that paying 30-50k to pad the egos of travel team owners is just not worth it because there are other important things in life.

My boy's wicked smaart. Not a '23, but he's committed D1. Go figure, we made the weird choice. Plus, as of July 15th, NCAA D1 is now allowing equivalency sports the ability to stack merit aid with athletic and need based aid. Who's on the A team now? Pop....hmmm, must be the sound of your head deflating. Good Luck Hunting for what's best for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's usually not by some 'weird' choice, but since you're labelling...

Being a stud on a B team is usually the fault of all the Parasitic Parents, ParochialBS, Politics, Primadonnas, Prep PG & Pre-K, Payola, Player Propaganda for biased rankings from IL or LILJ Periodicals, and finally, all those parents partaking in coaches pilfering pockets, cause they're too paranoid to let the boys PLAY. 'Cause that would only result in their boys being put in their place. Instead, progenitors choose to put boys on a pedestal and become prognosticators of who is worthy of D1 concluding nobody is capable of playing at such a level unless they are on an A team. So now let's say you take the P's out. That leaves A,B,C,D and Door_Open_And, but many of the A team boys can't make the Door_Open_And grade cause 'lax is life', unless of course the parents bring the P back, paying the parochial professor $600 or a private tutor appointment just to get a B. Meanwhile the B team stud has been studying the whole time with a focus on As and playing the game the way it was meant to be played. He's going to A.) NESCAC, Ivy, or other high end schools B.) knowing there's no future in lacrosse, C.) all while the A team parents pine away with a lax version of PTSD D.) trying to figure out how the weird choice worked. Fact is if you actually used your pea-brain and knew the answer was E.) all of the above, and paid attention you wouldn't be posting such pointless garbage. If you just let the kid go to the library, improvise in the back yard, and do pick-up you'd get a free lesson that paying 30-50k to pad the egos of travel team owners is just not worth it because there are other important things in life.

My boy's wicked smaart. Not a '23, but he's committed D1. Go figure, we made the weird choice. Plus, as of July 15th, NCAA D1 is now allowing equivalency sports the ability to stack merit aid with athletic and need based aid. Who's on the A team now? Pop....hmmm, must be the sound of your head deflating. Good Luck Hunting for what's best for you.

I disagree. The Ivy league, NESCAC and other top academic schools are not taking B team players. Most players are going to those schools come from AA teams. Also, the Ivy league, NESCAC and other top academic schools do not offer academic money. So the stacking of money does not apply to a student who has top grades and a great lacrosse player unless they down grade to a school that is below what they would get in for academics alone. Most kids get into better schools with lacrosse than they would have got in without lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are taking B team players, not a load, but they are taking them. So it's not right to say they don't take B team players. It's also not right to say don't play for a B team...might as well say give up before the go through puberty, That would be great for the sport! Players develop and many families don't want to deal with the BS mentioned above. You are correct that Ivy and NESCAC don't offer academic money, but there are other nationally ranked (academic and athletic) schools where the stacking works, especially if a specific type of major is available and it may very well rank higher than the Ivys. Plus, there are some Ivy's like the one in upstate NY with a tag line that says 'Any student. Any study.' But that is false, because it is known the coaches let travel coaches know they don't want the kid majoring in 'x' no matter how good the player is...or they admit the player and work hard to get the kid to change his major. In regard to NESCAC, many accredited majors aren't offered and the choice is liberal arts or business. Point is, you've gotta do your homework, know the goal, make it as fun and financially rewarding as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Bandits suited up for the Warriors today at Blatant? 4 or 5? Typical 91 shenanigans. Why do parents put up with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Bandits suited up for the Warriors today at Blatant? 4 or 5? Typical 91 shenanigans. Why do parents put up with that?
More fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Filled out the on-line eval. request for the Turtles. Heard mix reviews about them. How many do they carry on the team, and do they attend worthy tournaments. I have not seen them around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not fake news. The SWR kid was there and 6-7’others. You can’t hide it anymore. The kids all now each other by now. It was also video taped by the tournament. Can always check for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not fake news. The SWR kid was there and 6-7’others. You can’t hide it anymore. The kids all now each other by now. It was also video taped by the tournament. Can always check for yourself.

You’ll be unhappy to know that the entire team that was there today were all Warriors. You can check the films yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top recruit at this age plus 5 others were needed to beat the Rebels, True Blue, and Igloo? Really?!? And the response was, "Fake News". Warrior parents are getting played, big time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top recruit at this age plus 5 others were needed to beat the Rebels, True Blue, and Igloo? Really?!? And the response was, "Fake News". Warrior parents are getting played, big time.

No Bandits. That’s just a silly statement. The Warriors did not have to bring in additional players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Warriors did not need a stacked team to outplay these three teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Warriors did not need a stacked team to outplay these three teams.

Lol come on bro. You probably didn’t realize because you were asked to stay home for the bandits to use your spot. Truth hurts.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard