Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available for the Snipers Elite Skills & Drills Clinic!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Legacy Girls Lacrosse K-2 Clinics
by BOTC_EVENTS - 09/21/20 02:17 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 02:12 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 02:09 PM
Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 01:59 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 01:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,086
Posts272,450
Members2,207
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 358 of 366 1 2 356 357 358 359 360 365 366
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #306159 08/05/20 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Faceoffs are going to be a thing of the past soon anyway

Very true been hearing that for some time now , getting rid of the Draw. The position has been tweaked few times the past 5 yrs . Now they want to stop knee down. Face off clinics is a big business for some .

What is shommy going to do?

Not a FOGO lover but why so much detest for the faceoff? Would the game be so much more exciting if Team A scores on Team B, Team B takes it out of the net and Team A rides for a turn over and scores again and again and again? Free clear like grade school? Should we make penalties fast breaks again?

I watched an AA level game this weekend. If it were not for faceoffs the score would have been 50-0 as one team could not break the other teams ride when/if they made a save or got the ball in their own zone. Other team snatched it right back and scored immediately or just sat way back and the other team could not make any passes up the field without it getting intercepted. The only thing that kept it competitive was the other team being able to win some face offs and kill the clock and play some offense. I am not arguing either way, but what happens in this scenario. What then. Free clears from midfield. It's tough to find the right thing.

Again, not a fan of the player that is one dimensional and runs off but I also cant see the game with out the face off. Keep doing that pull ball out of net, draconian ride for turn over in 90 degree weather (unless you’re Wolfpack) and that D and the middies are stuck on the field running out of gas. Sorry fellas, its more like hockey, go to center ice and drop the puck and start play again. Ill take faceoffs with PLL rules over so much worry about changing the game.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #306200 08/06/20 08:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C’mon stop it. Three clubs already announced tryouts. Do you really think there won’t be tryouts. That’s funny. And no players on the B teams will make any A teams, or they would be there already. You don’t really believe that any B team player is making the A team? You need a travel parent intervention. Be the best on the B team and enjoy that. Or go to some second tier club A team.

What 3 clubs have announced tryouts? I haven't seen any. Also, the best middie on the 2023 A team was on the B the team for multiple years. Things change...

FLG and Turtles to name a few. Tryouts are likely happening in my opinion. And they are mostly to fill out the 2nd and 3rd teams. The best talent usually gets added outside or before tryouts.

Bro, Turtles are good. Drop/replace a defender we are golden.

How many team do the have for 2023? Just moved into Suffolk from Vt. Heard good things about them. My son plays defense and/or LSM.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306203 08/06/20 09:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C’mon stop it. Three clubs already announced tryouts. Do you really think there won’t be tryouts. That’s funny. And no players on the B teams will make any A teams, or they would be there already. You don’t really believe that any B team player is making the A team? You need a travel parent intervention. Be the best on the B team and enjoy that. Or go to some second tier club A team.

What 3 clubs have announced tryouts? I haven't seen any. Also, the best middie on the 2023 A team was on the B the team for multiple years. Things change...

FLG and Turtles to name a few. Tryouts are likely happening in my opinion. And they are mostly to fill out the 2nd and 3rd teams. The best talent usually gets added outside or before tryouts.

Bro, Turtles are good. Drop/replace a defender we are golden.

How many team do the have for 2023? Just moved into Suffolk from Vt. Heard good things about them. My son plays defense and/or LSM.

2023 will have as many teams as it can make, if they can make 3 to 4 teams, then Express will form them all

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #306229 08/06/20 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the “all tourney films will be included”. I guess I did not read the fine print, this weekend is not included. The hits keep coming from this organization. Just honor your word. Always disappointed...SMH.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306325 08/07/20 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the “all tourney films will be included”. I guess I did not read the fine print, this weekend is not included. The hits keep coming from this organization. Just honor your word. Always disappointed...SMH.

Typical Express ! Say one thing and do another! I'm sure all CoachC teams games are filmed all the other teams are not important enough ! What a hack organization!!!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #306431 08/08/20 05:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are one of the chosen few or you are not. There have been multiple B team players in recent years who ended up D1 whereas the A teams were packed with some kids not playing at all in college. These clubs are all pretty much the same. It is all about the A team. FLG used to be great when they had 1 team per grade. Then they tried to conquer
Long Island. To me, Express and 91 are just two versions of the same broken model: (1) everyone subsidizes the A team, (2) the A team gets very advantage with practice time , top tournaments et, and (3) nobody cares about getting your kid recruited unless they are a starter on the A team. And that would all be fine, except year in and year out they miss kids....in a big time way. So if you think your kid can really play, support him. Find someone outside Express who knows the game to give you an honest assessment. If you have a 2022-2023 kid on the B team (or not playing on A) then gas up the car and open up the wallet because you are going to have to drive him all over to prospect days, and individual showcases if you want him recruited. Good luck (I'm glad this BS is now behind our family).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306436 08/08/20 06:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are one of the chosen few or you are not. There have been multiple B team players in recent years who ended up D1 whereas the A teams were packed with some kids not playing at all in college. These clubs are all pretty much the same. It is all about the A team. FLG used to be great when they had 1 team per grade. Then they tried to conquer
Long Island. To me, Express and 91 are just two versions of the same broken model: (1) everyone subsidizes the A team, (2) the A team gets very advantage with practice time , top tournaments et, and (3) nobody cares about getting your kid recruited unless they are a starter on the A team. And that would all be fine, except year in and year out they miss kids....in a big time way. So if you think your kid can really play, support him. Find someone outside Express who knows the game to give you an honest assessment. If you have a 2022-2023 kid on the B team (or not playing on A) then gas up the car and open up the wallet because you are going to have to drive him all over to prospect days, and individual showcases if you want him recruited. Good luck (I'm glad this BS is now behind our family).

No offense to any B kids or parents, but there is enough of a selection of offerings.... DO NOT do a B team. You get pooped on. Go to a lower tier club where your kid will get killed every week, but will at least play.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306458 08/08/20 11:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2021 class Igloo, 91 and Express B teams have no D1 commits. Clubs such as Legacy and Rebels have a bunch of D1 Commits. So what you are saying appears true. One other thing that you missed, if Your kid plays on 91, Express or Igloo B teams and goes to a prospect camp and a college coach calls the club director about your kid, the odds are that the club director will tell the college coach that there are players on the top team who are much better. So your kid goes to a prospect camp and gets noticed and your club director is promoting an uncommitted kid on the A team. So what you are saying is true. Stay away from these big club B teams. College commits for all divisions are much better at some of the other clubs that are not the big three. I do disagree with you about FLG. I think the are good for recruiting and do have success given the talent they have to work with.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #306475 08/09/20 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re a B team parent the problem is coaches at team showcases are more likely watching the better teams. Or, and I have seen this, they see that the team uncompetitive and they’ll pick their up and find another game. You’re only hope is your sons B team develops like a 91 Ambush or United. But B team success is spotty as best,

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306485 08/09/20 10:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point people are trying to make is even if the B team develops into a decent team colleges don’t take them seriously. 91 Ambush is a perfect example. They are a decent B team and have no D1 commits. I have seen them play and they have one or two kids that can play D1 but probably won’t get the chance. Take that same team with the same players and put them on another club where they are the top team and those two D1 players they do have would get more looks and offers and maybe some more would get D1 offers too. The history of the 91 and Express B teams shows us very few D 1 commits and most go to schools people never heard of.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #306491 08/09/20 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point people are trying to make is even if the B team develops into a decent team colleges don’t take them seriously. 91 Ambush is a perfect example. They are a decent B team and have no D1 commits. I have seen them play and they have one or two kids that can play D1 but probably won’t get the chance. Take that same team with the same players and put them on another club where they are the top team and those two D1 players they do have would get more looks and offers and maybe some more would get D1 offers too. The history of the 91 and Express B teams shows us very few D 1 commits and most go to schools people never heard of.

Sometimes, if not most, kids stack playing lacrosse over the career field. To me, it makes no sense gong to a top D1(unless you come from wealth) school only to play lacrosse and afterwards worry about what you will do to put food on the table.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #306494 08/09/20 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its unfortunate the there are no college coaches at the tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306495 08/09/20 11:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^100% agree^^^^
This model is broken.....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306498 08/09/20 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sometimes, if not most, kids stack playing lacrosse over the career field. To me, it makes no sense gong to a top D1(unless you come from wealth) school only to play lacrosse and afterwards worry about what you will do to put food on the table.

Most D1 lacrosse programs are very good on the academic side. Graduates do very well. There is no evidence that D1 players worry about putting food on the table more than a D2 or D3 player. In fact most D2 academics are not great. D3 academics range from top schools to terrible schools. For many D1 lacrosse gets these kids into much better schools than they would be able to get into without lacrosse. It is not uncommon to talk to a parent who has a kid that plays D2 or D3 and the first words they say are " My kid could play D1 but he does not to because....." People make choices for many reasons. Its fine. No need to explain why someone chose D2 or D3. Playing D1 lacrosse does not make the person. Nothing wrong with not playing D1 lacrosse. Many do choose not to. But it is misinformation to say that D1 graduates worry about putting food on the table so D1 is not a good choice. Going back to the topic on Express and 91 B teams - I doubt all of them choose D2 or D3 as part of a career decision. You should expect at least some to pick a D1 school if offered. Problem is these kids don't get that offer. Not saying they are not good enough. Just pointing out they are better off on another club A team if they do want a D1 opportunity or even a top academic school. Take a look at 2021 91 B (Ambush), Express B and Igloo B commits and compare them to legacy, Rebels and FLG commits and see which kids are going to better academic and lacrosse schools. It is not even close. You can find the information on each club web site, Inside lacrosse, Back of the cage commit section, Sports recruits or conneclax.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #306594 08/10/20 08:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is LI Express still hosting the Lax Clash/Tristar tournament on August 22nd-23rd??

Like Reply Quote
Page 358 of 366 1 2 356 357 358 359 360 365 366
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard