BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 116 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All those Capital Blue players that got out on the DC UA team went 0-2 against Baltimore and 1-2 against the South. Maybe the M&D and Skywalkers girls are better after all since Baltimore went 5-0 and won regional easily.
DC went 1-3 because of their tryout process. They had no chance of winning.

DC tryouts were a sham, and it cost them the best team(s) they could have fielded. While it played out some at Highlight, this was especially true at the Command level, where it was run by 2nd tier-level team coaches who picked their own players and got an 0-5 and non-competive result to show for it. Not saying the DC team would have won with a better process, just saying it would have been a lot more competitive at both levels.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those Capital Blue players that got out on the DC UA team went 0-2 against Baltimore and 1-2 against the South. Maybe the M&D and Skywalkers girls are better after all since Baltimore went 5-0 and won regional easily.

DC tryouts were a sham, and it cost them the best team(s) they could have fielded. While it played out some at Highlight, this was especially true at the Command level, where it was run by 2nd tier-level team coaches who picked their own players and got an 0-5 and non-competive result to show for it. Not saying the DC team would have won with a better process, just saying it would have been a lot more competitive at both levels.

But I was told here that Capital Blue had the best 2021 players in the country now. Considering 7 of them were on the team rhey should have had no problem winning more than one game right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But I was told here that Capital Blue had the best 2021 players in the country now. Considering 7 of them were on the team rhey should have had no problem winning more than one game right?

7 players on the best 2021 team is different than a team comprised of the top 2-3 players from the top few clubs. It really comes down to the tryout process and coaching, which DC did not have. Their coaches were out of their league compared to other regions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well maybe instead of keeping 7 kids from his own club he should have kept the 3 M&D girls he cut that had been on the team the last two years. Replacing them with an uncommitted 2021 and more capital girls and 22s doesn’t make much sense. Those girls aren’t committed to Stanford, Navy and Va Tech for no reason. They don’t play for Capital or go to Bi though so....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well maybe instead of keeping 7 kids from his own club he should have kept the 3 M&D girls he cut that had been on the team the last two years. Replacing them with an uncommitted 2021 and more capital girls and 22s doesn’t make much sense. Those girls aren’t committed to Stanford, Navy and Va Tech for no reason. They don’t play for Capital or go to Bi though so....

Agreed 100 💯! That is the political aspect of tryouts. You do realize that there is a reason the M&D girls tried out for DC don’t you? That is something to take into consideration.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed 100 💯! That is the political aspect of tryouts. You do realize that there is a reason the M&D girls tried out for DC don’t you? That is something to take into consideration.
Let’s pretend we don’t. Enlighten us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The M&D girls that have played for DC go to Visitation, Good Counsel, Quince Orchard and Spalding. None are from Baltimore which is why they tried out for DC. Not sure what you are insinuating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The M&D girls that have played for DC go to Visitation, Good Counsel, Quince Orchard and Spalding. None are from Baltimore which is why they tried out for DC. Not sure what you are insinuating.
Inquiring minds would like to know what he/she is insinuating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 girls have reported a commitment to Inside Lacrosse.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/club/team/Capital+2021+Blue/9774/2020

Well the Cal commits have a slight edge at a great school. All others seem to be in a great place as well. Good for them and congrats.

Congratulations on all of your commitments! Well done ! These young ladies might be considered as a top team as well.
YJ 2021 Blue
Harvard -2
Yale -2
Stanford -3
Boston College
Virginia
Maryland -2
Stony Brook -2
Army
Delaware
Florida
USC -2
Arizona State
Penn State
Johns Hopkins
Furman
Pittsburgh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what is happening with the 9/1 contact date for 2022s? Did the NCAA vote on the IWLCA's proposal to move to 7/1, or is the change still a possibility?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some rumors that it isn't changing, contact date to remain 9/1/2020 for class of 2022. still rumors right now so we will see.
'
I think the fact that the men's coaches voted to keep the date has help the girls cause

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what is happening with the 9/1 contact date for 2022s? Did the NCAA vote on the IWLCA's proposal to move to 7/1, or is the change still a possibility?

The recruiting dead period was just extended through Sept 30th but I don't think they've voted on women's lax contact date for 2022s yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the Cal commits have a slight edge at a great school. All others seem to be in a great place as well. Good for them and congrats.

Congratulations on all of your commitments! Well done ! These young ladies might be considered as a top team as well.
YJ 2021 Blue
Harvard -2
Yale -2
Stanford -3
Boston College
Virginia
Maryland -2
Stony Brook -2
Army
Delaware
Florida
USC -2
Arizona State
Penn State
Johns Hopkins
Furman
Pittsburgh

Based on commits it's pretty obvious that YJ, M&D and Skywalkers have the most talent. Of course I think everyone already knew that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2021 Blue
Harvard -2
Yale -2
Stanford -3
Boston College
Virginia
Maryland -2
Stony Brook -2
Army
Delaware
Florida
USC -2
Arizona State
Penn State
Johns Hopkins
Furman
Pittsburgh

Based on commits it's pretty obvious that YJ, M&D and Skywalkers have the most talent. Of course I think everyone already knew that.
Maybe in the 2021 class...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2021 Blue
Harvard -2
Yale -2
Stanford -3
Boston College
Virginia
Maryland -2
Stony Brook -2
Army
Delaware
Florida
USC -2
Arizona State
Penn State
Johns Hopkins
Furman
Pittsburgh

Maybe in the 2021 class...

That was the discussion. Though based on early commits YJ, M&D and SW off to a good start with the 2022 class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a few missing from the IL list also, maybe 5-7 additional commits that I’m aware of not listed..
UVA, Harvard, Richmond, UNC, Mercer Hofstra

so much for Coaches taking their time..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 Sw players from 23 blue.
6 from M&D black.
I guess M&D coach didn’t do a good enough job.

At DC there were 7-8 Va metro girls and not many M&D girls.

Unfortunately lots of good players don’t make the final 23.

Btw there were a couple evaluators at both DC and Baltimore and they might actually look for the best players at the tryout but I’m sure nobody wants to believe that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 Sw players from 23 blue.
6 from M&D black.
I guess M&D coach didn’t do a good enough job.

At DC there were 7-8 Va metro girls and not many M&D girls.

Unfortunately lots of good players don’t make the final 23.

Btw there were a couple evaluators at both DC and Baltimore and they might actually look for the best players at the tryout but I’m sure nobody wants to believe that.
Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to how the recruiting process is going for the 2022's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very fast. Shocked how quickly considering coaches haven't seen the girls play live in a year. Much faster than last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very fast. Shocked how quickly considering coaches haven't seen the girls play live in a year. Much faster than last year.

As a club coach who has witnessed this yearly for the past 7 years I am shocked how quickly it has gone this year. And shocking since the IWLCA was pushing for a delay until next summer. I wonder what changed? It's terrible for girls from smaller or newer clubs because it's been very obvious that college coaches are just recruiting girls based on club recommendations and not on actual player performance. Don't get me wrong, there have been some very deserving commitments but there has also been more than usual head scratchers. And many very talented girls left out of the commitment pool so far. This has definitely been brand new territory for even those of us who have some experience!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a club coach who has witnessed this yearly for the past 7 years I am shocked how quickly it has gone this year. And shocking since the IWLCA was pushing for a delay until next summer. I wonder what changed? It's terrible for girls from smaller or newer clubs because it's been very obvious that college coaches are just recruiting girls based on club recommendations and not on actual player performance. Don't get me wrong, there have been some very deserving commitments but there has also been more than usual head scratchers. And many very talented girls left out of the commitment pool so far. This has definitely been brand new territory for even those of us who have some experience!

The big 3 MD clubs seem to be doing the best SW, MD and Heros. about half their teams are commited in the first month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with all of the above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with all of the above.

While I agree that it has been fast and furious for some schools who were prepared to recruit who they had on there lists, I have a hard time believing any college coach would make an offer to player on a club recommendation. Seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now I’m sitting here wondering how it will go for my 23. Our team has t had the best past 12 months and because I like to film I at least have some film of my girl. But what about the others who don’t have film, didn’t have a high school year, Had no camps, no campus visits, got their tournaments screwed up and played weird teams and weird tiers at tournaments- I feel there is nothing to show for these girls.
I wil say that there is a 22 who just got recruited by a/ the top school who did not play for a big 3 or a big 5 but had an awesome Twitter and Insta. So maybe that is the direction? My girl won’t really put her self out there like that, posting workouts and inspiration quotes. But duly noted...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the transfer portal could be busy in 2023

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would estimate that we’re only about 1/3 the way through d1 recruiting. The 22 class is going to be a lot smaller due to 5th years. How much smaller is the issue. The job market continues to be garbage and hiding in a masters is a good gap filler

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is probably not difficult to identify the top 100 players. A simple screen of high school ,Ua, development camp rosters and etc should capture a decent list. The real work is to identify players 100-500.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is probably not difficult to identify the top 100 players. A simple screen of high school ,Ua, development camp rosters and etc should capture a decent list. The real work is to identify players 100-500.

Workhorse players, often not identified in the top 75 players, are the keys to a successful college program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Workhorse players, often not identified in the top 75 players, are the keys to a successful college program.

Agree. And unfortunately the way the recruiting period has gone for the 2022 class so far, many of these girls have been overlooked. It will be interesting to see how this changes things once they are playing in college. There may be some very disappointed college coaches out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. And unfortunately the way the recruiting period has gone for the 2022 class so far, many of these girls have been overlooked. It will be interesting to see how this changes things once they are playing in college. There may be some very disappointed college coaches out there.
More than some will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, are you saying the coaches are going to be disappointed in who they recruited? Or that they may have missed some good players? If you are stating that they will be disappointed in their selection, that is an obnoxious comment. The coaches didn't blindly pick their recruits...clearly they know them as a player...so I'm very confused by your statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day coaches are taking commitments from kids they only probably watched last fall. Summer of 19 coaches we’re watching 21s. Some coaches will be happy some will be disappointed with whom there being sold a bill of goods for from coaches/club directors. Watched all the 22s play for years and some of the commitments are a stretch for sure. Also go lay on a beach get a really good tan and seems like you could go to any school you want...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now you are stating that you have watched EVERY 22 player that have committed....THAT is a stretch for sure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What he/she is insinuating is that there were 22s recruited solely because they're minorities not for their talent which is why they suggested sunbathing to get a "really good tan". Comment is obnoxious, inappropriate and keyboard warrior sounds bitter. Shame on you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What he/she is insinuating is that there were 22s recruited solely because they're minorities not for their talent which is why they suggested sunbathing to get a "really good tan". Comment is obnoxious, inappropriate and keyboard warrior sounds bitter. Shame on you

Inappropriate yes, completely untrue no. In today’s time teams are trying to diversify so yeah there may be some “stretches” skill wise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day coaches are taking commitments from kids they only probably watched last fall. Summer of 19 coaches we’re watching 21s. Some coaches will be happy some will be disappointed with whom there being sold a bill of goods for from coaches/club directors. Watched all the 22s play for years and some of the commitments are a stretch for sure. Also go lay on a beach get a really good tan and seems like you could go to any school you want...

WOW...are you proud of yourself for actually typing that????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may not like what I said but your not saying wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may not like what I said but your not saying wrong!
Continue making your anonymous comments. It’s clear you are comfortable with being a racist. I can only imagine your player’s attitude.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 116 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard