BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 66 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Playing in the B bracket tournaments. Couldnt find the 26's at NAL or NLF in the Elite league

Then you're not looking hard enough[/quote]
26s were at NAL...also the Platinum Cup had as good of competition as anywhere this past weekend, took down WCS, FCA and Madlax in the last 3 games. That is not B level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did Looneys rename themselves Team Old Bay?

Team Red Solo Cup would have been more fitting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They left Looneys organization. Looneys lost 2024s, 2027s, and 2023 B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow.... So they are only going to field 1 High School team this year? No wonder tryout fees are so high Not a great look.. not sure a better website will help them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By lost, do you means the players left individually or the teams have gone to another club in tact?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.... So they are only going to field 1 High School team this year? No wonder tryout fees are so high Not a great look.. not sure a better website will help them

Not sure where that comes from.

No 22 team, but that's old news. 23 Orange is fine. 23 Green might continue, but I'd bet not. There are still two 24 teams and 25 teams as far as I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 27 disbanded. Crabs took a some amount of looneys on 27. Look for the looneys bags!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow new website....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's orange 2024 went to crabs and is now called Old Bay but they still have 2024 green. I heard 2023 is "falling apart" but they say that every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they are so old they changed the name to Ben Happy...May be a rumor though...Not sure what is going on..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's orange 2024 went to crabs and is now called Old Bay but they still have 2024 green. I heard 2023 is "falling apart" but they say that every year.

2023 Orange returned the entire team. The kids and parents seems universally happy with the team.

2023 Green is a different story. It's unclear whether it continues.

2024 Orange/Green is now one large team after Crabs grabbed a lot of the Orange team by promising practices when no one else was practicing because of Covid. Kind of scummy IMO, but the parents decided to bite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 Orange returned the entire team. The kids and parents seems universally happy with the team.

2023 Green is a different story. It's unclear whether it continues.

2024 Orange/Green is now one large team after Crabs grabbed a lot of the Orange team by promising practices when no one else was practicing because of Covid. Kind of scummy IMO, but the parents decided to bite.

2023 Green Coach and few of their starters went to FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Green Coach and few of their starters went to FCA.[/quote]

So FCA must have taken a step make then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So FCA must have taken a step make then.[/quote]

I do not believe any of the Green Team players made either of the FCA teams; I heard a lot went to ROCK.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I do not believe any of the Green Team players made either of the FCA teams; I heard a lot went to ROCK.[/quote]

At least 1 Looney Green made the FCA White team, the kid was the son of a Looney coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Dogpile

I do not believe any of the Green Team players made either of the FCA teams; I heard a lot went to ROCK.

At least 1 Looney Green made the FCA White team, the kid was the son of a Looney coach.[/quote]

This. After years of preaching team unity and fighting to keep the green team together, he rolled out to FCA White team. I can’t say I blame him. The team was a combo of B players with too many C players to fill out the numbers to be competitive. This year’s squad was a bit of a dumpster fire.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

At least 1 Looney Green made the FCA White team, the kid was the son of a Looney coach.

This. After years of preaching team unity and fighting to keep the green team together, he rolled out to FCA White team. I can’t say I blame him. The team was a combo of B players with too many C players to fill out the numbers to be competitive. This year’s squad was a bit of a dumpster fire.[/quote]

if he was more fair on playing time, more kids would have stayed. Daddy ball forced a few to find a better fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not believe any of the Green Team players made either of the FCA teams; I heard a lot went to ROCK.[/quote]

Wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least 1 Looney Green made the FCA White team, the kid was the son of a Looney coach.[/quote]

This. After years of preaching team unity and fighting to keep the green team together, he rolled out to FCA White team. I can’t say I blame him. The team was a combo of B players with too many C players to fill out the numbers to be competitive. This year’s squad was a bit of a dumpster fire.[/quote]

Send those Looneys green players to True - 2 teams. True on 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This. After years of preaching team unity and fighting to keep the green team together, he rolled out to FCA White team. I can’t say I blame him. The team was a combo of B players with too many C players to fill out the numbers to be competitive. This year’s squad was a bit of a dumpster fire.

I hear they went out strong at least - did well in their last tournament. Although bringing in a few kids from orange helped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys Green kids didn’t make the grade. Most of not at all not invited back...McDaniel HC and 2023 coach is the real deal.. Doesn’t have time for kids that haven’t been trained properly...Good luck..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they had no coach all year, just a few college kids. They were a great team, what happened????? Guess Orange teams daddy ball needed to be the only team....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Send those Looneys green players to True - 2 teams. True on 2.[/quote]

Apparently TRUE is made up with a lot of Harford Mavrick players, since they folded

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they had no coach all year, just a few college kids. They were a great team, what happened????? Guess Orange teams daddy ball needed to be the only team....

Tom, let it go. Your kid got cut. It is ok. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would Orange care about being only team? A handful of Orange players were on green first and then made Orange as the grew or got better. 2nd teams often don't make it to HS. A good run. BTW why so much discussion about Looney's on here? Seems like the most discussed club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would Orange care about being only team? A handful of Orange players were on green first and then made Orange as the grew or got better. 2nd teams often don't make it to HS. A good run. BTW why so much discussion about Looney's on here? Seems like the most discussed club.

Maybe bc they have some of the most pompous out of touch my kid plays lax while I wear vineyard vines parents and others take delight in their house of cards collapsing. The players are Rec level but mommy and daddy told them they were great and no they have no team for obvious reasons. That green Coach was the biggest hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Maybe bc they have some of the most pompous out of touch my kid plays lax while I wear vineyard vines parents and others take delight in their house of cards collapsing. The players are Rec level but mommy and daddy told them they were great and no they have no team for obvious reasons. That green Coach was the biggest hammerhead.

You pretty much just described parents for all the ELITE programs, Crabs, FCA, and Hawks are no different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously..way off....stop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow you guys if not parents and or coaches are kind of jerks...We love Tom...Great guy and great kids...Looneys parents need to take a break...It seems they have BOC all figured out....Sounds like you all need to move on..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe bc they have some of the most pompous out of touch my kid plays lax while I wear vineyard vines parents and others take delight in their house of cards collapsing. The players are Rec level but mommy and daddy told them they were great and no they have no team for obvious reasons. That green Coach was the biggest hammerhead.[/quote]

You sound bitter; just tell your son to keep working hard and most importantly have fun!! His hard will lead him to a team eventually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except Looneys Green team is not (was not) elite. That is the point.

You pretty much just described parents for all the ELITE programs, Crabs, FCA, and Hawks are no different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound bitter; just tell your son to keep working hard and most importantly have fun!! His hard will lead him to a team eventually.[/quote]

Uh, sir, the team folded

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excuse me, I wouldn't be caught dead in Vineyard Vines. Our family only does Ralph Lauren Purple Label. Pshhh

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Excuse me, I wouldn't be caught dead in Vineyard Vines. Our family only does Ralph Lauren Purple Label. Pshhh

Collar up and flat brimming as well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that’s wrong, I watched them play over the years. They were a very good team. Sounds like you weren’t good enough for them or even learned proper English. So, go wear your Jaqueline Smith Kmart collection clothing! Why attack a bunch of nice kids. Half the Orange team came from Green or couldn’t you read that in the previous text? Maybe you didn’t have a mom or dad who loved you????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice one, unfortunately most people don’t even know about it outside the Chevy Chase area!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true, all invited back. If the coach needed better trained kids, he must be an awful coach. Let the kids do the work and take the credit? Coaches teach and help player improve! If not he should focus on his day job!!! Their coaches We’re a no show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Daddy coach is Head Coach again...I guess he didn’t like the fact that The High School Coach sat his son this season...Now all offensive plays can resume through coaches son....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Daddy coach is Head Coach again...I guess he didn’t like the fact that The High School Coach sat his son this season...Now all offensive plays can resume through coaches son....

Are you talking about Orange? Daddy took
Back the job from Loyola coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking about Orange? Daddy took
Back the job from Loyola coach?

Someone has no idea what they are talking about.

"High School Coach" only coached 2023 Orange last Fall for a couple of practices and a single tournament, the IL Invitational. "Daddy coach's" son started the IL Invitational games and played well. He's played well this year as well.

"High School Coach" hasn't been involved at all this year.

The team is fine. In fact, both parents and kids seem really happy with the team. Every single kids returned.

Perhaps someone should just move on?

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 66 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard