BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,617
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 45 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
#6 Stony Brook eeking out a 4 goal win over a depleted Hofstra team is not a great result.. doesn’t bode well for the sea-wolves doing much come tourney time

Please stop, Hofstra is not a depleted team. Stony Brook jumped out early, The Dutch fought back and never gave up. It was 9 - 7 in the 3rd (if I recall correctly)... Hofstra was controlling the draw and had the opportunity to pull within 1. Credit SBU Goalie for making at least 3 critical saves ... (Hofstra goalie also played well) . SBU capitalized in a couple of situations to hold on to the gap. They are both solid teams, SBU has the edge because they expect to win, they have confidence. If Hofstra can develop a little more confidence they can win The CAA. Stony Brook is a good team and the better team today. In my opinion (and I am often wrong) SBU not Too 10 right now. Hofstra had opportunities, which means their game plan was solid. Couldn’t tell you if it was SBU goalie or poor shot placement but either way the top tier teams will not let opportunities slip away. In the end, two very solid teams . Congratulations to Stony Brook. Hofstra should build upon a good effort.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other athletes redshirt as freshmen because of the roles upperclassmen all of the time - football being the notable sport where it occurs. There was a setter at PSU volleyball that was a top 10 recruit and redshirt her freshman year because the then senior setter was a 4x AA that was the best setter in the nation. It happens all of the time even without injuries.

Not sure why this isn't talked about more in the lacrosse world...

It’s a money / scholarship issue. Women’s Lacrosse ha a maximum of 12 scholarships (divided between 30 + players). In most situations coaches want their best players on the field which means the top freshmen play. If the player is a second tier freshman why would the coach want to commit to an additional year? The coaches want to use the scholarship $$ on the next top tier freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook was outplayed second half, were dominated on the draw circle. They got a few early calls, like a non existent charge that took a goal off the board and a green card for improper stick change after winning yet another draw. 4 goal swing off these plays early.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other athletes redshirt as freshmen because of the roles upperclassmen all of the time - football being the notable sport where it occurs. There was a setter at PSU volleyball that was a top 10 recruit and redshirt her freshman year because the then senior setter was a 4x AA that was the best setter in the nation. It happens all of the time even without injuries.

Not sure why this isn't talked about more in the lacrosse world...

Will be interesting to see if there are many red shirts on the boys side many electing to PG a year

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by The Hop
Actually, allowing additional eligibility due to COVID is a bad decision. Yes it may be great for the grad students etc, but the effect on so many other players including the current freshman and high school players of recruiting age is far more damaging and impactful than the disappointment players who lost a year may have felt. Far more players are adversely impacted than those who would have lost a year.
Using the argument FOR added eligibility, shouldn’t the current freshman also get an added year? Since their ability to play may be taken away due to grads playing ahead of them?

Good decision or bad decision the decision was made and everyone has to play by the same rules. Why is the situation more impactful on current freshmen and High Scholl Players?

No, the current freshmen should not receive an added year. There are always 5th year players and transfers, not playing as a freshmen because you did not earn the playing time over another player should not enable you to have an added year simply because you didn't earn playing time. There are many freshmen who are earning playing time. Life is not fair, nothing is handed to most people it is earned. It is a difficult situation for everyone, do the best you can, where you are with wat you have. Many players (freshmen, sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, Transfers, 5th yr) do not see the field.

The following statement from above blows me away but I guess I shouldn't be surprised:

** "Since their ability to play may be taken away due to grads playing ahead of them?"**

Players / people in general are owed nothing except the chance to compete. Nothing is being taken away from freshmen or any other player for that matter. Players have to earn "playing time" it doesn't matter what year the player is or it they are a transfer.

Thanks for the response.
To use your logic that no one is “owed” anything then why were players granted additional eligibility due to the pandemic? They didn’t earn that eligibility. It was granted due to unforeseen circumstances. Right?
Further, all active roster players were given added eligibility regardless of whether they played or not or whether they “earned” it. Your logic would say that’s not appropriate. Right?
Lastly, I’m sorry your “blown away” by an opinion that’s shared by many within the lacrosse world. Hopefully things will return to normal soon and this great power grab will studied and seen for what it is.

I honestly thought this was a joke, you cant be serious, you honestly believe the freshmen class deserves another year of eligibility? What a ridiculous and utterly selfish thought!! What people in the lacrosse community agree with you? I have 2 daughters playing college and never heard anything of the kind. What happened precious is not getting enough recognition or playing time? Welcome to division 1 sports, your control over the HS AD and coach are over.
First of all your personal attacks and assumptions show your immaturity. You know nothing about me but trust that I have 5 times the D1 lacrosse experience that you and your kids may have combined. With that said, you should learn to have a debate without personally attacking your opponents. When you do you show us your weak and uninformed. Your kids will benefit from your example as well.
Also, considering I moderate posts here and know who you are (ip address is a great thing) you may want to tone it down and grow up a bit. People can have different opinions than you ya know, it’s ok. Good luck to your daughter.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Sp

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#6 Stony Brook eeking out a 4 goal win over a depleted Hofstra team is not a great result.. doesn’t bode well for the sea-wolves doing much come tourney time
I thought I would watch the battle of LI yesterday and honestly came away more impressed by Hofstra than I did Stony Brook. Hofstra put themselves in an early 7-1 hole and then outplayed SB for 40 minutes. It was 9-7 with less than 10 minutes left and it was not the lack of chances for Hofstra. SB goalie came up big with 12 saves. Overall a very good game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Please stop, Hofstra is not a depleted team. Stony Brook jumped out early, The Dutch fought back and never gave up. It was 9 - 7 in the 3rd (if I recall correctly)... Hofstra was controlling the draw and had the opportunity to pull within 1. Credit SBU Goalie for making at least 3 critical saves ... (Hofstra goalie also played well) . SBU capitalized in a couple of situations to hold on to the gap. They are both solid teams, SBU has the edge because they expect to win, they have confidence. If Hofstra can develop a little more confidence they can win The CAA. Stony Brook is a good team and the better team today. In my opinion (and I am often wrong) SBU not Too 10 right now. Hofstra had opportunities, which means their game plan was solid. Couldn’t tell you if it was SBU goalie or poor shot placement but either way the top tier teams will not let opportunities slip away. In the end, two very solid teams . Congratulations to Stony Brook. Hofstra should build upon a good effort.

Are you sure you were watching women's lacrosse? Last I checked, they don't play quarters...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Are you sure you were watching women's lacrosse? Last I checked, they don't play quarters...

Typical response on here... right up there with the spelling and grammar police... slightly above "thanks mom".

Back to the game... Good game, both are decent teams bud certainly not in the top tier. SBU most likely finishes around 13-15, Hofstra has a tougher row to [ChillLaxin] and will have beat some solid teams and possibly win the CAA in order to make the Tournament. Stony Brook will probably not be challenged until the NCAA Tournament. It is unlikely that they will be competitive with any Top 10 Teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical response on here... right up there with the spelling and grammar police... slightly above "thanks mom".

Back to the game... Good game, both are decent teams bud certainly not in the top tier. SBU most likely finishes around 13-15, Hofstra has a tougher row to [ChillLaxin] and will have beat some solid teams and possibly win the CAA in order to make the Tournament. Stony Brook will probably not be challenged until the NCAA Tournament. It is unlikely that they will be competitive with any Top 10 Teams.

I believe SB can make the final 8, probably because their remaining schedule is very easy and I do not think they will drop out of the top 8 teams in the rankings. This would get them home field and a possible bye in first round. At that point win one game and you are in final 8. I cannot see them getting past that round though becasue you will probably be facing a UNC, Syracuse or Northwestern.

Hofstra obviously will have a much tougher road. The CAA is very competitive this year. Besides traditional powers like JMU and Towson, both Drexel and Elon are playing well and are both top 25 team IMO. I could see the CAA getting an at large bid this year since there are no Ivies and the CAA is exceptionally strong this year. Hofstra may be te fifth best team in CAA right now and will need to prove themselves now that conference play starts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep reading that there are no Ivies this year but I just read Penn is now playing . Will the other Ivies follow .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe SB can make the final 8, probably because their remaining schedule is very easy and I do not think they will drop out of the top 8 teams in the rankings. This would get them home field and a possible bye in first round. At that point win one game and you are in final 8. I cannot see them getting past that round though becasue you will probably be facing a UNC, Syracuse or Northwestern.

Hofstra obviously will have a much tougher road. The CAA is very competitive this year. Besides traditional powers like JMU and Towson, both Drexel and Elon are playing well and are both top 25 team IMO. I could see the CAA getting an at large bid this year since there are no Ivies and the CAA is exceptionally strong this year. Hofstra may be te fifth best team in CAA right now and will need to prove themselves now that conference play starts

Selection Process:

The championship provides for a field of 29 teams to compete in a single-elimination tournament. Sixteen conference champions qualify automatically; the balance of the field is selected at-large by the NCAA Division I Women’s Lacrosse Committee. The top eight teams in the 29-team bracket for the championship are seeded. The top three teams receive first-round byes.

Stony Brook has zero chance of a first round bye. Hofstra definitely has their work cut out for them. ACC could have 5 at large bids, The Big 10 could have 3 or 4 at large bids, Patriot League probably 1 at large bid , not sure what it means but hearing Penn is now playing.... depending on what happens there will probably be 3 or 4 at large bids up for grabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep reading that there are no Ivies this year but I just read Penn is now playing . Will the other Ivies follow .
Playing three scheduled games all home contests or within 40 miles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penn state loses to unranked Ohio state. Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penn state loses to unranked Ohio state. Wow

Yeah, not sure what to make of the Big 10 Teams this year. From what I have seen they all could be Top 20. Only playing each other really does not give any true perspective. OSU's record is terrible but they have been very competitive in most of their games. Not sure if this will hurt Big 10 Teams come Tournament time. I do believe you have to have to be at least a .500 in order to be considered eligible for the tournament. In any event it's a good win for The Ohio State University Buckeyes ! Not sure what to make of the ranking anyway, Stony Brook at 6 is a bit of a Joke, Florida? Loyola? Looks like pollsters are playing the name game with some of the rankings. The NCAA tournament should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Selection Process:

The championship provides for a field of 29 teams to compete in a single-elimination tournament. Sixteen conference champions qualify automatically; the balance of the field is selected at-large by the NCAA Division I Women’s Lacrosse Committee. The top eight teams in the 29-team bracket for the championship are seeded. The top three teams receive first-round byes.

Stony Brook has zero chance of a first round bye. Hofstra definitely has their work cut out for them. ACC could have 5 at large bids, The Big 10 could have 3 or 4 at large bids, Patriot League probably 1 at large bid , not sure what it means but hearing Penn is now playing.... depending on what happens there will probably be 3 or 4 at large bids up for grabs.

Thanks for clarifying, for some reason I thought all 8 seeds got a bye. Even so if they are still ranked 6th at season end their first round game will be the winner of a lesser conference, like a Wagner, Monmouth...etc. Also, based upon Covid they may seed teams and put them in brackets more aligned with geography of schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost feel bad for a team like Louisville , they are a pretty good team with no chance at making the tournament , the ACC is just too brutal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost feel bad for a team like Louisville , they are a pretty good team with no chance at making the tournament , the ACC is just too brutal

Louisville shows the rest of their games as canceled on their schedule. What is up? Is their season over?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Louisville shows the rest of their games as canceled on their schedule. What is up? Is their season over?

You must be looking at the wrong schedule . That said they just lost in OT to BC .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cancelled or not cancelled, they won’t win another game this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, looks like that is not correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the will win a another game maybe they will not. Louisville is probably better than 70 - 75 teams...
They are just one example of why a teams record is not necessarily an indication of how good the team actually is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Virginia Tech Vs Louisville should be a good game and Louisville certainly has a legit shot at winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Louisville is better than many teams that will make the tournament . They have a chance to win a few remaining games but will still not make it in .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Virginia Tech Vs Louisville should be a good game and Louisville certainly has a legit shot at winning.

Legit shot at winning? Louisville is a ranked team and Va Tech is unranked, they would be expected to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
—-“Legit shot at winning? Louisville is a ranked team and Va Tech is unranked, they would be expected to win.”——

I was responding to the post that said “they will not win another game”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple of observations , looking at SBU schedule for the rest of the season they really do not have a competitive game left which I would think will hurt them come seeding and being ready for the big games. That said it seems Spallina is at least using his bench in these non competitive games which he has not done in the past.
Huge game this upcoming weekend between UNC and Cuse . Not sure why a sport that needs to promote itself better would be playing this game at 11 am .That said
1) Cuse will win the draw
2) Top players from UNC are better than the top players from Cuse IMO
3) Cuse is deeper in the Midfield but UNC has the top 2 midfielders in this game
4) UNC attack is better than Cuse but close
5) Goal play is about equal
6) Both have very strong defenses Cuse playing high pressure zone , UNC man

I think overall these teams are closely matched with UNC being the better team but with Cuse winning the draw can go either way and very well may come down to which goalie steps up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple of observations , looking at SBU schedule for the rest of the season they really do not have a competitive game left which I would think will hurt them come seeding and being ready for the big games. That said it seems Spallina is at least using his bench in these non competitive games which he has not done in the past.
Huge game this upcoming weekend between UNC and Cuse . Not sure why a sport that needs to promote itself better would be playing this game at 11 am .That said
3) Cuse is deeper in the Midfield but UNC has the top 2 midfielders in this game

I think overall these teams are closely matched with UNC being the better team but with Cuse winning the draw can go either way and very well may come down to which goalie steps up.

I do not understand why Stony Brook would not be in the CAA, geogrphically good and more competitive. Except for Albany the rest of the current league is terrible. Stony Brook had 2 very competitive games against Towson and Hofstra this year and teams like JMU, Drexel, and Elon are better than any team they currently play in conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure that Stony Brook should even be mentioned in the same discussion as North Carolina and Syracuse...

UNC Vs Syracuse should be a great game. UNC defense will be the difference in a close game.

SBU and Florida do not belong in the Top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse Poll for this week...I am starting to think the Big 10 Womens lacrosse is as overrated as their men's basketball counterparts. Except for Michigna in Men's hoops the others were seemigly overrated as they beat each other up during the regular season. Except for Northwestern in the womens lacrosse are the Big 10's really good?? Maryland at 5-2 as number 9? They will more than likely be 5-3 after this afternoon. Michigan and Penn State at 14 & 15 respectively, both with 3-4 records. Then you have Ohio State at 19 with a 2-7 record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure that Stony Brook should even be mentioned in the same discussion as North Carolina and Syracuse...

UNC Vs Syracuse should be a great game. UNC defense will be the difference in a close game.

SBU and Florida do not belong in the Top 10.

The problem with saying that they dont belong in the top ten is naming 10 teams that are clearly better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse Poll for this week...I am starting to think the Big 10 Womens lacrosse is as overrated as their men's basketball counterparts. Except for Michigna in Men's hoops the others were seemigly overrated as they beat each other up during the regular season. Except for Northwestern in the womens lacrosse are the Big 10's really good?? Maryland at 5-2 as number 9? They will more than likely be 5-3 after this afternoon. Michigan and Penn State at 14 & 15 respectively, both with 3-4 records. Then you have Ohio State at 19 with a 2-7 record.

All of the Big 10 Teams are strong this year, all could be considered Top 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's hard to know for sure when they are only playing each other. I don't understand how Ohio State beats Penn State twice in a row, yet Penn State remains ranked ahead of them in the top 20 in both media polls. Other teams lose one game they shouldn't and struggle to get back in the top 20 without beating a top 10 team. Very inconsistent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Throw the poll / rankings out .... it is very difficult to get any benchmark this. No Ivy’ , the Big 10 only playing each other Stony Brook and Florida not playing their traditional non-conference schedules it’s tough to know just where teams stand. Can’t wait to see what the selection committee does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was the point in referring to the men's Big 10 basketball teams....everyone thought the same about them and as soon as they hit March Madness they all lost very early except for Michigan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was the point in referring to the men's Big 10 basketball teams....everyone thought the same about them and as soon as they hit March Madness they all lost very early except for Michigan

🍎 & 🍊

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In normal years a teams record is not necessarily an indication of how a team stacks up in women’s lacrosse. There is such a wide spread of the top and bottom and everyone in between that you can’t use a teams record to judge them. This year it’s even worse. In most years Northwestern and Maryland are Top 10 even Top 5, Penn State is Top 20 just about every year, Hopkins is always competitive and in the Top 20 or (others receiving votes) from time to time and Michigan has improved in recent years. The Big Ten is a very competitive conference. The top 3 or 4 teams in any given year are generally legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In normal years a teams record is not necessarily an indication of how a team stacks up in women’s lacrosse. There is such a wide spread of the top and bottom and everyone in between that you can’t use a teams record to judge them. This year it’s even worse. In most years Northwestern and Maryland are Top 10 even Top 5, Penn State is Top 20 just about every year, Hopkins is always competitive and in the Top 20 or (others receiving votes) from time to time and Michigan has improved in recent years. The Big Ten is a very competitive conference. The top 3 or 4 teams in any given year are generally legit.

Obviously Northwestern the best in the Big 10 this year, all others are competitive with each other and look very good. Teams are athletic and very solid, it's a shame they can not play outside competition. We will have to wait and see what happens in the NCAA Tournament. As far as Big Men's Basketball goes... I think maybe 8 teams made the tournament, some were upset by lower seeded teams and some upset higher seeded teams... not really a good comparison with women's lacrosse .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously Northwestern the best in the Big 10 this year, all others are competitive with each other and look very good. Teams are athletic and very solid, it's a shame they can not play outside competition. We will have to wait and see what happens in the NCAA Tournament. As far as Big Men's Basketball goes... I think maybe 8 teams made the tournament, some were upset by lower seeded teams and some upset higher seeded teams... not really a good comparison with women's lacrosse .

So.. the big 10 teams all play each other and are competitive with each other excluding NU. Got that. So what makes you say they are all good. Maybe they are competitive with each other is that they are not very good. You seemed to argue both sides saying they don’t play out of conference but they must be good???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So.. the big 10 teams all play each other and are competitive with each other excluding NU. Got that. So what makes you say they are all good. Maybe they are competitive with each other is that they are not very good. You seemed to argue both sides saying they don’t play out of conference but they must be good???

I would agree that the Big Ten teams all look pretty good. Traditionally The Big Ten is the number 2 conference in terms of depth. Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State and Hopkins all excellent programs and would be considered by most to Top 20 Programs (Maryland & Northwestern Top 10 Programs) Ohio State and Rutgers have had some competitive teams as well.
Looking back as far as 2010 Penn State finished in the Top 20 in 9 out of the 10 years. In four of those year PSU finished in the Top 10 ( three years in Top 5) and they went to the Final Four twice in that time period. I don’t think anyone needs a history lesson on Maryland or Northwestern... Hopkins finished the season in the Top 20 five times in that time period plus 3 Top 25 finishes so they were considered Top 25 in 8 of the past 10 full seasons of play.... 2010 - 2019.
Do you really believe that all of these programs have just fallen apart and that they are no longer competitive with the rest of the women’s DI lacrosse teams? No, I would say they are all competitive all might be Top 20. The Big 10 hurt themselves by not allowing their teams to compete outside of the conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree that the Big Ten teams all look pretty good. Traditionally The Big Ten is the number 2 conference in terms of depth. Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State and Hopkins all excellent programs and would be considered by most to Top 20 Programs (Maryland & Northwestern Top 10 Programs) Ohio State and Rutgers have had some competitive teams as well.
Looking back as far as 2010 Penn State finished in the Top 20 in 9 out of the 10 years. In four of those year PSU finished in the Top 10 ( three years in Top 5) and they went to the Final Four twice in that time period. I don’t think anyone needs a history lesson on Maryland or Northwestern... Hopkins finished the season in the Top 20 five times in that time period plus 3 Top 25 finishes so they were considered Top 25 in 8 of the past 10 full seasons of play.... 2010 - 2019.
Do you really believe that all of these programs have just fallen apart and that they are no longer competitive with the rest of the women’s DI lacrosse teams? No, I would say they are all competitive all might be Top 20. The Big 10 hurt themselves by not allowing their teams to compete outside of the conference.

These are great details but going back 11 years is too far back. I agree the Big Ten is a very good conference but you can agrue that if we go back to 2017 when most of this years true seniors came into their programs you would see not so great statistics. Johns Hopkins is 2-4 right now in an only Big ten schedule. In the Covid shortened season they were 4-3 with a loss to Hofstra. In 2019 they were 10-8 with 3 of those losses to non Big Ten teams. In 2018 they were 10-9 with 4 of those losses to non Big Ten teams. So in more recent times they are an OK team.

Penn State is 3-5 right now in 2021 Big Ten only schedule. In the Covid shortened 2020 season they were 5-2 with both losses to non Big Ten teams. In 2019 they were 8-9 with 5 losses to non Big Ten teams. In 2018 they were 10-10 with 5 losses to non Big Ten teams. 2017 they were very good at 17-4 and made the final four. Again, they are a good team but have struggled the pas few years as has Hopkins.

I am not sayng they all fell apart but I also do not understand how teams like Rutgers and Ohio State became such formidable opponents in a year. Not playing outside your conference hurst like you said. Ohio State is 2-7 and is 19th in the Country? In the stats above almost half of all the losses over the years were to non Big Ten teams. The point of my original post was really to spell out the fact that it is hard to judge a teams true nationa standings when they only play in conference games...I in no way meant to disparage the teams or their conference.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 45 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard