Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/24/20 11:55 PM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 09/24/20 10:57 PM
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/24/20 10:43 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/24/20 10:21 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/24/20 10:05 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,093
Posts272,743
Members2,208
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #306260 08/06/20 06:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heck, True Annapolis withdrew from Summer Exposure AA for worry of being totally embarrassed and were replaced by True’s premiere club out of Illinois. The result? Illinois True went 1 and 3. Had Annapolis not withdrawn would they have been able to keep their losses under 5 or 10 points per game based upon the performance of the team they shipped in from the mid-west?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #306263 08/06/20 07:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis was a short sighted venture and will not last. True DC would have been much smarter to compliment True Balto and True Eastern Shore (in their defense DC is still an expansion plan, but should have focused on that). They are not going to poach any of the legit Hawks players which was their idea. They will only get kids cut from Hawks or some backups looking for larger roles. Really they should just make one True MD and then focus on their next venture...Philly area where talent is so spread out and they could consolidate and actually rule an area other than Illinois.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306265 08/06/20 08:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True Annapolis was a short sighted venture and will not last. True DC would have been much smarter to compliment True Balto and True Eastern Shore (in their defense DC is still an expansion plan, but should have focused on that). They are not going to poach any of the legit Hawks players which was their idea. They will only get kids cut from Hawks or some backups looking for larger roles. Really they should just make one True MD and then focus on their next venture...Philly area where talent is so spread out and they could consolidate and actually rule an area other than Illinois.

Fair! The one thing you can't find on their site is what the cost will be. Hawks, 91,... has that listed very easily (not a hawks parent btw).

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #306267 08/06/20 08:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant wait till Mesa shows up and dilutes club lacrosse even more

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306281 08/06/20 11:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cant wait till Mesa shows up and dilutes club lacrosse even more

they're already here trying to steal county fields by pretending to be green hornets. Be real, start a real club.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306295 08/07/20 08:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cant wait till Mesa shows up and dilutes club lacrosse even more

they're already here trying to steal county fields by pretending to be green hornets. Be real, start a real club.
Mesa will fail as their "main" teams up in Haverford, PA, aren't even any good. Nostrant should just start a new club in Maryland and not try to expand the Mesa brand which carries no weight.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306299 08/07/20 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cant wait till Mesa shows up and dilutes club lacrosse even more

they're already here trying to steal county fields by pretending to be green hornets. Be real, start a real club.
Mesa will fail as their "main" teams up in Haverford, PA, aren't even any good. Nostrant should just start a new club in Maryland and not try to expand the Mesa brand which carries no weight.

Agreed and stating on your website "Maryland's & Pennsylvania's Premiere Lacrosse Club" doesn't make you that. Their Mesa Futures 2027 did well at summer exposure but in general I don't hear about their teams or see them at events like NAL.
The joke on severna park will come as they recruit kids outside of Severna Park while using up their valuable time, space and money. Oh and watch your kid not play anymore after paying 2G.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306306 08/07/20 09:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Green Hornets kids in my kid's class are trying out for the Hawks as the Mesa thing isn't going smoothly. Apparently 5-7 kids.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306320 08/07/20 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good luck with that. I have seen both teams play and even the top 5 on mesa will have a hard time cracking the hawks roster.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306323 08/07/20 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not try out for True Annapolis then? The 2024 team needs players. There is honestly a lot of talent on this squad. The players/parents/coaches are friendly and welcoming too, which seems to be rare around here.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306326 08/07/20 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based upon the Hawks website they are planning 2 teams for 2026. My guess is the Mesa and True players will make up the core of the 2nd team, which would be a great place for those boys to learn the game and position themselves for the possibility to make their A team at some point in the future. My guess is simply getting into the Hawks organization is a big step up from True and Mesa.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306336 08/07/20 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Based upon the Hawks website they are planning 2 teams for 2026. My guess is the Mesa and True players will make up the core of the 2nd team, which would be a great place for those boys to learn the game and position themselves for the possibility to make their A team at some point in the future. My guess is simply getting into the Hawks organization is a big step up from True and Mesa.
I am not involved with any of these teams mentioned, but as a coach and former club director I'd be careful of joining a 2nd team at an age group. In most cases I think it is better to be on the A team (assuming good coaches of course) of a lesser organization than the B team of a more successful club. If you are on top team and have success you can always apply for AA or A brackets whereas that won't happen as a 2nd team. The promise of eventually moving up rarely happens as the club is more likely to find an outsider to slide onto the top team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306409 08/08/20 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heck, True Annapolis withdrew from Summer Exposure AA for worry of being totally embarrassed and were replaced by True’s premiere club out of Illinois. The result? Illinois True went 1 and 3. Had Annapolis not withdrawn would they have been able to keep their losses under 5 or 10 points per game based upon the performance of the team they shipped in from the mid-west?

True Illinois may have gone 1-3, but the losses were to three extremely good teams, losing by three to the Hawks and by one to BLC and VLC. True Illinois are the real deal and there’s no shame in how they performed.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #306411 08/08/20 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heck, True Annapolis withdrew from Summer Exposure AA for worry of being totally embarrassed and were replaced by True’s premiere club out of Illinois. The result? Illinois True went 1 and 3. Had Annapolis not withdrawn would they have been able to keep their losses under 5 or 10 points per game based upon the performance of the team they shipped in from the mid-west?

True Illinois may have gone 1-3, but the losses were to three extremely good teams, losing by three to the Hawks and by one to BLC and VLC. True Illinois are the real deal and there’s no shame in how they performed.

How about just showing up with your MD team and leave the dog and pony show in IL. The using 20 kids from 20 different teams to play against standard club teams like BLC, VLC and Hawks is as bad as using holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #306460 08/08/20 11:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re absolutely right about the 2nd teams. It’s hard to find coaches, and the rosters seem much more fluid.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4