BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 134 of 144 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So after a mess of barely any season, and no refunds or credit back for next season, the current kids on the team are not guaranteed a spot for the new season?

It's said; things become old fast. Express tryouts? Re-group and collect a new bundle of money. I guess I'll shell out more money for round two of uncertainty with them.

There are no tryouts. Teams are staying the same and rolling into the new season.

No chance. Every club will hold tryouts.

It's already been communicated that there will be no tryouts.

Tryouts would be a death blow to Express... the last of the players that actually still play for Express... will leave for 91

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 and Express are the exact same beast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after a mess of barely any season, and no refunds or credit back for next season, the current kids on the team are not guaranteed a spot for the new season?

It's said; things become old fast. Express tryouts? Re-group and collect a new bundle of money. I guess I'll shell out more money for round two of uncertainty with them.

There are no tryouts. Teams are staying the same and rolling into the new season.

They are not staying the same. If you believe that, then I have a lovely bridge to sell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they are not staying the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When exactly was that communicated?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When exactly was that communicated?

In each of the Zoom calls leadership conducted with parents. Now, since that call occurred... i have noticed several new kids join teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No chance. Every club will hold tryouts.[/quote]

It's already been communicated that there will be no tryouts.[/quote]

When exactly was that communicated?[/quote]

In each of the Zoom calls leadership conducted with parents. Now, since that call occurred... i have noticed several new kids join teams[/quote]

We switched teams to play on Express to get playing time at the HS level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There may not be tryouts, but teams will NOT be staying the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 and Express are the exact same beast.

My kids have played for both and they are not the same beast. 91 charges the same but gives you less. Every opportunity to double dip on tournaments where they can get away with it, they do. The only thing 91 has over Express is they run the winter directors clinic which is generally very good. Express's clinics are ala carte. Beyond that, 91 nickle and dimes you to death. My experience with Express is, here is the price, you pay it and done. I remember 91 charging us $7 for helmet decals. Yeah. $7. We had to collect money from parents for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have the cash, your on an Express team. Very simple.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You all dont get it. Express does not reject anyone at tryouts, because they are more than happy to take anyone's money and overload the teams. It doesnt mean you will play, or even necessarily be on the best team in that age group. They say no tryouts to keep you happy so you pay your money. But they are always adding players. Beginning, middle, and end. They are adding them now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since most posts always seem to point to the negative. All things considered, In my opinion, the Express has produced a solid summer season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You all dont get it. Express does not reject anyone at tryouts, because they are more than happy to take anyone's money and overload the teams. It doesnt mean you will play, or even necessarily be on the best team in that age group. They say no tryouts to keep you happy so you pay your money. But they are always adding players. Beginning, middle, and end. They are adding them now.

If there are no tryouts, I'd have to think that parents of stronger players on the Express B teams can't be happy their sons won't have a shot at making A. Also, must be a relief to the bottom 3 or 4 boys on every A team roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C’mon stop it. Three clubs already announced tryouts. Do you really think there won’t be tryouts. That’s funny. And no players on the B teams will make any A teams, or they would be there already. You don’t really believe that any B team player is making the A team? You need a travel parent intervention. Be the best on the B team and enjoy that. Or go to some second tier club A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C’mon stop it. Three clubs already announced tryouts. Do you really think there won’t be tryouts. That’s funny. And no players on the B teams will make any A teams, or they would be there already. You don’t really believe that any B team player is making the A team? You need a travel parent intervention. Be the best on the B team and enjoy that. Or go to some second tier club A team.

1/2 of players Express bloated A teams never see the field because they are just B level players. They are only on the A team due to politics, favors or $$$$. Everyone is happy until recruiting gears up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players don’t improve or mature?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, that’s that thinking why B team player parents think they’ll be A team players. It’s rare on the elite clubs. B teams used be awesome at the big clubs. But the parents ruined the model in recent years, plus the saturation on clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What 3 clubs have announced tryouts? I haven't seen any. Also, the best middie on the 2023 A team was on the B the team for multiple years. Things change...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What 3 clubs have announced tryouts? I haven't seen any. Also, the best middie on the 2023 A team was on the B the team for multiple years. Things change...

Yeah, very very few. The problem is that there are too many kids on the A teams that don’t belong there. And parents hold out to be one of those very very few. And I don’t blame the clubs. If somebody is willing to pay to have their kid sit on the bench, that’s on the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am confused. I thought the top team in each age group was labeled AA and the next level was A. So is the top team AA overloaded with too many players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone played any tournaments on Long Island? I'm hearing that there is no contact allowed, so whats the point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone played any tournaments on Long Island? I'm hearing that there is no contact allowed, so whats the point?

because its better than playing catch at practice, and they can still swing sticks. what's your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Ireland was this weekend. There was contact from what I saw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Ireland tourney looked like LAX. Only slightly less physical and no FO. It was definitely not girl's LAX.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, my son played this past weekend @ St Paul's in Garden City. Play day format, so no playoffs or standings really.
Biggest difference with the contact was basically eliminating the face-off. Remainder of the game was pretty much normal as ever. Refs allowed body checking within the normal rules. I wouldn't call it "Non-Contact" at all.

The point was made on another thread here that this actually gave teams more reps to work on clears/rides and really helped cut down on the chance of a blowout from one team dominating possession with a strong fogo.

Not really sure where I land on that....but for this season, I'll take this format, playing 10 minutes from home and done in 5 hours, over headed to NJ to have a face-off and monopolizing the entire day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Faceoffs are going to be a thing of the past soon anyway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG and Turtles to name a few. Tryouts are likely happening in my opinion. And they are mostly to fill out the 2nd and 3rd teams. The best talent usually gets added outside or before tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure those parents who thought that was little Johhnys free meal ticket to college will be pissed about that !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true been hearing that for some time now , getting rid of the Draw. The position has been tweaked few times the past 5 yrs . Now they want to stop knee down. Face off clinics is a big business for some .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We can only hope.. Should be like Basketball..Soon as Goal is announced , whistle blows and off they go..Fast paced action...No more stopping everything for a wrestling match or some team dominating for the entire game of make it take it..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true been hearing that for some time now , getting rid of the Draw. The position has been tweaked few times the past 5 yrs . Now they want to stop knee down. Face off clinics is a big business for some .

What is shommy going to do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a FOGO lover but why so much detest for the faceoff? Would the game be so much more exciting if Team A scores on Team B, Team B takes it out of the net and Team A rides for a turn over and scores again and again and again? Free clear like grade school? Should we make penalties fast breaks again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stand, set, blow whistle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a FOGO lover but why so much detest for the faceoff? Would the game be so much more exciting if Team A scores on Team B, Team B takes it out of the net and Team A rides for a turn over and scores again and again and again? Free clear like grade school? Should we make penalties fast breaks again?

I watched an AA level game this weekend. If it were not for faceoffs the score would have been 50-0 as one team could not break the other teams ride when/if they made a save or got the ball in their own zone. Other team snatched it right back and scored immediately or just sat way back and the other team could not make any passes up the field without it getting intercepted. The only thing that kept it competitive was the other team being able to win some face offs and kill the clock and play some offense. I am not arguing either way, but what happens in this scenario. What then. Free clears from midfield. It's tough to find the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG and Turtles to name a few. Tryouts are likely happening in my opinion. And they are mostly to fill out the 2nd and 3rd teams. The best talent usually gets added outside or before tryouts.

Bro, Turtles are good. Drop/replace a defender we are golden.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched an AA level game this weekend. If it were not for faceoffs the score would have been 50-0 as one team could not break the other teams ride when/if they made a save or got the ball in their own zone. Other team snatched it right back and scored immediately or just sat way back and the other team could not make any passes up the field without it getting intercepted. The only thing that kept it competitive was the other team being able to win some face offs and kill the clock and play some offense. I am not arguing either way, but what happens in this scenario. What then. Free clears from midfield. It's tough to find the right thing.

Again, not a fan of the player that is one dimensional and runs off but I also cant see the game with out the face off. Keep doing that pull ball out of net, draconian ride for turn over in 90 degree weather (unless you’re Wolfpack) and that D and the middies are stuck on the field running out of gas. Sorry fellas, its more like hockey, go to center ice and drop the puck and start play again. Ill take faceoffs with PLL rules over so much worry about changing the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many team do the have for 2023? Just moved into Suffolk from Vt. Heard good things about them. My son plays defense and/or LSM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many team do the have for 2023? Just moved into Suffolk from Vt. Heard good things about them. My son plays defense and/or LSM.

2023 will have as many teams as it can make, if they can make 3 to 4 teams, then Express will form them all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the “all tourney films will be included”. I guess I did not read the fine print, this weekend is not included. The hits keep coming from this organization. Just honor your word. Always disappointed...SMH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the “all tourney films will be included”. I guess I did not read the fine print, this weekend is not included. The hits keep coming from this organization. Just honor your word. Always disappointed...SMH.

Typical Express ! Say one thing and do another! I'm sure all CoachC teams games are filmed all the other teams are not important enough ! What a hack organization!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 134 of 144 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard