Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available for the Snipers Elite Skills & Drills Clinic!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Legacy Girls Lacrosse K-2 Clinics
by BOTC_EVENTS - 09/21/20 02:17 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 02:12 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 02:09 PM
Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 01:59 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 01:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,086
Posts272,451
Members2,207
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 411 of 422 1 2 409 410 411 412 413 421 422
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #306106 08/05/20 07:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of girls are good. 3 of her H.S. teammates are good.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #306125 08/05/20 09:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Last nights webinar is not posted yet, but there are a few others, I watched the 6/9/2020 meeting.. not really any good news for High School players.

link attached

https://www.iwlca.org/page/show/5773666-webinars-and-town-halls

Thanks for the link, good explanation of the thought process behind the decision. Covid-19 is impacting all college and high school lacrosse players. What if the 2021 spring lax season is canceled before it even begins? Won't every college player then retain that year of eligibility? There is the five year clock so I think that would keep some from being able to return but I'm not 100% sure. A lot of 2020s are beginning college this fall without normal fall practices and fall ball; and if there is no spring season many will want to extend their college career a year to have four "normal" years. 2022s as a whole are not going to be skipped, but classes will likely be smaller and it's better for all PSAs when coaches know their needs and resources before making offers. Plus, film only goes so far and coaches want to see players play in person and get them on campus to evaluate if they are a good fit with team culture. As a parent whose daughter has already been through the process, I would say spending time with coaches and current players on campus is a very important step in making a decision. It's a tough situation for all but there is so much uncertainty and it's important to look at the big picture.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #306141 08/05/20 11:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of girls are good. 3 of her H.S. teammates are good.

What are you talking about ?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #306143 08/05/20 11:56 AM
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 71
C
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Last nights webinar is not posted yet, but there are a few others, I watched the 6/9/2020 meeting.. not really any good news for High School players.

link attached

https://www.iwlca.org/page/show/5773666-webinars-and-town-halls

Thanks for the link, good explanation of the thought process behind the decision. Covid-19 is impacting all college and high school lacrosse players. What if the 2021 spring lax season is canceled before it even begins? Won't every college player then retain that year of eligibility? There is the five year clock so I think that would keep some from being able to return but I'm not 100% sure. A lot of 2020s are beginning college this fall without normal fall practices and fall ball; and if there is no spring season many will want to extend their college career a year to have four "normal" years. 2022s as a whole are not going to be skipped, but classes will likely be smaller and it's better for all PSAs when coaches know their needs and resources before making offers. Plus, film only goes so far and coaches want to see players play in person and get them on campus to evaluate if they are a good fit with team culture. As a parent whose daughter has already been through the process, I would say spending time with coaches and current players on campus is a very important step in making a decision. It's a tough situation for all but there is so much uncertainty and it's important to look at the big picture.

Here's a summary of the town hall: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...-i-contact-date-proposal-town-hall/56725

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #306205 08/06/20 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s interesting is if the 2021 season gets cancelled before it starts the current freshmen under NCAA rules will all be eligible to play for a post grad year and maybe 2 post grad years as their clock has not even started , that could impact recruiting thru 2026 -2027 high school graduation years .

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #306305 08/07/20 09:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of girls are good. 3 of her H.S. teammates are good.
oh look, a legacy parent

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #306312 08/07/20 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What’s interesting is if the 2021 season gets cancelled before it starts the current freshmen under NCAA rules will all be eligible to play for a post grad year and maybe 2 post grad years as their clock has not even started , that could impact recruiting thru 2026 -2027 high school graduation years .

why would 2021 season be cancelled already? I prefer to be optomistic

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #308290 08/27/20 07:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is the list... start throwing stones in 3, 2, 1...

North
ATTACK
Mackenzie Hoeg, Mattituck (N.Y.), Virginia
Leah Holmes, Hackley (N.Y.), Northwestern
Ashley Humphrey, Darien (Conn.), Stanford
Sarah Jaques, Darien (Conn.), Stanford
Morgan Schwab, Fairport (N.Y.), Virginia

MIDFIELD
Annabelle Burke, Loyola Academy (Ill.), Michigan
Alexa Gentile, Northport (N.Y.), North Carolina
Ailish Kelly, Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.), Stanford
Jennifer Markey, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.), Syracuse
Ellie Masera, Eastport-South Manor (N.Y.), Stony Brook
Danielle Pavinelli, Northport (N.Y.), Florida
Andrea Reynolds, Holderness School (N.H.), Boston College
Gina-Marie Ricciotti, Bridgewater-Raynham (Mass.), Harvard
Kristen Shanahan, Sachem East (N.Y.), Notre Dame
Isabelle Smith, Westhampton Beach (N.Y.), Boston College
Sophie Student, St. Mark’s (Mass.), Virginia Tech
Fallon Vaughn, Concord-Carlisle (Mass.), Yale

DEFENSE
Katie Goodale, Riverhead (N.Y.), Syracuse
Annabelle Hasselbeck, Rivers School (Mass.), Boston College
Amelia Sheehan, Sacred Heart Greenwich (Conn.), North Carolina

GOALIE
Olivia Geoghan, McDonogh (Md.), Stanford
Julia Hammerschlag, McDonogh (Md.), Florida

South
ATTACK
Campbell Case, St. Margaret’s (Calif.), Johns Hopkins
Reilly Casey, Bishop Ireton (Va.), North Carolina
Katie DeSimone, St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), Duke
Maggi Hall, Bel Air (Md.), Florida
Caitlyn Wurzburger, American Heritage-Delray (Fla.), North Carolina

MIDFIELD
Kayla Abernathy, McDonogh (Md.), Penn State
Maggie Bostain, Collegiate (Va.), Virginia
Eloise Clevenger, Marriotts Ridge (Md.), Maryland
Gretchen Gilmore, Glen Ridge (N.J.), Penn State
Kristin O’Neill, Archbishop Spalding (Md.), Penn State
Natalie Pansini, Agnes Irwin (Pa.), Princeton
Keelin Schlageter, Oak Knoll (N.J.), Notre Dame
Shannon Smith, Roland Park Country School (Md.), North Carolina
Kathryn Toohey, Garnet Valley (Pa.), Penn State
Devon Whitaker, Episcopal Academy (Pa.), Virginia
Aubrey Williams, Bishop Ireton (Va.), Virginia
Alanna Wray, Liberty (Md.), Loyola
Sophia Wrisk, Catonsville (Md.), Maryland

DEFENSE
Aine Maseker, Oak Knoll (N.J.), Notre Dame
Kennedy Williamson, Glenelg Country School (Md.), Maryland

GOALIE
Regan Alexander, Lake Highland Prep (Fla.), Ohio State
Chloe Provenzano, American Heritage-Delray (Fla.), Harvard

Congratulations to all! Good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #308391 08/28/20 07:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is only one glaring mistake on that list . How can you have a kid who has no played a season since 9th grade on there especially considering it has to be based on high school career . Also goes to show that the whole thing is political , really diminishes the accolade for the other kids on the list that are very deserving .

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #308428 08/28/20 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm shocked not to see complaints about the UA team. Looks like CR kept half her team

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #308435 08/28/20 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is only one glaring mistake on that list . How can you have a kid who has no played a season since 9th grade on there especially considering it has to be based on high school career . Also goes to show that the whole thing is political , really diminishes the accolade for the other kids on the list that are very deserving .

Exactly! Ridiculous! How does somebody who has no accolades and hasn't played in years get on this type of list?? Politics just not right, casts a shadow on the entire organization

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #308436 08/28/20 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm shocked not to see complaints about the UA team. Looks like CR kept half her team

If you haven't figured it out this a YJ program. If you are not on YJ you are making a donation. If Corrigan wanted the best players he would have independent evaluators.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #308439 08/28/20 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm shocked not to see complaints about the UA team. Looks like CR kept half her team

Looks like the coaches took the 23 best players. Looks like yours is the only complaint !

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #308442 08/28/20 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]There is only one glaring mistake on that list . How can you have a kid who has no played a season since 9th grade on there especially considering it has to be based on high school career . Also goes to show that the whole thing is political , really diminishes the accolade for the other kids on the list that are very deserving .

Exactly! Ridiculous! How does somebody who has no accolades and hasn't played in years get on this type of list?? Politics just not right, casts a shadow on the entire organization[/quote

politics time for change...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #308444 08/28/20 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm shocked not to see complaints about the UA team. Looks like CR kept half her team

CR has what is arguably the number one team in the country with 24 D1 commitments. Do you think maybe her players just deserved to make the team because they had the best tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 411 of 422 1 2 409 410 411 412 413 421 422
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4