Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
BoardLord #305794 08/03/20 09:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone played any tournaments on Long Island? I'm hearing that there is no contact allowed, so whats the point?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #305796 08/03/20 09:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone played any tournaments on Long Island? I'm hearing that there is no contact allowed, so whats the point?

because its better than playing catch at practice, and they can still swing sticks. what's your point?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305798 08/03/20 09:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Ireland was this weekend. There was contact from what I saw.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305799 08/03/20 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Ireland tourney looked like LAX. Only slightly less physical and no FO. It was definitely not girl's LAX.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305801 08/03/20 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, my son played this past weekend @ St Paul's in Garden City. Play day format, so no playoffs or standings really.
Biggest difference with the contact was basically eliminating the face-off. Remainder of the game was pretty much normal as ever. Refs allowed body checking within the normal rules. I wouldn't call it "Non-Contact" at all.

The point was made on another thread here that this actually gave teams more reps to work on clears/rides and really helped cut down on the chance of a blowout from one team dominating possession with a strong fogo.

Not really sure where I land on that....but for this season, I'll take this format, playing 10 minutes from home and done in 5 hours, over headed to NJ to have a face-off and monopolizing the entire day.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
BoardLord #305807 08/03/20 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Faceoffs are going to be a thing of the past soon anyway

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306016 08/04/20 12:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C’mon stop it. Three clubs already announced tryouts. Do you really think there won’t be tryouts. That’s funny. And no players on the B teams will make any A teams, or they would be there already. You don’t really believe that any B team player is making the A team? You need a travel parent intervention. Be the best on the B team and enjoy that. Or go to some second tier club A team.

What 3 clubs have announced tryouts? I haven't seen any. Also, the best middie on the 2023 A team was on the B the team for multiple years. Things change...

FLG and Turtles to name a few. Tryouts are likely happening in my opinion. And they are mostly to fill out the 2nd and 3rd teams. The best talent usually gets added outside or before tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306058 08/04/20 03:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure those parents who thought that was little Johhnys free meal ticket to college will be pissed about that !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306098 08/04/20 11:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true been hearing that for some time now , getting rid of the Draw. The position has been tweaked few times the past 5 yrs . Now they want to stop knee down. Face off clinics is a big business for some .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306114 08/05/20 08:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We can only hope.. Should be like Basketball..Soon as Goal is announced , whistle blows and off they go..Fast paced action...No more stopping everything for a wrestling match or some team dominating for the entire game of make it take it..

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #306116 08/05/20 08:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true been hearing that for some time now , getting rid of the Draw. The position has been tweaked few times the past 5 yrs . Now they want to stop knee down. Face off clinics is a big business for some .

What is shommy going to do?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306136 08/05/20 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a FOGO lover but why so much detest for the faceoff? Would the game be so much more exciting if Team A scores on Team B, Team B takes it out of the net and Team A rides for a turn over and scores again and again and again? Free clear like grade school? Should we make penalties fast breaks again?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306137 08/05/20 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stand, set, blow whistle.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306140 08/05/20 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a FOGO lover but why so much detest for the faceoff? Would the game be so much more exciting if Team A scores on Team B, Team B takes it out of the net and Team A rides for a turn over and scores again and again and again? Free clear like grade school? Should we make penalties fast breaks again?

I watched an AA level game this weekend. If it were not for faceoffs the score would have been 50-0 as one team could not break the other teams ride when/if they made a save or got the ball in their own zone. Other team snatched it right back and scored immediately or just sat way back and the other team could not make any passes up the field without it getting intercepted. The only thing that kept it competitive was the other team being able to win some face offs and kill the clock and play some offense. I am not arguing either way, but what happens in this scenario. What then. Free clears from midfield. It's tough to find the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #306154 08/05/20 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C’mon stop it. Three clubs already announced tryouts. Do you really think there won’t be tryouts. That’s funny. And no players on the B teams will make any A teams, or they would be there already. You don’t really believe that any B team player is making the A team? You need a travel parent intervention. Be the best on the B team and enjoy that. Or go to some second tier club A team.

What 3 clubs have announced tryouts? I haven't seen any. Also, the best middie on the 2023 A team was on the B the team for multiple years. Things change...

FLG and Turtles to name a few. Tryouts are likely happening in my opinion. And they are mostly to fill out the 2nd and 3rd teams. The best talent usually gets added outside or before tryouts.

Bro, Turtles are good. Drop/replace a defender we are golden.

Like Reply Quote
Page 357 of 366 1 2 355 356 357 358 359 365 366
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard