BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 66 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FYI - Looneys isn’t elite.

depends on the grade. just like FCA, 91 even crabs[/quote]

Ok. Which ones for Looneys?[/quote]

Well?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

depends on the grade. just like FCA, 91 even crabs

Ok. Which ones for Looneys?[/quote]

Well?[/quote]

2015, 16, 20, 24 are/were among the best around. Not familiar the the results of the younger teams. You can rail against the 23s all you want but they've gone against the "elite" teams all along. Their results are the same as FCA 23 during middle school years. Neither is a dominant team but they go out a compete against the best. If you consider these teams and kids failures for doing so means you've lost all perspective on youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that Looney's folded? The 24s and 27s all moved to crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that Looney's folded? The 24s and 27s all moved to crabs.

Nope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok. Which ones for Looneys?

Well?[/quote]

2015, 16, 20, 24 are/were among the best around. Not familiar the the results of the younger teams. You can rail against the 23s all you want but they've gone against the "elite" teams all along. Their results are the same as FCA 23 during middle school years. Neither is a dominant team but they go out a compete against the best. If you consider these teams and kids failures for doing so means you've lost all perspective on youth sports.[/quote]

Any team can play out if its league. Not an accomplishment. 2023 had daddy coaches who favored friends kids. The holdbacks added nothing. The parents are horrible.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well?

2015, 16, 20, 24 are/were among the best around. Not familiar the the results of the younger teams. You can rail against the 23s all you want but they've gone against the "elite" teams all along. Their results are the same as FCA 23 during middle school years. Neither is a dominant team but they go out a compete against the best. If you consider these teams and kids failures for doing so means you've lost all perspective on youth sports.[/quote]

Any team can play out if its league. Not an accomplishment. 2023 had daddy coaches who favored friends kids. The holdbacks added nothing. The parents are horrible.[/quote]

The 20 and 24 teams disbanded. So what is left of the club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 20 and 24 teams disbanded. So what is left of the club?

Not sure about the 24 team, but there were two 2020 teams (orange and green) which both played through last Summer ie, the Summer before their Senior years. That's when grad year teams stop playing (maybe a few have Fall or Winter?).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well?

Any team can play out if its league. Not an accomplishment. 2023 had daddy coaches who favored friends kids. The holdbacks added nothing. The parents are horrible.[/quote]

Easy there Big Guy ! Gotta think junior got cut ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously coaching was holding this team back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How so? The 2023 surely haven't been world beaters this summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the most recent Bracket on Tourney Machine for NAL and where the Looneys 2023 team is; that should tell you what tournament directors think of this squad. They’re awful, hardly elite and playing rec level competition while the elite teams are all in the lower brackets. Hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are looking for scrimmages. If your Rock team is up to it, reach out...hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A grown man analyzing the brackets of a youth lacrosse tournament. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rock 23 is loaded!! St. Paul feeder!! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A grown man analyzing the brackets of a youth lacrosse tournament. Sad.

Yeah because no one else is looking at the brackets for the NAL tournament for any age group? Hilarious. The guy makes a good point; the elite teams seem to be in the bottom 2 brackets with the lesser teams playing up top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now two old men with nothing better to do with their pitiful lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the most recent Bracket on Tourney Machine for NAL and where the Looneys 2023 team is; that should tell you what tournament directors think of this squad. They’re awful, hardly elite and playing rec level competition while the elite teams are all in the lower brackets. Hilarious.
Express North won the NLF last year at UMass

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greasy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North won the NLF last year at UMass

They won the B division at NLF last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are looking for scrimmages. If your Rock team is up to it, reach out...hahaha

This is so random it must be a beef bw former and current Looney dads. with

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is so random it must be a beef bw former and current Looney dads. with
More like Jealous kids and parents that think they are better...indicative of that that teams chemistry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to ask. Why is Looneys setting a $75 tryout fee. There's no 2027 team. Is there a 29 team? I'd be geniuely interested but why such a high fee for a off year? Other clubs are doing free or much lower then that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to ask. Why is Looneys setting a $75 tryout fee. There's no 2027 team. Is there a 29 team? I'd be geniuely interested but why such a high fee for a off year? Other clubs are doing free or much lower then that.

Not sure about the younger teams, but 23 Orange is not having tryouts. Might add/subtrack some kids, but no tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about the younger teams, but 23 Orange is not having tryouts. Might add/subtrack some kids, but no tryouts.

No tryouts but add/subtract kids..........how does that work without tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No tryouts but add/subtract kids..........how does that work without tryouts?

Everyone is offered a returning spot. But you have honest talks with kids and their parents. Not that hard. Coaches know kids pretty well at this point - including any kids they might want to add.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the 24 tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now two old men with nothing better to do with their pitiful lives.
three. Please count me in though my life is pretty good. Love that you're passing judgement while on BOTC. I mean you are so above everyone please carry on enlightening all of us on why you are here. Is it the stock tips? GO AWAY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is more to life than youth lacrosse. You missed the part where you are supposed to enjoy it. Get a pet or volunteer. Your pitiful life still has hope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney dad. Take it easy. Kelly post tryouts are soon!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2020 class was a team and a unit that carried the program,...22 Division 1 kids going to great schools. Everyone on the team committed to great schools like North Carolina, Harvard, Towson, Loyola, Marquette, Etc....Etc....All of those coaches are gone and really disenfranchised... New Leadership and Loyola centric mission a complete disaster.....Club is on the brinks of being done....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2020 class was a team and a unit that carried the program,...22 Division 1 kids going to great schools. Everyone on the team committed to great schools like North Carolina, Harvard, Towson, Loyola, Marquette, Etc....Etc....All of those coaches are gone and really disenfranchised... New Leadership and Loyola centric mission a complete disaster.....Club is on the brinks of being done....

Easy there. You never had anything to do with 2020 team or its coaches. Your kid was cut from 23 team. Now carry on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there. You never had anything to do with 2020 team or its coaches. Your kid was cut from 23 team. Now carry on.
Wow, shots fired! 2026s looked great last weekend...just saying, for a friend smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is a Loyola "centric mission a complete disaster"? Just curious as FCA is primarily Calvert Hall centric.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, shots fired! 2026s looked great last weekend...just saying, for a friend smile

Playing in the B bracket tournaments. Couldnt find the 26's at NAL or NLF in the Elite league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have every interest in Looneys being a success providing a non-profit club option as for-profit becomes bigger. As someone who just checks out their site periodically here would be my concerns.

- your twitter account has no club play photos or mentions. just alumni. instagram I at least saw one current team mention.
- the pub that sponsers you doens't point to your current web site
- your old teamsite is still up that is what you find from google search that reflects poorly on you
- Most clubs kept tryouts to 25 or free. why are you charging $75? are you trying to keep people away
- your coaches list has no information on their history with lacrosse. If I search "STEPHEN ABRAMS" I get more info from his crabs coaching page.
- your link to Stephen Abrams as a director points to Terry Crowley on the crabs?!?!
- you have no 29 coach and your training info is "coming soon". huh, will you train? I see that info on your homepage after scrolling. Just say something.

This is worse then most rec sites to be honest. I think even dukes nationals was better at the end. As an organization charging $1500+ with I'm per players I would expect a much more professional web prescense. This is not to just beat up but what someone with younger lax players sees and uses to decide what teams to try and get involved with. I hope Looneys parents see this and ask for improvements. Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing in the B bracket tournaments. Couldnt find the 26's at NAL or NLF in the Elite league

Then you're not looking hard enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have every interest in Looneys being a success providing a non-profit club option as for-profit becomes bigger. As someone who just checks out their site periodically here would be my concerns.

- your twitter account has no club play photos or mentions. just alumni. instagram I at least saw one current team mention.
- your old teamsite is still up that is what you find from google search that reflects poorly on you
- Most clubs kept tryouts to 25 or free. why are you charging $75? are you trying to keep people away
- your coaches list has no information on their history with lacrosse. If I search "STEPHEN ABRAMS" I get more info from his crabs coaching page.
- your link to Stephen Abrams as a director points to Terry Crowley on the crabs?!?!
- you have no 29 coach and your training info is "coming soon". huh, will you train? I see that info on your homepage after scrolling. Just say something.

This is worse then most rec sites to be honest. I think even dukes nationals was better at the end. As an organization charging $1500+ with I'm per players I would expect a much more professional web prescense. This is not to just beat up but what someone with younger lax players sees and uses to decide what teams to try and get involved with. I hope Looneys parents see this and ask for improvements. Best of luck.

I actually speak to the coaches who are coaching the team; I know crazy concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You make some very valid points that I too noticed about their website. However, it may not be fair to base the quality of a club team solely on the basis of their website. Some of the top notch club teams (CRABS, FCA) have pretty poor websites as well. It is very clear that some work needs to be done organizationally for the program, however some of their coaches appear to have a lot to offer to young boys in the game of lacrosse. It is refreshing to see coaches outside of fathers. I too wish Looney's the best of luck as they try to rebuild.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did Looneys rename themselves Team Old Bay?

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 66 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard