BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 267 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes I agree MIAA is tough due to the large number of private school kids reclassing in 9th grade since they are coming from crappy MD public schools. The Stanwicks of the world are reclassing in high school not elementary or middle school. The kids held back before HS struggle with basic reading and comprehension. I have a suggestion, the Hawks should take one of their weekly practices and everyone bring a book to learn how to read - maybe you can keep your kids at grade level. By the way, top D1 programs require lacrosse skill AND academics. Clearly the Hawks are failing.

I have a suggestion. Perhaps you should go to one of the Hawks practices and have an open dialogue with their parents instead of taking cheap shots at kids behind a keyboard.

Or how about go to tryouts? I bet your kid walks away abs days, wow, they are good and they are even better kids dad, no matter what you say.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, that question certainly struck a raw nerve, but nobody denied that the team is mostly or all 13 year-old's. Thanks for the honesty. Congratulations on all the trophies, I guess.

Hawks dad here, the team is not mostly 13 year olds. Not even close. If you saw a list with DOBs I'm not sure what you would have left to complain about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks blow.
Take out one middie and they are an average team.
But they do have the loudest dad in all of 2026.
Toolbox, but even when they beat us we can laugh about him.
Enjoy Spaulding.

You must not have seen them play much. They have at least 8 players that can take over a game offensively, very good goalies and they play excellent team D. Oh and they always kill us on face offs. Other than that, I think we'll beat them in hoco next spring!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Bethesda parent whose son’s team played the Hawks this weekend. Not a big Hawks supporter but you are wrong when you say: “ Take out one middie and they are an average team.” When BLC played Hawks Sat afternoon the mid fielder I believe you are referring to (has dominated HOCO the prior two years) sat out nearly the entire game with some type of leg injury. In his absence the shorter and super quick player who plays X and the new really tall attack man they added carried the scoring load. Also 2 or 3 other middies contributed with goals or assists. Also our team struggled against their rides and D and did not get off many shots.

After the game some of our parents were speaking and concluded that Hawks are a complete team and simply got better in the past year. Tough to see it and say it but I saw it and am just being honest based upon how well they played our team this past weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A star can win a game
A team can win every game

63-2 in two years And undefeated last year

You clowns lose two games in a weekend

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shots are at the parents, not the kids. The Hawks parents have an unjustified arrogance on the sidelines and on this board. No team would win 100% of the time if the playing field was fair.

They are almost as bad as a cry baby keyboard warrior who won't say a thing to these dads on the sidelines so you tuck your little wang between your legs, sulk back to your SUV and head on home to fire up the computer to really get back at them!!

Ha ha, triggered again. So easy. Nice to see someone else helping with this game...

What is the rational to hold your kid back versus play him up at this age group; 6th grade?

Because the kids holding back would get smashed if they played on age, not to mention God forbid playing up. I'm no so sure whats confusing about that. I do bring my on age son to free agent some older tournaments. Got his arm broken once, but came out of the whole deal stronger. I think character will matter most as he moves through the levels. Working so far. I could be wrong however, seems to be pretty common maybee I am missing the boat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To any FCA parents or others who know their 2026s, why does the big physical attackman sit out some games completely (while there and dressed) and other games plays only 5-10 minutes and dominate. I saw it myself one game and have heard others question it from multiple other teams (and spread rumors of daddy ball, racism, and not really being on the team which no one seemed to have any info to back those up). I asked a Dad when we faced them and he said he thought the kid "doesn't have the stick skills" which may be true but he is a monster and has scoring skills and would love to see him come to our tryouts if he wants to start and get more PT.

My son does not play for FCA, in fact, he doesn’t play elite level at all. But he has played against the player you are likely referring to when that player was at his previous club. In my opinion, that kid is an absolute monster when he’s on the run with the ball, and when he gets the ball he is basically a one man wrecking crew, who can run through a team and score on his own. However, when the game slows down I think he lacks the stick skills to set up in the offense, work the ball around and score. And that’s if it’s the same kid I’m thinking of. But I would like to hear from an FCA parent about this as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To any FCA parents or others who know their 2026s, why does the big physical attackman sit out some games completely (while there and dressed) and other games plays only 5-10 minutes and dominate. I saw it myself one game and have heard others question it from multiple other teams (and spread rumors of daddy ball, racism, and not really being on the team which no one seemed to have any info to back those up). I asked a Dad when we faced them and he said he thought the kid "doesn't have the stick skills" which may be true but he is a monster and has scoring skills and would love to see him come to our tryouts if he wants to start and get more PT.

My son does not play for FCA, in fact, he doesn’t play elite level at all. But he has played against the player you are likely referring to when that player was at his previous club. In my opinion, that kid is an absolute monster when he’s on the run with the ball, and when he gets the ball he is basically a one man wrecking crew, who can run through a team and score on his own. However, when the game slows down I think he lacks the stick skills to set up in the offense, work the ball around and score. And that’s if it’s the same kid I’m thinking of. But I would like to hear from an FCA parent about this as well.

You people are too much. Get a flipping grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me which 2026 teams plan to hold tryouts? I have contacted 2 who have said they are moving forward with their current team. Is this what most are doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear what you are saying, but he’s such a monster with the ball that any good coach will work around other deficiencies and keep him on the field. We played a one goal game with them and he didn’t get much time, but clearly knew how to pass when he saw the double coming, and used both hands effectively. Spoke with a dad whose son has faced them 3 times recently all close games and said he got maybe 5 minutes twice and 0 minutes once (in a tourney championship apparently).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shots are at the parents, not the kids. The Hawks parents have an unjustified arrogance on the sidelines and on this board. No team would win 100% of the time if the playing field was fair.

They are almost as bad as a cry baby keyboard warrior who won't say a thing to these dads on the sidelines so you tuck your little wang between your legs, sulk back to your SUV and head on home to fire up the computer to really get back at them!!

Ha ha, triggered again. So easy. Nice to see someone else helping with this game...

What is the rational to hold your kid back versus play him up at this age group; 6th grade?

Because the kids holding back would get smashed if they played on age, not to mention God forbid playing up. I'm no so sure whats confusing about that. I do bring my on age son to free agent some older tournaments. Got his arm broken once, but came out of the whole deal stronger. I think character will matter most as he moves through the levels. Working so far. I could be wrong however, seems to be pretty common maybee I am missing the boat.

Perhaps the above is a bit harsh. True Illinois dad here lurking on your forum. I felt bad when my sons arm was broken playing up, but who knows if that wasn't by a kid two years older instead of one. On a serious note will most college recruiters wants a kid that is one year older? If you were to go straight through is it almost mandatory to have to do a pg year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear what you are saying, but he’s such a monster with the ball that any good coach will work around other deficiencies and keep him on the field. We played a one goal game with them and he didn’t get much time, but clearly knew how to pass when he saw the double coming, and used both hands effectively. Spoke with a dad whose son has faced them 3 times recently all close games and said he got maybe 5 minutes twice and 0 minutes once (in a tourney championship apparently).
The kid should play more, no doubt about it. Unfortunately I think others play over him because his parents are far from “lax parents” and before you say it I am not speaking ethnically, I mean they aren’t excessively involved, talk to coach nightly, on BOTC etc. Whoever said they faced FCA 3 times recently in close games is obv a RR PA dad as that’s the only team we’ve played 3 times, so he knows that a 6-2 lead with 5 minutes left isn’t safe once we unleash the beast! But yeah, he’s unstoppable 1 on 1 so he should be on the field all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While playing against the Hawks 2026 recently, My son (age 12) was told by a Hawks player that the majority of the 2026 Hawks are 13 or 14 years old, and this Hawks player said that he was 14 himself. I walked past one of the Hawks players after the game who did much of the scoring, and he looked at least 14 to me.

Would a Hawks parent or somebody who knows the roster care to estimate what percentage of the team is 13 or 14 year old?

1% of the team is 13 and they turned 13 this summer, held back probably in kindergarten. There are no 14 year olds. There are still 11 year olds!!!!! 99% of the team is 12 and under. Go cry a freaking river somewhere else and just realize these kids are dominant. End it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have tryouts listed in their website for next weekend. All are welcome. I am sure they would love to see a big turnout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While playing against the Hawks 2026 recently, My son (age 12) was told by a Hawks player that the majority of the 2026 Hawks are 13 or 14 years old, and this Hawks player said that he was 14 himself. I walked past one of the Hawks players after the game who did much of the scoring, and he looked at least 14 to me.

Would a Hawks parent or somebody who knows the roster care to estimate what percentage of the team is 13 or 14 year old?

1% of the team is 13 and they turned 13 this summer, held back probably in kindergarten. There are no 14 year olds. There are still 11 year olds!!!!! 99% of the team is 12 and under. Go cry a freaking river somewhere else and just realize these kids are dominant. End it.

You're an stunad and a fake. 1% or 20 would be 1/5 of a human. And you said they, so there are AT LEAST 2 to 3 13 year olds and probably more. It's OK. It's is allowed in lax and nobody can stop it. But don't try to BS everyone on here with that garbage. Those kids are 13+...everyone of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have tryouts listed in their website for next weekend. All are welcome. I am sure they would love to see a big turnout.
I heard HoCo kids are headed to them. Careful now, Junior’s spot may be in jeopardy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Junior loves competition. Bring on the best players in the area and may the best player win the roster spot.

If 10 kids come to Hawks tryouts and displace 10 existing players they only get better. What then? More and louder protests about holdbacks? No longer can claim they are 14. Must now claim they are 15 or 16 if they beat your son’s team. Have to laugh at the circular nature of so many who argue on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clowns should go read the high school thread. Holdbacks have been part of the game for decades. heck, colleges Red Shirt players all the time. This is nothing new and the whining and crying is funny. Its not fair. Life isnt fair. You want fair go play rec ball where everyone gets to play equal time and everyone gets a trophy

You are new to game I see. Youth lacrosse up to 9th grade has been age based for over 50 years up until just 6 years ago, The best club teams in area then were either the Crabs/Breakers U15 or U13 teams. Sometimes Rock.

You are obviously a holdback apologist whose son can not compete on age in youth lacrosse. Youth lacrosse is completely out of control letting all these prefirst( kindergarten holdback) and holdbacks/reclass mainly from the MIAA schools play Down. Giving select kids an advantage others dont get because they didnt hold their child back is wrong in youth lacrosse.

Get your advantage in HS..That has always been by grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, lets see ... Hawks go 68-2 against elite competition, routinely win by 5-10 goals, and their team is 99% 12 year olds, with some 11 year olds sprinkled in. Okay, got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, lets see ... Hawks go 68-2 against elite competition, routinely win by 5-10 goals, and their team is 99% 12 year olds, with some 11 year olds sprinkled in. Okay, got it.

Correct. Good. Now how about those PLL games.....?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps you should take a book to practice and read!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have kids from at least 6 different counties, districted for at least 10 different High Schools, they have 4 kids who turned 13 between June and this August, and 18 players who are on age. The 4 aren’t the kids you all think they are.

Oh, and they work their tails off at practice and compete in every drill. But it couldn’t possibly be preparation and hard work, they must all be older, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty impressive record for a 2025 team playing in 2026 brackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have kids from at least 6 different counties, districted for at least 10 different High Schools, they have 4 kids who turned 13 between June and this August, and 18 players who are on age. The 4 aren’t the kids you all think they are.

Oh, and they work their tails off at practice and compete in every drill. But it couldn’t possibly be preparation and hard work, they must all be older, right?

👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Haters can come to tryouts and see for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgot to mention a pretty solid mix of private and public school kids as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Sorry, my son wouldn't qualify since he wouldn't meet the holdback requirement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgot to mention a pretty solid mix of private and public school kids as well.

With your knowledge of all the player Birthdays, are you the official Birthday party planner for Hawks ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Sorry, my son wouldn't qualify since he wouldn't meet the holdback requirement.

"The world needs ditch diggers too"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try Hawks Dad. News flash, the Hawks opponents have talented players who work their butts off too. If a team is on age and works extra hard, that would explain maybe a 70-80% winning percentage against elite competition, but not 100%, and not with 5-10 goal margins in every single game.

In all seriousness, why doesn't this group play, at least occasionally, in 2025 tournaments and get competitive games week to week. Is the 68-2 record really helping the boys get better, or is it helping Hawks dads cope with their own issues - I wonder if the Hawks Dad who bragged about the 68-2 record is the same one who is angry that opposing teams' parents drive SUV's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the info for tryouts. Feel free to come and talk to the parents and coaches.

August 15, Saturday 2:00-4:00 pm

August 16, Sunday, 11:30-1:30 pm

Annapolis HS Turf III

https://www.annapolishawks.com/hawks-tryout-registration3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try Hawks Dad. News flash, the Hawks opponents have talented players who work their butts off too. If a team is on age and works extra hard, that would explain maybe a 70-80% winning percentage against elite competition, but not 100%, and not with 5-10 goal margins in every single game.

In all seriousness, why doesn't this group play, at least occasionally, in 2025 tournaments and get competitive games week to week. Is the 68-2 record really helping the boys get better, or is it helping Hawks dads cope with their own issues - I wonder if the Hawks Dad who bragged about the 68-2 record is the same one who is angry that opposing teams' parents drive SUV's?

You better start hiding your wife on the sidelines. Those boy will be coming to take her next!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The oldest kid on the Hawks will turn 14 in the summer of 2021 when he is going into 8th grade. Get a grip people!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I used to play a lot of golf, and in every golf club there are a small number of guys who win their tournament brackets 100% of the time, usually by a lot. Trust me, nobody marvels at their skill and hard work. There is a term to describe them, and it is not a compliment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I got it. Based upon everyone’s unhappiness with one team doing so well HOCO should organize a restructure draft for 2026 Hawks team. The team with the worst record selects a Hawk of their choice, next worst goes second etc until the entire team is distributed to all the other teams in HOCO. That way every team will have a chance to compete for the next year or two. When one of these teams becomes dominate the process can be repeated to break that team up. This way every kid gets a trophy and every parent can have the comfort that their son’s team is no longer disadvantaged. We can call it Des Kapital Lax. 😜

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or the Hawks could play in 2025 where they belong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, get over your Hawks animonsity. I am not a Hawks parent, and I am sick of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 is the number of holdbacks

would you like their jersey numbers because its funny because those kids arent who you think

The best part is they arent the studs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

would you like their jersey numbers because its funny because those kids arent who you think

Not a Hawks hatter just trying to figure out how many holdbacks you have. So thank you for sharing. Please, in the future, when you boast about your amazing record please also add that 20% of your team is holdbacks and at any point during the game close to half of the hawks players on the field should be playing 2025. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, get over your Hawks animonsity. I am not a Hawks parent, and I am sick of it.

LOL, me too. SOOOO Sick of it. Almost making me side with and root for them to whoop the whiner's teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Hawks hatter just trying to figure out how many holdbacks you have. So thank you for sharing. Please, in the future, when you boast about your amazing record please also add that 20% of your team is holdbacks and at any point during the game close to half of the hawks players on the field should be playing 2025. Thank you.

My son plays for a team that plays in HOCO elite. They also have 4 hold backs that I know of. It is our 1st year with them, so there could be more that I don't know of. I am guessing that the complainers also have kids that play with hold backs, and they probably know that. I would bet money that every 2026 HOCO elite team has hold backs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 267 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard