BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 107 of 111 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St. A's wins again. Who's your Daddy Chami? And they go on to better schools to boot.

Those re-class 91 parents are classless and should be ashamed, but are too clueless about life to even understand.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. A's wins again. Who's your Daddy Chami? And they go on to better schools to boot.

Those re-class 91 parents are classless and should be ashamed, but are too clueless about life to even understand.

Literally, two posts that make no sense and are virtually unreadable. Guessing neither writer went to Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke, Duke, Duke. stink it. It worked. Not so clueless.

Lol. Chaminade is not known for producing literary scholars, rather rote drones efficient at memorizing and regurgitating. If not a fact, certainly the prevailing sentiment amongst college admissions offices across the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure the "cheaters" will turn out just fine. When the "cheaters" go to Duke, UVA, Yale, Cornell etc . . .and graduate with a degree from one of those schools they will turn out just fine. When they have a degree from one of the schools mentioned and go on to great things in life I am sure they will be just fine. Although one day at the 25 year class reunion they may be 8 months older than some of their peers. Oh my goodness they should realize the ramifications of their decision and stop!

And no this isn't the father of a kid who reclassified. Just dealing with facts. By way of example I know a boy who just reclassified and he is May 2004 and a repeat freshman. He is an excellent player on grade but now as an reclass will be recruited probably by every school in the country. This boy will turn 19 the same month he graduates (private school). My son who didn't reclassify is a August birthday and will graduate at 18 but IS ONLY 4 MONTHS OLDER! So seriously if the best kids cant play with kids 8-14 months within their own age then they cant play at D1 anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure the "cheaters" will turn out just fine. When the "cheaters" go to Duke, UVA, Yale, Cornell etc . . .and graduate with a degree from one of those schools they will turn out just fine. When they have a degree from one of the schools mentioned and go on to great things in life I am sure they will be just fine. Although one day at the 25 year class reunion they may be 8 months older than some of their peers. Oh my goodness they should realize the ramifications of their decision and stop!

And no this isn't the father of a kid who reclassified. Just dealing with facts. By way of example I know a boy who just reclassified and he is May 2004 and a repeat freshman. He is an excellent player on grade but now as an reclass will be recruited probably by every school in the country. This boy will turn 19 the same month he graduates (private school). My son who didn't reclassify is a August birthday and will graduate at 18 but IS ONLY 4 MONTHS OLDER! So seriously if the best kids cant play with kids 8-14 months within their own age then they cant play at D1 anyway. Just my 2 cents.

You sound way too committed to allowing a 91 kid to reclass and take a younger kids spot on the team. Sounds like you're the 91 dad. L O S E R

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you Son who is an August Birthday will graduate at 18? In NY he is a hold back, my son is also an August Birthday. He will be 17 at graduation. Also you said it perfect, " if the best kids cant play with kids 8-14 months with in their age they cant play D-1" So why repeat a grade. If your good your good you do not need to repeat and re-classify. But If you know your average well then do what you have to do. it all evens out in college. I hope your son and his friend enjoy the extra year of HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are lax tryouts this season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you Son who is an August Birthday will graduate at 18? In NY he is a hold back, my son is also an August Birthday. He will be 17 at graduation. Also you said it perfect, " if the best kids cant play with kids 8-14 months with in their age they cant play D-1" So why repeat a grade. If your good your good you do not need to repeat and re-classify. But If you know your average well then do what you have to do. it all evens out in college. I hope your son and his friend enjoy the extra year of HS.

quote=Anonymous]

[/quote]
Any kid who turns 18 and graduates is appropriately aged in NY State. My son turns 18 in April and is graduating and is not a hold back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wishing all the boys best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy, obsessive, compulsive dwelling on hold backs pop up every where on this forum. Can’t we get beyond this and focus on the joy of the game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy, obsessive, compulsive dwelling on hold backs pop up every where on this forum. Can’t we get beyond this and focus on the joy of the game.

Because their sons can’t compete, therefore his competition is a hold back. Not the obvious, that he is a sub par athlete. Sad commentary on lacrosse parents as a whole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
while not as egregious as cheating at the 9/10/11 year old level, it is finding a weakness in the rules to exploit and allow for 19yr old kids to play against 14-18 year olds. I for one, will have my kids play down to JV to really rack up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude the truth is people cheat. It is not pleasant to have kid miss out on starting ,beat out by a kid that shouldn't be there by a kid that you know repeated a grade for a fact because he was originally in another grade with your older son. This has happened twice to my kid with holdbacks who couldn't compete on grade at youth. One transferred to private to repeat and another transferred schools in the district to repeat. That kid steals all the reps in youth your kid sits because the other gets 13th grade. If you have limited means hard to overcome. There are only 6 attack, 6 defense , 12 middies and 2 goalies that will get to play in JV and V over 3/4 grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude the truth is people cheat. It is not pleasant to have kid miss out on starting ,beat out by a kid that shouldn't be there by a kid that you know repeated a grade for a fact because he was originally in another grade with your older son. This has happened twice to my kid with holdbacks who couldn't compete on grade at youth. One transferred to private to repeat and another transferred schools in the district to repeat. That kid steals all the reps in youth your kid sits because the other gets 13th grade. If you have limited means hard to overcome. There are only 6 attack, 6 defense , 12 middies and 2 goalies that will get to play in JV and V over 3/4 grades.

Am i the only person that thinks there is a mental issue with holding a kid back to play youth sports?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any kid who turns 18 and graduates is appropriately aged in NY State. My son turns 18 in April and is graduating and is not a hold back

An on age August birthday in NY would start their senior year having just turned 17, and not turn 18 till the summer after their graduation from high school. So an August birthday who is 18 when they graduate is a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An on age August birthday in NY would start their senior year having just turned 17, and not turn 18 till the summer after their graduation from high school. So an August birthday who is 18 when they graduate is a holdback.

A few things. I was the one who posted about my son and turning eighteen. To begin with, the idea that this conversation is still going on after my post in January (approx 4 months ago) is humorous. I check this site every few months or so and when I saw this I laughed bc boy do people have issues. Secondly, I made a typo. My son does turn 18 in August as was posted so he will be 17 and not 18 at graduation and will turn 18 right before college. I will reiterate that if he plays against 19 year olds WHO CARES. He will be better than some and worse than others. As for the above comment about boys who turn 18 in August going into their senior year they are clearly holdbacks. This is 100% wrong. I know of 3 families whose children celebrate their birthday in August and will be 18 entering their senior year and none of them are holdbacks. Been friends with the families in the community since kindergarten when the only sport the boys played were t-ball. In fact none of them play lacrosse. One is soccer, one is tennis and one doesn't do any sports at all. None of these boys will be playing sports in college and NONE OF THEM ARE HOLDBACKS. so please, who ever is bitter and had their girl taken by a holdback keep this conversation going not only on this thread but every other thread (please note the sarcasm and have a drink). Look forward to reading the responses in 4 months when hopefully life has resumed and is back to normal and I come back to this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep going on and on about holdbacks when all I wanted to say was congratulations to the Class of 2020 at Chaminade. There are some VERY good players on the team and it is really too bad they lost their season. There was a lot of great stuff on the schedule for the boys and it would have been a lot of fun. Best of luck to everyone next year in college....I hope you crush it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep going on and on about holdbacks when all I wanted to say was congratulations to the Class of 2020 at Chaminade. There are some VERY good players on the team and it is really too bad they lost their season. There was a lot of great stuff on the schedule for the boys and it would have been a lot of fun. Best of luck to everyone next year in college....I hope you crush it.

The majority will never be heard from again. This was their last chance for some meaningful playing time. Sad after spending all that money, but unfortunately those are the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the least expensive private school on Long Island due to it a endowment and has 10+ seniors going D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The majority will never be heard from again. This was their last chance for some meaningful playing time. Sad after spending all that money, but unfortunately those are the facts.

The parents spend the money for a great education, lax is secondary..... even as good as the program is. IMO, money well spent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least you were spared being blown out by St. A's three times this season...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was curious so I went to the inside lacrosse website to see what it said about the 2020 lacrosse class and those playing in college. For whats its worth Chaminade has 19 players mentioned graduating and at least 13 of them are playing in college. Clearly more than just the starting team. The colleges that these boys are going to are excellent for the most part. Yale (x2), Holy Cross, Michigan, Navy , DeSales, Tufts, Washington & Lee, Denver, High Point, Army and Furman (will invariably go somewhere). I am sure some of the other boys who don't have colleges next to their names are doing great things as well as some of the colleges they are going to are USMMA, Boston College, U Albany, Cal Berkley.

Whether or not "the majority will never be heard from again" on the field - WHO CARES. Chaminade appears to have done right by these boys via education and lacrosse. For the record I have no dog in this fight as my son doesn't go to Chaminade nor will he I was just bored and was curious. I just find the consistent negativity humorous. If the boys at Yale, Tufts, Navy, Army, etc . .are "never heard from again" on the lacrosse pitch I am sure they will do OK in life. Lets look for ways to prop up our youth and whether or not they go D1, D2 or D3 , start varsity, ride the bench and/or never play lax again it would appear that getting a good education and playing a game they hopefully loved in HS did well by them. Just my mini rant (although I would hardly classify the above as a rant) for the day. Lets let positivity rue the day. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stays safe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was curious so I went to the inside lacrosse website to see what it said about the 2020 lacrosse class and those playing in college. For whats its worth Chaminade has 19 players mentioned graduating and at least 13 of them are playing in college. Clearly more than just the starting team. The colleges that these boys are going to are excellent for the most part. Yale (x2), Holy Cross, Michigan, Navy , DeSales, Tufts, Washington & Lee, Denver, High Point, Army and Furman (will invariably go somewhere). I am sure some of the other boys who don't have colleges next to their names are doing great things as well as some of the colleges they are going to are USMMA, Boston College, U Albany, Cal Berkley.

Whether or not "the majority will never be heard from again" on the field - WHO CARES. Chaminade appears to have done right by these boys via education and lacrosse. For the record I have no dog in this fight as my son doesn't go to Chaminade nor will he I was just bored and was curious. I just find the consistent negativity humorous. If the boys at Yale, Tufts, Navy, Army, etc . .are "never heard from again" on the lacrosse pitch I am sure they will do OK in life. Lets look for ways to prop up our youth and whether or not they go D1, D2 or D3 , start varsity, ride the bench and/or never play lax again it would appear that getting a good education and playing a game they hopefully loved in HS did well by them. Just my mini rant (although I would hardly classify the above as a rant) for the day. Lets let positivity rue the day. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stays safe.

You forgot the 2020 middies going to Notre Dame, Fairfield and Scranton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Errrr, I don’t think so. Chaminade has superior defense, LSM and goalie. St. Anthony’s had big edge at attack. Face off is pretty even, but I’ll take the Chaminade Yale commit all day. Middies even. In the end, I think it would have been a battle with much turning in face offs. Number 34 needs the ball to dominate......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Errrr, I don’t think so. Chaminade has superior defense, LSM and goalie. St. Anthony’s had big edge at attack. Face off is pretty even, but I’ll take the Chaminade Yale commit all day. Middies even. In the end, I think it would have been a battle with much turning in face offs. Number 34 needs the ball to dominate......

My kid plays for Express. Granted the star players on Chaminade are Express kids... whoever wrote this is nuts. St. Anthonys has potentially best player in the country, w 3 of the top 10. This post was almost insulting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would not be close. St Anthony’s would dominate. Yale commit would struggle against Duke. Agree that Chaminade defense/goalie may have an edge. Offensively St Anthony’s would run circles around them. St Anthonys’s Middies/Attack are solid. Chaminade losing the middle and Attack to Prep Schools hurt them. Next year will be different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would not be close. St Anthony’s would dominate. Yale commit would struggle against Duke. Agree that Chaminade defense/goalie may have an edge. Offensively St Anthony’s would run circles around them. St Anthonys’s Middies/Attack are solid. Chaminade losing the middle and Attack to Prep Schools hurt them. Next year will be different.

Gotta garee with all of that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is the Covid 19 came out of Chaminade new science labs so they wouldn't have to play St A's this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is the Covid 19 came out of Chaminade new science labs so they wouldn't have to play St A's this year.

Good one, Fredo. Now go lie down and rest. You must be tired from making a funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm pretty sure we went 1-1 for the season. Then O'Neill woke up and had a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously an stunad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. A's has 1 player.
Pretty sure it was 1-1 during the season.

Player

Now he's gone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why on earth did Chaminade not go to NHSLS? In years past they have beaten Boys Latin, Culver and others featured yesterday on ESPN. They should have been there and could quarrantine when they got back.. What a sad loss of exposure for the rising juniors and seniors!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Administration clearly stated no practices, meets, tourneys, Captain practices were allowed until further notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Administration clearly stated no practices, meets, tourneys, Captain practices were allowed until further notice.

Chaminade never “officially” allowed any team to go to NHSLS. Although it was all Chaminade varsity kids, it was never a school sanctioned event and they were always carefully billed as “Flyer Lax” rather than Chaminade. It was nevertheless organized by the coaches and they could have done the very same thing this year when players needed the exposure more than ever before. Lazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade never “officially” allowed any team to go to NHSLS. Although it was all Chaminade varsity kids, it was never a school sanctioned event and they were always carefully billed as “Flyer Lax” rather than Chaminade. It was nevertheless organized by the coaches and they could have done the very same thing this year when players needed the exposure more than ever before. Lazy.

Except that this year, due to Covid, they were explicitly told not to organize anything. Doubt they are lazy, more like they want to keep their employment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why on earth did Chaminade not go to NHSLS? The reason is that coach M was too busy with his Express teams.. Total Joke.

Like Reply Quote
Page 107 of 111 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard