BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Top NJ Girl's Club Teams
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Who are the top NJ Girl's Club Teams? Use this thread to debate and share your opinions.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Top NJ Girl's Club Teams
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why yawn? Is your daughter not on a NJ team or does she play on a team we all never heard of?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
STEPS and then everyone else, at least starting at freshman year. Fact, look at college commitment list vs. other clubs and record vs. other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Facts!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been seeing SJ Shamrocks being recruited lately. I would consider them a top tier program for both the boys and girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps has been at the tope of the list for some time now. After that, Maybe BBL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you mean South Jersey Select ? SJS ? what about T3, they have a large program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Steps has been at the tope of the list for some time now. After that, Maybe BBL

BBL? I hope you are kidding. Okay, BBL mom, when was the last time they played in a "top tier" tournament?
How can you mention them before SJS and T3, when they seem to avoid the "bigger" tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dewlax is doing good things too, esp at younger ages.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm seeing more and more of Dewlax at tournaments. Out of curiosity since they are in the same areas - what would make Dewlax more appealing than Steps or T3? As a parent, I'm asking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure its fair to say one program is more appealing than another. It comes down to the coaches and teammates. Ultimately, its mostly the same tournaments and I'm sure the coaching changes from team to team. Girls are happy in all those programs from the feedback I receive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps is at the top of the pecking order and will usually have close to 100 girls at their tryouts. They were one of the first clubs in the northern part of NJ and have a good reputation with recruiting. That being said, there are politics at Steps as well as most of the other bigger name clubs. Some of these teams are a bit watered down and have 4 to 5 teams spread through out parts of NJ. It makes it feel like a money grab but i guess that is par for the course.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^ T3 is the biggest money grab going. Especially the satellite teams (not North) which haven't had the calibre of commitments that other clubs have. Not even close - no comparison to STEPS. T3 is turning into a mill and the coaching and quality/level of player is suffering for it.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
^^^ T3 is the biggest money grab going. Especially the satellite teams (not North) which haven't had the calibre of commitments that other clubs have. Not even close - no comparison to STEPS. T3 is turning into a mill and the coaching and quality/level of player is suffering for it.

Yea and what is with the Team United/T3 Merger?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm seeing more and more of Dewlax at tournaments. Out of curiosity since they are in the same areas - what would make Dewlax more appealing than Steps or T3? As a parent, I'm asking.

Nice uniforms and cool tents! From a L.I. Parent. Dewlax teams seem to put a good product on the field and are competitive in my daughter's age groups.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Nice uniforms and cool tents! From a L.I. Parent. Dewlax teams seem to put a good product on the field and are competitive in my daughter's age groups.

I agree. They are in a great location able to pull players from several hotbeds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dewlax does not have the years of recruiting experience that the more established clubs have. They are doing great things but if your daughter wants to play in college, you have to take a leap of faith. Parents and players are very happy and loyal, with less backbiting of other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Dewlax does not have the years of recruiting experience that the more established clubs have. They are doing great things but if your daughter wants to play in college, you have to take a leap of faith. Parents and players are very happy and loyal, with less backbiting of other clubs.

Dewlax is a newer program but girls lacrosse is different than the guys. As long as they go to the right tournaments which I know they do, the college coaches will see them play where if this was a boys team, I would say good luck on getting recruited by a d1 school because they are attending the invite-only events but like I said, girls and boys club lax is not the same. With that said, if you play for the Yellow Jackets, coaches will be more inclined to watch them over any other program but b/c the coaches all go to the same events, they will make their rounds to watch a large majority of teams in attendance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dewlax seems to draw the kids who can't make STEPS of BBL. They seem to be following the T3 route and opening programs everywhere in NJ. Not sure about the HS teams but I haven't seen them at any of the bigger tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's certainly not accurate anymore, at least with respect to BBL.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think Steps is at the top of the pecking order too but there is a lot of parity now. Tristate, Garden State Elite, SJ Select, BBL, T3, SJ Shamrocks, NJ Thunder, Dewlax & Celtics are probably the next in line in that order but all produce competitive teams.
Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the recruiting statistics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not that it matters, but recruiting statistics only tell us where programs have been, not where they currently are... probably better to look at how these programs are doing at tournaments, where they are being flighted and how they are doing head to head...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T3 and Dewlax are both expanding the brand in NJ with multiple teams. North NJ is over saturated at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on MadDog

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on MadDog

Boys side has been a mess since Billy left. Girls look different today but might follow the same path as the boys. Buyer

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone know if Tri-State and Mad Dog Lacrosse merge on the women's side?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxislife

Seems like a pretty unlikely union

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad Dog poached Tri-States people and now they are leaving Mad Dog. Grass only green in CA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad Dog poached Tri-States people and now they are leaving Mad Dog. Grass only green in CA!

Seems to be a lot of dysfunction with Mad Dog NJ program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter will be trying out this year for some club teams. She is in 6th grade. What can we expect at the tryouts? What are the coaches looking for? What would be the best advice to give her about the tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter will be trying out this year for some club teams. She is in 6th grade. What can we expect at the tryouts? What are the coaches looking for? What would be the best advice to give her about the tryouts?

It really depends on your daughter's skill level and goals (developmentally). If she is going to try out for a more competitive club, the tryouts will be more rigorous and the club will be more focused on filling a specific position. Other clubs may play a less competitive schedule and focus more on general player development. Its probably best to attend several tryouts in order to see where your daughter fits skill wise, plus its just good experience. If she is at a tryout that is way over her head, or vice versa, you will know it pretty quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your response. Yes she is trying out for a more competitive club. She plays defense. How long are the tryouts usually and what drills or skills evaluation are they looking at? What does the schedule of a tryout usually look like?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your response. Yes she is trying out for a more competitive club. She plays defense. How long are the tryouts usually and what drills or skills evaluation are they looking at? What does the schedule of a tryout usually look like?

Some clubs have multiple tryouts, some with callbacks. They will usually run basic skill drills, perhaps then separate positions and run some offensive/defensive drills and perhaps run half field game situations. As I stated earlier, it will be pretty clear if you are in the right place once the drills start and you can compare the talent level. I think that the most important thing is to be realistic with your expectations. If you daughter is well suited to the team that she is trying out for, then great, but if it seems as though she is not close to the same caliber as the other girls, perhaps another club would be better. The travel schedule can be time consuming and expensive, you do not want to end up travelling all over the place in the summer if your daughter will get little or no playing time. Also, you are not married to the club forever, your daughter is young, you have plenty of time to feel things out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So. Does anyone know what happened to T3? I'm told they folded. How can that be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So. Does anyone know what happened to T3? I'm told they folded. How can that be?
Heard the same but was only their shore teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the same but was only their shore teams

Thank god there North team (Triple Threat Lacrosse?) is still around. Not a lot of other teams in that area - Steps, BBL, Dewlax and CLC. Steps tryouts have 90+ girls there, it's ridiculous. BBL doesn't really coach the girls at the youth level. Dewlax is a dumpster fire (definitely buyer beware). That leaves CLC and T3 that actually coach and develop the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you say DEWLAX is a dumpster fire?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you say DEWLAX is a dumpster fire?
Its all about the money. Taking as many girls as possible onto teams many of which can't throw or catch, creating teams without goalies, "one team one family" = moving girls around from team to team across age groups to win games. No real player development of game IQ, they focus more on how someone throws a ball. "Connective Coaching" - if your daughter responds to getting yelled at and doing pushups constantly. Coaches value having girls run through as many people as possible rather than passing the ball and getting the open shot, incentives for scoring instead of getting the assist. There's more but you get the point. Go somewhere that will develop your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard