BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 154 of 214 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOL...doing the right thing. Is stringing along the 2020 seniors who played several summers of the underclass tournament, helping to make it an elite event, hoping to be selected for the Senior Game doing the right thing? Under Armour announced cancellation of the games on June 1st yet here we are almost August 1st and no mention of that on the UA lax website. Meanwhile, CSE postpones the NY tryouts and in a heartbeat has an all new regional format with dates and locations posted on the website. Mysteriously, it wasn't until all the other regions had tryouts that this was announced, although clearly they had it in their back pocket long enough to make arrangements. Why be honest and transparent when there is more money to be made?? Parents and players are just along for the ride but hopefully will at least get some film for coaches to see. Still I think most coaches will proceed cautiously until they can watch players in person and film will only go so far.

Chill out. The kids that made the UA Senior Team have been informed. IL and Corrigan are planning something special to announce it publicly since there isn't a game. I'm not going to ruin the surprise on what they are planning but they are doing their best to make it memorable for them. We get enough conspiracy theories in the news everyday without making up nonsense about HS lacrosse.[/quote]

Fact: Under Armour announced cancellation of the Senior Lax Games on June 1st
Fact: CSE to this day has stated nothing publicly about it and never updated their website to acknowledge cancellation or say something else was in the works
Fact: The NY tryouts were not called off until after all the other regional tryouts took place
Fact: A new regional format was announced and posted on their website right away

I'm glad to hear they are doing something to honor the seniors. Seems weird it's so secretive when in the past they publicly made such a big deal promoting it. Notifications must be a recent development because some players we know who would seem to be automatic choices didn't know anything a few days ago.[/quote]

Please tell us the “automatic” choices . UA senior AA is ultra competitive . Way more competitive than US lacrosse AA ( first team not the other nonsense) and how many seniors on LI have that award . In the end probably 5-7 LI players will receive the honor and there are really only 1-2 automatics and I doubt you know them both .[/quote]

You seem like a real pleasure to be around with your nasty, elitist tone. The previous poster made a valid point about the UA AAs not being promoted. This years process does seem to be secretive to me also, kind of like the way they've been jerking everyone a round the whole time, They should have done the responsible thing and cancel this event long ago. Oh, and my older kid was a UA AA, so I know how it works!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL...doing the right thing. Is stringing along the 2020 seniors who played several summers of the underclass tournament, helping to make it an elite event, hoping to be selected for the Senior Game doing the right thing? Under Armour announced cancellation of the games on June 1st yet here we are almost August 1st and no mention of that on the UA lax website. Meanwhile, CSE postpones the NY tryouts and in a heartbeat has an all new regional format with dates and locations posted on the website. Mysteriously, it wasn't until all the other regions had tryouts that this was announced, although clearly they had it in their back pocket long enough to make arrangements. Why be honest and transparent when there is more money to be made?? Parents and players are just along for the ride but hopefully will at least get some film for coaches to see. Still I think most coaches will proceed cautiously until they can watch players in person and film will only go so far.

Chill out. The kids that made the UA Senior Team have been informed. IL and Corrigan are planning something special to announce it publicly since there isn't a game. I'm not going to ruin the surprise on what they are planning but they are doing their best to make it memorable for them. We get enough conspiracy theories in the news everyday without making up nonsense about HS lacrosse.

Fact: CSE to this day has stated nothing publicly about it and never updated their website to acknowledge cancellation or say something else was in the works
Fact: The NY tryouts were not called off until after all the other regional tryouts took place
Fact: A new regional format was announced and posted on their website right away

I'm glad to hear they are doing something to honor the seniors. Seems weird it's so secretive when in the past they publicly made such a big deal promoting it. Notifications must be a recent development because some players we know who would seem to be automatic choices didn't know anything a few days ago.[/quote]

Please tell us the “automatic” choices . UA senior AA is ultra competitive . Way more competitive than US lacrosse AA ( first team not the other nonsense) and how many seniors on LI have that award . In the end probably 5-7 LI players will receive the honor and there are really only 1-2 automatics and I doubt you know them both .[/quote]

You seem like a real pleasure to be around with your nasty, elitist tone. The previous poster made a valid point about the UA AAs not being promoted. This years process does seem to be secretive to me also, kind of like the way they've been jerking everyone a round the whole time, They should have done the responsible thing and cancel this event long ago. Oh, and my older kid was a UA AA, so I know how it works![/quote]

How was it less secretive in the past in regard to senior AA other than they are going to announce them later than normal .Talk about a pleasure to be around you obviously could not help yourself in mentioning your kids accolade which is probably something you “ mention” as much as you can. Hey Einstein we are in the middle of a world wide pandemic with every state adjusting their rules in regard to travel daily so yes UA is changing things on the fly . Your answer is to just not even try and cancel the whole thing ,as if that’s so much better . My point was it is very rare that anyone is an automatic when making the Senior UA team , you are obviously one of those parents who belittle the kids that earn these awards because you know better just like the poster who knows these players who are obvious automatic picks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chill out. The kids that made the UA Senior Team have been informed. IL and Corrigan are planning something special to announce it publicly since there isn't a game. I'm not going to ruin the surprise on what they are planning but they are doing their best to make it memorable for them. We get enough conspiracy theories in the news everyday without making up nonsense about HS lacrosse.

I'm glad to hear they are doing something to honor the seniors. Seems weird it's so secretive when in the past they publicly made such a big deal promoting it. Notifications must be a recent development because some players we know who would seem to be automatic choices didn't know anything a few days ago.

You seem like a real pleasure to be around with your nasty, elitist tone. The previous poster made a valid point about the UA AAs not being promoted. This years process does seem to be secretive to me also, kind of like the way they've been jerking everyone a round the whole time, They should have done the responsible thing and cancel this event long ago. Oh, and my older kid was a UA AA, so I know how it works![/quote]

How was it less secretive in the past in regard to senior AA other than they are going to announce them later than normal .Talk about a pleasure to be around you obviously could not help yourself in mentioning your kids accolade which is probably something you “ mention” as much as you can. Hey Einstein we are in the middle of a world wide pandemic with every state adjusting their rules in regard to travel daily so yes UA is changing things on the fly . Your answer is to just not even try and cancel the whole thing ,as if that’s so much better . My point was it is very rare that anyone is an automatic when making the Senior UA team , you are obviously one of those parents who belittle the kids that earn these awards because you know better just like the poster who knows these players who are obvious automatic picks.[/quote]

Later than usual??? The kids are headed to college next week! The announcement should have been made in May. It’s not like they were able to use their accolades from spring sports which normally is a substantial factor in picking the team. No reason to wait this long...nobody even cares anymore, especially since there’s no game to play. Lost year, let it go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely wrong. You only pay for the tryouts. No additional charge if you make a team. Corrigan would only have to refund the NY registration fees. Corrigan is trying to do the right thing and hold the best event he can under the circumstances.

I'm glad to hear they are doing something to honor the seniors. Seems weird it's so secretive when in the past they publicly made such a big deal promoting it. Notifications must be a recent development because some players we know who would seem to be automatic choices didn't know anything a few days ago.

NY tryouts are not canceled they are postponed. They will be done.

The seniors that made the AA team were all called almost 2 weeks ago. There are no automatic choices. If they weren't called they didn't make it Even in normal years, the players that are announced in each wave are called well before the wave is announced. Of course there will be quite a bit of publicity and fanfare when the team is announced. Again, I don't want to go into specifics because the players don't know what's being done. In these crazy times Corrigan and Inside Lacrosse are doing the best they can to make this a good experience. Another hiccup is that UA stopped producing lacrosse equipment so it limits what can be given to the seniors. UA will remain a main sponsor going forward but only as an apparel provider. Assume another company (Maverik or STX) will take over the equipment going forward. UA is under contract for a couple more years to sponsor the event. They don't actually provide any money to the event so there's no reason for them to back out of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely wrong. You only pay for the tryouts. No additional charge if you make a team. Corrigan would only have to refund the NY registration fees. Corrigan is trying to do the right thing and hold the best event he can under the circumstances.

The seniors that made the AA team were all called almost 2 weeks ago. There are no automatic choices. If they weren't called they didn't make it Even in normal years, the players that are announced in each wave are called well before the wave is announced. Of course there will be quite a bit of publicity and fanfare when the team is announced. Again, I don't want to go into specifics because the players don't know what's being done. In these crazy times Corrigan and Inside Lacrosse are doing the best they can to make this a good experience. Another hiccup is that UA stopped producing lacrosse equipment so it limits what can be given to the seniors. UA will remain a main sponsor going forward but only as an apparel provider. Assume another company (Maverik or STX) will take over the equipment going forward. UA is under contract for a couple more years to sponsor the event. They don't actually provide any money to the event so there's no reason for them to back out of it.

Lol! Nobody cares! That ship has sailed!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be like every other year, most that make it deserve it, some that make shouldn’t be there and some that should make it won’t. It is the same for all these events and it will continue to be the same for years to come. Good luck to ALL the seniors that are playing in college!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Lol! Nobody cares! That ship has sailed!"

Typical hater, obviously his kid did not get the call. When the kids are announced you should go up and tell one of the dads your thoughts on the matter. We all know you are too much of a flaccid coward to do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical hater, obviously his kid did not get the call. When the kids are announced you should go up and tell one of the dads your thoughts on the matter. We all know you are too much of a flaccid coward to do that.

Nice try, but my daughter is not a senior. You are a funny troll!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're just an A hole? I'm pretty sure the kids that make the senior AA team care that you think the ship has sailed. It's a huge honor and a great way to end a terrible year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're just an A hole? I'm pretty sure the kids that make the senior AA team care that you think the ship has sailed. It's a huge honor and a great way to end a terrible year.

The lax year ended back in March. There are really no true senior AAs because there was no senior season to base it on. Same reason there are no US Lacrosse AAs this year. UA AAs was a fun event to watch the kids who were chosen play the game, but since there’s no game, there is no point!No need to get your panties twisted. Just the facts. I can see you’re happy that your daughter made a useless list, and I’m sure you can’t wait for the list to come out so you brag about it, maybe your last chance, your daughter may disappear in college!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was Lacrosse Amplified last Weeknd ? Did they enforce the rules set forth by Thinklax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“The lax year ended back in March. There are really no true senior AAs because there was no senior season to base it on. Same reason there are no US Lacrosse AAs this year. UA AAs was a fun event to watch the kids who were chosen play the game, but since there’s no game, there is no point!No need to get your panties twisted. Just the facts. I can see you’re happy that your daughter made a useless list, and I’m sure you can’t wait for the list to come out so you brag about it, maybe your last chance, your daughter may disappear in college”

Talk about a flaccid coward who manages to be completely ignorant . First off genius the selection is not based only on their senior year ,it’s based on their high school career both in school ball and travel . For someone who keeps saying “ just the facts “ you sure are ill informed . Your logic is that of a child , you essentially state if there is no game than no reason to give these kids the honor of UA AA but by your logic there is no reason any year to give kids All County or US lacrosse AA as they never play any game either . In the end you are one of those jealous parents who can’t stand that their kid is just not very good . Never understand how you diminishing the accomplishments of young girls makes you feel better about yourself and I would guarantee your kid feels the disappointment you have in her . One more “fact” for you is that UA senior AA status is the best indicator of future college success .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“The lax year ended back in March. There are really no true senior AAs because there was no senior season to base it on. Same reason there are no US Lacrosse AAs this year. UA AAs was a fun event to watch the kids who were chosen play the game, but since there’s no game, there is no point!No need to get your panties twisted. Just the facts. I can see you’re happy that your daughter made a useless list, and I’m sure you can’t wait for the list to come out so you brag about it, maybe your last chance, your daughter may disappear in college”

Talk about a flaccid coward who manages to be completely ignorant . First off genius the selection is not based only on their senior year ,it’s based on their high school career both in school ball and travel . For someone who keeps saying “ just the facts “ you sure are ill informed . Your logic is that of a child , you essentially state if there is no game than no reason to give these kids the honor of UA AA but by your logic there is no reason any year to give kids All County or US lacrosse AA as they never play any game either . In the end you are one of those jealous parents who can’t stand that their kid is just not very good . Never understand how you diminishing the accomplishments of young girls makes you feel better about yourself and I would guarantee your kid feels the disappointment you have in her . One more “fact” for you is that UA senior AA status is the best indicator of future college success .

The only one flaccid is you, ask your wife angry man! If you can’t handle facts now, college will be a rough ride for you! Be well and get some sleep

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only one flaccid is you, ask your wife angry man! If you can’t handle facts now, college will be a rough ride for you! Be well and get some sleep

I don’t have to I just asked yours and she said no problem in that department . Just say congrats and well deserved to these kids instead of acting like a coward and bashing high school girls accomplishments . Your kid knows your disappointment , honestly if you just acted happy for these kids she would be way more proud of you than the embarrassment she feels now . Go take your medication and look up what a fact is as you have no clue .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lax year ended back in March. There are really no true senior AAs because there was no senior season to base it on. Same reason there are no US Lacrosse AAs this year. UA AAs was a fun event to watch the kids who were chosen play the game, but since there’s no game, there is no point!No need to get your panties twisted. Just the facts. I can see you’re happy that your daughter made a useless list, and I’m sure you can’t wait for the list to come out so you brag about it, maybe your last chance, your daughter may disappear in college!

My daughter is a 2021 so no she wasn't chosen. But I do appreciate the fact that these kids missed their senior year that unlike the college players they'll never get back. You obviously have no idea how the UA process works. The waves start to be announced before many teams even start playing conference games. The UA teams are not based on senior year. Not sure why you feel the need to diminish the accomplishments of HS kids. Pretty sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t have to I just asked yours and she said no problem in that department . Just say congrats and well deserved to these kids instead of acting like a coward and bashing high school girls accomplishments . Your kid knows your disappointment , honestly if you just acted happy for these kids she would be way more proud of you than the embarrassment she feels now . Go take your medication and look up what a fact is as you have no clue .

Wow! I thought the Dad's ranking the best 4th grade youth club teams were crazy, but you guys are a special kind of nuts.
Way to be the stereotype and live thru your kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone catch the IWLCA Town Hall on moving the recruiting timeline?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, care to share your thoughts..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering if they explained why they need so much more time in the no contact period. Especially given women’s lacrosse is an outlier here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last nights webinar is not posted yet, but there are a few others, I watched the 6/9/2020 meeting.. not really any good news for High School players.

link attached

https://www.iwlca.org/page/show/5773666-webinars-and-town-halls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strange that a Northport girl was selected to the UA team, yet she hasn’t play in two years?🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the list... start throwing stones in 3, 2, 1...

North
ATTACK
Mackenzie Hoeg, Mattituck (N.Y.), Virginia
Leah Holmes, Hackley (N.Y.), Northwestern
Ashley Humphrey, Darien (Conn.), Stanford
Sarah Jaques, Darien (Conn.), Stanford
Morgan Schwab, Fairport (N.Y.), Virginia

MIDFIELD
Annabelle Burke, Loyola Academy (Ill.), Michigan
Alexa Gentile, Northport (N.Y.), North Carolina
Ailish Kelly, Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.), Stanford
Jennifer Markey, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.), Syracuse
Ellie Masera, Eastport-South Manor (N.Y.), Stony Brook
Danielle Pavinelli, Northport (N.Y.), Florida
Andrea Reynolds, Holderness School (N.H.), Boston College
Gina-Marie Ricciotti, Bridgewater-Raynham (Mass.), Harvard
Kristen Shanahan, Sachem East (N.Y.), Notre Dame
Isabelle Smith, Westhampton Beach (N.Y.), Boston College
Sophie Student, St. Mark’s (Mass.), Virginia Tech
Fallon Vaughn, Concord-Carlisle (Mass.), Yale

DEFENSE
Katie Goodale, Riverhead (N.Y.), Syracuse
Annabelle Hasselbeck, Rivers School (Mass.), Boston College
Amelia Sheehan, Sacred Heart Greenwich (Conn.), North Carolina

GOALIE
Olivia Geoghan, McDonogh (Md.), Stanford
Julia Hammerschlag, McDonogh (Md.), Florida

South
ATTACK
Campbell Case, St. Margaret’s (Calif.), Johns Hopkins
Reilly Casey, Bishop Ireton (Va.), North Carolina
Katie DeSimone, St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), Duke
Maggi Hall, Bel Air (Md.), Florida
Caitlyn Wurzburger, American Heritage-Delray (Fla.), North Carolina

MIDFIELD
Kayla Abernathy, McDonogh (Md.), Penn State
Maggie Bostain, Collegiate (Va.), Virginia
Eloise Clevenger, Marriotts Ridge (Md.), Maryland
Gretchen Gilmore, Glen Ridge (N.J.), Penn State
Kristin O’Neill, Archbishop Spalding (Md.), Penn State
Natalie Pansini, Agnes Irwin (Pa.), Princeton
Keelin Schlageter, Oak Knoll (N.J.), Notre Dame
Shannon Smith, Roland Park Country School (Md.), North Carolina
Kathryn Toohey, Garnet Valley (Pa.), Penn State
Devon Whitaker, Episcopal Academy (Pa.), Virginia
Aubrey Williams, Bishop Ireton (Va.), Virginia
Alanna Wray, Liberty (Md.), Loyola
Sophia Wrisk, Catonsville (Md.), Maryland

DEFENSE
Aine Maseker, Oak Knoll (N.J.), Notre Dame
Kennedy Williamson, Glenelg Country School (Md.), Maryland

GOALIE
Regan Alexander, Lake Highland Prep (Fla.), Ohio State
Chloe Provenzano, American Heritage-Delray (Fla.), Harvard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strange that a Northport girl was selected to the UA team, yet she hasn’t play in two years?🤔

She good tho...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without injury and getting in trouble early in H.S., she could of been best 2020 hands down. Legacy select is a head scratcher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without injury and getting in trouble early in H.S., she could of been best 2020 hands down. Legacy select is a head scratcher.

Injuries stink , but to be placed on an AA team without playing for two seasons is ludicrous! Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Not fair at all to girls who actually played. That’s why US Lacrosse AA is more meaningful, because it’s earned. This is a joke and the politics are evident!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy select is a head scratcher.

You mean one of the 3 High school girls on the U19 team. No mystery there...she good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy select is a head scratcher.

You mean one of the 3 High school girls on the U19 team. No mystery there...she good

She didn’t actually play in the U19 games, she was cut from the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Injury is one thing, unfortunately a lot of girls have dealt with it. stinks that you get rewarded when you screwed up and it was nobody’s fault but your own. Doesn’t say a lot for the good players who did the right thing for 4 years In HS but just don’t have the right coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Injuries stink , but to be placed on an AA team without playing for two seasons is ludicrous! Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Not fair at all to girls who actually played. That’s why US Lacrosse AA is more meaningful, because it’s earned. This is a joke and the politics are evident!

While I agree that US lacrosse AA may be more meaningful on LI it’s a joke nationally . When you have as many US lacrosse AA from Cali alone as you have UA AA it’s a bit ridiculous. I do think the NP pick hurts UA credibility as I don’t think she has played a season in 3-4 years and the last time I watched her play was on the CR rehab tour at the UA tournament and it was a train wreck . That said congrats to all the others who made the list , well deserved , and there are definitely a few other from LI who could have made it ( BBP kid who I think has made every UA team ) but in general I think they got it right .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of girls are good. 3 of her H.S. teammates are good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last nights webinar is not posted yet, but there are a few others, I watched the 6/9/2020 meeting.. not really any good news for High School players.

link attached

Thanks for the link, good explanation of the thought process behind the decision. Covid-19 is impacting all college and high school lacrosse players. What if the 2021 spring lax season is canceled before it even begins? Won't every college player then retain that year of eligibility? There is the five year clock so I think that would keep some from being able to return but I'm not 100% sure. A lot of 2020s are beginning college this fall without normal fall practices and fall ball; and if there is no spring season many will want to extend their college career a year to have four "normal" years. 2022s as a whole are not going to be skipped, but classes will likely be smaller and it's better for all PSAs when coaches know their needs and resources before making offers. Plus, film only goes so far and coaches want to see players play in person and get them on campus to evaluate if they are a good fit with team culture. As a parent whose daughter has already been through the process, I would say spending time with coaches and current players on campus is a very important step in making a decision. It's a tough situation for all but there is so much uncertainty and it's important to look at the big picture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

link attached

Thanks for the link, good explanation of the thought process behind the decision. Covid-19 is impacting all college and high school lacrosse players. What if the 2021 spring lax season is canceled before it even begins? Won't every college player then retain that year of eligibility? There is the five year clock so I think that would keep some from being able to return but I'm not 100% sure. A lot of 2020s are beginning college this fall without normal fall practices and fall ball; and if there is no spring season many will want to extend their college career a year to have four "normal" years. 2022s as a whole are not going to be skipped, but classes will likely be smaller and it's better for all PSAs when coaches know their needs and resources before making offers. Plus, film only goes so far and coaches want to see players play in person and get them on campus to evaluate if they are a good fit with team culture. As a parent whose daughter has already been through the process, I would say spending time with coaches and current players on campus is a very important step in making a decision. It's a tough situation for all but there is so much uncertainty and it's important to look at the big picture.

Here's a summary of the town hall: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...-i-contact-date-proposal-town-hall/56725

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s interesting is if the 2021 season gets cancelled before it starts the current freshmen under NCAA rules will all be eligible to play for a post grad year and maybe 2 post grad years as their clock has not even started , that could impact recruiting thru 2026 -2027 high school graduation years .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh look, a legacy parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s interesting is if the 2021 season gets cancelled before it starts the current freshmen under NCAA rules will all be eligible to play for a post grad year and maybe 2 post grad years as their clock has not even started , that could impact recruiting thru 2026 -2027 high school graduation years .

why would 2021 season be cancelled already? I prefer to be optomistic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the list... start throwing stones in 3, 2, 1...

North
ATTACK
Mackenzie Hoeg, Mattituck (N.Y.), Virginia
Leah Holmes, Hackley (N.Y.), Northwestern
Ashley Humphrey, Darien (Conn.), Stanford
Sarah Jaques, Darien (Conn.), Stanford
Morgan Schwab, Fairport (N.Y.), Virginia

MIDFIELD
Annabelle Burke, Loyola Academy (Ill.), Michigan
Alexa Gentile, Northport (N.Y.), North Carolina
Ailish Kelly, Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.), Stanford
Jennifer Markey, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.), Syracuse
Ellie Masera, Eastport-South Manor (N.Y.), Stony Brook
Danielle Pavinelli, Northport (N.Y.), Florida
Andrea Reynolds, Holderness School (N.H.), Boston College
Gina-Marie Ricciotti, Bridgewater-Raynham (Mass.), Harvard
Kristen Shanahan, Sachem East (N.Y.), Notre Dame
Isabelle Smith, Westhampton Beach (N.Y.), Boston College
Sophie Student, St. Mark’s (Mass.), Virginia Tech
Fallon Vaughn, Concord-Carlisle (Mass.), Yale

DEFENSE
Katie Goodale, Riverhead (N.Y.), Syracuse
Annabelle Hasselbeck, Rivers School (Mass.), Boston College
Amelia Sheehan, Sacred Heart Greenwich (Conn.), North Carolina

GOALIE
Olivia Geoghan, McDonogh (Md.), Stanford
Julia Hammerschlag, McDonogh (Md.), Florida

South
ATTACK
Campbell Case, St. Margaret’s (Calif.), Johns Hopkins
Reilly Casey, Bishop Ireton (Va.), North Carolina
Katie DeSimone, St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), Duke
Maggi Hall, Bel Air (Md.), Florida
Caitlyn Wurzburger, American Heritage-Delray (Fla.), North Carolina

MIDFIELD
Kayla Abernathy, McDonogh (Md.), Penn State
Maggie Bostain, Collegiate (Va.), Virginia
Eloise Clevenger, Marriotts Ridge (Md.), Maryland
Gretchen Gilmore, Glen Ridge (N.J.), Penn State
Kristin O’Neill, Archbishop Spalding (Md.), Penn State
Natalie Pansini, Agnes Irwin (Pa.), Princeton
Keelin Schlageter, Oak Knoll (N.J.), Notre Dame
Shannon Smith, Roland Park Country School (Md.), North Carolina
Kathryn Toohey, Garnet Valley (Pa.), Penn State
Devon Whitaker, Episcopal Academy (Pa.), Virginia
Aubrey Williams, Bishop Ireton (Va.), Virginia
Alanna Wray, Liberty (Md.), Loyola
Sophia Wrisk, Catonsville (Md.), Maryland

DEFENSE
Aine Maseker, Oak Knoll (N.J.), Notre Dame
Kennedy Williamson, Glenelg Country School (Md.), Maryland

GOALIE
Regan Alexander, Lake Highland Prep (Fla.), Ohio State
Chloe Provenzano, American Heritage-Delray (Fla.), Harvard

Congratulations to all! Good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is only one glaring mistake on that list . How can you have a kid who has no played a season since 9th grade on there especially considering it has to be based on high school career . Also goes to show that the whole thing is political , really diminishes the accolade for the other kids on the list that are very deserving .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm shocked not to see complaints about the UA team. Looks like CR kept half her team

Like Reply Quote
Page 154 of 214 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard