BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 313 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA junior spotlight moved to the fall.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delay getting that LIDS sponsorship finalized?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes TN format was great. But not all top players there. Just a bunch of coaches and there friends kid got invite over hyped on social media all to make their kids look good and maybe get a look by college coaches.

Look at the first 2022 commit in the class. Plays for Rock. Not even a top level team at the 2022 class. Bottom line if your kid can play coaches will fine them.

My son is on the 22 Crabs and we played Rock last fall. The kid going to Army who my son knows is LEGIT. I don't know if Rock had any guest players but we only beat them by 1. Their defense is very good. They have 2 very good poles, a couple good D-middies. My son remembered the one goalie from the Hawks . He was lights out and so was their other goalie. We have 2 great goalies but they matched us save for save that day. They were weak on offense and honestly they shouldn't have scored the 3 goals they did. The Army kid, another long haired pole and their 2 goalies can play for anybody

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop with this rhetoric the boy is one of the better Attackman in this class from Maryland not Best but one of the better whatever dislike you have for the dad leave the Kid out The CH kid is tops in MD even tho TY x will try and push the one dimensional BL player because of his friendship with the dad Gonzaga kid 3 then Lids and Spalding It’s obvious. NATIONALLY The LI kid is Clearly tops and it isn’t very close CHKid second BL Kid third Nisky 4 then it’s coin toss down the Line

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes TN format was great. But not all top players there. Just a bunch of coaches and there friends kid got invite over hyped on social media all to make their kids look good and maybe get a look by college coaches.

Look at the first 2022 commit in the class. Plays for Rock. Not even a top level team at the 2022 class. Bottom line if your kid can play coaches will fine them.

My son is on the 22 Crabs and we played Rock last fall. The kid going to Army who my son knows is LEGIT. I don't know if Rock had any guest players but we only beat them by 1. Their defense is very good. They have 2 very good poles, a couple good D-middies. My son remembered the one goalie from the Hawks . He was lights out and so was their other goalie. We have 2 great goalies but they matched us save for save that day. They were weak on offense and honestly they shouldn't have scored the 3 goals they did. The Army kid, another long haired pole and their 2 goalies can play for anybody

He can’t play for the Hawks anymore.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any of the St. John’s/hawks make it?

A player was cut from DC tryout but made Baltimore tryout. Luckily he did not have to go to anymore tryouts to find a team to take him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop with this rhetoric the boy is one of the better Attackman in this class from Maryland not Best but one of the better whatever dislike you have for the dad leave the Kid out The CH kid is tops in MD even tho TY x will try and push the one dimensional BL player because of his friendship with the dad Gonzaga kid 3 then Lids and Spalding It’s obvious. NATIONALLY The LI kid is Clearly tops and it isn’t very close CHKid second BL Kid third Nisky 4 then it’s coin toss down the Line

This is actually so accurate Imagine That on this board. My son is an attackman was not fortunate enough to be invited to Tennesee but we have watched every game that has been televised. I agree the Hawks Lefty player is very good and underrated In addition I as well as countless others feel the CH Attackman is better than the BL the bias to him by certain Publications or "writer" is obvious and for obvious reasons. Doesnt take a scientist to see it. Our boy WAS invited to Main Stage which was a pretty good group of players and on the way home reflecting on his play and others One comment he made was "dad if "BL attackman he used the name. " gets written up then you know it is all fixed he did nothing " NOT surprising to me he was written up and no one sees a problem with that? In our state the CH attackmen is tops followed by the BL player the drop off from there is not large. Watching the televised games and time at Main StageI agree the LI kid is tops by a large margin especially watching them all play together. My problem. is why certain players are attacked and others not? Be critical across the board or not at all. It is a fantastic class with many talented players Lets talk about the new format of UA will this even happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is actually so accurate Imagine That on this board. My son is an attackman was not fortunate enough to be invited to Tennesee but we have watched every game that has been televised. I agree the Hawks Lefty player is very good and underrated In addition I as well as countless others feel the CH Attackman is better than the BL the bias to him by certain Publications or "writer" is obvious and for obvious reasons. Doesnt take a scientist to see it. Our boy WAS invited to Main Stage which was a pretty good group of players and on the way home reflecting on his play and others One comment he made was "dad if "BL attackman he used the name. " gets written up then you know it is all fixed he did nothing " NOT surprising to me he was written up and no one sees a problem with that? In our state the CH attackmen is tops followed by the BL player the drop off from there is not large. Watching the televised games and time at Main StageI agree the LI kid is tops by a large margin especially watching them all play together. My problem. is why certain players are attacked and others not? Be critical across the board or not at all. It is a fantastic class with many talented players Lets talk about the new format of UA will this even happen?

I believe the attacks come from the resentment that someone is so privileged that his father creates a showcase just for him and people are buying into it. If there is a Lids showcase for 2023s next year, I apologize.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it doesn't hurt that the Dad is a club team coach and also in his college's hall of fame for lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lids? Flat brims? Can’t keep up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with most of this, Hawks kid has proven himself while being criticized heavily for dislike of his dad while to use as an example the BL kid being put in same category as LI attackman after a very lackluster Main stage in a write up doesnt get criticized and is laughable. Rules seem different Our son is a midfielder in this class and it is interesting watching other positions objectively

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJC pulls the upset against Deerfield. Been saying if for years best hawks players play for SJC. And the best Hawks 2022 attackman is the Righty.

SJC vs Taft 1pm EspnU semifinals NHSLS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stop with the fake outrage re: Daddy Lids and his kid. His endless promotion of his kid is the reason people are lashing out. He’s a role player playing for bottom-feeder MIAA high school. Nothing more. He’d be lucky to see the field at any of the MIAA playoff caliber schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJC pulls the upset against Deerfield. Been saying if for years best hawks players play for SJC. And the best Hawks 2022 attackman is the Righty.

SJC vs Taft 1pm EspnU semifinals NHSLS

That’s been known. SJC 2022 Class is very good and it’s not just the Hawks players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Yankee >$49k a year Finishing Schools (eg Uppa Class Prep Schools) did very well at the NHSLA tournament this week. Especially when you consider many of the boys, I mean “men” they have on the roster (euphemistically refereed to as Post Graduates) LOL, are allowed to play as fake 12th graders.

Maybe next year Calvert Hall and McD should be allowed to play their already graduated Seniors and maybe a couple of their college lacrosse stars to make things more interesting.

But in the interest of fair play and not to sound unsportsmanlike ...congratulations to the 20-years-olds of Taft for their victory over the young teenagers of McD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Yankee >$49k a year Finishing Schools (eg Uppa Class Prep Schools) did very well at the NHSLA tournament this week. Especially when you consider many of the boys, I mean “men” they have on the roster (euphemistically refereed to as Post Graduates) LOL, are allowed to play as fake 12th graders.

Maybe next year Calvert Hall and McD should be allowed to play their already graduated Seniors and maybe a couple of their college lacrosse stars to make things more interesting.

But in the interest of fair play and not to sound unsportsmanlike ...congratulations to the 20-years-olds of Taft for their victory over the young teenagers of McD.

McD holdbacks got back beat by older holdbacks lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD did play their graduating seniors??? I am not sure what galaxy you live in, but McD has many players that are 19 , Top HS lacrosse is now a holdback/prefirst game, More you have the better you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even aside from the age issue, the children from Taft were rude and obnoxious, acting as if the tournament was in their honor. In the middle of 2 of my son's games the entire Taft team entered the field and started warming up in the corner where they continually stepped into the actual playing area. The ref in one game had to stop the game and tell them to get off the field.

They were a bunch of entitled $^!#$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not too often you can say this on this site but I AGREE with both sides of this
1. The Hawks Lids lefty is hyped by the coach and while he is a good player he is Not amongst the best I was in Tennessee and personally thought he played good enough to get the write up he got but I wouldn’t consider him a top 15 attackman in the class and fits better as a role player.
The other argument on here
2 The hype of the BL lefty because of his dad doesn’t get same criticism . Personally thought he was good not great in Tennessee as Spallina was clearly the best of the Attackman at that event and was the clear leader of that attck group and was best at event With A few other standouts behind him . The BL player was good but was not great . Following week at Main Stage “his fathers event” the BL player was outshined by a different attackman on his team Beerman and took backseat to him SO why did he get a write up and “touted” in the article at the top with Spallina (everyone knows that isn’t the case) And was thrown into the write up
So that’s my assessment now my question
Why is Lids dad involvement questioned so hard yet the other fathers Clear involvement with his buddy at Inside lacrosse not questioned While the BL player is better than the Hawks player the situation isn’t much different if you think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most prep school leagues have rule that says you can’t turn 20 during the school year....PGs included.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2022 miss playoffs in their own tournament @Crabfeast.

Team seems to have a bunch of talent but never has done anything with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. The Hawks Lids lefty is hyped by the coach and while he is a good player he is Not amongst the best I was in Tennessee and personally thought he played good enough to get the write up he got but I wouldn’t consider him a top 15 attackman in the class and fits better as a role player.
2 The hype of the BL lefty because of his dad doesn’t get same criticism . Personally thought he was good not great in Tennessee as Spallina was clearly the best of the Attackman at that event and was the clear leader of that attck group and was best at event With A few other standouts behind him . The BL player was good but was not great . Following week at Main Stage “his fathers event” the BL player was outshined by a different attackman on his team Beerman and took backseat to him SO why did he get a write up and “touted” in the article at the top with Spallina (everyone knows that isn’t the case) And was thrown into the write up
Why is Lids dad involvement questioned so hard yet the other fathers Clear involvement with his buddy at Inside lacrosse not questioned While the BL player is better than the Hawks player the situation isn’t much different if you think about it.

Ok - let’s criticize the spallina situation. Kid was a 2020 and wasn’t good so then he became an average 2021 - then they dropped him to a 2022 to hopefully get him a better ranking... for lacrosse. Absolutely ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets put these rankings and write ups in perspective please. They are intended to get you fired up so you visit the site. They are garbage predictors of success. Other than Conrad, no #1 ranked player has won a championship since 2014. Only 6 of the top 10 ranked players over the past 5 years have won- that's 6 out of 40 players!!! (dont count 2020 season). Sowers was a #10 -the "4th best attackman" in his class. Ben Reeves was a #77. Blaze #74. Troutner #95 Chris Gray the 5th best in his class. Spencer #3 in his. Keep it real people. Club lacrosse evaluations are not very meaningful to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok - let’s criticize the spallina situation. Kid was a 2020 and wasn’t good so then he became an average 2021 - then they dropped him to a 2022 to hopefully get him a better ranking... for lacrosse. Absolutely ridiculous.

I dont have any idea about his age..But how can you go from being a 2020 to a 2022 ? Just doesnt seem like the truth. Maybe one year, that is common among the players, but 2 ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont have any idea about his age..But how can you go from being a 2020 to a 2022 ? Just doesnt seem like the truth. Maybe one year, that is common among the players, but 2 ??

He played up 2 years. Just like the BL kid and CH kid. Both played up in club then leading scorers (about) as freshman v seniors... not hard to figure out. good kids play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Petro was one the greatest defenseman and has coached teams to multiple championships. His kid also happens to be very good (although a holdback). His production in the MIAA speaks for itself. Daddy Lids has no lacrosse pedigree and his kid plays for an awful HS program. Not the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best attackman on Hawks is a righty that they have playing midfield so back door business and recruitment deals can be hashed out on the field. Current lefty and righty wouldn’t even be noticed without Lids- Attack unit has been a huge let down especially in big games for years- -
Hence invite 2 of the top 3 attack in entire class for summer circuit
Hence Cottle and Wood on payroll to desperately try to help
Hence every all star - showcase roster even if hurt during the entire tryout or games
Hence creating entire recruiting event just for some love from Ty on Twitter -
Hence still recruiting for Phipps and Spalding

And yes- hating is really easy to do especially after dodging the best tournament competition wise last week-
Cheers to the red cup dads that rather join them then beat em’

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He played up 2 years. Just like the BL kid and CH kid. Both played up in club then leading scorers (about) as freshman v seniors... not hard to figure out. good kids play.

I think you mean they played up one year and then when they saw all the holdbacks they had to play against at their on age, the were heldback one year. So that equals two.

Good kids play up is a ridiculous thing to say in top High School lacrosse, Many of the better kids on better teams are playing down a year by their age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point being made was people criticize Lids getting write up saying he was undeserving and only got it because of his fathers involvement the point being made was the same can be said with BL player after Main event clear favoritism because of friendship with inside lacrosse. Understand any of the top four attackman in this 2022 class Would be the top guy in the 21 class Kids perform they should get notoriety if they don’t they shouldn’t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference between the Petro and Lids thing is if anything Xanders is doing to Petro what Lids is doing to Xanders. Petro isn't doing anything to get Xanders to like him or his kid. His status gets that for him. Lids is trying to force his way into that status circle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best attackman on Hawks is a righty that they have playing midfield so back door business and recruitment deals can be hashed out on the field. Current lefty and righty wouldn’t even be noticed without Lids- Attack unit has been a huge let down especially in big games for years- -
Hence every all star - showcase roster even if hurt during the entire tryout or games

And yes- hating is really easy to do especially after dodging the best tournament competition wise last week-

Wow! Did Mr Lids son take your sons spot on the team, Lot of inside information and frustration there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Did Mr Lids son take your sons spot on the team, Lot of inside information and frustration there.

Someone is infatuated with Mr. Lids. Would love for you to come out from behind this page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean "Team McDunna"

Completely selfish and astonishingly foolish play (I've watched games with 10+ unforced turnovers this summer), non existent ball movement and three coaches that stand on the sideline and do nothing but pout as the train goes off the rails again and again - let alone coach.

Apparently, so long as the Orange chrome domes get to run down the field and launch the ball for the highlight reel and Instagram photos all is great in their world.

Even if it means getting rolled by teams nobody has ever heard of.

Great job 22 Crab coaches!!

I'm sure the pay isn't that great, but don't you have an ounce of self pride left??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean "Team McDunna"

Completely selfish and astonishingly foolish play (I've watched games with 10+ unforced turnovers this summer), non existent ball movement and three coaches that stand on the sideline and do nothing but pout as the train goes off the rails again and again - let alone coach.

Apparently, so long as the Orange chrome domes get to run down the field and launch the ball for the highlight reel and Instagram photos all is great in their world.

I'm sure the pay isn't that great, but don't you have an ounce of self pride left??

Wow is all I can say. Better hope King Crab doesn't find you. He has spent countless hours "building" this team and developing them. His ability to build a roster, develop players and hire great coaching staffs is why he's renowned nation wide. There is only one conductor in the land of the Crustaceans and he has the best Club in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean "Team McDunna"

Wow is all I can say. Better hope King Crab doesn't find you. He has spent countless hours "building" this team and developing them. His ability to build a roster, develop players and hire great coaching staffs is why he's renowned nation wide. There is only one conductor in the land of the Crustaceans and he has the best Club in the country.

Crabs 2022 has never been good. 2023, now that is a diff story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RoughRiders 2022 win Crabfeast. Two out of 3 years now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean "Team McDunna"

2022 MD Roughriders win crabfeast for the second time in 3 years with a 6-1 win over Laxachussetts in the championship. They finish the summer 21-3 with all local kids, an even mix of public and private players, no tryouts last fall and all the kids on the roster play. The way it should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other Crabfeast Champs
2021 - Maddog
2023 - Crabs
2024 - True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it doesn't hurt that the Dad is a club team coach and also in his college's hall of fame for lacrosse.

Holdback on a MIAA - A team. You don't have to look hard to "find" him. Even though he's on a bottom half MIAA-A team, coaches can still see how he plays against the big boys at CH and BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean "Team McDunna"

2022 MD Roughriders win crabfeast for the second time in 3 years with a 6-1 win over Laxachussetts in the championship. They finish the summer 21-3 with all local kids, an even mix of public and private players, no tryouts last fall and all the kids on the roster play. The way it should be.

Why can’t they field a 2023?

Like Reply Quote
Page 73 of 313 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard