BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for 2026 Graduating Boys (7th Graders) for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons 2026 team played 1 game against a different program this summer. Is that consistent with the other 2026 programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My sons 2026 team played 1 game against a different program this summer. Is that consistent with the other 2026 programs?
That is not consistent with other 2026 teams and hopefully your coach/club can find you a bunch more games. I guess it depends where you live, but all the MD teams have played or are playing multiple tourneys with varied opponents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our team has played 5 games against other teams from the tristate. I agree with above poster, hopefully your club can secure some games for your team. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what tournaments are upcoming?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like tryouts will be happening this year for some clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which ones? Like to see who is looking for what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which ones? Like to see who is looking for what.

91 and legacy are both holding “new player” evaluations. If you contact express they will invite you down to practice with the team and get a look

Most clubs are holding “new player evaluations”. For many of the bigger clubs this is just to fill the roster of their b and c teams. The virus has really exposed how much these clubs don’t give a garbage about their B teams. As a result their will be a lot of turnover on these teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. If your son is good enough, any top team will accommodate him. Especially if they are lacking talent in certain positions. Definitely look to attend other tryouts if you are unhappy with your current situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. If your son is good enough, any top team will accommodate him. Especially if they are lacking talent in certain positions. Definitely look to attend other tryouts if you are unhappy with your current situation.

Oh I agree. If a kid is a super stud a top team will accommodate him. But in most cases that kids parents have already been in touch with the club. The tryout is a formality, if they even come at all. The B and C team rosters of the bigger clubs are very light.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I agree. If a kid is a super stud a top team will accommodate him. But in most cases that kids parents have already been in touch with the club. The tryout is a formality, if they even come at all. The B and C team rosters of the bigger clubs are very light.

I refer to them as the T and M team. You know. After the A team. So the directors essentially have an ATM!! I'll be here all week folks, try the veal!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I refer to them as the T and M team. You know. After the A team. So the directors essentially have an ATM!! I'll be here all week folks, try the veal!!

Haha. Pretty good. So true. Covid really exposed how much these clubs don’t care about the B and C teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how are the teams looking at laxfest today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express and its 40 kid roster pretty much steamrolled everyone. That team looked really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express and its 40 kid roster pretty much steamrolled everyone. That team looked really good.

40 really ? And how many Play ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

40 really ? And how many Play ?

That I’m not sure of. 24 kids on sideline. 4 goalies. 11
On the field. I watched them vs orange storm. I didn’t see to many substitutions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 on the field? No wonder they did so well. Blind refs. 😁

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have recommendations for attack centric clinics for fall and winter? Nassau or Western Suffolk...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hows the 91 camp ? Money grab or good ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me just set the record straight here for some of the misinformation......regardless of how many players are on the sidelines the first and second lines for express got equal time . I was there and see it myself . 91 got a proper beat down plain and simple . And speaking of substitutions....I also have a friend with a son who is on 91 and he got a total of 3 minutes if the game , father was fuming. So you were saying ? Take a loss like a man,stop making excuses that are typical to 91 dads.....and just for the record express also beat down 91 team a few weeks earlier , so not a fluke . The 91 team is just not very good .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 on the field? No wonder they did so well. Blind refs. 😁

Haha. Sorry. Was still drying to dry my clothes from yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me just set the record straight here for some of the misinformation......regardless of how many players are on the sidelines the first and second lines for express got equal time . I was there and see it myself . 91 got a proper beat down plain and simple . And speaking of substitutions....I also have a friend with a son who is on 91 and he got a total of 3 minutes if the game , father was fuming. So you were saying ? Take a loss like a man,stop making excuses that are typical to 91 dads.....and just for the record express also beat down 91 team a few weeks earlier , so not a fluke . The 91 team is just not very good .

I’m not a 91 dad. I just watched the game. The express team was very good and yes dominated 91. I was just suprised how many kids were on the sidelines. If your happy with the program than that’s great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hows the 91 camp ? Money grab or good ?

It’s tomorrow for this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People have choices, if players don't play they can leave right ? So why bother saying 40 kids on the sidelines . People are grown decision makers , everybody has a choice including the kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not a 91 dad. I just watched the game. The express team was very good and yes dominated 91. I was just suprised how many kids were on the sidelines. If your happy with the program than that’s great.

So many kids on the sidelines b/c they had the AA and A team (or A & B depending on how you look at it) there. All the kids got playing time. Obviously the AA played the majority though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of teams that bring 22 kids and there are still kids that don't get playing time at all ....FACT. So if someone carries 25 or 55 and the starters only play or the starters and second line okay what's the difference and who cares .....like has been stated before on this thread ....people have choices . Do what's best for you but no need to go on here and say " I counted 85 kids on the sidelines " congratulations you know how to count .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please stop with the AA,A,B. teams have an A,B,and a C team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People have choices, if players don't play they can leave right ? So why bother saying 40 kids on the sidelines . People are grown decision makers , everybody has a choice including the kids

I think you would agree 40 kids on a team for a tourney is a little out of the ordinary. The team (roster and all) crushed everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is no one talking about the WSYL? The only tournament in their youth that actually matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is no one talking about the WSYL? The only tournament in their youth that actually matters.

Are the Vegas betting lines up yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it isn't going to happen until 2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it matters that much!! Take a hint buddy NAL and NLF have more talent and no 10K price tag or travel to Colorado

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've had to listen to a someone complaining recently about their kid's situation. And it got me thinking about what attributes separate and AA player from B from C, etc.

Think Madden rankings. AA players will be high in most of these:
size
strength
speed / athleticism
lacrosse iq
intensity / competitiveness / aggression
stick skills (cradling, shooting, gbs)

B players might be low in 1 or 2 of those areas, but high in the rest. etc.

What say you? Not to stir the pot. But helpful in trying to calmly/diplomatically/tactfully trying to explain to other why their kid didn't make x team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it isn't going to happen until 2022

How does that work? So are 2025 and 2026 just SOL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it matters that much!! Take a hint buddy NAL and NLF have more talent and no 10K price tag or travel to Colorado

You obviously have never been to the WSYL. It is the best run lacrosse event anywhere and the highlight of their youth sports career. Worth every Penney. And it is a true on age tourney that bands post-pubescent “man” cheaters, that are a year or even two years older than they are suppose to be, from using that advantage against pre-pubescent boys”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. This age group seems to be FAIRLY sane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only teams that complain about the WSYL are holdback teams...good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WSYL seems to be trending in a great direction the last few years. Enjoy your time out there. Don't let all the parents on the ranked teams around here that play each other in their own backyards give you any guff. Money well spent!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WSYL seems to be trending in a great direction the last few years. Enjoy your time out there. Don't let all the parents on the ranked teams around here that play each other in their own backyards give you any guff. Money well spent!

I went with my older boy. An unbelievable experience! It really can’t be compared to anything else. It’s the iconic event in youth lacrosse. Hopefully your sons team will qualify. Then sit back and prepare to be amazed!

Unless of course, your son is a holdback on a holdback team, then, by all means, continue with the lame rhetoric/excuses... since Jake Steinfeld doesn’t allow cheaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I went with my older boy. An unbelievable experience! It really can’t be compared to anything else. It’s the iconic event in youth lacrosse. Hopefully your sons team will qualify. Then sit back and prepare to be amazed!

Unless of course, your son is a holdback on a holdback team, then, by all means, continue with the lame rhetoric/excuses... since Jake Steinfeld doesn’t allow cheaters.

Sounds like a quality event that has gotten better every year and really picking up steam

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard