Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Team 91 Evaluation Camp on Aug 17th-19th | Lax On Elite Tryouts Start Tomorrow! | BOTC now with 2,200 Registered Members! Thanks for you support!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/14/20 05:37 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 08/14/20 05:32 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/14/20 05:19 PM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/14/20 05:18 PM
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 08/14/20 05:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,084
Posts269,440
Members2,200
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 356 of 360 1 2 354 355 356 357 358 359 360
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #305293 07/28/20 02:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So after a mess of barely any season, and no refunds or credit back for next season, the current kids on the team are not guaranteed a spot for the new season?

It's said; things become old fast. Express tryouts? Re-group and collect a new bundle of money. I guess I'll shell out more money for round two of uncertainty with them.

There are no tryouts. Teams are staying the same and rolling into the new season.

No chance. Every club will hold tryouts.

It's already been communicated that there will be no tryouts.

When exactly was that communicated?

In each of the Zoom calls leadership conducted with parents. Now, since that call occurred... i have noticed several new kids join teams

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #305296 07/28/20 02:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No chance. Every club will hold tryouts.[/quote]

It's already been communicated that there will be no tryouts.[/quote]

When exactly was that communicated?[/quote]

In each of the Zoom calls leadership conducted with parents. Now, since that call occurred... i have noticed several new kids join teams[/quote]

We switched teams to play on Express to get playing time at the HS level.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305307 07/28/20 04:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after a mess of barely any season, and no refunds or credit back for next season, the current kids on the team are not guaranteed a spot for the new season?

It's said; things become old fast. Express tryouts? Re-group and collect a new bundle of money. I guess I'll shell out more money for round two of uncertainty with them.

There are no tryouts. Teams are staying the same and rolling into the new season.

There may not be tryouts, but teams will NOT be staying the same.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305314 07/28/20 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 and Express are the exact same beast.

My kids have played for both and they are not the same beast. 91 charges the same but gives you less. Every opportunity to double dip on tournaments where they can get away with it, they do. The only thing 91 has over Express is they run the winter directors clinic which is generally very good. Express's clinics are ala carte. Beyond that, 91 nickle and dimes you to death. My experience with Express is, here is the price, you pay it and done. I remember 91 charging us $7 for helmet decals. Yeah. $7. We had to collect money from parents for that.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #305315 07/28/20 07:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have the cash, your on an Express team. Very simple.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #305317 07/28/20 07:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You all dont get it. Express does not reject anyone at tryouts, because they are more than happy to take anyone's money and overload the teams. It doesnt mean you will play, or even necessarily be on the best team in that age group. They say no tryouts to keep you happy so you pay your money. But they are always adding players. Beginning, middle, and end. They are adding them now.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #305534 07/31/20 06:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since most posts always seem to point to the negative. All things considered, In my opinion, the Express has produced a solid summer season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305572 07/31/20 11:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You all dont get it. Express does not reject anyone at tryouts, because they are more than happy to take anyone's money and overload the teams. It doesnt mean you will play, or even necessarily be on the best team in that age group. They say no tryouts to keep you happy so you pay your money. But they are always adding players. Beginning, middle, and end. They are adding them now.

If there are no tryouts, I'd have to think that parents of stronger players on the Express B teams can't be happy their sons won't have a shot at making A. Also, must be a relief to the bottom 3 or 4 boys on every A team roster.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #305607 07/31/20 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C’mon stop it. Three clubs already announced tryouts. Do you really think there won’t be tryouts. That’s funny. And no players on the B teams will make any A teams, or they would be there already. You don’t really believe that any B team player is making the A team? You need a travel parent intervention. Be the best on the B team and enjoy that. Or go to some second tier club A team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305624 07/31/20 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C’mon stop it. Three clubs already announced tryouts. Do you really think there won’t be tryouts. That’s funny. And no players on the B teams will make any A teams, or they would be there already. You don’t really believe that any B team player is making the A team? You need a travel parent intervention. Be the best on the B team and enjoy that. Or go to some second tier club A team.

1/2 of players Express bloated A teams never see the field because they are just B level players. They are only on the A team due to politics, favors or $$$$. Everyone is happy until recruiting gears up.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #305626 07/31/20 10:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players don’t improve or mature?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305677 08/01/20 08:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, that’s that thinking why B team player parents think they’ll be A team players. It’s rare on the elite clubs. B teams used be awesome at the big clubs. But the parents ruined the model in recent years, plus the saturation on clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305707 08/02/20 09:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What 3 clubs have announced tryouts? I haven't seen any. Also, the best middie on the 2023 A team was on the B the team for multiple years. Things change...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305727 08/02/20 03:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What 3 clubs have announced tryouts? I haven't seen any. Also, the best middie on the 2023 A team was on the B the team for multiple years. Things change...

Yeah, very very few. The problem is that there are too many kids on the A teams that don’t belong there. And parents hold out to be one of those very very few. And I don’t blame the clubs. If somebody is willing to pay to have their kid sit on the bench, that’s on the parents.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #305791 08/03/20 09:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am confused. I thought the top team in each age group was labeled AA and the next level was A. So is the top team AA overloaded with too many players?

Like Reply Quote
Page 356 of 360 1 2 354 355 356 357 358 359 360
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard